Start by marking “Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)

Her Perfect Life

(The Reunited Hearts #1)

Everyone thinks she's dead
While flying a routine border patrol mission over Iraq, air force captain Katie Slater's plane is blown from the sky and hurtles deep into enemy territory. And Katie awakens to hell.

But six years later she comes home
Helped by a compassionate guard, Katie is finally free. But the perfect life she left behind has vanished. Her husband is remarried,
Paperback, Harlequin Signature Select, 268 pages
Published April 2006 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Her Perfect Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Perfect Life

Start your review of Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
Jacqueline J
I thought I already had a review written for this one. Anyway, here goes. I really enjoyed this book. It was very different in that it was the woman who was in the military and was captured and believed dead. She comes home a couple of years later and her family has moved on. She has to deal with her husband being remarried etc. No one was bad in this book, they were just all caught up in a sad situation. I liked how everything ended up. It felt fairly realistic.
Kay
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print
Judy Pflueger
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book a 5 star rating. That was inaccurate; it should be an 8 star rating. I have never read a book about a female POW. Captain Katie Cole Slater was a POW for 6 years. During her captivity she alternated between wanting to die and just getting it over to wanting to get home to her children and husband. She thought her co-pilot and best friend C.D. Quade must have been killed when they had to eject or he would have come back for her. When Katie was rescued and returned to her life she ...more
Jess Candela
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I once again needed a lot of tissues to read this book. So, so much of it made me cry. But then, this book hits me deeply in very personal ways, ones I don't particularly care to share publicly.

Katie's rescue and return to life involved coming to terms with a whole new reality, and none of it was easy. Of course, having C.D. there made all the difference in the world. His being so wealthy just made it easier, but even without money, simply his presence, friendship, understanding, compassion, and
Antigone Walsh
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Katie, a POW for six years, is finally rescued. She returns to a world much different than the one she left. Her husband has remarried and her kids don't recognize her, her mom is suffering from dementia. At least her co-pilot who was injured but evacuated after the incident that lead to her capture is there to offer friendship and maybe more. this is the story of her recovery and her efforts to build a new life.

Kate is a likeable character and the prison scenes are truly compelling. The family
Anna
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Started out great but didn't stick the landing. I loved the fleshing out of Katie and her struggles but instead of keeping the tone of the story as a realistic narrative the author shoves in a bunch of supernatural elements. This utterly destroyed the tone of the work and undercut Katie's recovery. It made her recovery feel unrealistic and fabricated because the two tones were in such contrast. Honestly would have ranked it lower if the first bit hadn't been so engaging.
Marcia
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: discard
Interesting Read

But it got a little too much in describing the tortures she had to go through. To come back literally from the dead to think she had lost everything, she finally saw what she had had all the time was in front of her.
Diana T White
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just one of those books

This is just one of those books I couldn’t not keep reading. I was hooked from the first ten pages. If you want a book to touch you this is it. Katie is a good strong character. You really pull for her to survive
patti zapf
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo

A beautifully written story. Totally captivating I wish I had a dozen more as spellbinding!! Cannot wait to read more by this author!
Nancy Wolfe
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most emotional books that I have read. Pilot Katie Slater and co-pilot CD's plane is shot down in enemy lines. Both are injured, believing that CD is dead Katie tries to get away and find help. She is captured and endures torture, starvation and other inhumane treatment at the hand of the soldiers. The only thing that keeps her alive her family: her husband and 2 children. Being a captive for over 6 years, she has almost given up hope when she is rescued. Believing that she ...more
C.J. Darlington
3 1/2 stars. I went into this book thinking it would be a little more about a soldier's struggles adjusting after being a POW, and a little less straight romance. Probably didn't help I didn't see the new cover or realize it was published by Harlequin. That said, it was a unique story as one doesn't often read about a female POW. Hinze doesn't gloss over the horrors Katie went through, but she doesn't get too graphic either. If you love romance stories, you'll probably love this novel as Katie's ...more
Keatyn's Mommy
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a heart wrenching story with a great ending. -- may contain spoilers --

After 6 years of being thought of as dead but being imprisoned as a P.O.W. Katie is rescued and returns to a family that has moved on with out her. Returning to her life is almost impossible, however with the help of her best friend and co-pilot C.D. she is able to maintain some semblance of normal. As she works through a traumatic homecoming, and living with PTSD which she manages very well Katie is on the verge of an
Bernie
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Perfect Life review

Her Perfect Life is an amazing book written by author Vicki Hinze. After 6 years as an Iraqi POW, a female pilot is rescued. When she returns home, she finds that her family has moved on with their lives because she was declared dead by the military. This is a powerful, heartbreaking, sad, emotional and uplifting story.
Jacqueline
Oh wow, okay, I wasn't expecting a not-fluff story from an Harlequin imprint...guess I was wrong to assume. I looked at the book and put it back on the shelf and went home and then changed my mind and picked it up when I was next at the mall.
Jamie Marfurt
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book and it held my interest, but it was a little unbelievable how perfectly everything worked out in the end (even knowing the title is "Her PERFECT Life"!) I wasn't expecting chicklit/romance, so it was outside my preferred genre, but still a good story overall.
Amanda Kern
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book

I loved the book when it came out years ago. I picked it up on the kindle recently and instill enjoyed it.
Pat
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story! Very thought provoking romantic story of a woman's courage strength and love. Highly recommend. Found this scrolling through my Kindle app. So glad I did!
Alison
Cheryl
Aug 19, 2015
Jul 18, 2015
Missnoname
rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2017
Karen
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Critical Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Mistletoe and Mochas (Holidays and Heroes, #1)
  • Second Sight (Away From Keyboard, #4)
  • Love and Libations (Holidays and Heroes, #2)
  • A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)
  • Eagle (Linear Tactical #2)
  • Angel (Linear Tactical #4)
  • Amanda/Haunting Rachel
  • Imitation and Alchemy (Elemental Legacy #0.5)
  • Shadows and Gold (Elemental Legacy #0.25)
  • Say You Love Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #4)
  • Rivals (Georgina Garrett #2)
  • When She Finds You
  • The Hour Before Dawn
  • Reckless Girl
  • Nasty Business
Vicki is the USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author of nearly 40 novels, 4 nonfiction books and hundreds of articles. She's recognized as an author and as an educator by Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World. For seven years, she was a columnist for Social-In Global Network; before then, a radio-talk show host for Everyday Woman.

The former VP for International Thriller Writers,

The Reunited Hearts (3 books)
  • Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts, #2)
  • Duplicity (The Reunited Hearts, #3)