Start by marking “Something New: Reflections on the Beginnings of a Marriage” as Want to Read:
Something New: Reflections on the Beginnings of a Marriage

Something New: Reflections on the Beginnings of a Marriage

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
A funny and heartfelt take on what getting married is all about, Something New takes readers from one couple's engagement to their first anniversary.

When the love of her life slipped a diamond ring on her finger and said the magic words, Amanda Beesley entered the enchanted world she had dreamed of since childhood. If the reality doesn't always match the fantasy, Amanda qu
Published May 15th 2001 by Anchor (first published January 4th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Something New, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something New

Heather
May 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
It was okay, there were parts that were funny. But ultimately, the message is similar to other wedding books. "Its hard, but worth it." Reading it was like having to listen to a bride's entire planning, wedding experience, and then post honeymoon. I was definitely sick of reading about her marriage by the end of the book. However, I think it took courage to write about the part after I do, instead of just focusing on the pre i do piece.
Natalie
I think I would have appreciated this book more when I was dating seriously or engaged. I'm glad she shared about her relationship with her mom and how her illness affected her.
Sue Kozlowski
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir, non-fiction
Non-fiction. Good, quick read. Amanda writes about her 1st year of marriage to Nicky. Live in NY City but then move to the country. Her mother is just diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Mychal