Start by marking “The Invitation” as Want to Read:
The Invitation

The Invitation

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  30,281 ratings  ·  3,111 reviews
Stella Bardot ist eine der talentiertesten Parfüm-Designerinnen in New York. Nachdem sie aber ihren Ex-Verlobten ausbezahlen musste, steht ihr kleines Geschäft kurz vor der Pleite. Als auch noch ihre Mitbewohnerin über Nacht verschwindet, braucht Stella dringend Ablenkung. Ihr bester Freund überredet sie kurzerhand, sich auf die High-Society-Hochzeit der Saison zu schmugge ...more
Published January 16th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Invitation, please sign up.
Vi Keeland There will be! There just isn't a pre-order for it. But it will be live on Amazon on January 18th. …moreThere will be! There just isn't a pre-order for it. But it will be live on Amazon on January 18th. (less)
Vi Keeland Sorry I didn’t see this until now! Hudson is 31 and Stella is 27 at the start of the book but 28 at the end.

·  30,281 ratings  ·  3,111 reviews

Start your review of The Invitation
Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this.

What it had:
Two reasonable adults.
Some cute fateful conveniences.
A somewhat realistic wedding crasher/office romance.

What it didn’t have:
Contrived big miscommunications.
Manufactured drama.
Evil Queen characters.

Just a fun read.
Vi Keeland
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
THE INVITATION is coming January 18th, 2021

LIVE EARLY ON AMAZON!
Amazon US ➜ ht
Anovelqueen
***4.5 STARS***

Vi Keeland did it again and proved why she is and will always be an automatic buy. The woman could write a phone book and I would read it because she knows how to tell a story.

Hudson and Stella’s story is why I read romance. They epitomized the perfect romance novel couple. Hudson was just spectacular. We all need a Hudson in our lives. He was the perfect businessman, boyfriend and father. His interactions with his daughter were priceless. His expressions of affection and openness
Bibi
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm positively giddy about this book, not for the romance which, btw, was ah-mazing but rather because of the Private Equity aspect. As you may or may not know, I've worked in Investment/Portfolio management for a while and Keeland's depiction of the process was accurate which just got me even giddier.

I know, right? Bliss.
jessica
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well, another great VK book not about a woman who needs a man, but about the type of woman a man needs.

with strong lead characters, effortless writing, engaging plot (even though i guessed the ‘twist’ 25% into it), and a realistic and root-worthy romance, this is everything i have come to know and love about VK books.

the only thing preventing me from loving this more is how much page time is spent describing a start-up business. like, i get enough work in my own life, i dont want to spend my fre
Penelope Ward
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG. Just wait til you meet Hudson and Stella and immerse yourself in this sexy, funny and unique story. One of my top favorites from Vi...threaded together so masterfully. Unputdownable until the very end.
Krazyʕ•ᴥ•ʔKoala
Update : (This is not related to book) I researched about secret diaries . I came across a few entries of a person who was suffering from bipolar disorder, depression, a lot of hallucinations and I guess two more mental illnesses. I read it and it was really disturbing. All I can say is that I won't be reading secret diaries anymore. My experience with them turned out to be bad.
----------
I have read only one book of the author Vi Keeland before and I had liked it but I can't say th
Dilek VT
2,5 stars

I had high hopes for this book because the blurb sounded interesting to me; however, it didn’t live up to my expectations ☹

The heroine is sweet, interesting and very likable, and moreover, the hero is awesome, too but sadly, two amazing characters couldn’t save this book no matter what.

