Start by marking “The Liminal Space (Antipodes #2)” as Want to Read:
The Liminal Space (Antipodes #2)

The Liminal Space

(Antipodes #2)

What would YOU sacrifice for family?

Content in his new life on Lewis, Cam learns that someone he loves may still be alive. Compelled to embark on a monumental journey, he discovers the true value of family and loyalty in a bleak and challenging world.

The Liminal Space is the second novel in the Antipodes series. This series asks, "If we had the opportunity to start over, w
Kindle Edition, First, 400 pages
Published February 1st 2021 by Ouroborus Book Services

To ask other readers questions about The Liminal Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Liminal Space

Start your review of The Liminal Space (Antipodes #2)
Laura Furuta
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Liminal Space (Antipodes Book 2)
By T.S. Simons
5 out of 5 stars

I loved reading the book The Liminal Space (Antipodes Book 2) by T.S. Simons. It is a story that pulled me in from the beginning and didn’t let me go until the final page. The author does an amazing job of making the storyline and the characters come alive. The book is well-written, and I found myself turning pages to find out what happens next. The story will make you wonder what you would do in the same situation. This is a bo
Jenni Bishop
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Liminal Space (Antipodes #2) by T.S. Simons is a YA, Dystopian post-apocalyptic, story. But it is anything but your typical dystopian tale. This uniquely unpredictable story will hold you on an emotional journey. The story makes you think, if this happened what would I do in the same circumstances? What am I willing to risk? Would I have done it differently?
Ember Daley
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book. Definitely makes you think about how things would be if the world was different. I really enjoyed it, possibly more than the first book. Would recommend reading Antipodes first, would be slightly confusing otherwise read as a stand-alone. 5 stars!!
Roxsanne Lesieur
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cam Mackintosh is back in the second installment of the Antipodes series and he is happily living on Lewis with his family and adapting to the changes within it, he still hasn’t fully recovered from the experiences of going through the tunnels and how his body felt while he did, but he tries not to think about it if he can, but he is more scared by the upcoming change in his life, but as he is listening to his friends advice about the situation, he definitely still feels unprepared. He finds tha ...more
Danielle Dando
Mar 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
So, it took me quite a while to realise that this was the second book in the series, but I should have known really because all the things I found jarring and baffling about it were because of this. Right from the start, I was struck by how I already felt as though I were mid-way through a book, stuff felt like it had been going on for a long time and I had just missed it all. Obviously though, this in no way reflects on the writing, Simon’s does an awesome job and has created an interesting dys ...more
Kerry  carr
Mar 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the second  book in the Antipodes Series and it was just as intriguing as the first book. The characters are well developed and the book is easy to read. The story keeps you hooked all the way through as you follow the journey of the characters as they adapt to their new way of life.

Cam has matured in this book and after hearing that someone he loves could still be alive he sets out to find them. The journey is challenging and makes him question things he knows and thinks about love and
ChocolatePanda
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is even better than Antipodes and now I am hanging for the rest in this series.
Wow. Rollercoaster! I LOVE that this series isn't predictable. It isn't "boy meets girl and overcome all odds." This is real, gritty and amazingly well written. The detail is fantastic - think JK Rowling. You can see what the characters are. I love the descriptions of anxiety. For people who struggle with dark moods the author captures this sensation perfectly, better than any other description I have ever read.

