Jump to ratings and reviews

The Wright Family #2

Arrogant Architect

A sexy, new forbidden romance from USA Today bestselling author Alexa Padgett.

For the first time in years, I want…

I want Knox Wright. My best friend’s brother, my boss…the man who breaks my still-shattered heart.
Knox was a college hockey legend and, now, he’s one of the most successful architects in decades. I was the new hire whose desperate need to move on from that night drove me to succeed.
I never should have accepted the position, not once I looked into Knox Wright’s eyes and felt the heat deep in my belly…but I did. Because Knox makes me feel alive. And as I fall under Knox’s spell, our relationship turns intense and deep…and secret. When our affair runs the risk of being exposed, I face a far more intimate betrayal than I ever expected.

279 pages, Kindle Edition

Published May 16, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Alexa Padgett

48 books1,326 followers
With a degree in international marketing and a varied career path that includes content management for a web firm, marketing direction for a high-profile sports agency, and a two-year stint with a renowned literary agency, award-winning author Alexa Padgett has returned to her first love: writing fiction.

Alexa spent a good part of her youth traveling. From Budapest to Belize, Calgary to Coober Pedy, she soaked in the myriad smells, sounds, and feels of these gorgeous places, wishing she could live in them all—at least for a while. And she does in her books.

She lives in New Mexico with her husband, children, and Great Pyrenees pup, Ash. When not writing, schlepping, or volunteering, she can be found in her tiny kitchen, channeling her inner Barefoot Contessa.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (1%)
1 star
6 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 85 reviews
Profile Image for Margaret Watkins.
2,639 reviews51 followers
May 15, 2021
When a broken heart meets betrayal of trust, it would seem that the only solution to the problem is overwhelming desire. I wanted to weep for Emmaline as she faces the loss of her dreams and heart's desire, yet cheer her on as she sets her mind to putting her life back on track and moving forward. Knox is not only living with his own guilt and anger over the betrayal of trust but having to deal with his brother's as well. The office handbook is quite clear: no fraternization between staff members. And yet, Knox and Emmaline find it almost impossible to avoid each other despite their best efforts. As Emmaline finally comes to the place where she can let the past go, she still has to deal with Knox's surprising attitude and her world crashes once again. I found this novel sad, but so romantic as broken hearts are mended and the soul mates find each other. This book is part of a series and whilst it is not essential, it does help if one reads the books in order. Nevertheless, this romance is a standalone and comes to a happy and successful conclusion. I received a copy of this novel as a gift and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Profile Image for Jessica.
263 reviews10 followers
April 25, 2021
This book is heartbreakingly beautiful. Originally introduced in Magnetic Medic, Knox is the happy-go lucky middle brother who gave up on a professional hockey career to assist in saving the family architectural firm.

I wasn't prepared for how deliciously good this book was. At first, you think Arrogant Architect is the story of a boss with the hots for his employee. The story then spins as Knox's new employee is the best friend of his kid sister. She should be completely off limits, but Knox has never been one to play by the rules. Except the more he learns about her, the more he realizes that he may have a challenge overcoming not only the ghosts of her past but his as well.

At each turn, the story just morphs until you're completely submerged in their world. The best part is that you are not even aware it's happening until you look up. Most of the underlying conflict revolves around tragic moments in time and how we process them. The characters are so well-written that you can honestly feel their pain. It's just haunting, which makes the ending so much more deserving. It's definitely something that they both had to fight to win. I didn't cry, but it came pretty close. I am not sure this is going to be one of those that I reread. My heart just can't take the emotional turpitude.
Profile Image for BookAddict.
1,441 reviews94 followers
May 15, 2021
Not long ago, a reviewer reminded us to review the book that we read, not the book we wish had been written. Sage advice, especially when it comes to our shero, Emmaline Schooler. In her shoes, I never would have listened to the advice she received and made the choices she did. But then my twenties are a dim glow in the rearview mirror, and our choices a couple of decades later probably should be different than when we were twenty something.

In one fatal night, Emmaline lost everything in her life that had ever mattered, yet reminders of her loss are everywhere. She's trying to put the past behind her and get on with the business of living, which is how she finds herself employed at Wright and Associates, the architect firm of her best friend, Aidy, and Aidy's brothers, Nico and Knox. Never mind the attraction that blooms between her and Knox, because the company has a strict no fraternization policy, and for good reason.

