Start by marking “Amor del Egoísta” as Want to Read:
Amor del Egoísta

Amor del Egoísta

(Egoist #1)

«Al principio quería jugar contigo… castigarte. Ahora… lo que quiero es desmoronar tu mundo y hacerlo añicos. Quiero aislarte, despojarte de todo, hasta que sólo te quede yo. Y recuerda, la culpa es exclusivamente tuya.»

AISLAMIENTO. SOLEDAD. UN SILENCIO INTERMINABLE.
Así es el infierno en vida del detective de policía Kuon Leiris. Su castigo por arruinar un negocio del D
Kindle Edition
Published by Seal Publishing (first published May 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Amor del Egoísta, please sign up.
Nero Seal Thank you for your question. At this point I really can't say how many parts there will be, but I can say that I will do my best to release part two e…moreThank you for your question. At this point I really can't say how many parts there will be, but I can say that I will do my best to release part two early next year.(less)

Start your review of Amor del Egoísta
Jan
**** 4.5 Stars ****

Why? Why there is no half stars in the moments I need it the most?
I like saving my 5 stars rates for books I'll remember FOREVER, books that take me to places, not always happy but nevertheless remarkable. Will I remember Love of the Egoist in a few years time? I don't think so... However, it nonetheless made a big impression.

Love of the Egoist has a story line a bit overused in the MF genre and I feel kind of jaded for this trope. Therefore I was taken by surprise here, big
Nazanin
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, abuse, dark, m-m
4 Stars

Told in dual POV, 3rd person, it’s the first installment in the "Egoist" series and it’s cliffy. This was my first read by this author and won’t be my last for sure. It’s an enemies-to-lovers story, a dark one. Well-written with well-developed characters and angsty. There is an age-gap between the MCs, loved both of them, yes I loved Yugo. Maybe it was hard to see his love but I could see it and feel it! Overall, I enjoyed this intense read and hope you like it as well! On to book 2!
Shin Mon Thway
My God!!!! That ending is killing me!!!!!!!! 😱😭😱😭 Undoubtedly one of the best “genuine” enemies to lovers books with Stockholm syndrome. But my god, what happened to Kuon???? I really really REALLY need to know. 😭 If you are thinking about reading this book, know that this ends on a major cliffhanger. Like MAJOR! 😱 I think I will be jumping up and down before the next book comes out. Don’t expect me to write a coherent review to write for this one. 😅 This is one of those rare ones which you gott ...more
Tionne
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance
I AM SO FUCKING MAD!!! To the point where I can't even gather my thoughts!!! So you're telling me, poor Kuon went through all of that shit?? All of those mixed fucking feelings and violence just for that to happen in the end??? Doubting himself, wondering why he felt that way about his captor just for it to end like that?? You know what? I wasn't gonna rate this because I wasn't sure how to rate it but now I fucking know. 1 star!!!!! 1 star for all the shit he had to go through just because he d ...more
Dia
My first book by this author and I enjoyed it. Well it's DARK, just the way I enjoy my reads. Angsty and shockingly at times. I promised myself I'll read more dark books in 2020, so for a start this one was right on my alley.

This story is definitely NOT for everyone, I advise you to read carefully the blurb and dive in knowing full well it ends with a chiffhanger.

I'm looking forward to reading more about Yugo and Kuon - I love their names! I'm glad the next book is already out!!
Gabi
I tried not to get attached, and feel everything they felt. That's the only way I can read a book like this. Tried to convince myself that these things don't happen in real life. And it was easier this way.

This isn't the kind of dark read where the villain has an ounce of good in him, where you think he is only a bad person because something bad happened to him when he was a child. Mommy/daddy issues, etc. And he was forced to do bad things. Where you think he only needs to fall in love with the
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Soooo... I wonder if English is the author's second language or this was originally written in another language and translated? There are some really strange ways of writing, expressions, punctuation that just are...STRANGE.

And also, what mafia dude says "cute"... sometimes the men in this series talk like girls. Very much a turn off for me.

2.5 stars rounded up since it's "free" on KU. Would totally be 1-2 stars if I had to pay for it.

Yet another rape and bondage/ abduction turned "love" of cap
Emma Jaye
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kuon's reluctant descent into Stockholm syndrome, even though he knows it's happening and that his growing feelings are wrong, is beautifully dark and erotic.
A controlled cop is captured by the man he is hunting for heinous crimes, but Yugo's conviction of his own self-worth, the rightness of what he's doing, makes for compelling reading. After all, if it wasn't for him Kuon would be dead, a moulding corpse in some dark alleyway. He saved his life, so now, the cop is his to do with as he pleas
Ula'ndi Hart
Book Cover: 3.5

At first I had a difficult time getting into the story. I’m not a big fan of the chosen style of writing. I have to admit. But, JAN gave it a good review so I went with that. What can I say? She has good taste and Jan dear, I share your wicked taste for dark things.

