Jump to ratings and reviews

Barrett Boys #3

The Protector

He’s tasked with protecting a celebrity’s daughter, but with a stalker on the loose and a young woman bent on pretending she’s not famous, his job is nearly impossible.

Brody:
This job was supposed to be easy.
Babysit Indigo Shaw while she attends her first semester of college.
How hard can that be?

Sure, I’m not officially trained, and I lied to get the job, but that shouldn’t make a difference. I’ve spent most of my life looking out for my twin brother—I’m pretty well trained.

But no one warned me about how stubbornly independent Indigo can be.
All she wants to do is move to this little college town and pretend to be “normal” like everybody else.

But she’s not normal.
She’s a freaking standout. With those beautiful eyes and her rare smiles, it’s impossible not to watch her every move. And I’m starting to worry that I’m not the only one who’s doing that.

My grandpa always told us to protect the ones we love, but he never taught me how to protect someone I’m falling in love with. It’s weird how the stakes suddenly seem a million times higher.

The Protector is the third standalone book in a thrilling YA romance series. If you like protective bad boys, heart-pounding tension and simmering romance, then you’ll love Jordan Ford’s enthralling novel.

Kindle Edition

Published January 1, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jordan Ford

48 books772 followers
Jordan Ford is a teen and young-adult romance author. She loves to write romance novels filled with angst, mystery, danger and first love. If you're looking for heartfelt romance, loyal friendships, thrilling drama and characters you can fall in love with, then you're in the right place.

“Writing romance brings me the greatest joy. My heart bubbles, my insides zing, and I am at my happiest when immersed in a great scene with characters who have become real to me.”

To stay up-to-date with Jordan's latest news, you can sign up for her newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/JF_book...
You'll also get a free introduction to her Ryder Bay series.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Website: www.jordanfordbooks.com
Email: jordan@jordanfordbooks.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (<1%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 40 reviews
Profile Image for Raquel Costa.
182 reviews23 followers
April 9, 2021
** Arc received in exchange for an honest review **

***4 estrelas***

description

[...]

A atração entre eles é instantânea, mas mesmo eles se sentindo atraído eles não se entregam a atração, Indigo por medo de se machucar e Brody por causa emprego.

O livro sempre fica com um mistério rondando já que a ameaça ainda existe, deixando aquela sensação de que algo vai acontecer, deixando aquele gostinho sempre de quero mais a cada capítulo.

Diferente dos livros anteriores da série eu demorei um pouco para me conectar com os personagens do livro, mas depois do encontro deles e quando eles começam a interagir juntos nos livros a leitura flui mais fácil.

The Protector é um YA que vai te fazer suspirar pelo romance e querer colocar os irmãos Barrets em um potinho. The Protector é um livro que mistura suspense, romance e um pitada de drama, um YA que vai te prender do início ao fim e com certeza vai te deixar querendo mais e mais.

Resenha Completa no Blog
Profile Image for Nana Pickrell.
638 reviews4 followers
November 30, 2022
I can say without a doubt that this is the best series that this author as ever produced. I have fallen in love with each and every Barrett brother throughout the entirety of this series. Jordan knows exactly how to craft these sweet and special stories that makes your heart melt. The Barrett brothers are something special and this series has been such a feel-good series to lose myself in. The one thing I wished we had insight on was the discussion between Indy and her father about the move to Montana. I was privileged enough to receive an advanced reader copy of this book from the author for a voluntary and honest review.
Profile Image for Lola.
1,470 reviews242 followers
April 1, 2021
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

The Protector is the third book in the Barrett Boys series and my favorite one in the series so far. The Protector follows the story of Brody who pretends to be older and a qualified bodyguard so he can get a better job, while Indigo is the daughter of a famous guy while she just wants to be normal. I liked the romance and the slight suspenseful vibe this book had.

While the book had a slightly slow start it was interesting to get a feel for both Brody and Indigo before they met one another. Once Brody accepts the job as Indigo's bodyguard things really start to get good. I think there's something fun about a bodyguard falling for his charge, the forbidden romance vibe and also how it makes sense. Brody and Indigo spend so much time together and I like seeing them grow closer and eventually fall in love.

Both Brody and Indigo are likable characters. It's easy to understand Brody's struggle. He's not qualified for a lot of jobs even though he can do them and he has a hard time getting further in his work. While what he does is wrong falsifying information, I could understand why he made that decision. Then there is Indigo who doesn't want to be in the spotlight, but with a very famous dad she always is in the spotlight. Going off to college is her chance to be normal. She could be a bit naive, but I think that made sense and I liked how she wants to find out who she is without the spotlight on her and learn to handle things herself.

