Start by marking “Try Giving Yourself Away” as Want to Read:
Try Giving Yourself Away

Try Giving Yourself Away

A businessman decides to take up the "hobby" of helping others and writes a classic book of service, attention, gratitude and the joy of giving yourself away. This is an obscure little book, originally published in the 1940's that is a joy and inspiration to read. A real gem.
Published July 1st 1998 by Updegraff Pr (first published 1970)

Ashley
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The concept was simple - do things for others when you notice a need or a way to help someone feel good and so on. But I love how each concept was illustrated with anecdotes to show how we might implement this practice in our lives and thus be happier.
Vadim
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Хорошее рождественское чтение и вообще отличная книга! В этой короткой книге, которая выросла из заметки в Forbes, автор делится своим необычным хобби, делать небольшие добрые дела, и удовольствием от него.
Книга есть в сети в электронной форме.
Ar Kar
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
good
G Scott
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A small compliment can be a good thing.
Liz Kazandzhy
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a WONDERFUL book that will definitely improve your life and others' lives. My bishop recommended it to me when I asked what I can do to better serve those around me, and this book was definitely the answer. The author uses short chapters to explain simple concepts and offer examples that can help you "give yourself away" by helping others. I quickly summarized the chapters after I finished the book, and you can read them below if you're interested. I highly recommend it!

1- Make giving-aw
Barbara Lovejoy
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a favorite book I read MANY years ago. I wasn't able to find my copy when a man in my LDS ward who also loves the book asked me if he could borrow my copy. Therefore, I went searching and found a copy for both him and me at EBAY. I read the book again today--it only takes a few hours to read it--and loved it as much as I did the first time! So many wonderful ideas on how to give to others.
Matthew
Jan 18, 2013 rated it liked it
The essence of this book is be a good person. It has changed my life. Often that praise is coupled with books that they hardly remember. This book genuinly changed how I live. It gave me a different view on what it means to think about other people, and how you can give gifts and the effects it can have. It gets redudant after awhile though which is why I just gave it 3 stars. Great book and great author.
Andd Becker
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The author provides numerous examples of altruistic impulse-giving as a way to achieve happiness. Therein arises the eternal question: Are his motives selfish or altruistic? Is there such a thing as altruism? Or is altruism merely selfishness wearing a mask...
Linda
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous old, small book. If we would all read this little book, and follow the instructions/advice in this book, the world would be a better place. Written around 1947, the message is need now more than ever.
Fred   Provoncha
Dec 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites
I read it, then I lived it, I still do..fvp
Joanna
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the simplicity of this book.
Kim
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Life is not a process of getting, but a process of giving away. What can you do to make someone else's life better?
Luke Tielemans
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great book, easy read. Gives good ideas to make life better for people.
Faye
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy-read; must read again book. There are great suggestions as to how to give to others and find more happiness. Don't miss it!
A.J.
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-and-own
A great book on GIVING. I think that everyone should read this short book at some time in their life.
Sandra Means