Needless to say, I’m not sorry I kept at it. Dammit! It sure packs a punch!

In my MF days I was quite a big Pepper Winters fan. I still love Q Mercer and I’ve not in all the time
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark
No matter how hard I try I know I won’t be able to give this book the justice it deserves.

This is a new to me author but I thought I’d give it a try as the blurb sucked me in. Never mind the blurb, the whole book sucked me right in.

Detective Kuon Leiris was trying to bring down a crime organisation when he was captured by ‘Black Duke’ Yugo.

Yugo is obsessed by his possession. Kuons strong will is put to the test by Yugo.

Be warned there is trigger warnings with this story. If your like me and
Jessica
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My First M/m Book. Oh. My. God. This book has left me with some soul searching to do.
Things that make me put a book down. Grammatical errors, guessable plots/ twists, bad adjectives/descriptors, repetition, writing I'm confident I can top. Not too hard to please me, eh? Well, I found one error, and nothing else on my list. I gave a double time shift to finish this. I've just closed the book. I've got my knickers in a hot, wet twist, and I'm pissed. So very pissed!!! Such a range of feels here,
CaRo
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What noooooooooo *uglycrying*
Joseph Tonlet
Holy hell! That’s some seriously dark, completely twisted, and utterly lovely shit right there! Whew!
Nadine Bookaholic
Nero Seal did an amazing job with this book. So much so that I never saw the ending coming, he had me guessing until the very end on what would happen and it totally blew my mind.....OMG what a friggin ending!!!

You can see my full #review along with the #booktrailer and be sure to #entertowin an amazing #giveaway here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Laura Hampton
This is the first book I have read by Nero and I have to say that I was very intrigued by the blurb and hesitant at the same time. It isn't too often that I get the chance to read a book such as this and it isn't for the faint of heart. The beginning of the book contains a trigger warning and all though I am not a reader who feels like these need to be done, in this case, it wasn't such a bad idea. All in all, I was excited and a tad anxious to read this book, but so glad I did in the end. There ...more
Nile Princess
So, I see this shelved as a mind-f*ck; it's really not to me. A mind-f*ck in my opinion implies active, intentional manipulation on the perpetrator's part, with some level of emotional detachment. I'm not really sure what this is. From the beginning, it's clear that Yugo is attracted to Kuon and all throughout the book he is really just trying to get Kuon to like him and go along with some kind of temporary , 'play house' romance. Things threw me off very early on when Yugo was all in his feelin ...more
✗✿Onfleek✿✗
“Are you not afraid to die? Then how about this: I’ll destroy everybody who touches you after me."
❌Rape❌Sadism❌Torture❌
❗❗❗👏👏Stockholm Syndrome at its finest👏👏❗❗❗

⚪Yugo is cruel and diabolical!
⚪This was not "Call The Coroner" or "The Captive Prince" where there was actually a spark between the captor and captive that leads to sex....
⚪Sexual abuse does nothing for me honestly... *cringe*
Eni
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noooooooo!! What happened? I need the second book right now!!! ;( ;( ;(
Kyuteepie
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deanna
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first strictly M/M read and I was blown away by the depth of emotion this author so brilliantly wrote. I felt through his words the horror and struggle from both main characters. I hated yet loved every dark word of this book and wanted more at the stunning end. I recommend this to anyone who is willing to step out of their comfort zone and try a taste of the other side. I am so looking forward to more of this story!
Chellabration
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My dear GR friend Dia read this one. When I saw it pop up I dropped everything to give it a go.
I do enjoy dark romance and I have to say...

I read this overnight (because who needs sleep)

How powerful the feeling of being needed. Yugo the Dark Duke was hooked and all it took was a delusional moment that Kuan no doubt doesn't even remember.

Kuan a detective with training in cases similar to his own current existence knew exactly what was happening but was powerless to stop it. In the end he suc
Ula'ndi Hart
Book Cover: 3

Second time around, because it was just that good the first time right?

I still love this book. That's pretty much it. I still think the author did a really good job here and I'm still really sad that there isn't a whole lot more of their books for us to read.

Kuan and Yugo... deliciously dysfunctional.

