Start by marking “Sole Survivor II: Drop Bears on the Loose” as Want to Read:
Sole Survivor II: Drop Bears on the Loose

Sole Survivor II: Drop Bears on the Loose

The first season of Sole Survivor has aired, a traumatized December Foss is trying desperately to escape her fifteen minutes of fame, and everyone thinks the drop bears are dead. Everyone that is except The Ark: a radical group of eco-terrorists with an axe to grind, and Joseph Steinberg, who still has plenty of them in reserve.

When the Ark release the drop bears from capt
Kindle Edition, Rewind-or-Die #23, 83 pages
Published February 11th 2021 by Unnerving

To ask other readers questions about Sole Survivor II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sole Survivor II

Start your review of Sole Survivor II: Drop Bears on the Loose
Cyn Delia
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
C'mon admit it...even if you won't I will...

I always wished that the old TV series Tales from the Crypt had...well, a bit more bite to them. Snark, sex, gore...the list goes on. And yes, some of those Crypt tales were fairly ground breaking at the time.

But guess what- lucky for me, and you if you dig those sorts of things, Unnerving has published a series of books called Rewind or Die that is all of those things and more and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm currently working my way though all
Steve Stred
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

After recently devouring ‘Sole Survivor’ in anticipation of book two, I preordered the release. I was able to kindly get a digital review copy as well, so I decided not to wait and read after it was out!

As book two picks up after book one, everything I mention from here on out may be a potential spoiler. I apologise, but in this case, book one must be read to understand what happens in book two.

What I liked: ‘Sole Survivor II: Drop Bears on
OutlawPoet
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chompy, australia

Welcome to Chompfest, Australia
Population: 100 bajillion things that want to eat your face.
Your chance of survival: Oh, you sweet summer child…is your will up to date???

Now, you don’t need to read the first book in order to read this one. It works on its own. HOWEVER – if the pandemic has you missing your annual new season of Survivor (and Jeff Probst’s dimple), grab the first book – you’ll definitely enjoy it.

If anything, though, this second book is even better than the first. This book is nuts
Angela Maher
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you thought the first Sole Survivor was a wild ride, hang on for this one. New twists and bigger stakes in this wonderfully Aussie-as gore fest. You'll never see Brisbane, or koalas, the same way again. ...more
Suz Jay
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
“The mutant koalas seen on the recently-aired Sole Survivor show weren’t naturally occurring like the show insisted, they’d been mutated; Frankensteined into existence.”*

The final girl from the first installment of Sole Survivor becomes the target of an animal rights activism group who blame her for harming the killer koala-like drop bears that slaughtered all the other contestants on the Sole Survivor reality show.

The book definitely delivers the promise of its tag line, “Bigger, badder, hungri
Iseult Murphy
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Bonza mate

Season two of Soul Survivor is bigger and bloodier with giant mutant drop bears taking on the city of Brisbane.
Hilarious, brutal and tense, Ashford knows how to deliver.
Bring on season 3!
Dale Robertson
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Those pesky drop bears are back! And causing more mayhem.

I was delighted to get back into this story- i wanted to know what December did after the end of the first book, and how another season was going to pan out.

The short answer is - not very well. Some radical animal group make a big mistake and all of a sudden chaos ensues.

Another well written jaunt through the Australian scenery, more death scenes to keep your blood lust satisfied and the return of someone unexpected! I liked the experim
Cheryl
Feb 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Bloody, fun horror novella

I received this novella as an Advanced Reading Copy from Net Galley. Because it is part two of a Survivor-type horror tale, I ordered the first part SOLE SURVIVOR from Amazon and started reading it. I thought there were some missing parts of the story but it took me a while to figure out I was reading part two with an incorrect cover and description.

Part two is an okay horror tale with killer koala bears in Australia. Bloody, gory - and this would be a fun Grade B horro
Adam Selby-Martin
Feb 06, 2021
Zee (Books With Zee)
Feb 21, 2021

• She Ain't Pretty
  • The Scorpion's Tail (Nora Kelly #2)
  • Who Will Save Your Soul?
  • Eight Cylinders
  • In Darkness, Shadows Breathe
  • The Malan Witch
  • The Cockroach King
  • Benny Rose, the Cannibal King
  • Survivor Song
  • Dawn Patrol: (Undead Ultra Prequel)
  • Children of Chicago
  • The Laws of the Skies
  • Red Station
  • The Burning Girls
  • Lakewood
  • Lords of the Deep
  • An Apocalypse of Our Own
  • Dead America - Ground Zero (Dead America Box Sets)
Zachary Ashford is the author of Sole Survivor - a novella of drop bear horror from Unnerving - and The Encampment by the Gorge & Blood Memory from Demain. His short fiction has been featured in Dark Moon Digest, the Elements of Horror: Earth anthology, Trickster's Treats 3 from Things in the Well, and Kyanite Press.

He's also a feature writer for Ozzy Man Reviews, an occasional blogger and a somet