Start by marking “Pivotal Decisions (Moonlight and Murder #2)” as Want to Read:
Pivotal Decisions (Moonlight and Murder #2)

Pivotal Decisions

(Moonlight and Murder #2)

She carries a gun for a living…
but never expected to be a target.

Sabine’s early morning hike ends with discovering her friend sitting in a chair by the canal and gazing at the sunrise. Peace and serenity pervade, except, he’s dead.

To discover the how and why of his death, she must first survive the shrewd killer intent on removing human collateral and regaining lost techn
Kindle Edition
Published January 2021

To ask other readers questions about Pivotal Decisions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pivotal Decisions

Start your review of Pivotal Decisions (Moonlight and Murder #2)
Dali
Reily Garrett continues her Moonlight and Murder series with Pivotal Decisions, a thrilling tale of murder and suspense with a splash of romance.

Coyote Waylin moved to Pennsylvania to start fresh after he was forced to save his sister’s life and kick the bejeezus out of his brother for endangering her in the first place. After years of being away, said brother asks him to come back to help with a murder investigation. He didn’t expect a warm welcome from his family, but he certainly didn’t expec
Aղցela W.
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 200-300pg, m-f, romance, arc, free
"This book was given to me an exchange for an honest review."

This was book 2 in the "Moonlight and Murder" series. Coyote Waylin hasn’t been home in six years not since the night he broke his brother’s jaw and saved his sister’s life. After receiving a desperate call from his sibling he goes home to help with a murder mystery. Sabine is a bad ass chick who carries a gun while out hiking she discovers her friend Jinx who called and ask to meet her dead which put her on a killers rader. S
Siobhan
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pivotal Decisions is the second book in Reily Garrett’s Moonlight and Murder series, and it builds upon the first book really well. It contains all the things Reily Garrett does well, ensuring you’ll be happy to devour it in no time at all and will be desperate for book three. Although this does build upon the characters we were introduced to in the first book, the story works perfectly fine as a standalone.

As is regularly the case with a Reily Garrett book, before I go any further, I just wishe
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Pivotal Decisions is the second book in the Moonlight and Murder series by Reily Garrett. I have read a few of Reily’s series’ and I always know I will be in suspense and being shocked with the the twists. And it will have a twist of romance. If you read A Critical Tangent then you have met Coyote as Nolan’s hilarious partner and friend. Well, this is his story.

Coyote hasn’t step foot in his hometown in six years. He walked away and didn’t look back. He wasn’t sure if his family had forgiven hi
Cathy Ryan
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pivotal Decisions, the second book in the Moonlight and Murder series, is set the Florida Everglades. A horrific murder brings back the characters from A Critical Tangent along with several new and engaging ones. Like the first book, the story revolves around current technology, this time the theme is virtual reality.

Coyote Waylin, a detective in Pennsylvania, left Florida several years ago after family problems and hasn’t been back since. Until now. A panicked call from his younger brother, Aug
Kayla Krantz
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

When Sabine’s friend Jinx is found dead, she must rely on the help of her other friend Augie to figure out why. Though they haven’t had the best relationship, they agree to put all tensions aside to work together. There is a killer out there, hunting them down, and if they aren’t careful, they’ll be next.

Suspense, twists, and mysteries galore! There were plenty of characters in this story, any of whom could be suspects. It was fun learning about each of their backgrounds, but at a point, it got
Tammy
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coyote left and started his life over after saving his sister and brother. He didn’t know how is family would react have he beat up Augie. Now six years later Coyote gets a phone call from his brother needing his help, a friend has been murdered. He heads back home to help and is shocked to discover Sabine is all grown up. Fast-paced read with plenty of twists and turns, drama, intrigue and steam. I really liked it.
Donadee's Corner
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone of this genre
Recommended to Donadee's Corner by: Author
Reily Garrett – Moonlight and Murder Bk 2 – Pivotal Decisions – Reviewed 3/4/20 – Read 2/28/20
Death, gators, the past, lost love and incredible action, have Coyote and Nolan on their toes!

Coyote Waylin had not been home for 6 years, not since that fateful night when he had to save his sister and afterward broke his baby brother, Augie’s jaw. He left and has not looked back, starting a life for himself in the hills of Pennsylvania. A good one with a future, a great partner, life looks good, till
Jeannie Zelos
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pivotal Decisions, (Moonlight and Murder 2), Reily Garrett

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romantic suspense

Murder and bodies, swamps and alligators, guns and bang sticks ( never heard of them – I want one !!), drones and tech, none of which I know much about but it didn't matter for the story as it was kept loose enough for me to keep up and enjoy. Some suspense novels get very heavy on the detail and I end up skipping pages, this had just enough to interest me and let me follow how
Ron Mac
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~Engaging sequel
~First, I’ll state that I received this book as a gift from the author to read and review.
~I completely enjoyed “A Critical Tangent”, book one in the series, and am equally impressed with this story. This book takes up right where book one left off; it flows smoothly from one story to the next.
~At to character development…this is something that I always look for in a story, and especially in a series. There are plenty of one-dimensional main characters running around solving crim
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 2 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Pivotal Decisions is the second book in the Moonlight and Murder series written by author Reily Garrett. It tells the story of Sabine and Coyote, who we met in the first book, A Critical Tangent. Even though each book tells the story of a different couple, I believe you’ll get the best foundation to fully understand and appreciate the storyline by reading them in order. Just know that it’s only a suggestion.

