Start by marking “Halftime (Moo U #7)” as Want to Read:
Halftime (Moo U #7)

Halftime

(Moo U #7)

There’s no halftime in hockey, but maybe there’s one in love…

Drunk dialing your girlfriend to tell her that you didn’t really cheat is a bad idea--a lesson Seb Hunter learned the hard way. It was no surprise when she cut him completely out of her life. Now he’s finally moved on, and he’s looking forward to sophomore year at Moo U. Until his ex arrives on campus.

For goalie
Published April 26th 2021 by Heart Eyes Press (first published April 22nd 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Halftime, please sign up.
Kim Findlay I'm working on his story now! I have a short story about Penny, which takes place on the Christmas between Halftime and the epilogue, which will be pu…moreI'm working on his story now! I have a short story about Penny, which takes place on the Christmas between Halftime and the epilogue, which will be published in an anthology at the end of 2020, and hopefully Cooper will be out in the world in 2021(less)

Start your review of Halftime (Moo U #7)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

Book #6 in the Moo U series.

Faith + Seb.

A year ago - after he drunk-dialed her one night confessing to having cheated - she ended their long distance realtionship. He was already in college, she had another year of highschool left. They thought they could do it - after having been together for two years. But nope.
Now Faith is at college too.
What will happen when she finds out what really happened?

LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN!

══════════════════

description

This second-chance love story was really adorable.
I'm
ItaPixie
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Sebastien Hunter is a hockey player at the Moo U, he didn't expect to see his ex girlfriend on the same ice during the freshmen workout. Faith Devereaux is a goalie for the Moo U women team, she’s just arrived and she really wished to not meet her cheating ex boyfriend but that was inevitable because they share the same facility.
Will this be the begin of an awful year or will they try to be mature and to talk things out?

I liked this second chance at love story, even if I was skeptic the hero c

✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

Faith and Seb's story was cute, but so, so, sooo incredibly frustrating.

Firstly, I liked that we had both male and female hockey players in this one - yay for the women finally getting a look in.

I could understand Faith blocking Seb out of her life for the most part, but sheesh, she was so harsh. And not letting him tell her what really happened. And then finding out what really happened and then treating him like she does - yeah, she got herself on my sh*t list for that.

I love a goo
Apr 25, 2021 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

I wanted to really like this book, but I just couldn't.

I didn't like Faith very much, and I felt like Faith and Sebastian were maybe better as friends. EEK.

I understand that Faith was rightfully hurt when she thought Sebastian had cheated, but to completely shut him out for years and never once give him the chance to explain anything? Trust is one of the most important thing in a relationship, and Faith didn't have that with Sebastian. Not even after she learns the truth. And sure, sh
Carmen Rae
My TBR list is not thanking me for finding all these awesome new to me authors through the True North world. And since some of my favourite themes are college sport, I really feel like I've hit the jackpot with Moo U.

Faith and Sebastien was a slightly harder story for me to read. Not because of the writing but because it had all the factors I tend to avoid in books. It was a second chance story, and their main issue was their failure to communicate. Which tends to have me screaming at my kindle
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Halftime by Kim Findlay is the sixth book in the Moo U series. This second chance new adult romance can be read as a standalone.

Faith has always dreamed of going pro in hockey and maybe even one day playing on the same ice as the men. Now that she’s at Moo U, she can see all of her dreams coming true. Well, all of her dreams aside from he who shall not be named. The very man who shattered her heart with one phone call, the man who also happens to be going to the same college and playing on the
Jessica Alcazar
LISTEN, some books need to come with a warning that goes like this … ALERT, adult people possibly behaving ridiculously (and not in a cute way) ahead! *blink* Let me get this one thing out of the way. For me, like in my world, if you’re in a rocky situation with another human being and you shut them out completely from explaining their side, you forfeit your right to being a assjack about any of it once you find out. Especially if you grow even more rocky because you found out from maybe a third ...more
Airy
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was ok
The epilogue saved a lot for me. I thought that Faith was annoying. Not my favourite moou
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Apr 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
description
Halftime by Kim Findlay is the sixth interconnected standalone in the MOO U series (connected to Sarina Bowen's World of True North universe) and I absolutely adored both the hero, Sebastien "Seb" Hunter and the heroine, Faith Devereaux. These two were so freaking adorable and I loved that both of them were hockey players. I don't know what it is, but there is just something I love about to incredible athletes who fall in love. The author did a p
Jenn Amy
Halftime by Kim Findlay is the sixth book in the Moo U Series, it is a sweet second chance/college romance. I enjoyed the story but found myself frustrated with the heroine at times. Sebastien deserved better. Faith had some big trust issues and I felt that he never really deserved her lack of trust in him after his intial explanation. There is some growth in these characters by the end but I cannot say this one was my favourite. I did enjoy the female hockey team being introduced and hope to se ...more
Pam Nelson
Ok at least the parents weren’t all up in these characters faces.
I wasn’t a fan of Faith I get it cheating is a no go but she knew right away something wasn’t right he wasn’t in his right mind and didn’t fully even say what happen.
ASSUMPTIONS!! I hate it and the drama drives me bonkers.
Then the whole coach bull and I was kinda over this book but I like Seb so I kept listening.
Really he was the only reason I kept listening.
The narration was great.
On to the next.
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
I feel like I've mentioned this in previous hockey romance reviews but it is freaking hilarious to me that I have become to entangled in these books and I know NOTHING about hockey. Seriously. Like the fact that Faith also played hockey in this one made it 10x better to me for whatever reason and again, it's not because I am a rea life hockey fan lolol. Really though, this book, along with Sarina Bowen's, Bombshells has me so excited for future books featuring players from the women's league. I ...more
Books, Coffee & Passion
Apr 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Books, Coffee & Passion
I was so hyped for this book because it was an all hockey romance! Faith, just as Seb, was a hockey player and I really wanted to read about her perspective, her struggles and experiences in hockey and of course their romance. Their story had a tricky premise and I was a little worried about that.

