Start by marking “The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel” as Want to Read:
The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel

The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel

The Ming dynasty becomes a battleground for the Brotherhood of Assassins and the Order of the Templars in this blockbuster action novel from a previously unexplored part of the beloved Assassin’s Creed universe.

China, 16th century. The Assassins are gone. Zhang Yong, the relentless leader of the Eight Tigers, took advantage of the emperor's death to eliminate all his oppon
Published June 1st 2021 by Aconyte

To ask other readers questions about The Ming Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ming Storm

Start your review of The Ming Storm: An Assassin's Creed Novel
Sherwood Smith
i have never played a video game, but when I saw that this novel was set in Chinese history, and written by a Chinese novelist, I grabbed it. Glad I did.

I don't think it was completely successful, but in a way that showcases just how good the author is.

Shao Jun, the last of her clan, goes home after she training with the legendary assassin Ezio Auditore, to find everything destroyed. However, she cannot avenge her former brothers and renew the Brotherhood in China alone. She surrounds herself wi
Sasan
May 20, 2021 marked it as dropped
I have received this book in exchange of an honest review, thank you to NetGalley and Aconyte Books for the opportunity.

──────────────────

I'll preface this review by saying that I am a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed games and try to play as many installments as I can, which made me extra excited to start this book given that it's related to the game and in a new location I have not seen before. Therefore, I was prompted to request the book and attempt to read it, which was thankfully approved
Nikki Sojkowski
**An ARC of this book was provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

The Ming Storm is the latest novelization of the Assassin's Creed video game franchise. While a long time AC fan, this is my first novelization and I was super excited to get started. Unfortunately, The Ming Storm sacrifices the book's flow and charm for the sake of technical specificity. What could have been a fun action-adventure novel got bogged down by trying to name and describe every specific fighting
Milou
May 22, 2021 added it
I got through the first lockdown by playing all the Assasin’s Creed games I could get my hands on for PS3. They really helped me get through those months, so when I saw this book on Netgalley I got very excited. I think I should have stuck with the games though.
This isn’t necessarily the book’s fault though. I always struggle to get into books that give us a lot of action scenes before giving us time to get to know and care for the characters involved in the fighting for their lives. In this ca
Bagus
In a style that blends science fiction with historical fiction, the first novel in the Assassin’s Creed trilogy features the story of Shao Jun, a young Chinese assassin who’s the main protagonist in the video game Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China. I was not an avid fan of the game series and haven’t played it before, but this novel adaptation surely captivates me throughout the story. Set in 16th century China during the era of the Ming Dynasty, the Middle Kingdom was in a state of turmoil aft ...more
M. K. French
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
In sixteenth-century China, the Assassins are gone. Zhang Yong, the leader of the Eight Tigers, eliminated all rivals, allowing the Templars to hold all the power. Shao Jun, the only survivor, vows revenge and travels to Europe to train with the legendary Ezio Auditore. When she returns, she must find allies to defeat the Eight Tigers.

The Ming Storm is an original Assassin’s Creed novel, not just a novelization of one of the many games. Shao Jun's journey in this novel is the start of a trilogy.
Margrieta
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Warmth and cold exists only in my mind. The ten Thousand things of this world are nothing and my mind alone gives birth to them. The weather is what it is, and if you are cold, it is only in your mind.” #AssasinsCreed #ShaoJun #TheMingStorm #YanLeisheng #AconyteBooks

My rating: 4,5 / 5

Well, well, well. I’m so impressed by this book! Despite my huge summer reading plans, I have to explore Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, somehow, I’ve missed it. Shame on me! For those who don’t know, most of
Andrea C
May 27, 2021 rated it liked it
*I have received this book in exchange of an honest review, thank you to NetGalley and Aconyte Books for it.*

In this book we follow a young girl Shao Jun, the last representative of her clan, which has returned home after she has trained with the legendary assassin Ezio Auditore. However, she cannot avenge her former brothers and renew the Brotherhood in China alone. She surrounds herself with allies and tries to defeat the Eight Tigers.

Well, I liked the plot. Good revenge story is what I like :
Jess
Jun 13, 2021 rated it liked it
3⭐️

“When opposing forces are equal, courage makes all the difference”

This is probably one of the most unusually written books I have ever read, I am not sure if I read a novel or a guide on Kung Fu! There was so much time spent explaining the individual Kung Fu moves, that I felt it took away from the plot and the action scenes. But at least it was educational!!

Despite this, I did actually really enjoy the book once it got going. Shao Jun is a great character, she develops a lot throughout the
Leslie Fisher
May 22, 2021 rated it liked it
I was given this as a ARC copy for a honest review and here we go.
Maybe because I am not really a player of the game or because I had not read the others available I could not relate to the characters.
I must clarify however that the writing was not the issue. I would still recommend this if Assassin's Creed is a favorite of yours and you can relate the characters in the story.
Thanks so much for the chance to review, I will try again after I play threw some of the games and see if it helps
Kat
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it

This was an easy read, I loved it and could not put it down. I am a huge fan of the Assassin Creed games and own serveral of the AC compainion books, The Ming Storm is a great addition to the franchise espically since this book is based off of a much smaller AC game ( AC Chronicals China) that I loved and this book not ony blends in the history very well but it also brings more life to the storyline of the game.
Isabella
Thank you to NetGalley and the wonderful people at Aconyte Books for this ARC.

As a lover of (read: obsessed with) the Assassins Creed franchise this was a gem to read. I love it when the lesser known stories of Assassins and Templars gets told. Expecially when they are told well. A must read for all my fellow nerdy geeks out there.
Amber Summers
May 18, 2021 rated it liked it
I received this as an ARC but that doesn’t really affect my opinion. Worth the read if you’re into the Assassins Creed Video Game and the book series. Was a bit disappointed though as I felt I couldn’t connect with the characters as much so I didn’t really care what happened to them. Still worth the read though.
Annalisa
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is a real page Turner. I just could not put it down. I read it in a weekend. I read the whole series and I thought this one was the best one. I definitely recommend it.
Nikola Nedeljkovic