*********************************************

I don’t know what to call this book. Most of the time it sounded more like a business venture book rather than a romance book. It had an immense amount of busi
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelf-of-shame
3.75 Stars

This book is for you if—

1) you love Nick Bateman
2) you’re someone who is struggling to get your business up and running
3) you’re someone who works in Private Equity or Invesment Management company
4) you never read about a heroine who is a perfumist
5) you adore swoonworthy, respectful, wealthy CEO type hero
6) you’re a fan of the single parent trope

I find this book to be extremely relatable and authentic in the start-up business aspect. The romance is all sweet and wonderful. I like the
Lien
Since when does Nick Bateman do covers for romance books 🤔 never saw him on one before but hey I'm not complaining, he's HOT 🔥🔥🔥 ...more
Em Lost In Books
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Definitely a better romance than I expected.
mila
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
yeah I think it's time to stop trying and accept the fact that this author's books (and Penelope Ward for what matters because they write practically the same) aren't for me, unless I'm having trouble sleeping, then I'd gladly pick up one of these.

If I'm being honest, I liked Stella and like the first 30% + the epilogue, but the rest of it? zzzzzZZZZzzzZZ. Their relationship? zzzZZZZzzZZz. Hudson? ZzzzZZZzzz. The plot twist? zzzZZZZzzzzZZZZ... I don't want to hurt anyone's sensibilities, but I f
Dali
This tale, with a modern Cinderella like beginning, becomes something with so much depth and feeling it exceeded my expectations and left me swooning.

“Well, well, well… Cinderella finally came to collect her glass slipper, did she?” ~ Hudson

With THE INVITATION, Vi Keeland pens a thoughtful, fun, and touching novel with sassy banter, and delectable slow burn chemistry. It follows Stella Bardot, perfumist extraordinare and successful investor Hudson Rothschild, who’s sister’s wedding Stella
pauline
Aug 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️

Not me being so into this book!! Some parts of the writing that I was skimming over, maybe some parts didn’t flow that well for me, but the story overall was great.

I wasn’t sure where we were going with the diary direction in the beginning, but it pulled through for the end. Not a plot I was expecting and I can’t say that I didn’t see it coming leading up to that chapter (I kinda did… but also I kinda didn’t), but very enjoyable!!

I like that this is more on the adult side, aka he has a dau
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Meh. This felt a little lackluster for me. I really liked the h though! That says a lot since I’m typically pretty tough on my ratings for hs. I loved the (little bit of) interactions with the H’s daughter, I just wanted much more of that! I ended with being frustrated that this is yet another book that has their conflict resolved and jumps right into an epilogue. While the conflict wasn’t all that dramatic, it just doesn’t feel like a good enough resolution when that hap
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

C732D591-7A70-48C3-BA30-661BB6D0CD6E

Stella Bardot lives in New York and has put her heart and soul, and invested everything she has into her business for the last five years. She could definitely use a night out, so when she becomes in possession of an invitation to a fancy wedding at a prime location, she goes against her better judgement and decides to go. It's addressed to her ex-roommate who owes her money and did her wrong. She can't resist a chance to get all glammed up, and have some fun.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
There was a moment at around the halfway point of this book where I sat back and realized - ohhhh sh*t!!! This is going to hurt.

Like, I was afraid to keep reading because I knew that no matter what, I was not coming out of this without a bruised heart.

And - I was right.

But it was so worth it!

This is the magic of a Vi Keeland book. It's so effortlessly and compulsively readable. It feels light, and sexy and swoony and decadent. So when the rug is inevitably pulled out from under you, you're alre
Natasha Madison
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of my favorite books of all time. OF ALL TIME...I'M OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK AND HAVE READ IT EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE I GOT IT.
Vi Keeland at her best as she gives us a unique love story that I read in one sitting.
My heart was full, the smile on my face said it all. Stella and Hudson are forever in my heart!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 STARS <3

This was a sweet and fun story.I really enjoyed how Hudson and Stella met.They were cute and they make me have a smile on my face.Stella is amazing, I could relate to her and she make me laugh!

Hudson is a swoon worthy hero that will make you melt !They have amazing banter and their chemistry is so good.I find their story refreshing and unique!

If you are looking for a romantic story with funny,sexy and swoon moments this is for you!

Diana
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
It looks like Vi Keeland is becoming a go to author for me. I know there are complaints saying her stories are so similar, but The Invitaiton was exactly what I was looking for.

