Start by marking “Hof van zilveren vlammen (Hof van doorns en rozen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hof van zilveren vlammen (Hof van doorns en rozen, #4)

Hof van zilveren vlammen

(A Court of Thorns and Roses #4)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  37,224 ratings  ·  7,433 reviews
Sinds ze tegen haar wil Hoge Fae is geworden heeft ze moeite om haar plaats in het vreemde, dodelijke wereld waarin ze nu moet leven.
Daarbij kan ze de verschrikkingen van de oorlog met Hybern maar niet vergeten. En dan is er Cassian, die haar woede als geen ander aanwakkert, maar dat is niet het enige dat tussen hen speelt. Het vuur tussen hen valt niet te ontkennen en al
Published February 16th 2021 by Van Goor

To ask other readers questions about Hof van zilveren vlammen, please sign up.
Vasiliki Kentrou Denial, stalking Sarah's twitter for even the tiniest updates, endless re-reads of ACOTAR, ACOMAF, and book 3, trying to read other books to keep our …moreDenial, stalking Sarah's twitter for even the tiniest updates, endless re-reads of ACOTAR, ACOMAF, and book 3, trying to read other books to keep our mind distracted and failing miserably, and most importantly:

TEARS. ENDLESS TEARS.
description(less)
Bonner I hope it's a spinoff. I feel like Feyre and Rhysand's story has arched to a beautiful end. And honestly.... I'm kinda tired of reading about them. If…moreI hope it's a spinoff. I feel like Feyre and Rhysand's story has arched to a beautiful end. And honestly.... I'm kinda tired of reading about them. If SJMaas continues their storyline I'm afraid it will get all mucked up. Let them live happily ever after in Valeris.(less)

·  37,224 ratings  ·  7,433 reviews

Start your review of Hof van zilveren vlammen (Hof van doorns en rozen, #4)
Andreea Pop
May 07, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Fall 2018. The awaiting begins. Gods. Now I advise you not to read further unless you've finished ACOWAR -- seriously, what are you even doing on the internet if that's the case???

***************************************************************

I think it's high time we started the game of who will be featured in the next book? I mean, obviously, it's a healthy and not-obsessive past time hobby. Right? *smiles innocently*

Nesta & Cassian? Honestly, my money's on them. Maas loves them and there were
Miranda Reads
description
That cover reveal hit me.

The way this cover DOESN'T MATCH the series bugs me that much.

Ps. EVEN IF this Dollar-Tree-Mardi-Gras-plastic-mask-on-concrete WAS going to be the new style... why is it Lucien themed? This is Nesta/Cassian's story?? Lucien wears a fox mask for 50 years, has autumnal fiery magic...

UPDATE

Okay. So I know this is JUST a print but THIS was the cover I was expecting!!
Gorgeously made by StarsThatDream

UPDATE AGAIN!!!

She's going to make a dust jacket once th
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 25/9/2020: That cover is hideous. And it's so annoying when publishers change covers mid-series.

GUYS. Do you realize what this means?

Lucien will get his own book.

Nesta will get her own book.

Mor will get her own book.

chan ☆
Sep 01, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: problematic
i have decided in retrospect while i don’t think the new covers fit this series, the design is actually nice. and the artist definitely shouldn’t be harassed by ppl for doing her job 👌🏻
----------------

here for the butt crack play ONLY
Warda
May 01, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So, they really decided to go ahead with that cover??!

So you’re trying to tell me they actually sat there and thought, yes. This is it. This is the cover that will tell this particular story?!!

😒

After THE cover that was Crescent City, THIS is the best the design team could've come up with? Do not tell me this has significance.
Everything about this screams lazy.

WE deserve better.

—————————

TITLE! 😭😭😭😭 I can’t believe we get to go back to this world again soon. And be with these characters.