Seb was a great guy. Sweet, caring and still hung up on his ex: Faith. They had a major blow up soon after Seb started college but, even though Seb thought he had moved on, it was
Laetitia
May 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Not gonna lie, this book so frustrating! Faith was so frustrating, to be so young and already so jaded about relationships was no good. Sebastien Hunter plays for the Moo U hockey team and being a hockey god on campus cost him a relationship. Faith Devereaux is the new goalie for the women's team at Moo U and she's now attending the same school as her ex. Faith and Seb broke up because she believes that he cheated on her and cut him off for an entire year. But now with both of them in Vermont, t ...more
Tammy’s  Timeout
May 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Halftime by Kim Findlay is book 6 in the Moo U series, set at Burlington University and a part of Sarina Bowen’s The World of True North series.

Sebastien Hunter is a student and hockey player at college and is a guy who is not over his ex-girlfriend, though he may seem to be.

Faith Deveraux is said ex-girlfriend, who is a new student at Moo U, also a hockey player, a goalie for the women’s team. I really love all this hockey!

These two were together, and had a pretty good relation
Jackie Wright
Apr 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Halftime (Moo U #6)
Kim Findlay is a fairly new author to me but that’s going to change because I really enjoyed Seb Hunter and Faith Devereaux’s second chance at love. I love my visits catching up with the hockey team from Moo U but Halftime is different to others in the Moo U world because this time we get to meet the woman’s hockey team and this is a great addition to this Hockey World Series.
Seb and Faith have a history, they were together for 2 years until a drunken phone call
Claudia Fosca Stahl
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Halftime is the sixth book in the Moo U series, but it’s a complete standalone so it works perfectly on its own. There’s absolutely no need to read any other book before.

I’m a real football fan, what you call soccer in the US, and as such I think Halftime is a pretty cool title. There are no halftimes in hockey, but there are two sides to this story given it’s a second chance between two hockey players. Things between Seb and Faith went sideways during the first half of their story, so it’s up t
Laiza
May 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
The first three books of this series are so much better 🤔😬
I wasted my time to Halftime because the heroine refused to listen...immaturity at it's finest..
#NoFaithInSeb
#YoungLove
#SecondChanceLove
#PleaseHaveFaith
About the book
Oct 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
It's really nice that the story about Seb's cheating is revealed early on.
I hated going back in time after each chapter but I appreciated the info en perspective of the other character. And also seb and faith being friends was boring to read. It took too long.
I think I was hoping on reading more fights between Seb an Faith. They could have been friends turn lovers, turn enemies, turn friends to lovers. That would have been fun to read about.
Reading about cooper made me hope the next book was abo
Halle Reads
DNF @ 52%

I just don't care enough about either of these main characters to continue.
Rebecca
Dec 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, new-adult, romance
This was a 3 until the epilogue. The epilogue got me.
Alyson
Aug 18, 2021 rated it it was ok
Lenore Kosinski
Apr 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I received a free copy through Heart Eyes Press in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

4.5 stars — This one surprised me! While I could tell from the blurb that there wasn’t any cheating, I still wasn’t sure exactly what that meant and how it would reflect on our characters. It was definitely complicated, but I was okay with it, so phew!

I seriously fell in love with Sebastien. I mean, he was complicated for sure, but he was sweet and endeari
Amy Dickinson
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

So...one way to get my heart pumping and my stomach dropping in a book is cheating or the appearance of it. I know some readers love it as a mechanism in their romance to build steamy heat between a couple, but it often fills me with a little bit of dread.

