Start by marking “A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5)” as Want to Read:
A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5)

A Time of Prophecy

(The Outlands Pentalogy #5)

In the years since Kitty, Nate and Thom escaped the Kingdom, the Plague has ravaged the population and the rebels have seized two of the northern countries. In an attempt to bring order to the chaos, the leader of the rebels, Nate’s old friend James, has agreed to hold trials for those responsible for intentionally leaking the Plague.

Unfortunately, the rumour in the Kingd
Published July 19th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about A Time of Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time of Prophecy

Start your review of A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5)
Dianne
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Rebecca Crunden’s final epic chapter in The Outlands Pentalogy brings everything home, as Thom, Nate and Kitty must not only face the day to day rigors of life in the Outlands, but the turmoil that arises between those they love.

As Kitty is brought into the Kingdom to face charges as “Ground Zero” for the plague that ravaged the land, truths become horrors when they are uncovered and Thom will risk his life to save her and put on end to the monsters on the Council. Can he do
Deepika
The last book in the series is like the climax of a book. If it isn't up to our expectations, then it would ruin the story. As "The Outlands Pentalogy" has already become one of my favourite series I had a lot of expectations in this last book 𝑨 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑶𝒇 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒄𝒚. What can I say more than this book is the perfect end to the perfect series and my love for this series had gone to its next level.

Unlike the other books in the series, this book has multiple pov from Thom, Nate and Kitty. The character
April Wood
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"... it seemed there was no way to be truly free of the lives they'd left behind."

A rumor has spread in Cutta that the Hangman's daughter was responsible for leaking the Plague in order to be with Nate, and in barely no time at all, Kitty is arrested and taken back to the Kingdom to answer for her "crime". While at the Kingdom, it's discovered that the Radiants captured by the Council are undergoing experimentation, but for what purpose this time? Later, the horrifying truth is revealed and it b
Heena Rathore P.
4.5/5

A Time Of Prophecy by Rebeca Crunden is the last instalment in The Outlands Pentalogy.

What a great end to a great series! OMG, what can I say? There are YA books which revolve around such petty conflicts that they are entirely cringe-worthy and go a long way in destroying the reader's trust in the genre itself, but then there are some rare gems, like this series, that come out of nowhere and restore your faith in a genre you thought was on the verge of being lost.

This book served as a great
Abigail van Pelt
Fantastic ending novel to the pentalogy. The stories really came together in this one and I loved seeing the characters continue to progress & evolve right down to the last pages. This series is highly recommended to read with relatable characters, real-life emotions and action, comedy, and love rolled up into a delightful packet of books. Kudos to Rebecca for achieving the challenging feat of writing a five book series that was enjoyable to read right to the very end.
Jennie Rosenblum
This collection of five books has been a joy and an adventure to read. The main characters pulled me into the first book and kept me coming back for more. While the book fits all the descriptive labels it has been given, it is also a book of crossing all the lines of diversity. The characters do not make the story so much as the story gives the characters life.

I was a tiny bit concerned as I read because the author once again had some elegant twists that I have come to expect in this series and
Loyal Lyre
SEPTEMBER'S BOOK OF THE MONTH
Sigh. The end of an era. Yet I feel like I've completed a journey with these characters, quite like the end of Buffy, where it ended just like it should have (until it didn't, but actually, still ended up pretty perfect).

Firstly, if you're not familiar with my general feelings on this series please see my previous reviews. Now you're all caught up, my feelings on the final instalment. And I'll try my hardest not to give spoilers.

In A Dance of Lies, our heroes (Nate,
Jessica O'Toole
I hate to have to do this. Put stars and words and stuff.

It means it's over. :(

Review to come - I'm experiencing issues with dealing with closure.

***

Let me tell you the most important thing about this series. I got to the end and wanted to go right back to the start and do it all over. Book 5 gave me the answers, but it also gave me a reminder of so many of the events that led up to it that I wanted to immediately revisit. This is a testament to the complexity of the world and characters that I
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 CRANKY STARS

BOOK 5 is finally here. You must start this series at the beginning for any of the action and characters to make sense. There is so much background information needed. This is well written and will keep you on the edge of your seat. It’s scary to think that the world could end up like this if we don’t change our way of thinking and acting.

