Start by marking “Little Boy Lost (Detective Mackenzie Price, #3)” as Want to Read:
Little Boy Lost (Detective Mackenzie Price, #3)

Little Boy Lost

(Detective Mackenzie Price #3)

The clear sky burst into flames of peach and gold, illuminating the small body leaning against the rocks. He looked even smaller than he had in the photos, purple marks blemishing his neck. His eyes were open, staring ahead at the vastness of the still water.

When three nine-year-old boys go missing on a field trip to Lakemore’s annual spring festival, panic tears through t
Published May 6th 2021 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Little Boy Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Boy Lost

Start your review of Little Boy Lost (Detective Mackenzie Price, #3)
Lisa
Apr 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thanks to Ruhi Choudary, Bookoutre and Netgalley.
I kinda love these books!
I appreciate Ruhi's devious murders!
But, I think I'm finally going to take a pass.
I really like these main characters, but they need to figure out their shit! Mack and her lies are ridiculous! She was a kid. This was bound to drive me nuts from the start. I hate lies. I especially hate liars! It's not so heinous.
Still, I am tired of those woods, and very tired of Homicide cops with Daddy issue's.
I did love this book
Brenda
Lakemore’s annual spring festival was crowded with people looking for a day in the sunshine; the crowd included a class of nine-year-old school children and before the day was half over, three of those children had vanished. Lucas, Noah and Theo had all disappeared and it was up to Detective Mackenzie Price and partner Detective Nick Blackwood to lead the team to find the kids before it was too late. But Nick could see the similarities to a case many years prior, a case where the brutal serial k ...more
Lou
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Boy Lost is the third instalment in the Detective Mackenzie ”Mack” Price series, set in Lakemore, Washington. The prologue opens with Mack and colleague and partner Detective Nick Blackwood driving against the stormy night after informing her that her father, Charles Laurent, had been murdered. However, for two decades, owing to the fact that her mother, Melody, had claimed she killed Mack’s father in self-defence and then had asked her to help bury him all those years ago, her trust had ...more
Kirsty Bookworm86
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
BLOG TOUR REVIEW

Review for 'Little Boy Lost' by Ruhi Choudhary.

Read and reviewed via NetGalley for Ruhi Choudhary, Bookouture publishers and Bookouture anonymous

Publication date 6th May 2021.

This is the second book I have read by this author and it is the third book in the 'Detective Mackenzie Price' series but can be read as a standalone. I have previously read the first book in the series 'Our Daughter's Bones' which I enjoyed and would recommend.

I was originally drawn to this book by its
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Little Boy Lost is the third instalment in the Detective Mackenzie ”Mack” Price series, set in Lakemore, Washington. The actual crimes in the book are self-contained, but I recommend you read these books in order as there is a lot of character development and past events that you would miss. There are two storylines happening simultaneously. Mack's father was recently killed and what was originally ruled a robbery is not being investigated as something else. Mack seems to be a suspect even thoug ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Little Boy Lost, the third novel to feature Detective Mackenzie Price of the Lakemore, Washington PD.

When three nine year old boys go missing on a trip to the spring fair the already troubled town of Lakemore panics. When one boy is found, killed in the same way as notorious serial killer, Jeremiah, killed his victims Mack and her partner, Nick, aren’t sure what to think, but the note in his throat telling them to look at the
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book via Netgalley and for letting me take part in this tour. I really enjoyed the first two books in this series and I knew I just had to read the next book.

This book like the first two is two-fold. You have the case of the missing boys and you have the case
Joanna Lambert
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the Detective Mackenzie Price series. Three boys disappear during Lakemore's Spring Festival. Soon after, one is discovered murdered, a slip of paper in his oesophagus instructing the police to find Johnny Cooper's killer or the other two will be killed.. Johnny Cooper's murder has been blamed on serial child killer Jeremiah Wozniack, who is currently in jail. Eight years ago, the case was the first Nick Blackwood investigated on his arrival in Lakemore.. Johnny's decomposed ...more
Tracy Wood
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It is time for the annual spring festival in Lakemore with families and kids on class trips all congregating and looking forward to a fun time outside after the restrictions of winter. When three nine-year-old boys go missing while under their teacher's care enjoyment turns to fear and everyone recalls how Lakemore was home to the serial killer, Jeremiah, who murdered ten young boys a decade earlier.

Detectives Mackenzie 'Mack' Price and Nick Blackwood are assigned the case but when evidence is
Anne
May 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Little Boy Lost by Ruhi Choudhary is a police procedural, primarily driven by damaged cops. Mackenzie Price is quite a good detective, if it were not for her guilty conscience about something that had happened when she was 12 and helped her mother bury a man in the woods. Her partner, Nick, was haunted by the deaths of 11 boys some years back. He had solved the crime, but he had not done it soon enough to stop the killings. Now they were faced with three crimes: three boys had been snatched from ...more
Kavita
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Little Boy Lost' by Ruhi Choudhary is the third book in the Detective Mackenzie Price series. This series is one of those that I have read from the first book till the current one and with each new book the mystery, the thrill and the twists reach a notch higher.