Enter the prologue to Kim Findlay’s Halftime. Talk about a hook. After reading it along with the first chapter, you can’t help but feel your heart pounding.

Halftime exists in the Moo U series published through Sarina Bo
Kim
Jun 10, 2021 rated it liked it
New to me author.

I was excited about this one and having a female hockey player and seeing that aspect of team life, except we didn't get to see it, we were told about Faith's issues with the team and the coach but we never actually get to see the girls play a game. I did enjoy the exhibition game where the girls and guys were mixed and played each other, but that is the most game action you get in this.

A lot of reviews talk about having issue with Faith and her trust issues. I get those in th
Danielle
Apr 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars for Halftime!

Sebastian is a hockey player for the Moo U mens team and going into his junior year…. He thought this year would be easy compared to his freshman year but what he didn’t expect was his ex-girlfriend, Faith to end up playing for the Moo U Women’s hockey team as their goalie in her freshman year. Now these two have to see a lot more of each other after a mistake that lead Faith to think Seb had cheated on her while they tried long distance the year before.

I love anything tha
Annie
Halftime is a good read by a new-to-me author. As with the remainder of the Moo U collection, Halftime offers a good chance for fans of Sarina Bowen’s True North series to spend a little more time in that universe while getting a chance to read some great standalones. I liked many things about this book especially that both leads are hockey players.

The premise of Halftime was a little daunting at first. Any time a book starts with a dramatic, painful scene like that, I feel like the author can g
Sabrina
Apr 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Seb and Faith were together for two years until a drunken phone call led to probably the biggest misunderstanding of his life. A year later, Seb faces Faith when she enrolls in Moo U. Faith knows her ex goes to Moo U and plays hockey but that isn't going to stop her from doing the same. Faith has grown up in a house where her dad constantly cheats on her mother yet her mother never leaves. Faith's one rule is never be with a cheater and she spends the last year reminding herself of that as she g ...more
Amy
Apr 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was excited for this book because it has a women’s hockey team in it along with the guys. Faith is a freshman at Moo U and is one of the goalies on the women’s hockey team. Although she is very good she still has to prove herself to her teammates and her coach. One thing that irks me about Faith is she says she is the best goalie on the team and fees that she should suit up for every game and at least be a starter.

Sebastian is on the men’s hockey team at Moo U and is Faith’s ex boyfriend. He
Deb
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian Hunter one of Moo U elite hockey players just had his world turned upside down when he crosses with his past. I enjoyed Seb so much, I truly felt his anguish with his family life and his personal life.

Faith Devereaux plays hockey for the Moo U women’s team, a freshman out to prove to everyone and herself that she is worth being on this team.

Sab and Faith have a rocky past, but they share a connection that allows them to understand each other really well or so they thought. One phone ca
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Halftime by Kim Findlay - 3 stars 1 7 Aug 02, 2021 10:13AM

• Friendzoned (Busy Bean, #4)
  • Touchstone (Speakeasy Taproom #1)
  • Waylaid (True North, #8)
  • Cakewalk (Busy Bean, #3)
  • Homecoming (Speakeasy Taproom #3)
  • Sideways (Speakeasy Taproom, #4)
  • Bombshells (Brooklyn #5; Brooklyn Bruisers #8)
  • Heartwood (Speakeasy Taproom, #2)
  • Studfinder (Busy Bean, #5)
  • Turnabout (Vino & Veritas, #9)
  • Starlight (Speakeasy Taproom #7)
  • Stargazer (Speakeasy Taproom #8)
  • Wildflower (Speakeasy Taproom #5)
  • Firefly (Speakeasy Taproom #6)
  • Insatiable (Vino & Veritas, #11)
  • Sweetheart (Busy Bean, #1)
  • Comeback Route (Seattle Steelheads #6)
  • Fireproof (Busy Bean #8)
Kim Findlay currently lives on a sailboat in the Caribbean with her husband and the world's cutest dog. She spends her time writing romance novels, reading romance novels, and enjoying blue water and warm weather. Bucket list accomplished!

Currently working on a three book rock romance series for Scarsdale Publishing, and two more Cupid's Crossing books for Harlequin.

Moo U (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Boyfriend (Moo U, #1)
  • Blindsided (Moo U, #2)
  • Slapshot (Moo U, #3)
  • Holdout (Moo U #4)
  • Gametime (Moo U, #5)
  • Overtime (Moo U, #6)
  • Darkroom (Moo U, #8)
  • Playmaker (Moo U, #9)
  • Snowballed (Moo U, #10)
  • Goalkeeper (Moo U, #11)