Start by marking “The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen” as Want to Read:
The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen

The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen

Most people will frown on a relationship between Dutch Owen and Marla Marie. Unless they were there from the beginning…

Dutch stole Marla Marie Smith when she was ten years old. She wouldn't say kidnapped because she willingly left town with him. She'd even swear on her mother's life that she gave him no choice but to keep her.

Thrust into a new lifestyle with Rachel and Sk
Published February 1st 2021

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen by Debra Kayn
    The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen: Age Gap Romance Saga

Release date: Jan 31, 2021
    Enter for a chance to read the age-gap romance saga that is captivating readers. Debra Kayn is giving away 100 digital copies of The Four Stages of Lo ...more

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 295 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 18 - Feb 28, 2021

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen

Start your review of The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen
    Elle Kaye
    Feb 03, 2021 rated it liked it
    WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blog
    First I want to say I love anything Debra Kayn writes, whether it's MC or something else. Second I want to say I have No Issues with age gap books, I read a lot of them. But I will say I did have some issues with this book.

Let's start with Marla Marie, when we first meet her I felt for her and admired how she fought to survive & fend for herself. Than as a teenager I just found her to be irritating. And really I thought as she got even older that her attitude didn't really change and I found h
    Googly55
    Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Sandra
    Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    I received The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen by Debra Kayn thru bookfunel and I'm voluntarily leaving a review.

Another hit from our MC Queen.
    This phenomenal saga was so raw, angsty, real and unconventional.

We start by meeting Marla Marie age 10 who since a young age has to struggle with being left alone and looking for food.
    Dutch Owen is 30 year old biker, who rides for WAKOM MC and he loved being on the open road.

**Warning Age Gap between hero and heroine**

At the age of 10 Marla is roamin
    Cheri
    Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Dutch and Marla Marie

What do you do when you find a dirty, skinny little girl literally licking catsup off a plate? You invite her to follow you and get her food. So begins STAGE ONE of their story.

She should have had parents looking for her or at least some adult. He followed to make sure. What he found led him to an answer to the question of how he would help his sister who'd just had another devasting loss in her life. Could Marla and Rachel fill the void for each other?

Dutch became her safe
    Nancy Lewis
    Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Dutch is not a man a 10 year should put their trust in, but Marla Marie doesn’t have a choice. There isn’t anyone else in her life that is making sure she has a roof over her head and food in her belly. Dutch wants to see Marla Marie is taken care of, but he can’t do it. He has responsibilities to the club that keep him away more than he is home.
    His sister is the perfect solution. She needs a child to love and Marla Marie needs a mother figure to love and care for her. While Marla Marie is well
    Momma Hellmouth
    Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: mc-biker, arc-author
    The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen is very well written with a unconventional story line. Debra brings characters together in a way that not a lot of authors can or will do. Dutch is Marla Marie's savior and not everyone will approve or understand their relationship. This is an age gap romance with amazing characters, tough times, difficult decisions that are made & some awkward moments that can only be found in an age gap romance. This is an all the feels kind of story as you witness just how ...more
    Caryn
    Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Unlikely made likely!

I always love a good hero and Dutch really fits the bill. He rescues a ten year old Marla Marie when he catches her ragged and dirty and eating leftover scraps. Dutch is 20 years older than her. This story takes us on their journey where he takes her to his sister to raise and eventually they marry and have children of their own.

In the past few books this author seems to be delving more into age gap romances, mostly very young girls. While I don't have anything against them,
    Maria Passia
    Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Dutch and Marla Marie meet under complicated circumstances. She's a young girl abandoned by her mother and forgotten by those that should have protected her. He's a man who only feels at home on his bike, deeply loyal to the club he has dedicated his life to. Dutch takes Marla Marie away from the only home she's known in order to protect her. Marla feels insecure and helpless in her new life, and Dutch is the only one she trusts and feels she can rely on. But being part of a motorcycle club has ...more
    Connie
    An unconventional love story that will tug at your heart strings. Dutch is Marla Marie's savior when she's ten only she didn't realize or feel that way at first. As a child all she could see was her mom never came back and she was taken somewhere to be cared for. Dutch is in a MC and he takes her someone he knows will take care of her. From there he becomes a constant in her life someone she depends on seeing and talking to. Someone she falls in love with the older she gets. Despite their age di ...more
    Dee
    Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    From the beginning I was drawn into this book. Dutch saving Marla Marie, following their path as she grows up, just had me from the get go.
    Even as gruff as Dutch was Marla Marie knew he would take care of her.
    There was times I wanted to slap Marla Marie upside the head for being so closed off from the people trying to help her. You get to be inside both their heads so to speak it helps understand why things are or happened the way they did.
    Debra Kayne you keep writing them I will keep readin
    Stacy Davis
    Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    This is yet another 5 star read from the amazing Debra Kayn! Dutch and Marla Marie’s saga spanned over years and just had all of the feels. To see Marla go from an abandoned 10 year old, to the young lady that falls for a man 20 years her elder was so exciting! The feelings were always strong, yet grew to something absolutely incredible throughout the book. It was a slow burn and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing both of these characters grow into their best selves. I loved everything about this book! ...more
    Michelle
    Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Dutch and Marla Marie’s story spanned over years and has a 20 year age gap between them. It starts off with 10 year old Marla Marie abandoned by her mother. Dutch finds her and wants to make sure she is taken care of so he gives her to his sister to take care of her. With him being in an MC he feels this is the best thing for Marla Marie. However, she only feels safe with Dutch. Through the years her love for Dutch grows stronger while he tries to stay away from her. Their story will take you on ...more
    Annette C
    Ok, if you love the bad boy Motorcycle Club genre, this was okay. Not particularly good, because I just can't get past their first meeting and the 20 year age difference, but not horrible.