These two were great together. Brody is so sweet. He is this big built guy, but he has such a soft and caring heart. And he does a great job protecting Indigo. And Indigo just wants someone who really sees her for who she is instead of her fame. Brody doesn't care about her fame and he really sees her. I enjoyed seeing them grow closer. I wasn't a big fan of the slight drama later in the book, but I am happy with how they resolved it.

There is a bit of a suspense storyline as well with a stalker who might be after Indigo. It kept me guessing and while I was thinking partly in the right direction there is a great twist at the end. The twist was a big surprise and also made sense as the same time. I like how the suspense part mostly stays on the background, just this low key sense of possible danger. Toward the end it got more suspenseful as this storyline gets resolved.

To summarize: I really enjoyed this book. Brody pretends to be qualified as a bodyguard and gets the job to protect the famous Indigo as she goes to college. They spend a lot of time together pretending to be roommates and they slowly fall in love. I liked both of these characters, they were likable and their actions made sense. I like how tough Brody is, but also how soft and sweet he is. And Indigo who has spend her life in the spotlight and just wants to find out who she is and spend some time away from it all. They made for a great couple too and I liked them together. There is a suspense side plot line as well and I liked how it was mostly on the background, but added a consistent feel of possible danger. The suspense increases toward the end. I liked how this one got wrapped up and I am looking forward to Jake's book next.
Profile Image for Brinley.
939 reviews67 followers
March 25, 2021
This series is quickly becoming one of my favorites. They're all just so happy! I love how they all tie in with each other, and how strong the family aspect is. Somehow, even though this series will incorporate tropes I hate (insta-love, the male "protector", etc.) I still love these.

Like I said, this was kind of insta-lovey. It didn't throw me off though. Normally, I hate insta-love because of the "instant connection" and the thousand descriptions of how hot/beautiful each person is. This book stayed away from both of these, which I really appreciated.

I also really enjoyed the relationship between Indigo and Brody! Their banter was so much fun to read, I was laughing almost constantly. Especially at the discussion in which Brody revealed he was a reader... That was the hardest I've laughed in quite a while

My favorite thing about these has to be watching the Barret boys reconnect at the ranch. It's what I look for in every one of these. They're such a strong family, and I've their interactions. I can't wait for the next books when we see them all reunite!

Even after three books, I'm still not tired of this series or these characters. Considering there's still two more brothers, I'm looking forward to seeing how the story connects.

Thanks to Jordan Ford for providing a free copy in exchange for an honest review!
Profile Image for Vedika Sheth.
538 reviews3 followers
April 3, 2021
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐

This story was incredible. I am enjoying this series so much. Each book has so much going on. Each book has a spectacular ending which always ends the book with a bang. The relationships between all the characters are so defined. Every relationship feels real because of how well they were written. Anyways, this book blew my mind. I look forwards to Cooper and Jake’s stories.

The characters are Indigo and Brody. We’ve heard a bit about Brody in past books and this book builds upon that while adding layers to his character. His character grows when he’s with Indigo. He’s already a great person but by finding love, he has someone to rely on. Indigo is a great person and isn’t what you’d expect a rich daddy’s girl to be like. She’s insecure but finds security with Brody. I loved all the side characters as well. Jake, Brody’s brother, was interesting and I liked how the author gave a bit of information about who the hero and heroine would be in the next story. I loved trying to figure out who the villain was. I would say while I did kind of suspect who it was, I didn’t expect anything of how it went done.

The story was incredibly written. Every single moment led up to the grand finale. I was completely absorbed in this book and I didn’t realize how the time flew by. The writing style was captivating and gripped my attention. All the characters had complete backgrounds. I didn’t spot any grammar mistakes. The whole story, plot, characters, you could see that they had been worked upon. I loved this story. I liked how the author added the other characters from past books. It was a beautiful story.

Brody lies to get a job after he loses his job when he kicks out the boss’s owner from a club. He’s supposed to protect Indigo Shaw, the daughter of a movie producer. There have been threatening letters addressed to either Indigo or her father’s girlfriend’s daughter. Indigo wants to go to a small-town college and live a normal life for at least a little bit. Her father freaks out when these letters come, and hires a bodyguard, Brody, to take care of her while she is there.

THIS STORY IS WORTH READING!