Once again this talented, crafty storyteller gives a poignant compelling, emotional romance infused with a delectable serving of heart. Emmaline's backstory completely wrecked me, its shadow hovering throughout the story, with glimmers of hope breaking through. These characters owned my heart as I flew through the pages forgetting to breathe and desperate to discover how things would work out.

I’ve about given up having a favorite read from this gifted wordsmith because each new book surpasses her last. Fans of office romance will certainly devour this one, but any lover of heartfelt, angsty romance will easily fall for this heart-wrenching, hypnotic, remarkable read.
Profile Image for Sharon Moritz-rosenthal.
1,890 reviews17 followers
May 16, 2021
I fell in love with Knox in the first Wright sibling book where we meet his pregnant sister in Magnetic Medic and so when I heard that Knox was getting his own book I could not wait to read it. It really was so different than the first book and totally not what I expected at all. It easily stands alone and I really enjoyed reading it. It was a wonderful story about falling for a co-worker at an architect firm run by Knox and his brother.

In this story we get to know Emmaline or Em, who is a good friend of Knox's sister, Aidy and also of Bridget and Simon. Em gets the job at the firm run by Knox and his brother but as long as he never sleeps with her. So that is the forbidden part of this story.

Em is young but she is a person in enormous pain. She sort of lost the love of her life and she really is trying very hard to move on. Enter Knox who makes her feel again and she has to decide if she wants to take a risk on him, getting hurt again and if she is ready to move forward with her life.

This was an extremely emotional story and at times I felt like crying with Em. That said I was also impressed how brave and mature she was in this story.

Knox was a wonderful character and he falls for Em very fast but he has to figure out how to make this at work romance work while making his brother and sister happy and getting to know Em.

This was a wonderful story and I adored every single character in this story. It had some wonderful heartfelt moments and I couldn't stop reading the story, it was that great.

