Start by marking “Bob: And 6 More Christmas Stories” as Want to Read:
Bob: And 6 More Christmas Stories

Bob: And 6 More Christmas Stories

I have a tiny reindeer. He says his name is Bob. The winsome tale of Bob opens this book of seven Boynton Christmas stories. Using the colorful picture tabs, little children can choose the story they want to hear:

* Bob

* Merry Christmas Party

* The Star

* A Big Box

* Eight Wishes

* Wake Up!

* Christmas Lullaby

Every perfectly silly selection is just right for snuggling by, all De
Board Book, 18 pages
Published October 1st 1999 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Bob, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bob

Kaethe Douglas
2009 December 21

A perennial favorite. Who doesn't love that tiny reindeer?
Christine
This was one of my son's favorite books as a baby. I gave it to him on his first Christmas, and he proceeded to want it read to him every day for the rest of the year. We were both big Boynton fans in those early days, with the silliness of her stories, the bounciness of the rhymes, and the cuteness of the illustrations. Kodi's favorites were always Snuggle Puppy (read at bedtime for the first five years, never a day missed), and Bob the Reindeer.

This little board book (and one other Baby Einst
Jul 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was DS's first book from Nana. Since he was known as the "Bob" before he was born, it was very appropriate. The rhymes are very cute, funny and varied. The little song on the last page is nice, if not exactly a great tune. I change it up to be more natural to sing. Personally my favorite is "I Need a Box" (to put the hippo in the little dog wants to gift me with), but I think the song or "Wake Up!" are DS's favorites.
Jennifer Ware
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely my kids favorite Christmas book ever! They are now in their teens and the book is now packed with the Christmas decorations. It gets read to every little kid that visits us during the holidays! The art work is fabulous, too.
Gwendolynpatrick
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was...weird. This is an assortment of "Christmas" stories for bedtime. Though it is a board book, it's a little old for kids who are reading board books. It is also really bizarre. If you are a BIG fan of Sandra Boynton check it out, otherwise pass on this one.
Olivia
Nov 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
I would recommend this book if you are a fan of this artist or want to trick your kids into thinking you are going to read a lot of stories. The title is a misnomer because I don't think that rhymes that last two pages should really count as whole stories.
Garrett
Dec 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was just telling my wife that we should get rid of this book, but then we started reading Christmas stories as a family and this was the very first one that they wanted and that they could all agree on (ages 6-13).
Lisa
Dec 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love about Bob?
Skylar Burris
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Not bad as far as many modern children's books go, but not up to par for Boynton.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great holiday book to share with babies and young children. Love Christmas!
Barb in Maryland
Aug 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-books, keepers
Great set of Xmas theme rhymes, with that great Boynton touch.
Dana Vance-Markiewicz
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gone through two kids with this book. I know it by heart. But my christmas is not complete without BOB.
Debbie
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vivian-s-books
I love this book. So many ways to celebrate Christmas. Songs, stories and poems. We've read it all year long.
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Bob is a reindeer. He's hiding on every page. How could you not love this book?
Apr 27, 2015

• Cranberry Christmas
  • The Trees of the Dancing Goats
  • A Christmas Tree for Pyn
  • Mommy Hugs
  • Peter Spier's Christmas!
  • Christmas in the Manger
  • The Story of Christmas
  • Max's Christmas
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • The Little Reindeer
  • Are You A Horse?
  • Who Is Coming to Our House?
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more