MY EMO
NReads
Apr 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I swear reading Sarah J. Maas feels like a battlefield. Your ships get destroyed by new ships constantly.
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
Spoilers hidden because I’m not a dick
This review gonna be a lili bit of raving about this book by itself VS ranting how it was as a continuation of Maas’s series

Honestly, my biggest challenge going into this book was all my preconceptions of this world and its characters. The stakes were high.

Cassian is one of the biggest favorites in the fandom

Whereas Nesta has a reputation for being a....

description

So going into it, the book was better when I tried to block out all the nasty shit in previous books
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
FYI: ONCE AGAIN! THIS IS A NEW ADULT BOOK WITH SMUT!!! THIS MEANS, DON’T READ THE DAMN BOOK IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ SMUT AND THEN RUN YOUR DAMN MOUTH! I DON’T READ MUCH SMUT, BUT I DAMN WELL KNEW IT WAS IN THE BOOK!! THIS BOOK MEANT A LOT TO ME FOR REASONS DOWN BELOW AND I’M TIRED OF ACCIDENTALLY SEEING A BIT OF CRAP REVIEWS. OH PLEASE, TAKE ME OFF YOUR FRIENDS LIST IF YOU DON’T LIKE WHAT I SAY SO IT WILL BE EASIER ON ME TO CLEAN MY FRIENDS LIST!! I’VE HAD IT WITH PEOPLE!! I WANT TO DEDICATE M ...more
jessica
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
going into this book, it already had two strikes against it:
strike 1 - i hate nesta with every fibre of my being

strike 2 - i hate the mid-series cover change to something so low budget
so not a great start.

but honestly, shame on me for doubting queen SJM.

she took a character i hate and made me admire, sympathise, and root for her until the very end.

i dont quite love nesta (i may forgive her nasty behaviour, but i will never forget it) and she wont be my favourite character any time soon (i wan
alana ♡
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
No one is a bigger Nessian stan than me...so imagine my surprise at this rating.

This review WILL CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS so please read at your own risk if you haven't finished or picked up the book. But to adequately rant (like, truly rant) about all the ways this book didn't work for me we just need to air it all out without an vague mentions of what went down in this book.

My biggest problem with this book started and ended with Rhys and Feyre. Y'all, I truly do NOT care about them anymore. The
Nikki
“Forgiveness is not that easy.”
“Forgiveness is something we also grant ourselves.”

So did I really wait three years for ACOSF only to binge read it in 14 hours with 0 sleep? Yeah I did and it was so worth it.

And before you start looking for it in this review, yes we find out what was in the box and yes we find out if they are mates or not but no I will NOT spoil those in this review. I also included links to the bonus scenes at the bottom.

SPOILERS BELOW

So I’m just gonna go ahead and say SJM
 Teodora
Update: Just saw the cover and two battling emotions kicked me in the guts:
1) What is this cover and how do I react to it
2) I'm officially scared shitless of this book
____________________________________

Not to be dramatic or anything but I'm not going to be able to breathe until February 2021.
Ana
1 star *will not change
EDIT: this kind of blew up so I just wanted to say that if you're one of those people writing essays in the comment section to try to change my mind: I don't care lol 😭 This isn't a speech and debate tournament...I'm just going to reply with a kpop song.
The following will contain major spoilers.
Nobody is surprised. I knew absolutely nothing would make this book good, save SJM deciding not to write it altogether.
Now, I have to make it clear upfront: I love Nesta. I really
Charlotte
In my pre-review of this book, I made some predictions. Now that I've finished A Court of Silver Flames, I'd like to revisit them and evaluate my prescience.

➼Prediction 1: snarling, growling and purring! Males and mates and scents!

Well, it's a Sarah J Maas book so...yes to all of the above. Yes, yes, a million times yes. This time we get to hear a LOT about people scenting each other's arousal, which is a fun treat. I don't know if that's a new invention or if it was the case in previous books a
Angelica
Did I read this 757-page novel in one day?
Do I have any regrets?