I received a free ARC copy of this book from the author prior to release and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Paulalovesherbooks.
265 reviews3 followers
May 16, 2021
This book was such a great read, it was my first by the author, so I didn't know what to expect, but she delivered a highly emotional story. I've only recently discovered the Cocky Hero Club and I love reading books taking place in that world. As the title says, Knox really is an arrogant arhitect. A formar NHL player, used to women flock to him as bee to honey, even he is surprised by the strong attraction he feels toward Emmaline, from the moment he first saw her. She has a very tragic past, and her interview at the architectural firm is the beginning of starting over. She's also instantly attracted to Knox, but she bears emotional scars that are hard to overcome. I must admit, as I started reading I thought, yet another book with insta atraction and a whirlwind affair, so I was positively surprised by the plot. They are mature caracters, their thinking is very logical and unselfish. Even though Knox is described as an arrogant womanizer, he is a very thoughtful man, one that cares about his family and Em's well being. I loved seeing Em being brave and starting over after all the pain she went through. But Knox is still a man, which means he is bound to screw up, which he does in a very high manner. He is so arrogant, he doesn't think before he speaks, which cost him Emmaline. But he is a man who knows what he wants and goes after it!
I can't wait to read Nico's story next 😉.
Profile Image for Jackie Wright.
4,103 reviews74 followers
May 16, 2021
This is a wonderful addition to the world of Cocky Hero’s, it’s a captivating, heartfelt read that will appeal to a wide range of audiences.
What happens when you fall for your boss !!!!
This book is a continuation of Magnetic Medic but I haven’t read that book so please don’t be put off if like me Alexa Padgett us new to you, you really don’t need to read that book to enjoy and understand Knox and Emmaline’s story.
Knox and Emmaline meet when she interviews for a position at Wright Architect’s and from the moment their eyes meet there is sizzling heat and an instant attraction but this is a couple who both have pasts they need to overcome before they can look to a future and is a relationship with you’re boss the way to get over the hurt from the past.....
This is not your normal boy meets girl romance, this journey has so many layers, it’s a heart touching story with the need for trust, forgiveness and healing before either Em and Knox can move on. This story also shows us how traumatic brain injury can effect a family but this authors writes about this subject with compassion. This is a story about love, passion, friendship and families and it touched me on so many levels, it left me wanting more so I guess that means I need to check out Magnetic Medic book one in The Wright Family Series. Looking forward to more from this author and this family .
1,665 reviews20 followers
May 16, 2021
Wow! This is my first read by this author and I’m now a huge fan. Knox and Emmaline are amazing. One night, one moment in time and your world is turned upside down because of choices people made. Emmaline has been dealt a crap sandwich in her life and now she needs to start over and leave the past where it belongs, in the past, but that’s easier said than done, because love isn’t easy to forget. Knox has had his share of women, in and out of his life, but one lesson learned don’t mix business with pleasure, but when Em starts to work at the family company, he can’t seem to shake the way she makes him feel, she’s genuine, smart, funny, and loyal, but Nic makes the rules, no dating your employee. Well, we all know that rules are meant to be broken. Will Em try to move past her old life and find happiness with Knox or will it continue to haunt her? Can Knox be the man Em needs to move forward with him? I guess you need to read this to see what happens. Such a great read, loved it.
Profile Image for Michelle.
345 reviews2 followers
April 30, 2021
I can't convey how much I loved Arrogant Architect!! Emmaline and Knox had chemistry for DAYSSSS, they kept telling themselves they couldn't act on it because you see Emmaline happens to be employed by Knox's architecture firm, so he's her boss...that's not the only reason though. One of the things that Knox and Emmaline have in common is something you never want to share, but they do. They both lost their parents tragically, Emmaline lost so much more, her life as she knew it was blown apart and even though it's been a few years, she is stuck in the past and now what she feels for Knox is making her feel guilty. Knox's brother Nico finds out something that Emmaline didn't tell them about, so he doesn't trust her, and wants to test her loyalty to the company. Knox doesn't agree with what Nico wants to do, but he doesn't fight him on it either really, they both have been burned in the past by women they thought they could trust. What will happen when Emmaline finds out what the Wright brothers have been up to? Will she be able to let go of the past and allow herself a possible future with Knox? Y'all don't want to miss this story, and now I'm crossing my fingers hoping to get Nico's story!!
16 reviews
April 29, 2021
Continuing the series from Magnetic Medic, the Arrogant Architect brings us more from the Wright Family of Architects. We meet Knox, former hockey protegee and key architect in the family’s firm. It’s in this story that the author is able to take time to develop the characters in the overall story, and we are reintroduced to Aidy and Dr. Ryder McKay. We see why all of the sibling’s interactions are based on a sad family history, and how they are striving to move forward in their lives.
As we are discovering Knox’s tragedies, we are introduced to Emmeline and her tragic past. She and Knox are both victims of loss in different ways yet their suspicions and guilt inhibit their ability to bond. Emmaline’s losses are so profound that she changes her professional and personal goals to accommodate her need for family and acceptance. She is a gifted and talented architect, yet is paralyzed by her past trauma.
As she and Knox heal each other, they still have to overcome their lack of trusting each other. Ms. Padgett has crafted a story of redemption her fans of her Seattle Sound and Austin After Dark series will appreciate.
1,157 reviews3 followers
April 12, 2021
This was such a great book, absolutely loved it . So many emotions love, pain, anguish, loss, sorrow, heart lifting, invigorating and more are all in this story.. Alexa Padgett books are fabulous and I highly recommend for everyone to read this book or any in this series.. I can not wait for the next and last brother to have his book... this book can be read as a standalone or in order of the series (book 2).

Knox gave up his dreams of being a professional hockey player to work in the family business after his parents died. Knox wasn't happy at first with the idea that his company was hiring Emmaline, there was something about her that he could not brush off. She fascinated him, he found her beautiful, sexy, smart, and talented but office romances never work out but it is also against his work policy.
Emmaline was applying for a job at her friends family company, she knew her friend had two older brother she just never expected to be attracted to the youngest brother. She is feeling guilty and confused about experiencing feelings for another man while her ex fiance is still good friends with her.
130 reviews2 followers
April 8, 2021
Emalie and Knox are running like a couple of race horses, flying to the finish line, breaths held as they seek true love, excited that they'll both win in the end. Of course they don't really see what is before them because they're so hung up on bad things that have happened in their lives. Death of parents, breakups with former lovers, a need to 'suck it up, (and grow up) Buttercup,' and the interference by a sibling or two all lead to troubles in paradise.
Some of the better parts of the book are the descriptions of the work of the architects. Wow. I'd love to spend some time with some of them, watching them create and design. Em is so talented and creative I'd feel honored to be allowed into her world.
I grew tired of Em and Knox not being more generous in forgiving the other's frailties. You'd have to be a mindreader to forsee how easily you can anger one another with a few words.
Thank God for supportive family and friends. Many of them are extremely wealthy and the others are well known professionals throughout New England. If wealth turns you off you may not enjoy this book. If it is a turn on, get busy reading.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and its effects on a family play a big part in Em's life. Her dedication to a project to alleviate some of the crushing problems associated with TBI are well written.
Profile Image for Biggs_bookshelf.
1,015 reviews12 followers
April 18, 2021
Spot on for contemporary romance and the cocky hero’s club. I truly wish they allowed half stars because it really was a 4 1/2 star read for me. I am a little disappointed we didn’t see more of the turmoil for Knox and Nico. To me that’s a huge thing and it was skimmed over. Otherwise, I loved the book and the story line was unique and one I haven’t seen anything quite like it. Lots of feels good and bad. Emmaline is a strong courageous woman who doesn’t know she is because like most of us we don’t see our true selves. Knox is a cocky guy with his own bag of issues and a pension for putting his foot in his mouth. I loved seeing how this story parallels her precious book Magnetic Magnet, rounding out that story more and adding depth! Hope to see Nicos story!
May 16, 2021
Arrogant Architect is a second chance story, beautiful and filled with emotion. And this is my favorite type of book. And while I had never read the work of Alexa Padgett, I'm glad this landed on my kindle and went it blind. It was a heartwarming surprise that has me obsessing with her writing and her outstanding character development.

