Start by marking “Limelight (Vino & Veritas, #15)” as Want to Read:
Limelight (Vino & Veritas, #15)

Limelight

(Vino & Veritas #15)

Save the bees, ride a rock star.

Formerly famous . . . and planning to keep it that way.

After my band kicked me out, I ran away to Vermont, changed my name, and kept my head down. So far, it’s working and nobody knows who I am. Or who I was. Until I see geeky poet Caleb stumbling through his first open mic night and I can’t help rescuing him. He’s as sweet as the honey my b
Published August 10th 2021 by World of True North

To ask other readers questions about Limelight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Limelight

Start your review of Limelight (Vino & Veritas, #15)
Renae Reads
Jul 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
*** I received an eArc from Heart Eyes Press in exchange for an honest review***

This was another solid addition to Vino & Veritas that features an adorably sweet couple: Tag and Caleb. This story perfectly depicts an opposite that attracts romance. Tag is a former member of a famous band and has successfully transitioned to a different life in Vermont, while Caleb is a shy and geeky accountant with a hidden poetic side. I love how Tag and Caleb meet at an open mic night at V&V, with a moment of
Cadiva
Jul 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5*

This is another solid entry in the Vino & Veritas series and it's as sweet as the mead that Tag makes.

That's also one of the reasons why it didn't become a 4* read.

There's very little tension, in spite of the secret Tag is keeping, so the narrative felt like it was all running along at the same pace.

The other reason is the timescale they fall in love. I know people do meet and have whirlwind romances, but even so, this is fast.

There is a connection between them which is more than just sexu
NicoleR.M.M.
3,5⭐️

This is the first book I read by this author, and their writing worked just fine for me. Enough for me to be checking out more!
And even though the story was sweet and well written, and it definitely had the Vino&Veritas vibe that I enjoy so much about this series, it wasn't quite the winner I thought it would be after I read a few chapters, and that feeling usually bums me.

There were several things actually that made me rate this book 3,5 stars.
As to the things that worked for me: the wri
Fernanda Parente
Jul 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I never read a book from E. Davies that I didn't like and it was the same with Limelight
I loved this book and Caleb and Tag are amazing together. More than hot steamy sex this book is all about love and trust...and a dog and bees

I really recommend this book

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Caleb + Tag

Tag moved, or rather escaped to Vermont four years ago. He's now a pretty happy honey and mead maker. He's lonely, but he has his dog to keep him company.

Tag is born and raised Vermonter. He's an accountant and the youngest of four brothers.
He also dreams of being a professional poet - whatever that might mean.

Insta attraction for both our boys.
But of course it couldn't be as easy as that, right?
There might be some drama in the way of our happily ever after ...

LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN!
ItaPixie
Aug 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Limelight was a sweet, fluffy, quick and easy read.

Caleb is an accountant with the dream of writing poetry. Tag ran away from his old life and started to make mead in Burligton. They meets at the open mic night at Vino and Veritas when Caleb reading his poems catch Tag's attention. They become inseparable from day one, but will Tag secret past ruin their relationship?

I've enjoyed to read Caleb and Tag's journey. I liked how Tag is always there for Caleb, supporting and cheering for him to becom

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Caleb + Tag

He also dreams of being a professional poet - whatever that might mean.

Insta attraction for both our boys.
But of course it couldn't be as easy as that, right?
There might be some drama in the way of our happily ever after ...

LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN!
Jacquie Stewart
Jul 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well that was adorable. I found myself smiling a lot.
Told in dual pov, Tag and Caleb have a great connection, my only concern being the timeline. Everything, aside from the epilogue, happens in the space of 2 weeks. So it's very insta-love, not a personal favourite of mine, but they were cute and I did enjoy it.
Works as a standalone
Denise H.
Reciting poetry in front of an audience - petrifying, and then, he's there, giving strength.
Their first night of talking feels like a terrific date. After the long conversation, a lunch date is set.
Tag, 29, owns a bee farm and "meadery."

