Start by marking “The Hard Way Home” as Want to Read:
The Hard Way Home

The Hard Way Home

A coming-of-age romance about love, loss, heartbreak, hope, and the labels that don’t define us.

Star pitcher. Town golden boy. Heartbreaker. Nemesis.

Caleb Winters was a familiar name long before he deigned Landry High with his presence. It took me all of ten seconds to determine he’s everything I’m not: charismatic, captivating, and celebrated.

Unlike most of Landry, he do
Kindle Edition
Published March 18th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Hard Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hard Way Home

Start your review of The Hard Way Home
Tammy -
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Hard Way Home is the second book that I've read by C.W. Farnsworth and she is quickly becoming one of my favorite YA romance authors. This is the story of Lenny and Caleb. Living in a small town, Lenny is somewhat of an outcast due to her family's past while Caleb is the town's golden boy - son of the wealthiest family in town and a star baseball player. Lenny has spent the past 4 years of high school hating Caleb while everyone else loves him, and the hatred seems to be mutual. When these t ...more
Livelyreads
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you find an author who writes best YA/highschool romance? What do you do when you find an author whose books you want to read again and again? What do you do when you find an author whose books characters are so addicting you don't want the book to ever finish ?

You squeal in delight and want to shout to everyone to read her books!!! ❣️❣️
That is what is happening to me. I have read two books from this author and both were amazing with epic chemistry and banter between the char
Georgia_books
Mar 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Unlike most of Landry, he doesn't shy away from my messy background. Or pretend I don't exist . He answers my caustic remarks with choice words of his own. Our notorious bickering aside I don't have time for the town's golden boy. I have actual problems.

I haven't been reading much YA recently but this book reminded me of why I love it.

Lenny is such a great character, she's so complex and withdrawn yet she has every right to be. The girls been through a lot! She's spent years being judged and
MyDogAteMyBookReview
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
enemies to lovers in high-school done right! *chefs kiss*

“You’ve got a colourful vocabulary ....”
“I’d be happy to nail you in the nose and see what sort of pleasantries come out of your mouth”

I LOVED LENNY. She’s a firecracker! She was already over Caleb 10 seconds after meeting him.

Caleb loves to fight with her and those sparks fly. The kind that you know would set the place ablaze if they gave in to the love/hate they have going on .... but they’re both stubborn as mules.

I love that they b
Bernmoll
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love. Very sweet - read it one night! Will read from this author again! Love the trope of enemies turning to new love. I’ve read books like 5is in the past where the story line is so unbelievable where the male character is so incredibly abusive you wonder.. does this girl have such low self esteem that she’d tolerate this crap?
Kelly Brennan
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read of CW Farnsworth and while since I read a YA novel. This book is the perfect example of “ assuming things and not saying how you feel”. I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from her.
Sarah Nguyen
Mar 31, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-high-school
Middle of the road good book. Good characters with a good story. Felt like it needed a longer ending. Typical ya high school romance book.
C.W. Farnsworth
Mar 18, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Hard Way Home is now LIVE and free in Kindle Unlimited!!
Anna
This book was so cute. I loved it!!
Faith
Sam
Mar 18, 2021
Meli
Mar 29, 2021
Young Adult Conte...: The Hard Way Home, by C.W. Farnsworth 1 5 Mar 18, 2021 09:32PM

• Sweet Little Nothing
  • To Have and to Hate
  • Off-Limits (Rixon High, #1)
  • Dare You To Hate Me
  • All the Pretty Lies
  • Off Track
  • The Sin of Kissing You (Falling #2)
  • The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1)
  • Candy Colored Sky
  • Kiss Me First (Blairwood University, #0)
  • Wallflower
  • Beneath the Hood (Sugarlake, #3)
  • Of Course, Cutie
  • Make It Sweet
  • Start a Fire (The Savage Crew, #1)
  • Dear Love, I Hate You
  • Vicious Little Snakes (Hillcrest Prep, #2)
  • Hard Luck (Trophy Boyfriends #4)
C.W. Farnsworth is the author of four novels. She has always been a voracious reader, and grew up devouring books by flashlight under the covers long after she was supposed to be asleep. She primarily writes young adult and new adult romance, her favorite genres to read, often involving sports.

When she’s not reading or writing, her favorite hobbies include running in the rain, cooking elaborate m