Knox Wright is a successful architect, former hockey player, and known as a charismatic playboy. He can be a bit arrogant but he didn't hesitate to put family first when they needed him. Emmaline Schooler is finally finding her way and starting to live and make something out of herself after unthinkable tragedy brought her to her knees. She doesn't trust easily and is very guarded. So when she meets Knox at a work interview, she senses he is trouble and prefers not to act on the attraction.

Knox is instantly smitten with her but, for the sake of his company and family, must remain professional. They will slowly get to know each other, peeling layers of hurt and the binds from their past. Will Emmaline be able to trust and love again?

If you are hesitant about which book to read from the Cocky Hero Club, just go for Arrogant Architect. It's an extraordinary and heartfelt story. Truly amazing!
1,128 reviews4 followers
May 16, 2021
I absolutely loved this book. It was a story about Emmaline, a brokenhearted woman who had lost the love of her life, or who he used to be, and all her hopes and dreams along with it. She finally got to a point in her life where she tried to allow herself to move on and try to live as normal and happy a life as she could manage. When she interviewed at the company where she was trying to get hired, she met Know, who we previously met in 'Magnetic Medic'. The two were immediately attracted to each other but tried to hold back from pursuing anything with each other. Emmaline for her past heartbreak and Know for past betrayal and trust issues with an ex and previous colleague. The tory had me engaged from the very beginning and held my attention to the very end. It was emotional as well as steamy and I did not want to put it down. I can't wait until we get to read Nico's story. I received a review copy of this story from the author and am leaving a voluntary honest review.
Profile Image for Sandie Chraponski.
1,036 reviews8 followers
May 16, 2021
Alexa Padgett has written an emotionally charged story of healing and acceptance, and it is going to grab you and keep you hooked until the very end.

Emmaline has survived more than any one person should ever have to by the age of 20. She now has the opportunity of a lifetime for a new future, what she is not expecting is Knox and the pull she feels towards him.

This story has many layers and subplots that will definitely hold your interest until the end! This is a slow burn, but once it catches it is a fire not easily put out. If you haven’t read any books by Alexa Padgett pick this one up, you will not be disappointed.
1,204 reviews
May 15, 2021
A fantastic story. The characters and the storyline for this book were incredible. The story had everything you need in a good book. It had me desperately needing to know what was going to happen. I absolutely loved it.
Profile Image for Nancy (The Avid Reader).
2,246 reviews94 followers
May 17, 2021
For Knox Wright and his new employee and his little sister’s best friend, Emmaline it was instant love. Neither one of them knew this when they first met at Emmaline’s interview for Knox’s architect firm even though both of them had started to heat up, but I do believe their hearts did.

The heat just kept ramping up each time they met no matter how hard they fought it for different reasons. Each had things in their past that kept them from feeling what they did. Things they kept hidden from the world or at least tried to.

Emmaline wanted Knox so bad but knew deep in her heart that could never be. The first reason being that he was her boss and they're being together going against the rules set by the Wright Family firm. And not to mention that she has a secret that she is trying to keep hidden from the Wright Family that she believes could end up being a complication with her job.

I have been patiently waiting to read Knox’s story in Arrogant Architect ever since I caught a glimpse of him in the first book in The Wright Family series, Magnetic Medic. I couldn’t wait to read about his dreamy story. Once I was introduced to him I wanted to know more instantly. And now I can’t wait to read the other brother Nico’s story.