The series is one of those that has two parallel stories, One of the Detective herself, her personal story and her demons that she is fighting and the case of the three missing boys from Lakemore.
This book can be enjoyed as a stand al
Samadhee Ismail
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Gosh....what a roller coaster ride with this one!!! Ruhi did it once again with the third book of Detective Mackenzie Price series, Little Boy Lost. When Charles was murdered, a new detective was assigned to solve the case. Then three little boys were lost in the woods and one of the boys' bodies, Lucas was found dead...with his tongue cut off. This case was eerily same to another case, solved by Mackenzie's partner, Nick, but the person is already behind the bars. Is it a copycat murder or some ...more
Els
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was also one of those books I was looking forward to. The cases Detectives Nick Blackwood and Mackenzie Price had to deal with in the previous two books were very thrilling, but what captivated me maybe even more was Mackenzie’s back story. It was intriguing, fascinating and complicated and I loved it. Now it was time to sit down and find out what was going to be discovered next and of course with cases they were going to have to solve.

Lakemore is only a small village, but killers seem to l
Rebecca Ambrose
May 08, 2021 rated it liked it
This is my first novel by Ruhi Choudhary and also my first introduction to Det. Mackenzie Price and her series of books. I do generally enjoy detective thrillers and was glad to be given the chance to get into the world of another one (though I usually much prefer to start at book #1!)
The storyline is an attention grabbing one - three young boys disappear on a school trip in the town and Det. Price and her partner and under huge pressure to find them before anything happens them; making it all
loopyloulaura
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
TRIGGER WARNING : this book contains child murder
Three boys disappear on a school trip. One boy is found dead shortly afterwards with a warning that the other boys will die too if Johnny's killer isn't found. Except Johnny's killer was convicted serial killer and has been in prison for the last eight years. Has there been a mistake and can Mad Mack find the two boys alive...?
Little Boy Lost is the third book to feature Mackenzie Price. There are no spoilers about the previous cases. However, the
Tove R.
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So excited to read the third book in this excellent series! Action packed, chilling, thrilling, and simply brilliant! Always thrilling to get back to Lakemore, Washington, even though I know that once I get there the news is not good. Quite far from it. Three young boys go missing, one of them is found dead, and it looks like a notorious murderer is behind it, but how could he be, since he's already incarcerated...

Mac is fighting hard with her inner demons, her background, and what happened to h
Corinne Rodrigues
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There are times when you read a couple of books by an author, you love them and then you read the next one and your interest wanes. You know the feeling, right? Well, that’s certainly not the feeling I got from reading the third book in the Detective Mackenzie Price series! If anything, I’m drawn into wanting to read more and will certainly be waiting for Book #4!

This story kept me on the edge of my seat, wanting a resolution to it and hoping that all was not lost. It was full of emotion. Mackne
Erica Nicole
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
“I’m just playing devil’s advocate. Someone has to. Truth could be about perspective.”

Years ago, Jeremiah Wozniak causes havoc in Lakemore after murdering eleven children. Years later, three children go missing and one is found dead, strangled with his tongue cut off: Wozniak's Modus Operandi. But Wozniak is in prison! Now the new, deranged killer insists Wozniak wasn't the murderer of the eleventh child and challenges the force. Find the real killer --- or two more boys' lives is snuffed out.