I
Lisa Adey
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the sequel to Antipodes which I just loved, and I have to say I was not disappointed when I finished this book. I was totally drawn in from the very beginning and found it hard to put the book down. Fantastic characters, some of whom I knew from the first book and some who were new. As I said with Antipodes, this was thought provoking, very emotional and again, very well written. I am hoping this isn’t the end and there is more to come.
Francis
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Liminal Space is the second book in T.S. Simons’ exciting Antipodes series. Set in a post-apocalyptic world, with survivors connected by Stargate-esque portals, this series has me totally hooked!
One of the things I particularly like about the series is the opportunity to travel to different parts of the world, which makes it a great lockdown read (if you can cope with the “disease wiping out most of life on Earth” plot at the moment).
In this sequel, Cam has grown and learnt a lot. He is conf
Erica Fish
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Liminal Space is the second book in the Antipodes books. T.S. Simons is a mastermind. His writing style is thought-provoking. In this book, he asks if you could go back and do things over, would you? Would you make the same mistakes or will you make different mistakes? In this book, we are following Cam. He has new information about his family. This story does make you think about your life and those in your life. I highly recommend this book to see how Cam reacts to his news.
Carla
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This second book to Antipodes did not disappoint! T.S. Simmons sure knows how to write. This story goes back to Cam and what all he has continued to go through. Finding out some surprising news and having to make a possible life changing decision will keep you reading. I love dystopian books and Simmons definitely knows how to write them! I cannot wait to read more from Simmons!
Rebecca Hill
Mar 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Liminal Space by T.S. Simons is the second book in the Antipodes Series. I would recommend reading the first book before reading the second one. Some books are what I call fluff reads. This one is definitely not a fluff read. It is thought provoking, touching on several worldly problems within an apocalyptic world. The main character in this story is Cam, Campbell Mackintosh. He is easy to identify with and to understand his emotions and dilemmas. Ultimately this book is a story about love a ...more
LuJac
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Everyone can string words together, but not everyone can do it well. This series is that exception. You can actually see these places, places I have never been to. It doesn't feel like a dystopian world.
It isn't very often you find a unique storyline, those that haven;t been done to death and you can see the ending coming from a mile off. That is what I love about these books, you think you know what is going to happen but it doesn't and you are left reeling with the unpredictability of it. I d
Ashley Denno
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series and loved it. The second was just as fantastic! I sincerely hope T.S. Simmons continues to write more books in this series. It makes you think and makes you feel the emotions the characters are experiencing. Well written and well worth your time to read!
Jonell
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love a good story.The Liminal Space (Antipodes Book 2) by T.S. Simons is that. A terrific story. What could be better than surviving an apocalypse and living under a dome. It's just a good second book in this series. Aside from that, I love how Cam is always reflecting on the then and now. His reflections on what is really important. The stark reality that now is what we have. Although this book is the second in this series it is a good stand-alone story. But reading the first book will enhanc ...more
Jaimee C
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series is all shades of awesome. Entertaining, unpredictable and the most wonderfully written storyline..i feel like I know these characters and can't wait for the third instalment.
Love the physical and metaphorical journeys and the idea of a liminal space. One of the things I really love about this series is how well they are researched yet integrated into the storyline with ease.
Kerry Baker
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Liminal Space by T.S. Simons is the second book in the Antipodes series. For me this is a series that really does need to be read in order so you can fully appreciate what is happening.
I found this book to be just as detailed and well thought out as the first book. I really love how it makes you think about what it is trying to do. It really helps to draw you into the story even more. Even after reading this book I’m really not sure what I would do if I had the chance to do things over. It
Dennis
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book. Absolutely loved it. What if we could start over? I'm not sure if I would or not. Highly recommended read. ...more
Betsy Melano
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Liminal Space by T. S. Simons is the second book in the Antiodes series. I highly recommend you read the first book, you will be glad you took the time. I enjoyed learning how Cam thought about life and how important family is. This post apocalyptic book really makes you consider if your life would be different if you were able to start over. Would your life really change or would you make similar mistakes you made in your current life? I’m not sure I could answer that but it sure makes you ...more
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
The Liminal Space (Antipodes Book 2) by T.S. Simons

The Liminal Space is the second book in the Antipodes Series by T.S. Simons and I absolutely loved it. I would recommend reading the first book in this series if you haven’t already, you’ll have a better understanding of what is going on. It definitely makes you ask yourself if you could start over would you? My answer would be heck no I’ve worked to hard to get where I am. I’ve learned from past mistakes and pushed myself right on past.
Heidi Schoolman
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Antipodes series. This is a young adult/dystopian novel and comes in at just over 400 pages. This story follows Cam as he heads out on a journey and discovers what family really means. I loved that the book is focused on “if we had the opportunity to start over, would we?” And “is our society destined to make the same mistakes?” This book really makes you think about what it would be like to start over and if given the chance, would you make the same choices.
Bobbi Wagner
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series, I enjoyed it just as much as the first. This is a well developed book that will make you question whether or not you would do things over. If we did do things over would we make the same mistakes as the first time? For me I don’t think I would as I would not have the things I do now if I didn’t make mistakes. I enjoyed how easy this book was to read and understandable. I truly enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. If you are given a second chance, wha ...more
Abigail
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Yet another thoughtful work from TS Simons.