Arrogant Architect had my attention from the first page. There were times when I felt like crying and then there were times when I would just laugh out loud. Arrogant Architect kept me on the edge of my seat time after time wondering if Knox and Emmaline would ever put their past behind them and move on, right into each other's arms for all time.

Arrogant Architect is one of the best romantic books I think I have read this year well, that would be if I didn’t count the first book Magnetic Medic of course. Grab your copy of both Magnetic Medic and Arrogant Architect today to begin a great romance or two! Both books are completely standalone but seeing how both books are great stories with some very awesome and dreamy characters I do suggest that you give both a try.
Profile Image for Juliana Ignácio.
990 reviews2 followers
April 29, 2021
Emmaline and Knox had already been introduced to readers in the first book in this series, Magnetic Medic, and now we can get to know their story.
After a tragic night that changed the course of her life forever, Emmaline managed to rise and be hired by the company in which Knox is one of the partners. In the first meeting between them, during her job interview, the attraction between them can already be felt, but both are afraid when she is hired due to the company's relationship policy.
Emmaline's work is admired by them, and the attraction between her and Knox grows and, as they spend more time together, they both open up more about their past traumas.
But when Emmaline finally opens up to Knox, things don't go exactly as expected and the betrayal is more painful than she imagined.
Will they be able to overcome everything and be happy? Or will Emmaline shut herself off entirely to relationships after the disappointments she faced?
I loved the story and the characters. I highly recommend the reading.
Profile Image for Jami Kehr.
843 reviews7 followers
May 11, 2021
Crazy Chemistry, Confliction Galore, Sexy As Sin Brothers... What more could a girl want?!?

Knox and Emmaline's story was devastatingly refreshing. Not your average contemporary romance, these two will capture the reader with their journey. A must read!

Now on to Nico... I need more from this man!
Profile Image for Sarah.
1,391 reviews1 follower
May 16, 2021
After reading Magnetic Medic, I was looking forward to reading more of Knox. His and Emmaline's story is an emotional one for me. So much despair and grief, insatiable lust and hopes for something more when in reality, nothing more should happen due to their circumstances. I was truly sucked down within the pages of this book, experiencing all of their triumphs and failures right alongside of them. I absolutely loved their book and think it's a perfect fit in the Cocky Hero Club world.
Profile Image for Comfy Couch Book Reviews.
591 reviews41 followers
May 17, 2021
This is the second book about the Wright siblings, following on from Magnetic Medic, Aidy's story.

Whew! sparks really fly when Emmaline meets Knox Wright at her interview for a job with the prestigious Wright architectural design company. Knox also feels an instant attraction to the beautiful Emmaline, but fraternizing with employees is against company policy.

Emmaline's fiance was brain damaged in a car accident and it has taken her a long time to put her life back together and move on, so she does not want to jeopardize her new job by having an affair with her boss. But staying professional and not succumbing to their desires is almost impossible for both of them, the pull between them is so strong.

Emmaline's story is heartbreaking and you want her to find a new love after all she has suffered. Knox also has a past but going forward with a new love means being able to trust again and he is not helped by his older brother Nico who also has trust issues and decides to test Emmaline's loyalty to the company.

Alexa gives us an enthralling story of love and loss, trust and betrayal that plays out before our eyes with Knox and Emmaline's slow burn romance in the centre. Once the match is lit, the fire between them takes off and nothing will get in it's way as both of them learn to trust each other an put their pasts behind them. It was great to see Aidy again in the background as she helps and supports her friend while going through her own difficulties.

Looking forward to Nico's story from Alexa as I would love to know what is eating at this guy!
Profile Image for Bec.
1,184 reviews4 followers
May 17, 2021
I want to find a Knox!! He is so intriguing.
I cannot wait for the next in this series.
Recommend to all
Profile Image for Charity Chimni.
Author 2 books9 followers
January 27, 2021
I loved seeing a glimpse of our favorite characters from the last book. Emmaline and Knox have great chemistry and both have pasts they need to overcome. They are both stubborn and but heads. I loved the banter. A great addition to the series! I can't wait for Nico's story.
Profile Image for Ree.
2,443 reviews44 followers
May 17, 2021
After I read Magnetic Medic, I couldn't wait for Knox & Emmaline's story, and it truly was one that was worth it.

