Start by marking “A Remedy In Time” as Want to Read:
A Remedy In Time

A Remedy In Time

A new disease is decimating the large mammal population and is poised to infect humans. Its resemblance to a typhus from the last ice age is troubling, and so two scientists are sent back to get blood samples from the megafauna of the time, including the sabre tooth tiger.

Upon arrival, one scientist is killed and the other calls for help - but her rescuers are part of a ca
Kindle Edition
Published January 7th 2021

To ask other readers questions about A Remedy In Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Remedy In Time

Start your review of A Remedy In Time
Jessica Belmont
I LOVE Jennifer Macaire’s writing. I’ve read many of her previous books and I was so excited to see A Remedy In Time in my email.

This is a time travel novel, and my goodness, it is SO well written. We travel back to the last Ice Age and something this author does so well, is vivid descriptions. I was sucked in and felt like I was in the settings being described.

Time travel can be so complicated, but this book is not confusing at all. I was able to follow the story, and setting it down was imposs
Alison
Robin Johnson is a scientist who has made a study of typhoid. The year is 3377, the world is very different and is being ravaged by a deadly variety of typhoid which is 100% fatal. When time-travelling scientists believe the strain has somehow been brought forward from the last Ice Age Robin is hand-picked to be sent back 12,000 years to bring back samples that might help to create a vaccine.

But things rapidly go downhill. Robin's companion, the survival specialist dies almost as soon as they ar
Chitra Iyer
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First thing that I noticed was the writing style. Amazing, as usual! This one is the second book in the Tempus U time travel series.

The book begins in the year 3377 when the world is being infected with a mysterious virus. Robin is chosen to travel back in time, to the ice age, to find a cure for the virus. She has to encounter the many unknowns to save mankind and that forms the rest of the story. The idea is so fascinating, isn’t it?

Again, the book is beautifully written. It is absorbing and a
Lis Carey
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, f-sf, fiction
In the 3370s, the political map of the world, in particular North America, has changed a great deal. Robin Johnson, a biologist, and researcher for the Center for Environmental Biology and Ecosystem Studies at the Tempus University time travel lab, lives in the country, not the state, of California. A new strain of typhus, Typhus-77, is threatening the world, devastating large mammals and starting to attack humans. There's currently no cure. It's believed to be a version of a typhus strain that ...more
Jenna Rideout
I was granted complimentary eARC access to A Remedy in Time by Jennifer Macaire via NetGalley as part of my participation in a blog tour for this title through Rachel's Random Resources. Thank you to all involved in affording me this opportunity! This has not swayed my opinion. My thoughts are my own and my review is honest.

My full tour stop blog post will be live 28 January 2021 at https://www.westveilpublishing.com/?p...

The year is 3377 and Robin has a chance to travel back in time with the h
Sue
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Remedy in Time is the second book in the time travelling Tempus U series, but is is very different from the first book, A Crown in Time, which was for the most part a historical fiction novel based in Middle Ages France. This time around, Jennifer Macaire takes us on an action adventure mission going back thousands of years to the Ice Age.

Robin Johnson, scientist from the year 3377, is sent back in time to try to get some clues to help her discover a cure for a deadly virus that is killing tho
Victoria Wilks
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book we are taken on a journey to the year 3377, a year in which there is a deadly virus that is spreading rapidly and causing havoc all over the world. Scientists are desperately battling to create a vaccine but as of yet to no avail. They soon come to realise that the virus appears to be similar to one that existed in the past, and that the cure could possibly be found within the blood of the sabretooth tiger.

This is the point that we meet Robin Johnson, the scientist who is more than
Tom Williams
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Macaire’s books combine wild action adventure plots against a meticulously researched background. Her latest thriller does not disappoint on either of these.

Although I am pretty sure the book was written before covid, the background is scarily contemporary: the world is being ravaged by a pandemic with no cure. The best possibility of a cure lies in the blood of sabre-tooth tigers (smilodons) which studies have shown carried the virus and from which you could make an antidote. Don’t spe
Jena Henry
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would you like to travel back in time to the Pleistocene era? The Pleistocene is the geological epoch that lasted from about 2,580,000 to 11,700 years ago. Homo sapiens evolved during this era. We now live in the epoch that followed- the Holocene epoch, known as The Age of Man. And yes, I would love to travel back to the days of great woolly mammoths and saber-toothed tigers.