The heroine, Stella, was very quirky and easy to love. She was also smart and determined to fight for her dream. At first, I wasn’t sure about Hudson, then he was everything and so swoon worthy. I loved Stella and Hudson together, especially the way he always complimented her when she needed a little push. They were both
Carla Bulian
Jan 31, 2021 rated it liked it
It’s very well written, but the same old story. It’s cute.
Sorry🤷🏻‍♀️
Bhavya Marya
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 stars 🌟

I was kind of expecting this to be a mediocre book. I didn't have high expectations since I haven't been that interested in her latest books. But I was really surprised when I couldn't stop reading it.

I think we all know by this point some of Vi Keeland's go-to subplots. And not gonna lie, one of those plots was used here but in a very small capacity and by that time I already liked the book.

I really loved Stella's personality. It was really unique and I had a fun time reading her POV
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Happy Smart Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-It's Live!!!
Last year I had learned of The Invitation by Vi Keeland. I read the blurb, was intrigued and did a placeholder to have it ready for when it came out. Well, when Bibi posted her review for this raving how much she loved it, that was it...I had to click, click and get it in my hot little hands.

Best action I did that day. From the first paragraph to the last, I was in love with this book.
It had strong, clear characters. They were unique to the
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 2.5* rounded up only because of the latter half of the book

The h crashes an expensive wedding with her best friend using her former roommates invite, she meets a gorgeous guy there and gives him her fake name....unfortunately he turns out to be the brother of the bride and puts her on the spot for her deceit. She manages to brazen it out and dashes into the night like Cinderella, but just like Cinderella she left something important behind......not a glass slipper but her cellpho
Tim
Jan 09, 2022 rated it it was ok
Reads more like a teen story of fawning over someone while accepting their abusive actions.
4 of 10 stars
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:
4.25 Stars

Stella Bardot and Hudson Rothschild caught each other’s eyes at a swanky wedding. But their promising beginning might not go anywhere when it turned out one of them was not who they made themself to be.

One thing I notice about the author’s writing is that she has a knack for writing a fresh and fun couple’s first meeting scenes. This book certainly proved it. In fact, even though a certain aspect of the story
The Avid Reader
Jan 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Vi Keeland is like my auto buy author. I read her books without even reading the blurb cuz she is absolutely amazing and this book was no different.

I didn't even read the blurb cuz damn that cover was enticing enough for me 🔥🔥 and i had so much fun reading this book.

Stella and Hudson were so sweet. My heart went all pitter patter for them. The story was such a ride.

This book is my second favorite vi Keeland book to date. The first will always be Stuck up suit.
sid
(2.5) dnf @ 40%

couldn’t connect at all
Zita
Jan 18, 2021 marked it as dnf
In the beginning, I loved it really hard and then something just switched inside me and I was no longer interested in their story. My bad.
Dnf
Jacob Proffitt
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy, romance, audiobook
A bunch of things surprised me with this book (besides the cover. Am I the only one who looks at that and thinks "why is that guy wearing a suit that doesn't fit?"). Most of them are romance tropes that this didn't lean into. Like Hudson. His family owns a private equity firm and the word "billionaire" didn't crop up even once. And the couple of times when things might have looked shifty with the gay best friend that ended up completely drama free. Also, Stella's home life background was, erm, a ...more

• Not Pretending Anymore
  • The Rules of Dating
  • Playboy Pilot
  • The Assignment
  • Tempted
  • Escape With Me (The O'Callaghans, #3; With Me In Seattle, #16)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • Underboss (With Me in Seattle Mafia, #1)
  • Man in Love (Man in Charge Duet, #2)
  • For Lucy
  • A Vow Of Hate (A Vow of Hate, #1)
  • Moody
See top shelves…
Vi Keeland is a #1 New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author. With millions of books sold, her titles have appeared in over one hundred Bestseller lists and are currently translated in twenty-six languages. She resides in New York with her husband and their three children where she is living out her own happily ever after with the boy she met at age six.

Stop by an