Emmaline has been through a lot. Losing her entire world while trying hard to live in the real one has already left a deep scar on her. Yet, after so many years of hiding away from feelings, she suddenly begins to feel many things in Knox Wright's presence. Their chemistry is undeniable, making their secret meetings and trysts all the more exciting, yet Emmaline knows that they are on borrowed time.

Knox is still a bit sore after an office liaison turned sour, hitting Wright & Associates hard. It has affected his ability to trust easily, but when Emmaline Schooler walks into the office as their newest hire, he finds himself helpless to ignore the connection between them. A man not accustomed to romance and love, he suddenly finds himself dreaming of a future with Emmaline. Will she be able to trust him after everything that has happened? Is he strong enough to be the man she needs in her life?

I enjoyed this read. A lot of it is sad, but there is real love, patience and romance as two broken persons find a second chance when they least expect it, and allow healing to take place. I look forward to the next book in the series, and recommend it wholeheartedly.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.8k reviews129 followers
May 16, 2021
I'm going to start out by talking about how it was impossible for me to put this story down as Alexa Padgett has an addictive writing style that makes it easy to get lost into her world. Emmaline is a strong woman who has had some very traumatic things happen to her in the past which changed the course of her life, and I LOVED HER HARD! She ends up getting a job with Knox's family business, and Knox certainly has his own set of issues that did him no favors. These two have some serious chemistry, but there's a rule that no one can date another in the company so let the push & pull begin. Just when Emmaline really put her trust in Knox, he went along with a terrible choice that his brother came up with because of his past & it definitely broke my girl's heart which is why I barely, and I mean barely warmed up to him. I do feel like the situation between Knox & his brother Nico was glossed over too much when they were completely in the wrong., and it had far reaching consequences. So yeah, that's all from me, and you'll have to hit those one click buttons to see if Emmaline can forgive Knox's betrayal. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Profile Image for Rhonda.
2,800 reviews66 followers
May 16, 2021
I've never read this author before but oh this book is going to change that. The emotions in this book were at times overwhelming as Em tries to come to terms with traumatic events that have happened in her life. She starts working for her good friends brothers and one has her interested..........Knox! Watching their relationship develop over the course of the story was great and it kept me turning the pages. I loved every word and now I will be going back and reading the first book in this series! Beautiful story!
867 reviews
April 30, 2021
*****Arrogant Architect (ARC) by Alexa Padgett: This story touched me deeply.
The unimaginable pain and heartbreak, trauma and angst, betrayal, the gut wrenching twist, the love and strength, and the support of friends and the healing of time. The characters are well developed and the chemistry between Knox and Em is off the charts - both sweet and intense. Beautiful HEA!
Profile Image for Pat .
18.3k reviews3 followers
April 13, 2021
This was a book that was well worth the read with the wonderful storyline and characters that were so well developed that the chemistry between Emmaline and Knox kept me turning the pages until the turn of the very last page!
184 reviews
April 9, 2021
Absolutely loved this story!! Knox and Emmaline each have had more than their share of tragedy. Trust is a difficult thing for both of them, understandably. No spoilers here ~ they may not get past their trust issues. Another well-written and fabulous story by Ms. Padgett.
Profile Image for Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog).
4,908 reviews153 followers

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU / AUDIO

Emmaline cannot believe how gorgeous, and arrogant, her new boss, Knox is. Unfortunately, there's a clear rule about no fraternization, so she and Knox will just have to control themselves. Easy, right?

Knox has a big problem with his feelings for his new employee. He knows he can't act on the attraction. He knows he should stay away. And he knows he doesn't trust women, so he shouldn't even be thinking about Emmaline the way he does. He shouldn't get involved, but somehow he can't help himself. If she ever finds out what he and his brother are up to, though, she'll never forgive him. She's fragile, so fragile and he doesn't even realize the depth of what she's gone through. Will his deception hurt her beyond repair?

Arrogant Architect is so much more than I had been expecting from the blurb. It's not just an office romance, friend's brother romance - it's a story about healing and acceptance, and yes, love. Poor Emmaline had been through so much for such a young age, her backstory was heartbreaking actually. Knox too had his demons from a past betrayal, so when those demons got the best of him...yeah, it wasn't pretty. Pretty sad in fact, and I was engrossed by these two. Altogether a compelling, entertaining addition to the Cocky Hero Club.

ARC via Give Me Books Promotions for an honest review.

Review / Release Blitz: Live Through Books Blog.

Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Displaying 1 - 30 of 85 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.