Book Cover: 3.5

KimberlyRose
Amazing. DARK. Mind the warning tags! The characters were both rough, raw, complicated and compelling. I will hold off on a fuller review until the second book is released (and gobbled up), because, yes, it's a part one type novel.

I've got my keen eye on this NTMA from Russia! Nero Seal has powerful ideas and character explorations expressed in evocative language. The pacing and scenes and character mindsets were just...! Right on. I was holding my breath.
axel.
Jun 16, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In my current moment this is not for me. It's dark romance and there's romanticization of various crimes etc. The author's other book I found ok, this one I find repulsive, weak, it sounds pathetic and a random character came in that makes 0 sense for the story and was just made to taboo and add to the rot. Maybe it's not my time to read this kind of thing, one day I'll try again, I think.

If it were a book about how stockholm syndrome develops and its effects it would be nice, but what to expect
MsMoxy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS for Love of the Egotist

Love of the Egotist is a Dark Erotic Captivity story about a detective, Kuon, who is captured by a sadist, Yugo.

Kuon has been working on infiltrating Yugo and his associates, better known as The Three Kings, to take down their criminal organization. Unfortunately for Kuon, someone has betrayed him and is now in the clutches of a sadist that finds Kuon so irresistible that he wants nothing more than to break this beautiful stealthy man. At first impression Kuon wil
LivreLover
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
When’s the next book out?

Brilliant ending but man I need more! I need to know, have to know. I got this through Kindle Unlimited but I may just buy it for myself.

So above is my first review of the book. I’ll admit I’m a selfish reader, I was less concerned with sharing an amazing book and more worried about when I’d get to read more. If that’s not a good endorsement I’m not sure what is.

Here we go, I did go out and buy the book almost immediately after posting this review and I don’t regret it
dreamerinexile
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, wrecked-me
Twisted hearts 5 gold stars

Nero Seal was introduced to me by my sister. And boy did I fall head over heals in love with his type of writing. Love of the Egoist is not an easy read, if you are not into dark stories, then this isn't a world you want to dive into. Mr. Seal had me bawling my eyes out by 14%, I felt my insides crumble and felt my heart break by 'the end'. My first foray into the mind of a male author who writes MM stories has definitely left a mark on me. Forever changed is how I'm f
Up All Night With Books
5 Shocking Stars
Review by Allyson
Late Night Reviewer for Up All Night w/ Books Blog

It’s confusing yet it makes sense.
It’s wrong yet painful.
It’s brutal yet beautiful.

“This was probably how hell was: full of pain, humiliation, and stretched time.”

Love of the Egoist, a dark vortex that sucks you in by Nero Seal. I was completely sucked into the abyss and held captive by Nero, thrown into a world where a safe-word is not uttered, “no” and “stop” won't stop the brutality that is upon you. The
Anja S.
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the debut of a new male author - and what a debut it is!

I have to say that I have never before read a pure M/M novel, but I really seem to have missed out. Both main characters blew my mind in the best of ways.

Kuon, a young detective with the Austrian police, works on a case of organized crime, one of the major players being Yugo, known as the Black Duke. Kuon finds himself taken hostage by Yugo, who not only refuses to let him go but makes him desperate for connection.
We follow Kuon on
Sparklin
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me. If your looking for a great read. You want to read this. It's unlike anything I have read before. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cold Hard Cash (Cold Hard Cash #1)
  • Call the Coroner (Staniel, #1)
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)
  • By Way of Pain - Criminal Delights: Assassins
  • Under His Heel (Under His Heel, #1)
  • The Psychopath
  • Sinner's Ransom - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • The Freshman
  • I, Omega
  • The Rat
  • Gilded Cages
  • Under His Control (Under His Heel, #3)
  • Just a Bit Wrecked (Straight Guys, #11)
  • Dig Your Grave (Staniel, #2)
  • A Kidnapping (Under His Heel, #2)
  • His Fake Prison Daddy
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Journalist, poker player, casino events manager, designer, and SEO specialist, Nero Seal tried it all before committing to the idea of being an M/M fiction writer. Living in one of the most homophobic countries in the world, he has a lot to say. Being an avid traveler, he creates his imaginary worlds from the places he’s been and the people he’s met.
Characters always talk in his head, forcing him

Egoist (3 books)
  • Obsession of the Egoist
  • Pursuing the Egoist (Egoist, #2.5)

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...
“Look, your gun is in my hands. Do pssshhew-pssshhew with your blaster!” The absurdity of this situation pushed Kuon’s self-control far beyond its limits. His head fell backward, and a loud laughter rocked his body.” 0 likes