Start by marking “Elizabeth and Darcy Beginning Again: a Pride and Prejudice variation” as Want to Read:
Elizabeth and Darcy Beginning Again: a Pride and Prejudice variation

Elizabeth and Darcy Beginning Again: a Pride and Prejudice variation

Little does Elizabeth Bennet think the journey across muddy fields from her home at Longbourn to Netherfield Park will change her life forever.

But an unexpected encounter with the proud and haughty Mr Darcy leaves her injured and vulnerable. Worse still, she is left alone with him for a significant amount of time. Her reputation at risk, she is forced to make a decision ab
Published February 2nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Elizabeth and Darcy Beginning Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elizabeth and Darcy Beginning Again

Start your review of Elizabeth and Darcy Beginning Again: a Pride and Prejudice variation
Sheila Majczan
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
The blurb only hints at half the story. Yes, the scene is set for a FMS when Elizabeth, startled by Darcy's horse while walking, jumps back and sprains her ankle. Darcy alights to help her and his horse gallops off when a lightening bolt, in turn, startles the horse. It then begins to rain, heavily. Darcy questions Elizabeth, as she knows the area better than he, about whether there is any nearby shelter as the trees they are under are no protection from the rain. She sends him looking for a gam ...more
J. W. Garrett
“Your reputation is in the hands of others. That’s what the reputation is. You can’t control that. The only thing you can control is your character.” –Dr. Wayne Dyer

Rating: MA: due to discussions of a mature nature. This was a compromised couple. Several characters were not best pleased with the situation and didn’t care about voicing their sentiments regarding how the manner should be handled. Angst level: medium to high.

“The reputation of a girl … is a delicate thing. Like a mynah bird in you
Shifra
For an aimless story it sure found a way to take up the pages and my time.

It's queer; The first 50% the plot is about a compromise and a void of chemistry Lizzy & Darcy warming up to each other.
description

Then at 50% an unrelated- not set up in the slightest- plot comes barreling in out of nowhere involving our dear Wicky. Which is odd, as I stress again, he wasn't even met nor mentioned in the first half beyond a quick synopsis relayed by Darcy to Lizzy regarding his sister.

The author must have realized
James S
Feb 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Mishmash of plots

So many plot lines, so few endings to them.

SPOILERS

Will Lady Catherine suffer nothing?
Will the highwaymen not be brought to justice?
Was Bingley waiting for the trial to be over before he would ask Jane and if so did he suffer any consequences?
Did Darcy put his head on the shoulder of tiny Lizzy and almost cry, in public?

I skimmed through parts of the middle because the constant drum of negativity never let up.

How could I enjoy the ending when Lizzy found a copy of the will at th
Christina
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Goodness! I am a sucker for a good “must get married” trope because I enjoy reading how Darcy and Elizabeth come to love each other. This novel by Elaine Jeremiah seemed a tad disjointed but it was a page tuner all the same that I think many Austenesque lovers will want to read. I look forward to more Regency stories from this author.
Michelle
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

A rather interesting and thrilling variation inspired by author Jane Austen’s classic novel Pride and Prejudice by Elaine Jeremiah. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Terri Conley
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a bit of a mixed bag of a book. The plot original from a lots of other books but I felt that in some places it got a bit lost in it's own plot.
But I did enjoy it for the most part.
Anna Marie Ordonez
Feb 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Mostly enjoyable!

I really liked the plot, it is one that I have not encountered before. My only complaints are that there were a few things left unfinished. It was intimated that Wickham hired the highway men to attack the carriage carrying Elizabeth and Georgiana to London, but the truth was never explained or revealed. The same persona that stole the wills indicating William would inherit Pemberly. Darcy’s solicitor’s housekeeper stole one copy and a maid at Pemberly stole the other, however w
Elle Wagner
This started as a forced marriage variation, but after the wedding the plot shifts completely and involves a secret from Darcy’s past.

I didn’t care for the drama of the family secret, and found the plot to lose any semblance of reality at that point. There were several red flags at the beginning that suggest logic may not be present in the plot - Elizabeth has a badly sprained ankle, but is going up and down the stairs for dinner/conversations, there is no explanation for the lack of Mr. Collins
Julieta
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book tackles two distinct plots. The first part of the book, which I enjoyed most, sees Darcy and Elizabeth grown accustomed to the inevitability of their marriage. The rest of the book deals with the events after they marry, when they are subjected to several attacks by Wickham, aided by (view spoiler). The continuum between the two plots is provided by E&D’s growing love. I felt at times that I had to accept, rather than be persuaded of, the main characters’ ...more
Rose
Feb 11, 2021 rated it did not like it
Tedious ...

And in short so many discrepancies with the period. The plot became quite boring and ODC were not the center of the plot. This Darcy is rather dismissive and the author wants to portray Elizabeth as strong but she just submits to Daddy's disregard. It was easy to see who was the real perpetrator early one but there is no resolution as to who, how and why in the end. Don't waste your time.
Adele
Feb 18, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ja-ff
I have to be honest and say I only made it half way. I just can’t like the characters. Each one is very shallowly drawn and there is not one that draws me in enough to care about what happens to them.
Also we all know that misunderstandings are part and parcel of the P&P storyline but these seem so unbelievable.
Just couldn’t move on to the 2nd half
Susan
A good read

I enjoyed the development of D&E's relationship. Wickham was particularly nasty. I would have liked to see Caroline and Lady C actually get their just desserts, but otherwise a fairly angsty but good read.
Michele Packard-milam
Okay Variation

This book trundles along at a calm, slow pace. It picks up some speed in the middle and becomes more interesting, but it’s a basic, generally well-written read without much depth.
Madenna U
After a compromise and forced marriage situation, Elizabeth and Darcy are must learn to find mutual love and respect. Of course, secrets, highwaymen, and legal proceedings make that difficult.

This story had some interesting parts, but I was frustrated with the characters at times.
Elisabeth
Jan 29, 2021 marked it as to-read
I would love to read the book. Jane Austen is one of all my favorite author. Great cover!
Philip Perkins

• A Fine Mind
  • A Year Without Summer: A Variation on Pride and Prejudice
  • Tall, Dark and Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • All That This Entails
  • Quitting the Sphere (No Cause to Repine Book 4)
  • Confessions of the Scandalous Mrs. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Elaine Jeremiah lives in England with her husband and their golden retriever. When she was young she wanted to be a famous actress and win an Oscar. Sadly for her that never happened.

Instead writing took over. She has written stories from a young age, winning writing competitions at school and praise from her teachers. Growing up she continued to write, inspired by events in her life and even drea

News & Interviews