I received a review copy and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Kahea.
2,002 reviews102 followers
***4.5 Stars***

I must say, this author really does know how to make you want to get your hands on the next book in the series. As this is the first series/books I’ve ever read by her, I’m not sure if this is her norm, but man...that tease at the end of The Fighter had me making grabby hands at this baby and I wasn’t disappointed. I was hooked from the start and definitely experienced all the feels as I turned the pages and, yes, that ending has me needing/wanting/making grabby hands at the next book in the series.

But until then...Brody and Indigo aka Indy.

I adored Brody. Talk about being a good guy. Charming, a little quirky and sweet. After all he’s been through, Brody is still has this light to him that draws you in and makes you want to know more. Indigo is sweet, snarky, determined/stubborn and has walls around her a mile high, not that I blamed her. While she lives a privileged life, and knows it, she just wants to live a life outside of the spotlight and find people who cared more about who she was on the inside and not who her parents were and I really liked how she started to find out who she really was as the story progressed.

Brody and Indigo’s journey was a fun one. They were thrown together under the craziest circumstances and have no choice but to be in each other's lives day in and day out, but through it they forged a relationship that was solid and then turned into more. The huge roadblock in their journey was definitely a doozy, but I really liked how everything turned out for them in the end.

As for the whole stalker issue. I can honestly say, I didn’t see that one coming and yet it made absolute sense when everything unravelled. And boy do things unravel.

This was another great addition to the series. There are certain things that I would have liked a little more on in the end, but I cannot say that I’m good with how things were left at the end of the book for Brody and Indigo. I loved Azim and Loretta and I do hope that we get to catch up with Tabatha at some point, but I am definitely looking forward to finding out what is going on with Jake!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Profile Image for Terry.
1,088 reviews
March 28, 2021
4 Stars for this college romance!

I just loved Brody! And who wouldn't love a natural protector with a big heart ... no, who? It just seems that Brody has done a lot for a 19-year-old. Then there's Indy ... she's a princess who doesn't want to be a princess, but she doesn't know how to do anything ... I was laughing out loud when she was trying to make her bed. I really like how in this book we also got a bit of Jake, Brody's twin ... and we know he's gonna have a great story. Unlike the other brothers, he doesn't want anything to do with any of them .,, only Brody.

Brody is the youngest Barrett brother and he's the biggest. His grandpa always told him that the big people had to protect the little people ... and that is what is has done. So, when he gets a bodyguard job protecting a movie producer's daughter ... his protective side comes out in full force. All Indy wants is to be normal. She doesn't want the paparazzi following her or her life being broadcast over the media. She chooses a small University to study veterinarian medicine, doesn't use her last name and wears a disguise so that she won't be recognized. Now all she has to do is convince the mountain of a bodyguard she has, to pretend to be a friend and help her blend in. Will they be able to deny the growing attraction between them?

I received an early copy courtesy of the author in exchange for a honest review.
820 reviews5 followers
March 30, 2021
I am absolutely hooked on the Barrett Boys. This is Brody's story, the third Barrett boy and the protector of the family. He may not be the oldest, but being the biggest meant he was destined for a life of looking out for those smaller than him. So when he takes an opportunity to become the bodyguard for a celebrity's daughter, it's right where he knows he belongs. There was a really nice chemistry that developed between Indigo and Brody, he may be big on the outside, but was definitely soft and squishy on the inside, some of his quirks including his love of romance novels had me laughing at how adorable he was.

Just to keep things interesting there was a great mystery along the way, involving a stalker and this kept me thoroughly entertained while trying to guess who it was the whole way through, I love how it played out, even if I was biting my nails and on the edge of my seat the whole time and wanting everyone to come out unscathed.