This was my most anticipated book of the year, which is shocking.

It's no secret that I don't like this series. ACOMAF and ACOWAR had basically no plot. Rhys and Feyre are annoying to me because they are perfect and have no flaws and that's boring. I literally could not care less about any of the other characters besides Nesta, Cassian, and Azriel. SJM also uses repetitive language, and I swear she gets paid per ellipsis. Ther
She-who-must-not-be-named
Quick Warning: Have an aspirin handy because what goes down in this book will mess with your heart.

No spoilers because I want you all to experience the heartache I did while reading this.

Reading this book felt like having a cold breeze brush my face after being out in the hot sun; of honey-ginger tea making its way down my sore throat. It gave me an adrenaline rush I don't think even confronting a Polar Bear would've given me.
A Court of Silver Flames is a masterpiece of epic proportions.

T
theburqaavenger➹
hardcore Nesta and Cassian fans need not engage. shoo !!

She drew up short. “I’m not afraid of anything.”

but you will be afraid of me when i rant about you. beach.

Let me first answer a few questions to make you better understand whether you should read it or not.

1. Will you like this book?
This book is too character driven. If you like Nesta, if you can tolerate her bitchy behaviour and even applaud it AND if you can tolerate Cassian talking about his ahm parts every two pages AND if
Lia Carstairs
ohmygod I'm sobbing that was so beautiful

All hail Queen Nesta and SJM for making me love her so much

My favourite ACOTAR book by far

I don't know what to do with myself now.

Like actually, I think I'm gonna be in a book hangover for weeks— no, months omg I cannot. This has to be the most times I've ever cried in a book I swear to god I'm still crying right now.

From the beginning of the book to the end...even the acknowledgments , all of it destroyed me. My heart—

This has been said many
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
All the Stars ⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️

I know a lot of people don't like her, but Nesta is my favorite ACoTAR character and has been since end book one/beginning book two.

I love female characters who are unashamedly prickly...who have defensive outer shells and soft inner cores...who secretly care that people don't like them...but also simultaneously don't give a shit.

Ever since Maas has been dangling the Nesta/Cassian pairing in front of us like so much chocolate, I have been dying for the the focus to be on
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
We have a cover and it's totally not what I expected it to be!
Mhmm... not sure if I love it or hate it! *lol*
I'm no huge fan of the colours that were used but I like the idea of the interwoven mask!
It's definitely something different than the usual covers though.

Let's see what 2021 will bring us!
_________________________________

So apparently 2021 is the year in which we'll find out in which kind of direction this next trilogy is heading.

Am I the only one who hopes this trilogy isn't all about
MischaS_
Jun 29, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A Court of Silver Flames and...? What? Are we missing half the title? Or is there a mistake? Is it supposed to be "A Court of Silver and Flames"? What's going on here? Help? Please!

EDIT:
#ACOSAF
Decided, I'll just keep calling this A Court of Silver and Flames.

EDIT:
Well, and now the cover? Why are they trying to make this separate from the original trilogy? But still, keeping it a part of the series?
I have to say that I really feel for all the people who already own the trilogy and now want thes
Hamad
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars
Not bad, I actually was entertained most of the time while I was reading!
RTC....
****************************************

Can you please stop judging people for the books they are reading!
P.S Neither loving nor hating SJM makes you edgy (>-<)

****************************************
So they decided not to publish this on my birthday and push it a few weeks forward which is Okay.

BUT WHY DOES THAT COVER LOOK LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED ON PAINT IN SOMEONE'S FREE TIME??
Robin
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love
↠ 4 stars

Nesta and Cassian truly deserve everything oh my god. I'm so glad I took a chance on this one since they were two of my favorite side characters in the previous books. They actually killed this. A Court of Silver Flames is everything you could possibly want in a novel, it's heartwarming, bold, and sexy. Three combinations I did not know I needed, but am very thankful for. Hereafter whenever I say that I don’t like the acotar series, this book will not be included in that statement. Also
Melanie
whew, okay, let's do thisssssss !!