I've loved some of her other books but this one was just not for me. I feel bad saying something negative about a book. Takes an author a lot of time and hard work to write a novel. I just can't think of anything nice to say about this one. Inappropriate, maybe. Boring, definitely. (I feel guilty, but save you
    Pam Schultz
    Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Great Read !! As usual The Four Stages of Loving Dutch Owen is very well written with an a great story line. This is an age gap romance with amazing characters, tough times, difficult decision, and lots steamy sexytime. Debra brings the characters together in a that not a lot of authors can do. There is always a smooth bridge in what should or could be some awkward moments for such an age gap.
    As you may imagine not everyone approved or understood their relationship. I personally loved the way t
    Amanda Belford
    Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Loved Dutch and Marla Marie so much!!
    We meet Marla at only 10 years old and follow her through the ups and downs into adulthood. Her constant love for Dutch never fades, even when he tries to do everything he can to keep her away.
    The drama, love, heartache, and fire between the two make for one crazy ride.
    Could not put this one down! I honestly loved everything about their story and I never wanted it to end.
    Johnnie-Marie Howard
    Shelves: r2r
    This was like nothing I have read before i loved it. From start to finish Debra keeps you on the edge. Dutch is alpha all the way and Marla what a unique name i dont hear often independent to a T she doesnt take crap from anyone. Watching their love story unfold is on of my favs of all time. The journey of the 4 stages was amazing and super entertaining. The word building is out of this world great. Characters even better. MUST READ. I couldnt stop i read it in a few days.
    JoAnne
    Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    A very well written and beautiflly told love story between two people who happen to have a major age gap between them but who are destined to be together. A story about soulmates and a fated love. Told from when they first met and how it all evolved. Written so one gets an understanding of how things came about and why it had to be so. Add in the motorcycle club and members and you have one awesome story.
    Trudy Dowling
    Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I enjoyed this story much more than I thought I would. Time does make things better. True love brings out the protectiveness. If it is meant to be it will. Age is just a number and the difference is what you make of it. Dutch and Marla Marie made it wonderful.
    Barbi Barnard
    Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Breathtaking

Watching the development of a lifetime-love grow is intoxicating. Dutch gives just enough of himself to Marla to keep her safe. Marla gives Dutch just enough to have peace.
    Carolina
    Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    What did I just read? I think I’ve read four books in one! Wow! Loved this book and Debra Kayn! What a talented writer. Take a journey with Marla Marie and Dutch! What a ride. This book has everything! Go read it!
    Diana Schroeder
    Pamela
    Rosa
    Liz
    « previous 1 3 next »

• Still Standing (Wild West MC, #1)
    • Repeat Offender (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #1)
    • Beast Comes Home (Devil's Blaze MC #7)
    • Don't Kiss the Bride
    • Dead Man Walking (The Fallen Men, #6)
    • Bound by Consequences (Ravage MC Bound, #7)
    • Savage Vow (Ivanov Crime Family, #1)
    • Condemned to Love
    • Depends On Who's Asking (SWAT Generation 2.0, #12)
    • Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0, #11)
    • Spark
    • Secrets We Keep: Ruthless Sinners Book 3 (Ruthless Sinners MC)
    • Wilder (Storm MC, #9)
    • Punching and Kissing
    • Saving Liberty
    • Growing and Kissing
    • Dead Man's Ink Boxset
    • A Deadly Chapter: A Castle Bookshop Mystery
    Debra Kayn is published by Grand Central Publishing, Simon & Schuster Publishing, Carina Press - Harlequin Enterprises Limited, and repped by FinePrint Literary Management. A member of RWA and a multi-bestseller, she has over sixty books published.

Believing everyone deserves to love and be loved, she takes the most unlikely characters and turns them into heroes and heroines.

She lives with her fa