My favorite part in each story is getting to see each brother slowly get reunited back at the ranch, I can't wait for the final full family reunion, I'm already smiling just thinking about it. These Barrett Boys are something special indeed. I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC and this is my honest review.
2,205 reviews4 followers
March 31, 2021
Indigo Shaw just wants to have a normal life. She wants to go to college, and ultimately become a veterinarian. Unfortunately her father is a big time Hollywood producer. Oh, and there is the small matter of the letters threatening her life. Brody is desperate to find a job. When his previous employer offers him a chance for and easy gig, he jumps at it. Of course there is the little problem of his qualifications, but he is offered a way to overcome that little set back, too. Sure he can babysit some, famous guys daughter, piece of cake. It can't be any harder than looking after his twin brother. Right?
Absolutely wonderful, well written, and realistic characters. I adored Indy and Brody. Indy just wants to break free of the unwanted attention of being the daughter of famous parents, and Brody is looking for a way to make a decent living. They weren't looking for love. I thought all the characters were authentic, and engaging. Wow! Fantastic! This book has suspense, and some exciting action. There are unexpected, and even shocking twists in the plot that kept me glued to the pages. I loved this book.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Profile Image for Lexee Toste.
1,938 reviews13 followers
March 30, 2021
I absolutely loved this story!!!! I loved getting to see these two build a relationship as they go from strangers to friends to more. It is easy to stereotype both Brody and Indigo but neither are who they appear to be at first. Indigo doesn't want to be the famous, spoiled, rich girl. She wants to try and be normal and she sees college as her opportunity to do so. She has had to fight to get into her small college and now a threatening letter has her fighting to go again. Brody is her way of making that happen. She needs a bodyguard 24/7 in order for her dad to let her go. Brody has not had things easy and he gets screwed at his last job being a bouncer as he does the right thing but it's the club owner's son so he gets fired. He knows he can do the job but needs to catch a break and so he goes along with adding a few years to his age and getting the right certifications needed for it. Indigo and Brody have to figure out how to get along and let down the walls that they have built up. I loved getting to see their interactions as they build their relationship into something real. This story is really well written and had me pulled in from beginning to end! I can't wait for the next Barrett Boys book!
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Profile Image for Sierra.
345 reviews
April 1, 2021
Brody is my favorite Barrett Boy yet (although I think I say that with each release because they just keep getting better & better).

I love Brody. I love Indy. I love the hot-protector-body guard-saves-the-“rich”-girl vibes, the suspense, the supporting characters. I thought it was executed beautifully & literally loved everything about it. I literally want more & don’t think I can ever get over these boys!

My only complaint is Indy’s favorite philanthropist being Bill Gates of all people. *gag* & what happened to Percy?
Profile Image for Amanda Lyons.
96 reviews3 followers
April 3, 2021
This book was so good! The Protector follows Brody after he gets fired from his job as a club bouncer. I was so mad when this happened to him, but honestly that club doesn't deserve him. He then takes on a job to protect Indigo as she heads off to college. I really enjoyed watching these two characters develop throughout the book. They have so many great moments throughout the book. I also like all the ranch flashbacks we get as each Barrett boy deals with their feelings on the past. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jake (Brody's twin) views what happened and how he feels about everything!
Profile Image for Nati.
1,973 reviews10 followers
April 8, 2021
Indigo only wants to have a normal life, away from the press and her famous and rich family. She has all planned. But when a thread arrives she is stuck with a bodyguard while away to college. Brady need this job but as time pass Indigo feels less as a job and more as someone important to him. Can he keep her safe if they fall in love? A great addition to the Barrett Boy’s series.
Profile Image for Jennifer G.
2,261 reviews39 followers
April 4, 2021
Grandpa always told him he was born big for a reason. The big look after the smaller. His purpose is to keep others safe. Now his job is too. Brody may have gotten his new job protecting a celebrity's daughter by deception but he knows he's up to the job. No one is even sure Indigo Shaw is in true danger. Indigo, herself, is certain no one is interested in her and she has big plans for a 'normal' life. Soon Brody finds himself pretending to be her classmate, her roommate, her friend, and the only danger seems to be to his heart. How can he remain professional and not fall in love with this beautiful, intelligent woman?

I loved these two. Brody was so relatable. He's a really good guy who desperately needs a break. So he made one for himself. He broke the rules but it was so understandable. Indigo at first glance was not as relatable. Not many of us have famous, fabulously rich fathers. However, we can all understand wanting to live life on our own terms, so my heart went out to Indy. She was so cute when she first got out on her own. Lost and scared. This is when I first fell for Brody. He could have ridiculed her for her domestic helplessness, mocked her for her lack of social skills. Instead, he protected her, taught her, empowered her, and later she returned each action. They were a perfect balance.

The suspense and the unknown danger were written nicely. I figured out pieces of the puzzle but missed the final piece until the reveal. I love that it wasn't obvious. My only complaint was Indigo's dad's girlfriend. I thought she needed to go. She just never sat right with me. I don't trust her orparticulary like her. I like the brie glimpse we got to see into the ranch dynamics. I really hope Indy finds a way to go back to school, still be with Brody, and not keep him from his brothers. These brothers need each other but if she follows through with her degree, she could have a skillset which would make her invaluable to the ranch. Hopefully, there's a school within driving distance. Looks like we have another rescue coming up, then a search for the final Barrett Boy. Looking forward to it!

April 6, 2021
If I could rate this with more stars, I would.