He's tall, with dark eyes, a close beard, is strong and hunky, a handsome man. He's been in Vermont 4 years and is living his new life away from the limelight.
Caleb, 26, happy and bubbly, has golden curls,

scruff, and is a poet, a virgin and an accountant, fr
Gustaf
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pure fluff with some great heat and I was so there for it. Especially after the stressful week I've had. I very much enjoyed being on this journey with Tag and Caleb, even though it was an extreme insta-love story. E. Davies does fluff so very well. ...more
alyssa
[2.5] let me preface this review by saying i genuinely enjoyed this author's writing style--it's expressive and flows and draws you in, no doubt about it. i will certainly be checking out their other stuff! the plot developments here, on the other hand.... let me jump right into it 😬

i'll give them their meet-cute because it was positively adorable (especially as someone with stage fright herself), but two major factors, which basically make up the meat of the story lol, tanked the experience for
abi
Aug 13, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqiap
NOPE.
I guess I'm in the minority here, but this was not a good read and so far is the worst book in the series.

The majority of this takes place over a week. Everything bar the final chapter/epilogue takes place over two weeks.

This story is honestly the definition of instalove. After three days of knowing each other, Tag is half hoping for a love confession from Caleb and wants to make him his boyfriend. After six days, they basically do confess their love to each other and I think this is when C
Jessica Alcazar
I binge-read the last five books of the Vino & Veritas series and although they weren’t all 5 star reads for me, it was a heck of an epic binge all around!

You guys … I really enjoyed this story, until I didn’t. *sigh* I love the choice the author made for their meet-cute, it fit them both perfectly. However, the conflict, that didn’t fit them so well. They’d only known each other a short period of time when *secrets* are revealed so the level of drama over said secrets felt way over the top and
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog

Limelight is book 15 in the Vino and Veritas series, a multi-author collection that is a spin-off from Sarina Bowen's True North World. Limelight was another great sampler of a ‘new to me’ author, and I can already hear my TBR list groaning with yet another author’s backlist to add to it!
Limelight is a relaxing, easy read. It's light, a little bit fluffy in the best of ways, and relatively angst or drama free. There is, of course, one section of angsty drama, but we readers knew what this was go
Sabrina
Jul 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was adorkable. I loved this story and I loved our main characters, Caleb and Tag. Both were adorable and dorky, especially Caleb. You can't help but love them the moment their story starts. Tag has spent the last four years starting a new life under a new name. He was once part of very famous band but after the band kicked him out, he just wanted a new life. He doesn't miss the old famous one and he loves what he does in Vermont. The only thing he is missing is someone to share it with ...more
Jules
Jul 31, 2021 rated it it was ok
2 stars

Honestly, this one was just sweet. The sweet virgin wanting to be loved for who he is among the family pressure. The sweet mead maker with a famous past only wanting to be left alone.
And when they meet, boom, epic love instantly. Dates every day, and the entire book basically takes places in 2 weeks, from meeting to love to break up to reunion. And that was a bit much for my taste.

Also, really the only problem is Tag's past being a secret. Which then is revealed and it being a secret ke
C'estMartien
Tangreda
Aug 17, 2021 rated it it was ok
There is just nothing really happening in this book. No real story, no real characterizations, just insta love, one obligatory conflict with a lot of silly dillidallying and a very flat resolution. More tell than show.
Kirsten
Aug 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: skimmed
I hate instalove.
Sickly sweeter than honey.
Uneven series.
J
Aug 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Didn’t feel the connection
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
;

ARC received for an honest review

You had me at 'former' rock star

Oh man, how much did I love this installment in the Vino and Veritas series?

That's right, as much as Mark Darcy likes Bridget Jones (side note, Colin Firth 😍😍)

Add in a pupper and. I. Hooked.

Tag and Caleb have that insta connection that you know is going to be more very soon.

I adore Caleb's adorkableness, and I had a smile on my face nearly all the time he is on the page.

I didn't come at the drama and why Caleb went o
Ruthie Taylor
Aug 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fifteenth book in this multi-author series based in Sarina Bowen's True North world. I have read many of them, and really enjoy catching up with old friends, and reading about new loves.

This is a very sweet and sexy read, which is a lovely easy read. Unbeknown to the people of Burlington, Tag, the new mead maker in town, is in fact a one time rock superstar. He likes his anonymity and freedom to lead a quiet
Jen
Oct 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Note: An ARC was provided by Heart Eyes Press.

