Start by marking “Ruth and Boaz: Strangers in the Land” as Want to Read:
Ruth and Boaz: Strangers in the Land

Ruth and Boaz: Strangers in the Land

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  205 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
With a cast of over 70 characters and a plot that tugs at the heart, Terry Fivash, author of Joseph, breathes new life into the story of Ruth--singer of songs, faithful friend, and daughter of royalty. But who would have a stranger from a foreign land? This biblical fiction has been carefully done so as to be historically accurate. The author pulls from her masters degree ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Review & Herald Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ruth and Boaz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruth and Boaz

Jennifer Thompson-Thalasinos
I'm so glad I finally read this book! After becoming a widow in the San Bernardino terrorist attack I became very interested in the Book of Ruth. I learned about this author from a friend and of course I needed to read this book first! It's absolutely wonderful. It gives a bigger picture of the history of Naomi and Ruth before they travelled back to Bethlehem. It really fleshed out the family tree and how things worked back then. A great read!
Jackie
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
there are many things i forgot about since i read this for the first time. i enjoyed reading this book alot, but i think it could have been better without the lilith dreams. an excellent book from my favorite author.
Sandy
Feb 12, 2012 added it
I have read every book you have written. I have never loved any book as much as I have all of yours. They are so real and historical correct. Once you begin you are hooked. I am very impatiently waiting for Dahveed 4 to appear.
Leslie
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book, I could hardly put it down. It really deserves a higher rating, but since that isn't possible, I can only say to give it a chance. I will be reading the rest of her books as soon as I can get my hands on them.
Deborah
Jun 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
good story of the life of Ruth. An easy story to follow and gain a picture of life and times of biblical times. The story and characters are also further expounded on the author's new releases: a 6-book series on David, titled "Dahveed". Good read. :)
Megan
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorites
Another winner by Terri Fivash, Boaz and Ruth are portrayed in the standard damsel in distress and knight in shining armor, I literally couldn't put it down.
Jared
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing Terri Fivash book. (I know this one came out before Joseph and Dahveed, but I read them first.) I love any Fivash story, she has a very unique way of bringing stories to life.
Stephanie Frey
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story! Terri Fivash is an amazing author! All of her writings bring the Bible characters to life and show God's infinite love and care for us.
Rachel
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great; could be better organized but follows the Bible considerably well.
Taylor
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
GREAT book
Kendall
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Stacy
Jul 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
While chronologically speaking, this story falls before David, I read this one after I read Dahveed: Yahweh's Chosen. In some ways, it made more sense in that order. I enjoyed this book tremendously.
Morgan Metcalf
Great book that keeps you riveted to the pages. Quite thick, but well worth the time.
Sheena
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ruth's story is one of my favorite Bible stories, and reading this book of Terri's, with so much detail has made it all the more dear.
Brenda
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Not as good as Joseph but still a very enjoyable read
Lille Smith
Sep 21, 2011
Liliya Leona
Mar 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • He Who Lifts the Skies (Genesis, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)
  • The Senator's Other Daughter (Belles of Lordsburg #1)
  • Dark Hour
  • A Convenient Wife
  • The Damascus Way (Acts of Faith, #3)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
  • The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest, #3)
  • The Garden of Ruth
  • Bound to the Warrior
  • Delilah
  • This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Martha
  • Dragons of the Watch (Valley of the Dragons, #3)
  • Short Straw Bride
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
I have never lived more than 30 miles from Lake Michigan. I was born on the east side, grew up on the west side, and now live on the east side again. However, I rarely have time to go there! I attended Andrews University, graduating with a Master's Degree in History in 1986. I am a member of Phi Alpha Theta, the national honors society for History; and a charter member of the Andrews University ch ...more
More about Terri L. Fivash...