I am thoroughly enjoying this series and cannot wait for more. The thing I love the most about it, is that each book feels so different to the previous one and it doesn’t rely on past characters to make an appearance to keep the reader interested.

Jordan Ford has the ability of writing believable/relatable characters. She doesn’t stretch reality too for and I feel like I am reading about friends or people I know.

This book was my favourite of the three (well 4 including the novella). I am usually a reader who can pick the ending relatively quickly into a story and it takes some amazing writing to keep me guessing. And boy did she keep me guessing in this one...

Brody is the Bigger, younger twin of the Barrett Boys. Brought up with his grandfather’s encouragement that he was built to be a protector and to use his size to look after those who couldn’t look after themselves.

Indigo is the daughter of a very rich, very successful Movie Producer. She hates the limelight and wants to be an ordinary girl with dreams of becoming a vet. When a threat comes in, he father is forced to hire protection for her.

Indigo is less than happy, as she wants to remain anonymous, but agrees as Brody can pass as a college student.

And so begins the journey.

Filled with suspense, drama, a lot of twists and turns and a little romance, Jordan Ford has written what I can no doubtedly say, my favourite book of the year so far. This is definitely a series I will be purchasing paperbacks of, adding to my already huge collection.

This is a HIGHLY recommended book and series and can’t wait to explore more.

- an ARC was received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Cathy.
597 reviews12 followers
April 8, 2021
To say that this book was amazing from beginning to end wouldn't do it any justice. The Protector was beyond amazing and kept giving me crazy happy vibes. I enjoyed every minute of it and didn't want to put it down or for it to end. I seriously cannot wait for the next book in this series.

Brody was down on his luck in the beginning but some how managed into a really great job, of protecting Indigo while she went to school and tried to lead a normal life. I enjoyed that there was no insta love, they took the time getting to know each other, to learn from one another and grow together. Their bond grew stronger every day.

Indigo was supposed to just be a job to Brody but their connection was really undeniable. I loved reading about their growing feelings and their experiences together. There was a lot of story being told and quite the twist at the end that I don't want to give away because even I was surprised. For a minute my mind went a completely different way but I love how they kept you guessing.

The story was entertaining, thrilling, exciting, enjoyable and really kept you in their world following all their movements and nuances. Again don't want to give too too much away but these books are about the Barrett boys and them finding one another again. When the reunion happens at the end, it was just beautiful and even I shed a tear with them. I'm still thinking about it.

I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book because if the preview was anything like the rest of the book it's going to be one crazy ride that I can't wait to jump on.

Love this book, love this series, can't wait to see what happens next and for all the Barrett boys to finally reunite with one another. Read them, it's definitely worth your time.
Profile Image for thebookishren.
1,251 reviews95 followers
April 2, 2021

I swear, with each new Barrett boy we meet I keep thinking, "these stories can't possibly get any better," and yet I just finished book 3 and I can safely say that YES, these stories can get better.

This time we meet Brody. The youngest of the five brothers (and the baby twin to Jake), he's also the biggest. Y'all, I don't want to spoil anything but his hobbies and soft, gooey center had me giggling along with Indigo.

Sweet, naive, desperate Indigo Shaw. Daughter to a producer and actress, all she wants is to be normal. She cracked me up learning how to do basic things around the house and I absolutely loved how open and honest she was. The Relationship with Brody was STRICTLY YA, but I loved every second of it.

The plot was thrilling from the threatening letters to the suspicious friends. Sometimes it seemed obvious while other times it had me questioning things.

This was a sweet little romance and I LOVED that were now up to 3 (technically 4) brothers reunited and I can't wait for Jake's story next!

