Start by marking “An Arrow Through the Heart: One Woman's Story of Life, Love, and Surviving a Near-Fatal Heart Attack” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Published April 2nd 2002 by Free Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about An Arrow Through the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Arrow Through the Heart

Deb
Oct 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir, women
This book is exactly what it calls itself, "One woman's story of life, love, and surviving a near-fatal heart attack." She describes in some detail her experience, which was unusually severe, particularly given her youth and strong physical condition.

She survived, obviously, but found her life completely changed by her experience. She needed to learn to accept that she could no longer live the life she had been living, if she wanted to continue to live at all. And, she had to realize that she n
Kate
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club-books
I read this book for my book club. I'm not sure that I would have picked it up on my own. I am delighted to say that I found it inspirational. It does not speak only to those recovering from a heart attack, but to anyone who has experienced or is experiencing loss. It gives insight to recovery of not only the body, but the mind and soul.
Alexis
Apr 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir, non-fiction
I needed this book. I have a feeling I will return to it again and again, much as I do "Sick Girl" by Amy Silverstein.
Ann Couser Kittredge
I just can't get thru this book. Made it to about 150 pages and just can't get into it. Too much detail on her day to day issues, recovery, etc. Just not for me unfortunately.
Donna
Oct 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author's fascinating account of her sudden, near-fatal heart attack at the age of 44...just happens to be my age right now. Scary stuff!
Stephanie Wilson
Lois
Feb 28, 2016
Greg Harrison
May 01, 2016
“Even more important, I needed to follow the advice of the emperor Hadrian, as imagined by Marguerite Yourcenar: "Our great mistake is to try to exact from each person virtues which he does not possess, and to neglect the cultivation of those he has." I needed to learn how to see that though the cashier is sullen, she makes perfect change and that is enough” 0 likes