[2021] i can't believe this comes out next week. what is time?

A Court of Silver Flames preorder promotion: If you submit your receipt at the link HERE, you’ll receive this exclusive enamel pin after publication in February. Open to the US, Canada, UK, ROI, India, and Australia!

[2018] I'm getting my wish for the next book! (view spoiler) 😈

1.) A Court of Thorns and Roses ★★★★
2.) A Court of Mist and Fury
krista ☽✧
‘’So live, Nesta Archeron."

“That’s the key, isn’t it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it … that’s the important part. To not let it consume. To focus upon the good, the things that fill you with wonder ‘’

'’ Tell yourself, I am the rock against which the surf crashes. Your thoughts are the surf. Let them crash over you.”

4.5 stars. Love the emotional journey , the mental health rep , the romance that doesnt just fix the struggels and trauma tha
P
May 05, 2017 marked it as anxiously-waiting  ·  review of another edition
More. More. More. I want more.
Mother Above ! How can I survive this after ACOWAR ?
✩ Yaz ✩
5 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It feels like coming home after a long journey.
That is precisely what I feel whenever I read a Sarah J Maas book. While Throne of Glass is my favorite series but ACOTAR is special to me. It helped me during one of the most difficult periods of my life and in particular, ACOMAF.

I have no words to describe the beautiful familiarity of returning to a world you know you have always missed.

I swear I could almost feel the gentle breeze of Velaris caressing me, welcoming me back while kno
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
✨ Finally adding this given that her July newsletter seriously implies that these additional books will be companion novels (view spoiler). I love everyone in the Night Court, so YES, I'LL TAKE MORE OF THEM ✨

She says she can't say... BUT she also says that the trilogy will be wrapped up, and if they're companion novels, for me it makes sense to keep the secret around them... Because OBVIOUSLY, if we know that there will be
Yumiko
Feb 20, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*This review contains no spoilers*

To the bitches that want to leave hate comments, by all means, please indulge yourselves. I could give ten flying fucks what you have to say. This is a review, meaning it is my opinion, so keep your shitty comments to yourselves. Thanks!

Let's get one thing clear: I am a hard core SJM fan. I have read and loved every book this woman has ever written. But can I be honest? Like really honest for a minute? This book was shit.

I hated it. I hated everything. Let's tal
I’ve been waiting for Nesta’s story since 2016 and it was such a bittersweet moment.

I absolutely loved it. I adored how Nesta worked on herself, how she hit rock bottom, how she learned to give herself time, how she re discovered hope within herself and accept love.

I loved how this book was structured and how her arc developed. I’ve been her fan right when I met her (me and Cassian share this) and I’ve never stopped believing in her.

I will, however, not lie and say this book was without its f

• A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3)
  • Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)
  • The Folk of the Air Series 3 Books Collection Set By Holly Black ( The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King, Hardback-The Queen of Nothing )
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Maybe, Forever (The Wave Runners, #1).
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • Lore
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • A Dance with the Fae Rogue (Married to Magic, #2)
  • Den of Vipers
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Crescent City, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Throne of Glass series. Her books have sold more than twelve million copies and are published in thirty-seven languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Philadelphia with her husband, son, and dog. To find out more, visit sarahjmaas.com or follow @therealsjmaas ...more

A Court of Thorns and Roses (6 books)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #6)

Articles featuring this book

Gothic romance, dueling family restaurants, West African magic, and much, much more! It sure looks like 2021 is shaping up to be a year of...
“Your power is a song, and one I’ve waited a very, very long time to hear, Nesta.” 57 likes
“Gwyn whispered, “I am the rock against which the surf crashes.” Nesta straightened at the words, as if they were a prayer and a summons. Gwyn lifted the blade. “Nothing can break me.” 57 likes