Profile Image for Lindsy.
483 reviews9 followers
April 10, 2021
The Protector is one of those stories that just needs more than 5 stars. The Protector is and was a 10/10 for me. I laughed. I cried. I was creeped out. I rooted for the main characters. I didn’t want to put it down.
Brody is another Barrett boy that definitely did not have his life together after everyone split up.
He went through a few jobs before being hired into alpha security; one wrong move though cost him that job also.
Indigo Shaw the daughter of a famous movie producer decides she wants to go to college in a small town away from her dad. A creepy letter was sent to the house so now she needs a bodyguard to watch out for her while at college.
I loved the chemistry between these two and how quickly they became comfortable together. Indy handled this really well in my opinion considering they also had to share an apartment.
Indy meets some new friends and honestly I was creeped out by a couple of them from the beginning. This story goes from 0 to 60 real quick. I felt that the beginning was moving a little slowly but it was just the quiet before the storm. What a twist! Gut wrenching; nerve wrecking; down right scary to think about. I COULD NOT imagine being in that situation and not passing out or something.
This story definitely became a tearjerker though but I LOVE how much these brothers love each other and the women/kids coming into their lives!
Profile Image for Gladys.
10.4k reviews106 followers
April 4, 2021
I really enjoyed Brody and Indigo. These characters were easy to like and feel for. The strength of their attraction is obvious and the sparks of their chemistry just fly everywhere. The storyline was fun but had a great level of heart to it and that is always a big plus in my personal opinion. Suspense, tension and drama are added to the mix while I thought the suspense and tension were excellent, I have to say the drama didn't enthuse me, and I wasn't a big fan of Brody's deception. Sure, I could totally get why he did it and even not be mad at him over it. But let's face it, we all know this could could have led to a very bad and tragic ending, at least in real life. I am electing to post a objective review.
Profile Image for Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart.
1,818 reviews16 followers
April 5, 2021
I have to say this one is my favourite in this series. Brody and Indigo were a great couple, but their relationship is based on lies which could blow up in their faces. Brody is employed as her bodyguard at college due to threatening letters. There's a stalker, is he real or just a hoax? The author unravelled this mystery brilliantly, a red herring had me thinking otherwise then just when I thought I had worked it out there was a great twist. Nope, I really didn't see that coming. As always, I love the ending of these stories where we see the other characters coming together.
Just wonderful, a great story and characters that we want to love.
Profile Image for Sophie Koufes.
1,915 reviews23 followers
April 7, 2021
The Protector (Barrette Boys #3) is absolutely fabulous. I absolutely loved reading Brody's story. I'm addicted to the Barrett Boys and cannot wait to read the next book in this intriguing series. I can't say I have a favourite as I absolutely love everything this author writes. Characters are loveable and fun to get to know. Brody and Indigo are a cute couple with cutesy banter that keeps you smiling and laughing. The plot is reviting and unfolds seamlessly. A blend of romance, suspense and family. I highly recommend reading this series and everything this highly talented author writes. I cannot wait to read more...
Profile Image for Rachael.
386 reviews
April 11, 2021
Flew through this book! Wow, amazing

The Barrett Boys series is fabulous. Each of the boys have distinctive personalities and the stories are fantastic.

I loved Brody, with his big heart and wild sense of humor. He is a great bodyguard for Indy, and soon falls for her.

Indy is unique and has everything she could possibly want, except her independence. When a stalker starts sending threatening notes to her she needs a bodyguard.

The story moves fast and soon I couldn’t flip pages fast enough.
Can’t wait for the next story.....
Profile Image for Katja.
377 reviews
April 8, 2021
This is Michael's and Deek's lil brother Brody's story. Brody takes a job as a bodyguard and his job is to keep Indigo Shaw safe. She just wants to be normal and not famous because of her dad. I really liked both of them. Brody's memories about grandpa were so great to read. I felt that I got to know him even better this way. Also we got to see Brody's relationship with his twin brother Jake and can't wait to read his story.

An ARC was provided in exhange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Kelly Mccurdy.
818 reviews15 followers
April 9, 2021
This book has everything I hoped it would have! This is book 3 of the Barrett boys series and it is getting better and better. The chemistry is off the charts between Brody and Indy. Jordan has out done her self with this book. Twists that I didn’t see coming and that ending!!! You have to read it!!!
Profile Image for Kendall Copeland.
64 reviews19 followers
April 10, 2021
I finished this book in one day it was so amazing!! The characters are awesome, and I love the way that neither of them are perfect, but they are perfect for each other. His life experiences to her desire to explore the world is a perfect match.
Profile Image for Bella.
693 reviews31 followers
April 11, 2021
I just adore this series! Absolutely sensational writing, the most unbelievably compelling storyline, and fabulous characters you can't help but fall in love with (or respond to with a passionate loathing!) Can not wait to see what happens next!
Profile Image for Rachael.
762 reviews3 followers
April 7, 2021
The Protector is my favorite of the Barrett Boys series. Brody is the best! I love that all of the brothers reflect on their time with Grandpa Ray and show the big impact that he had on their lives. I look forward to Jake's story next.
Profile Image for gbrs.
14 reviews4 followers
May 15, 2021
Well, I love Jordan Ford and pretty much anything she writes is amazing! This book was no exception. The thrilling mystery entangled with sweet romance was such a good read! I can’t wait for Jake’s story!!!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 40 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.