Without giving away spoilers, this book follows on from the first and expands in a really well-written way. I was sucked in from the beginning, and love that it was unique and unpredictable. This series really makes the reader think and reconsider what is valuable in their life, but not in a preachy way.
The characters are realistic and detailed, the worlds are so descriptive that I felt like I was there.

Highly recommended for anyone who cares about the
Piper
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Is second by this author which is a YA dystion post apocalitiy world. This is a story about Cam and the journey he goes on as he finds out what family means. I found this book to be just as detailed and well thought out as the first book. I Ioved how important family is to Cam.
Heather Lovelace
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Simons does a fantastic job putting together another story that immediately pulls the reader in. I found the storyline original and thoughtful. The characters are well developed and relatable. You can read this as a stand-alone but it is best appreciated when read in series order. Thoroughly enjoyed this dystopian work and look forward to seeing what Simons does next.
Mike McGregor
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Antipodes and got an ARC copy of the second in the series. This book hooks you in and doesn't let go. Joy. Pain.Tragedy. The reader runs the full gamut of emotion from one chapter to the next. What I love about this author is they don't focus on the world outside, but the people. The characters are wonderfully detailed and so real. This author had better keep writing as these books keep getting better. ...more
Angela
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
3 ½ Stars

The Liminal Space is the second book in the Antipodes series by T.S Simons. It is a YA, post-apocalyptic, dystopian story; with some science fiction elements, drama, and tension.
All in all, an intriguing and thought-provoking read.
Having read the first book, I was curious to see what would happen in this book- so grabbed a copy and dove in. Again, as with he first book, there is quite a lot going on, but I seemed to ‘settle’ into this story easier than the first book- which made for a
Fairlie Pritchard
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Antipodes series didn’t disappoint! The story picks up where it left off, telling the story of Cam and his life under the dome on Lewis. I was excited to read about his further travels to other communities. But I wasn’t prepared for the end - and it had me desperate for more! Once again T.S Simons sucked me in with a well written and super engaging storyline that had me barracking, sobbing, and hoping for the best for our beloved characters. The way the layers are peeled b ...more
Daniela Bucheler-Scott
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is even better than the first book in the Antipodes series. Chapter 20 was superb. Simons writes pain extremely well. Highly recommend!
Ross Wilson
Mar 16, 2021

• Forged by Secrets (Deadly Isles Special Ops, #3)
  • The Sun at Twilight (Empire at Twilight #4)
  • Granted: Curse of the Emerald Jinn
  • Rebecca Remain (Shadow of a Doubt, #1)
  • The Ocean's Light
  • Sons of Sindicato (Sons of Sindicato #0)
  • Red's Tangled Tale (The Untold Stories, #2)
  • Wolf's Beautiful Beast (The Untold Stories, #3)
  • Bound by Secrets (Deadly Isles Special Ops, #2)
  • Hook's Little Mermaid
  • Can Dreams Come True? (The Cecily Taylor Series Book 1)
  • Price of a Rose: A Beauty & Beast Tale (Historical Fantasy Fairytale Retellings Book 2)
  • In Over Her Head: Lights, Camera, Anxiety (The Cecily Taylor Series #2)
  • Killer Blonde
  • In Plain Sight (Broken Bow Book #3)
  • Hell In A Handbasket (Life is Hell #3)
  • Third Time's a Ghost: A Ghostly Paranormal Romance (Haunted Ever After, #3)
  • Where Flowers Bloom
T.S. (Tanya) Simons is an Australian author of Scottish heritage. Living in the alpine region of Australia, she believes in the values of sustainability and community in a world where we place greater value on possessions than people. The Antipodes series addresses the question—if we gave young people the opportunity to start over, would we replicate the mistakes of the past?

She holds Bachelor's a

Antipodes (3 books)
  • Antipodes
  • Ouroboros (Antipodes #3)

News & Interviews

When it comes to the romance genre, second books can be a bit like second dates, can't they? You've had that great initial meet-cute with...