Thanks to one of my favorite authors, Jennifer Macaire, I can enjoy a vivid visit to the meadows, rivers and forests of th
Galina
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Remedy in Time by Jennifer Macaire is a science-fiction/time travel novel. It's a fast-paced, edgy and atmospheric read that will absorb you from the very first pages.
The plotline moves from the "present" (3377) to the last Ice Age. A deadly virus is taking over the world. It is a new type of typhus which can infect animals as well as humans. It does not respond to any typhus treatments, and starts to ravage the continent. Scientists call its clinical signs and symptoms disturbing. To better u
Melanie Farmer
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
So before I even comment on the novel, I think we should all take a moment to appreciate the gorgeous cover! Wow! I really love it, it really captures the essence of the book.

This is not a novel I would ordinarily have chosen to read, but sometimes its nice to read something outside of your usual genres. A Remedy in Time centres around Robin, a woman who is highly intelligent but with a murky past. In fact, she remembers almost nothing about her childhood. In the year 3377 this makes her a dange
Kath
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was drawn to this book as I am a big fan of Jodi Taylor and saw that they are a bit similar in genre and delivery. I was not disappointed!
We start in the year 3377 and there is a deadly virus running rampage, scientists are battling to develop a vaccine - sound a bit familiar lol! Anyhoo, the virus appears to be similar to a variety of typhus from the past. Enter scientist Robin Johnson who is tasked with going back in time to the Ice Age to get samples to assist with this.
And so begins a ter
Lauren
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the future, time travel is a tool of academia - expensive, but not impossible. With the world threatened by a viral strain of typhus with a 100% fatality rate, self-diagnosed sociopath Robin is sent back in time to gather samples that might kickstart the hunt for a vaccine. Unfortunately, corporate greed is timeless and Robin must survive the past to save the future.

Robin is such an interesting heroine. She's very unemotional in part due to a traumatic past that I'd perhaps have liked a bit m
Tayler
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm once again torn on how to decide on a rating for a book. It started off really well and I was very invested up until about the 50% mark, but then it started to fall a little flat. I guess you can't expect many different things to happen in the paleolithic times, but theres only so many smilodon attacks, or glyptodon encounters you can read before it becomes a little dull. There were some positives too, I loved Yah and feel like he should have had a bigger role. I just found the plot a little ...more
Samantha- The Paperback Collector

Part-survival story, part-time travel, part-prehistoric lover’s dream, this story follows scientist Robin as she is sent back ten thousand years from her present of 3377 A.D. A new disease resembling a strand of typhus from way back when is rampaging, taking out lives on Earth AND Mars, Humanity’s only hope of survival is to travel back and find samples of the virus from which to form an antidote
AJ
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. I got completely lost with Robin on her journey. Well written with a storyline that totally enthralled me. My first Jennifer Macaire book, but not my last.
Natalie
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible story from a brilliant author. Jennifer knows how to engage and move her readers like no other!
Mel Pretorius
Not my usual style of book to read but "A Remedy in Time" by Jennifer Macaire resonated with the current pandemic. Set way in the future time travel is possible. Could it be used to cure Typhus 77? Having not time travelled myself, I am unsure how realistic the process is and also having not lived in the times of dinosaurs, again I am unsure how accurate this is. However, this does not matter as the story is interesting, particularly the relationship between the main character and Yah, a prehist ...more
Simon Michele
Nov 24, 2020
Simon Michele
Dec 07, 2020
Jennifer Macaire
Dec 10, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Comer
Bonnie McDaniel
Jan 01, 2021
Sally Smith
Jan 27, 2021

• The Lake House (Love Heart Lane Series, Book 5)
  • The Invisible Case: A Sussex Crime - heartbreaking tragedy or cold-blooded murder (A Janie Juke mystery Book 3)
  • The Shape of Darkness
  • Morning Star (Red Rising Saga, #3)
  • An Ordinary Life
  • The Little Swiss Ski Chalet (Romantic Escapes #7)
  • by Chance : Poison & Wine, book 2
  • Shiver
  • Her Banished Knight's Redemption (Notorious Knights #2)
  • All Your Little Lies
  • The Cleaners (Faraway, #4)
  • The Wickeds (Faraway, #5)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • SOLO: A Down to Earth Guide to Travelling the World Alone
  • Editing Your Novel's Structure
  • Hazel and Gray (Faraway, #2)
  • Double Deceit
Jennifer Macaire lives in France with her husband, three children, & various dogs & horses. She loves cooking, eating French chocolate, growing herbs and flowering plants on her balcony, and playing golf. She grew up in upstate New York, Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. She graduated from St. Peter and Paul high school in St. Thomas and moved to NYC where she modeled for five years for Elite. She we ...more