Limelight is the fifteenth book in the Vino and Veritas series, and it's penned by E. Davies, whose work I've enjoyed in the past. For this multi-authored series, Davies offers up the story of a former rock star turned winemaker and an aspiring poet working as an accountant. The chemistry between Tag and Caleb is one the two felt was worth exploring, but Tag's secret complicates things between them. I thought that the pairing was interesting and a go
Palvi~
Dec 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-novels
It was a story that showed a second chance for a rock star and the finding of his own fairy tale for a poet.
It t's pretty much love at first sight, as they dated for like a week and they were already aware of their feelings before there's that little drama that we were all expecting there to be.
It was a sweet story to read.
Tanya
Aug 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ed can't write anything bad. This story is just such an Ed book that adding True North to that left a book wringing out all the emotions you could ever feel. ...more
Leslie
Jul 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vino-and-veritas
Super adorable rock star-in-hiding romance with a cutie pie partner. Loved the poetry. Loved the way they treated each other. Loved the book.
Cody James
Oct 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Vino and Veritas #15
When I started this I was for sure this was going to be a five star read. While this wasn’t bad by any means, I just did not feel the connection to this as I thought I would. Mainly, I found myself thinking “this would never happen in real life”. Tag is a rockstar turned beekeeper living a completely solitary life in Vermont and no one…recognizes him? At all? It just seems odd that no one in the town knows he was a chart topping musician. Caleb is cute, an accountant by day-
Krista
Sep 16, 2021 added it
This was cute and sweet, but didn’t keep my attention. Got to about 70% and skimmed to the end. The plot device used here- the misunderstanding that causes a separation- is a personal pet peeve; i found this so contrived and immature. Seriously, they’re both adults - why can’t they put on their grownup panties and have a conversation. Not my cuppa tea.
Joseph
Sep 16, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall, boring. Too insta for me and Caleb was just a mess. Not my cuppa.
Amber
Sep 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

I loved Tag and Caleb. And Queenie is a precious puppy. I do believe this is the first book that I've read where the main character makes mead. I had no idea that it was made from honey. Now I need to find someone who makes it so I can try it. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Limelight by E. Davies - 3.5 stars 1 6 Oct 30, 2021 11:51AM

• Stargazer (Speakeasy Taproom #8)
  • Hope on the Rocks (Rainbow Cove #4)
  • Homecoming (Speakeasy Taproom #3)
  • Friendly Fire (Never Just Friends, #4)
  • Wildflower (Speakeasy Taproom #5)
  • Touchstone (Speakeasy Taproom #1)
  • Encore (Famous, #4)
  • Sideways (Speakeasy Taproom, #4)
  • Starlight (Speakeasy Taproom #7)
  • Hijacked (Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory #1)
  • Firefly Lane (Briar County, #1)
  • Forever Wilde in Aster Valley (Forever Wilde, #9)
  • Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA #1)
  • Puck Drills & Quick Thrills (CU Hockey, #5)
  • Drilled (Four Bears Construction #7)
  • Pick Me (Sunday Brothers, #1)
  • Safeguard (Speakeasy Taproom #9)
  • Doubletalk (Busy Bean, #6)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
E. Davies grew up moving constantly, which taught him what people have in common, the ways relationships are formed, and the dangers of “miscellaneous” boxes. As a young gay author, Ed prefers to tell feel-good stories that are brimming with hope.

He writes full-time, goes on long nature walks, tries to fill his passport, drinks piña coladas on the beach, flees from cute guys, coos over fuzzy anim

Vino & Veritas (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Undercover (Vino & Veritas, #4)
  • Aftermath (Vino & Veritas, #5)
  • Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)
  • Flipcup (Vino & Veritas, #7)
  • Hideaway (Vino & Veritas, #8)
  • Turnabout (Vino & Veritas, #9)
  • Unguarded (Vino & Veritas #10)

News & Interviews

Hanya Yanagihara’s latest novel is actually three tales of New York.   In To Paradise, the highly acclaimed author of A Little Life and The...