The people they thought were friends and confidants have returned in hovers to arrest Kitty. They swear it is just for questioning but so far, no
Brenda
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes things are not as they appear. Has Kitty already been tried and sentenced in the court of public opinion before she has even had a chance to explain? Is Kitty responsible for all the deaths from the dreaded plague?
And Thom, always the fixer. Can he fix this by using the vast information he learned to use in his former life?

Once again Ms. Crunden has not disappointed. I cannot express how much I have enjoyed reading the Outlanders Pentalogy. Her writing style is superb. Her world buil
Daniela
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The much anticipated final instalment of The Outlands Pentalogy was well worth the wait. Great build up that kept me on the edge of my seat and the most perfect ending to a series that I have completely fallen in love with. I will miss this story dearly. Thank you to the author for creating such a magical world!
Meredith
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying ending to a series I'm definitely going to miss. ...more
H.K.
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant and engrossing. A perfect ending to a deep and well shaped world. Everything came together for these characters and many lessons were learned. I’m gonna miss these characters but I’m satisfied that they all achieved what was truly meant for them in the end. This is definitely a series that deserves a reread too. Kudos to the author for building such a fantastic world.
Kaila
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good.. awesome writing.. fun story.. not too bad.. it wasnt my favorite of this series but i did still enjoy this installment.. i really like this author and cant wait to read more.
Tavleen Kaur (Travelling Through Words)
A satisfying end to a wonderful series!

"A Time Of Prophecy" is the fifth and final book in The Outlands Pentalogy. It has been years since I have devoured a series this fast. I couldn’t help it. Not only was this a fascinating dystopian series, but the characters completely captivated me.

This book follows its own set of fresh events as well as ties up the entire series and the journey of the various characters. It takes us back to the kingdom, to Muntenia, along with some events taking place in
James
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, it's over :-(

I never put an emoticon in a review but I am sad that I will not be journeying with Nathan or Kat anymore and that's the best way I can express it.

Once more this was a very well written book by Rebecca Crunden, the story was fast paced and gripping and I was hooked on it until the end. Rebecca skilfully pushed through tropes that have come before giving a breath of fresh air to the genre.

I will now be on the look out for more work by the author and look forward to seeing if
Edward Z
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
–>I received a free copy of this in exchange for an honest review.<–

Kitty is taken in for questioning by the Rebels on who is responsible for the plague and everyone prepares to take the fight to the Kingdom...

Where I felt book four was too slow this one, however, moves at an incredibly fast pace. We see the characters deal with all their various trauma and manage to repair most of the relationship woes that have always been a huge thing in these books. It was nice to see them all finally just c
Lea Randall
May 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: dystopian fans
The final book in The Outlands Pentalogy! And what an exciting conclusion.

Pros:
- This book switches between the POVs of Kitty, Nate and Thom. It was nice to spend time with each character in this final book.
- Loved the ending of the book. I felt like all the loose ends were tied up and I was very satisfied with it.
- Great diversity in this book, both sexualities and races. Also did a great job handling tough topics like trauma, sexual assault and rape.

Cons:
- The first third of the book was
Linda Clark
Dec 01, 2020
Isabella
Jul 04, 2020

• Cinderella Is Dead
  • Undone (The Guardians, #1)
  • Meet Cute
  • The Space Between Worlds
  • The Hiding Place
  • Ingrid, The Viking Maiden (Viking Maiden, #1)
  • Something Real (Fortunate, #2)
  • The Night and the Land
  • Eldritch: Compendium of Strange & Dark Tales
  • Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #2)
  • The Widow's Thorn (The Glenaster Chronicles #2)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Separating You: A Self-Help Book for the Lost, Lonely, and Psychotically Obsessed
  • The Gatekeeper and her Guardian (Dreaming of Wonderland, #3)
  • 1816: The Year Without Summer - eBook (Unredacted Cthulhu Almanac)
  • The Witch of Glenaster (The Glenaster Chronicles #1)
  • Rain of Ash (Skydancer #1)

The Outlands Pentalogy (5 books)
  • A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1)
  • A History of Madness (The Outlands Pentalogy #2)
  • A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3)
  • A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4)