Start by marking “Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)

Her Perfect Life

(The Reunited Hearts #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Everyone thinks she's dead
While flying a routine border patrol mission over Iraq, air force captain Katie Slater's plane is blown from the sky and hurtles deep into enemy territory. And Katie awakens to hell.

But six years later she comes home
Helped by a compassionate guard, Katie is finally free. But the perfect life she left behind has vanished. Her husband is remarried,
Paperback, Harlequin Signature Select, 268 pages
Published April 2006 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Her Perfect Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Perfect Life

Jacqueline
I thought I already had a review written for this one. Anyway, here goes. I really enjoyed this book. It was very different in that it was the woman who was in the military and was captured and believed dead. She comes home a couple of years later and her family has moved on. She has to deal with her husband being remarried etc. No one was bad in this book, they were just all caught up in a sad situation. I liked how everything ended up. It felt fairly realistic.
Kay
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print
Judy Pflueger
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book a 5 star rating. That was inaccurate; it should be an 8 star rating. I have never read a book about a female POW. Captain Katie Cole Slater was a POW for 6 years. During her captivity she alternated between wanting to die and just getting it over to wanting to get home to her children and husband. She thought her co-pilot and best friend C.D. Quade must have been killed when they had to eject or he would have come back for her. When Katie was rescued and returned to her life she ...more
Jess Candela
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I once again needed a lot of tissues to read this book. So, so much of it made me cry. But then, this book hits me deeply in very personal ways, ones I don't particularly care to share publicly.

Katie's rescue and return to life involved coming to terms with a whole new reality, and none of it was easy. Of course, having C.D. there made all the difference in the world. His being so wealthy just made it easier, but even without money, simply his presence, friendship, understanding, compassion, and
Nancy Wolfe
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most emotional books that I have read. Pilot Katie Slater and co-pilot CD's plane is shot down in enemy lines. Both are injured, believing that CD is dead Katie tries to get away and find help. She is captured and endures torture, starvation and other inhumane treatment at the hand of the soldiers. The only thing that keeps her alive her family: her husband and 2 children. Being a captive for over 6 years, she has almost given up hope when she is rescued. Believing that she wi ...more
C.J. Darlington
3 1/2 stars. I went into this book thinking it would be a little more about a soldier's struggles adjusting after being a POW, and a little less straight romance. Probably didn't help I didn't see the new cover or realize it was published by Harlequin. That said, it was a unique story as one doesn't often read about a female POW. Hinze doesn't gloss over the horrors Katie went through, but she doesn't get too graphic either. If you love romance stories, you'll probably love this novel as Katie's ...more
Keatyn's Mommy
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a heart wrenching story with a great ending. -- may contain spoilers --

After 6 years of being thought of as dead but being imprisoned as a P.O.W. Katie is rescued and returns to a family that has moved on with out her. Returning to her life is almost impossible, however with the help of her best friend and co-pilot C.D. she is able to maintain some semblance of normal. As she works through a traumatic homecoming, and living with PTSD which she manages very well Katie is on the verge of an a
Bernie
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Perfect Life review

Her Perfect Life is an amazing book written by author Vicki Hinze. After 6 years as an Iraqi POW, a female pilot is rescued. When she returns home, she finds that her family has moved on with their lives because she was declared dead by the military. This is a powerful, heartbreaking, sad, emotional and uplifting story.
Jacqueline
Oh wow, okay, I wasn't expecting a not-fluff story from an Harlequin imprint...guess I was wrong to assume. I looked at the book and put it back on the shelf and went home and then changed my mind and picked it up when I was next at the mall.
Jamie Marfurt
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book and it held my interest, but it was a little unbelievable how perfectly everything worked out in the end (even knowing the title is "Her PERFECT Life"!) I wasn't expecting chicklit/romance, so it was outside my preferred genre, but still a good story overall.
Amanda Kern
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book

I loved the book when it came out years ago. I picked it up on the kindle recently and instill enjoyed it.
Pat
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story! Very thought provoking romantic story of a woman's courage strength and love. Highly recommend. Found this scrolling through my Kindle app. So glad I did!
Alison
Cheryl
Aug 19, 2015
Jul 18, 2015
Missnoname
rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2017
  • The Italian's Marriage Demand
  • Artistic License
  • Secret Seduction
  • Fear Up Harsh: An Army Interrogator's Dark Journey Through Iraq
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • The Rancher's Second Chance
  • Hour of Judgment (Jurisdiction, #4)
  • The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688)
  • Trouble Won't Wait (Love-n-Trouble)
  • The Fifth Day of Christmas
  • Last Girl Dancing
  • Treasure on Lilac Lane (Jewell Cove, #2)
  • The Turnaround Treasure Shop (Swallows Fall, #4)
  • Raising Blaze: Bringing Up an Extraordinary Son in an Ordinary World
Vicki is the award-winning author of 30 novels, 4 nonfiction books and hundreds of articles. She's recognized as an author and as an educator by Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.

Vicki mentors writers through her Writers' Zone program and has for well over a decade.

Currently she's writing faith-affirming thrillers and inspirational romantic suspense. Her latest releases are SURVIVE T

The Reunited Hearts (3 books)
  • Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts, #2)
  • Duplicity (The Reunited Hearts, #3)