Pi
Jennifer Pierson
I LOVE the brilliant & addictive Reily Garrett, as she ALWAYS wows me with each new story, which means Pivotal Decisions is no exception. I don't want to go into details because it's romantic suspense at its finest, which means OH THOSE TWISTS! And while Ms. Garrett drops bread crumbs throughout, it's usually super hart to figure out who dun it & why. See, it's not just those turned out twists that you have to figure out, but had a conspiracy kicker added in. She blended the heart racing goodnes ...more
Grady
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Would you look at that, we made a spark’

Indiana author Daniel Elijah Sanderfer retired from his work as a Hospitality Manager and now devotes his energies to writing M/M romances. As oppose to many LGBT authors who focus on the hindrances that can flaw relationships, Daniel focuses on the endurance and triumph of the human spirit in painting tales that resonate and offer hope. To date he has published thirty-three novels, gaining an ardent constituency.

Daniel’s skillful writing is apparent eve
Douglas Williamson
Our heroine finds her best friend dead in the Everglades and this is just the start of the mystery. With a lot of help from friends and associates, she is going to have her hands full with this one.

This is book two of the series, but it works just fine as a standalone.

This is a romantic suspense story although the romance aspect builds slowly and late in the game. Which works just fine for me as it gives the main plot a chance to unfold. I found the story to be well written and easy to read alt
Debra Miller
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coyote's backstory is revealed in the 2nd book of this series. Taking place in Florida, we are introduced to Coyote's family and friends as they seek answers relating to a murder.
Overall, I enjoyed this book, but there were some times I thought that there were holes in the logic of the group. In addition, there were at least two typos that made me stop and re-read a line, then fill in the correct term. I didn't make a note of them, but one had to do with a baseball cap IIRC. The story was fast m
Arlene Ross
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a complimentary copy to read for a review. I have read almost all of Reily's books and have enjoyed them all. This one is very intriguing with the development of the characters coming close together and working the twists and turns that Reily creates. It is fast moving, well written and a thriller, you will enjoy this one and can't wait to read more about the characters. Good job, Reily! ...more
Kristi
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two in the Moonlight and Murder Series. The suspense and shocking twists and turns keep you turning the pages. The story line captivates you from the beginning and the romance between the characters is just as suspenseful as the mystery in the story line. You can't stop turning the pages to find out what happens.

Wendy Livingstone
This is the 2nd book in this series and is thrilling murder suspense story where Sabine and Coyote must work together to solve a case. This is a well written story which is filled with lies, deceit, suspense, and with twists and humour which all had me totally enthralled throughout this addictive page turner. I highly recommend for all.
Katie Phillips
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot wait for book 3! Unfortunate events bring this crew together, but I just love them especially the newest and most important team member, Heath! What an adventure this book was. It had everything. You will be hooked as Reily does such an awesome job with details and the suspense! I received this ARC for an honest review.
Teresa Reitnauer
This is the 2nd book in the Moonlight and Murder series. Coyote and Sabine with others try to solve the murder of one of their friends. Murder, mystery, strange creatures, and a loyal track dog made the book an awesome read. Coyote and Sabine were attracted to one another but they were too young. When they met up again, their attraction was still there. All the characters were well-developed.
Barbara Tobey
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and intriguing romantic suspense. A dog, drones, banter, alligators, family, murder, humor, surprises, and so much more, all adding up to a satisfying conclusion. Thanks to the author for providing a copy for my voluntary review.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome Book

This book was absolutely worth the read. It’s riveting and I couldn’t put it down.
Romaine Heart
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coyote had left the swamps six years prior after recusing his sister and brother from a gang. Augie was a druggie. An argument left Augie badly beaten by Coyote. With guilt weighing heavily on his shoulders and not sure if his family would forgive him, Coyote left to try to move forward with his life never to return to his family...
Until that one phone call. His brother needed help! Jinx was murdered.
Augie and Sabine have been there for each other in good times and bad. A brother/sister type of
Rosie Amber
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pivotal Decisions is book two of the Moonlight And Murder romantic suspense series.

This story is set in the Florida Everglades and involves virtual reality gaming technology. The book opens with a gruesome murder scene; a man so lost inside the gaming world behind his goggles that he appears not to notice his legs have disappeared. But why is he sitting on a chair in the middle of a swamp and why did the predator take only his legs?

Augee knew his best friend Jinx was worried, so when he receiv
Pauline  Badgley
Nov 09, 2020
Lisa Dahlquist
Sep 06, 2020
Linda Wylie
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2020
William O. Smith
Apr 06, 2020

• My Favorite Souvenir
  • Holes In the Sky (Zeb Hanks Mystery #2)
  • Native Blood (Zeb Hanks Mystery #1)
  • Adiós Ángel (Zeb Hanks Mystery #3)
  • Native Justice (Zeb Hanks Mystery, #4)
  • The Lt. Kate Gazzara Series - Books 7 - 9
  • Native Bones (Zeb Hanks Mystery #5)
  • Native Warrior (Zeb Hanks Mystery #6)
  • Native Earth (Zeb Hanks Mystery #7)
  • Native Destiny (Zeb Hanks Mystery #8)
  • Native Fate (Zeb Hanks Mystery #10)
  • NATIVE DREAMS (Zeb Hanks Mystery Series Book 11)
  • Red Hatchet Falls (A Winston Radhauser Mystery #7)
  • The House of Three Murders (Smoke Tree Mystery #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Mojave Desert Sanctuary (Smoke Tree #2)
  • Death on a Desert Hillside (Smoke Tree Mystery #3)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)

Reily Garrett is a writer, mother, and companion to three long coat German shepherds. When not working with her dogs, she’s sitting at her desk with her furkids by her side.
Author of chilling suspense and snarky romance, her stories span the distance of romantic thrillers, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. Regardless of genre, each book delves into a dark and twisted imagination yet is tempe

Moonlight and Murder (6 books)
  • A Critical Tangent (Moonlight and Murder, #1)
  • Seeds of Murder
  • An Unlikely Grave
  • Deadly Interception
  • Moonlight and Murder (Moonlight and Murder, #1-3)