Start by marking “Big and Little” as Want to Read:
Big and Little

Big and Little

Big Raccoon and Little Raccoon love each other very much. They come across a snail trying to climb a rock, wanting to 'get to the other side.' Little Raccoon wants to wait for it and Big Raccoon doesn't. The disagreement over what happens next pulls both raccoons apart, only for them to come back together to a stronger friendship. A touching book about learning when to hel ...more
Expected publication: June 15th 2021 by Clavis (first published July 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Big and Little, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big and Little

Start your review of Big and Little
Tina
This is a children's book that I read with my twin boys. This is a cute book with a good message. I loved the pictures. I think this is a great book to read with kids that as a much big sister or brother because this book's message would help them seeing being big or little is cool. I think that children that really understand and get the main character in this book. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Clavis Publishing) or author (Yang Hang) via NetGalley, so I can gi ...more
Rebecca Crunden
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Oh goodness, these raccoons are TOO PRECIOUS. What a lovely little book for kids about patience and friendship.

➵ thank you netgalley for the free arc in exchange for an honest review ♡
Jeanie
Feb 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Big and Little Racoon love to be together. If you haven't heard, Racoons can get in trouble. In this humorous story about friends, little and big, and how you can help a friend, you and your child will have lots to discover. The illustrations are adorable and who can't help but think Racoons are pretty cute!

A special thank you to Clavis Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
Jenna Rideout
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-netgalley
I was granted complimentary eARC access to Big and Little by Yang Hang through the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Big and Little is the story of two friends, Big Raccon and Little Raccoon, and how they learn to be patient with each other while out on a picnic walk in the woods. It's a cute, quick read that will surely charm kids everywhere! The illustrations are beautiful, too. I could look at these pages all day.

My one critique is the formatting choice to always put
Sally
Feb 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Thanks to Clavis Publishing and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to enjoy and review your book.
Two raccoons go for a walk and come across a snail trying to climb a mountain. Little Racoon wants to stop and watch the snail but Big Racoon wants to hurry along. The friends end up falling out and they go their separate ways. But they learn something valuable in the process.
I absolutely love the last line in this book. It speaks volumes about the message of doing things together and knowing th
This book was recently translated from Dutch into English. The illustrations are cute, but I couldn't help thinking that the racoons looked more like pandas with long tails.

This book sadly didn't work for me. To be honest, it sounds as thought it was written by a child, especially when Big Raccoon and Little Raccoon have their disagreement. Due to the way it was written, the message the author intended to portray gets somewhat lost.

Children will still enjoy this book, but I don't think it will
Theediscerning
Feb 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Hmmm... This tale of two raccoons, one large and one small, off on their jollies together, has some kind of moral about there being more than one way to give help to someone. And that's about it – I doubt the lesson will be perfectly clear to all the young readers attracted by the pleasant artwork and the portrayal of the critters' friendship. Little Raccoon wants to watch a snail cross its own Rubicon, achieve its own sisyphean task, but Big Raccoon just hasn't the patience. It's only when he c ...more
Andreea
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange of my honest opinion.

Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved the illustrations, even though I thought Big and Little were pandas with tails - at one point I realized they were raccoons, and they were still very cute (and still very much pandas in my head). Gorgeous illustrations.

What I did not really like was... the conflict between them. It doesn't really make sense or maybe something got lost in the translation, but I think because of how rus
Pegah Ouji
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Big and Little is a sweet little story about friendships that span ages, be it in sibling relations, parental, or classmates. We are surrounded by people who are bigger and littler than us. It is tempting to continue to do the works that needs to be done for those smaller than us. But how will they learn to do it on their own? This story begins that conversation for young children and the message is one that we can all learn from regardless of our age.
Etienne
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Might be a bit too many repetitions of Big Raccoon and Little Raccoon in the text. I understand the repetitive sentences to help children follow up or even read by themselves, but I find it annoying. If not, a casual adventure story for children, nothing great or bad about it. Kind of an average book!
This was cute. It teaches kids to be patient and in friendships/relationships you can’t only do what you want to do but also what the other person wants or needs to do. Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC I received.
NayDoubleU
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Cute book with a cute concept but i think the point of the story was a little messy. A bit confusing for me myself but my 5 yo nephew enjoyed it
Alexanderia
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thanks NetGalley for the arc! My toddler and I enjoyed the story. Looking forward to reading it again!
Karen Firstbrook

• Germs Up Close
  • Mouse Music
  • Meet Me By the Sea
  • Breathe Deep, Little Sheep: A Calm-Down Book for Kids
  • The Adventures of Rembrandt, the Tuxedo Cat: Helps Callie, the Calico Cat, Find Her Meow
  • The Sinister Superyacht: a Provence Cozy Mystery (Julie Cavallo Investigates, #3)
  • 40 Seconds (comiXology Originals) #3
  • 40 Seconds (comiXology Originals) #2
  • 40 Seconds (comiXology Originals) #1
  • Made for Each Other (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #2)
  • The Weirdies
  • Let All the Children Boogie
  • THE THREE LITTLE PIGS: Fairy Story Shorts
  • Little Knife (Grishaverse, #2.6)
  • Why Do Cats Do That? 98 Kitty Questions Answered