T
Michelle
Little Boy Lost was a captivating thriller full of delicious little twists. In this third installment to the Mackenzie Price series we are brought back to the majestic scenery of Washington state. But evil abounds here as the disappearance of three 9 year old boys forces Nick to confront one of the most diabolical killers from his past. Did Nick make a mistake charging Jeremiah Wozniak with little Johnny's murder? Has a killer been walking amongst them all these years? He is certain beyond belie ...more
Mary
Apr 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2021-read, netgalley
This was was given to me by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
When 3 boys go missing during a field trip, evidence leads Detectives Mackenzie Price and Nick Blackwood to re-investigate a murder from years ago everyone thought was solved.
In the meantime, a new detective comes to town and starts investigating the murder of Mackenzie's father. This book did not end on a cliffhanger like the previous two. Although I didn't mind the cliffhangers, it was nice to have closure on a part of the
Annarella
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if it's possible to define a book "liminal" but that's the term the comes to my mind but I can't specify the reason because I don't want to spoil anything.
It was a roller coaster of emotions, a thrilling and gripping story that kept me on the edge.
Mad Mack is at her best and I love how she's changing, discovering new sided and getting stronger.
The plot is slow burning, it starts with a bang but it takes a bit before the action starts. And when it starts it's a lot of action.
The auth
Janilyn Kocher
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Little Boy Lost is an intense complicated mystery. Three boys disappear and two will die. Who is doing the killing? And why? Mack is worried about a dark secret from her own past coming to light. There were many angles to this story. I had a sense about two culprits, but nothing concrete. I do feel that some of the plot went on for a it too long, a bit too drawn out. I was still hooked, like a can of potato chips, I had to keep reading to consume it all. It’s a good tale with many variances and ...more
Cheryl
Oh what a tangled web. Can be read as a stand alone. MacKenzie is all too human, still holding the secret from her youth while doing the best she can to be a good Detective. Twisted tale, surprises along the way and heart wrenching emotion with the lost boys. The very end (before the epilogue) was a tad confusing when the tale comes out. I was not surprised with who shares the tale, but I did get a lost, had to reread who was who again. Buckle up, put your hat on and see if you can solve the mys ...more
Linda Phillips
May 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little Boy Lost is the 3rd book in the Mackenzie Price series by Ruhi Choudhary.
I have loved this series so far, and think this book might be the best one yet.
The storyline gripped me from the beginning, and had me guessing right to the end. I love how each book perfectly follows on from the last, and each book reminds you of Macks story making it easy to follow, although I think this book would read well as a standalone.
The plot starts with 3 boys going missing, then one of their bodies bein
Caroline Venables
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is a great read, and I am now hooked on this series. It is the first book I have read by Ruhi Choudhary but I can not wait to get stuck into the others.

I took to the main characters quickly and I was instantly thrown into their new case, which may be linked to an old solved crime. Is someone being a copycat or was the wrong person convicted. This is the dilemma facing the detectives.

I raced through as I tried to solve the mystery alongside Nick and Mackenzie, I really liked their relati
Robin Price
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ruhi Choudhary's new novel is full of masterfully drawn characters and is utterly compelling.
The thick woods and deep waters of Lakemore hide the darkest of secrets. Corruption and violence are at the core of a very complex plot that keeps one guessing to the very end. It is tense and absorbing, and darkly disturbing. It kept me awake long into the night until the author revealed the final twist. I held my breath so often it's a wonder I didn't suffocate. Crime fiction doesn't get any better tha
Miriam
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The third in the series and these books just get better and better, Mack and Nick are trying to solve the latest murders while dealing with a cold case and the investigation into Mack’s dad’s death. The story is compelling and gripping and the ending suggests that there will be at least one more book in the series. I would like to thank the publishers and Netgalley for letting me have the book to read and the opinions expressed are entirely my own views and are completely unbiased.
Priya
Apr 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is good but the plot twists became so convoluted just for the sake of it and the reasons given felt a stretch. The first half of the book is very slow with no action and just a change of scenes. The personal backstory of the lead character is brought into this book also. Hope the author puts an end to that, rather than milking it further and making it very complicated. After relishing two books this one is a letdown.
Luanne
Jun 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this third novel in the series. The plot twists were good and the characters continued to develop as the mystery of Mackenzie's past haunted her. My only reason for giving it four instead of five stars is the ending. I had a hard time with the ultimate villain. Although the rationale was explained well, it seemed extremely out of character with a weak trigger for the behavior. The novel was still satisfying.

I will look forward to the next book in the series.
Martha Brindley
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a thrilling and action packed series featuring Detective Mackenzie. in this one, three young boys go missing and Mac comes under investigation. really good character development, brilliant plotting, twists and turns and questions answered regarding Mac's background. Nothing more to add apart from enjoy the read! Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC. ...more

• Hush Little Girl (Detective Josie Quinn, #11)
  • Stolen Daughters (Detective Amanda Steele #2)
  • The Frozen Girl
  • Twisted Lies (DI Kim Stone, #14)
  • Flesh and Blood (DI Amy Winter, #4)
  • One Perfect Grave (Nikki Hunt, #2)
  • Dead Secret (DC Maggie Jamieson, #4)
  • Beneath Blackwater River (Detective Kay Sharp #2)
  • Third Kill
  • Last Day Alive (Detective Kimberley King #2)
  • The Killer's Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes, #2)
  • No Going Back
  • Save Her Child (Jericho and Wright Thrillers Book 3)
  • The Friend
  • The Blessed Bones (Detective Clara Jefferies, # 3)
  • The Fragile Ones (Detective Katie Scott #5)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Detective Kate Young, #1)
  • One Left Alive (Detective Morgan Brookes, #1)
University of Toronto, Ontario.

Detective Mackenzie Price (3 books)
  • Our Daughter's Bones  (Detective Mackenzie Price, #1)
  • Their Frozen Graves (Detective Mackenzie Price, #2)