Start by marking “The Agreement (The Darkest Lies Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Agreement (The Darkest Lies Trilogy, #1)

The Agreement

(The Darkest Lies Trilogy #1)

Criminal. Spoiled. Entirely out of control.

Roman Avdonin has heard it all. None of it stops him from crossing the line one more time. Sent to Chicago to answer for his wrongs, he’s an outsider beneath the cruel gazes of men who are nothing like his own. He should have minded his business and paid his dues—a better man would.

But then he laid eyes on her.

Karine Yazov.

She
ebook
Published March 1st 2021

Start your review of The Agreement (The Darkest Lies Trilogy, #1)
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it

What a tangled web this author has weaved in the first book of this trilogy. It completely boggled my mind and it has me deeply concerned. I figured that Roman’s story was going to be rough and raw but it was so much more. Roman was a hard character to warm up too. He was wild and reckless and not a great communicator with his parents. Enter Karine and her situation broke me. But when these two meet, which they were not suppose to, they can see each other, each broken in a different way. It was
Jessica Alcazar
There are TWO more installments. I need meds. Also, my heart is racing. *exhale* #help

When I say I went into this book completely blind, I mean it was pitch black dark, and I liked it! Every sentence was a surprise for me. I know some of you have been super fans for years and years, but I just got to the party, so I know relatively nothing. I know so little that I bought every paperback available to me back in January of this year so I could catch up. Well, I haven’t caught up yet, but I digres
Bev
May 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mafia-mob
This author's latest books have been a bit off the boil for me and given I have read and loved most of them that's saying something. However, she's definitely back with this trilogy despite me not liking Roman very much in the beginning. If ever there was huge character growth, it's Roman. That man amazed me.

I loved being back in BK's crime world of mob/mafia.
Izzie d
Mar 27, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia
Amz
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
BK has been my favourite author for YEARS. And I'm proud of her for trying something a little different here. But I really miss her old "formula." Her past couple of books have left me feeling disappointed 😔

---

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I've been waiting for like forever and it's finally happening 😭😭😭
Ari Reavis
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, mafia-mob
This book blew me away. I was already excited going into it because I was going to be reacquainted with my favorite Russians, but this story took me on a wild ride that I did not want to end. Roman was out of control and ended up getting himself sent to Chicago, where he should have just laid low, did what he had to do, and gone back to NY. But Roman was never the type to do as he was told. Especially not when he meets a girl like Karine.
Karine was an absolute mystery. You know that she's one hu
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
5 "Little Odessa’s Devil" Stars

It is no secret that I am a fan when it comes to Bethany Kris’s writing. With every book, chapter and word I can’t help but fall more in love with her writing style. When it was announced a brand new trilogy featuring Roman Avdonin a rich, spoiled coke addict who thrives on drugs, money, booze and sex I was hooked. He craves the darkness and is chaos in the cruelest form. But he is also trying to pave his own legacy instead of following in his families footste
Joelle
We loved this brand-new series, and we will admit for the first time ever we were contemplating if we were going to love these characters but, as always, Bk won us over with her amazing writing skills.

Roman at first meeting him we were like what a loser just another spoiled prince but, he proved us wrong and turned out to be something of a knight dressed in all black who lives in a dark and dangerous world and one who is more than capable of protecting Karine from those monsters who want to harm
Beeg Panda
he's a brat
she so damaged
hopefully he grows a pair
hopefully she heals
pity this isn't one book
now I have to get the next 2 instalments to see where this goes
ugh
Ladynikiw
May 21, 2021 rated it it was ok
Mafia? Yes! Wait… what? Multiple personalities? Bye. 🙄
Athena D.
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

I can't wait for more of Roman and Karine's story! The Agreement by Bethany-Kris is a MUST read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
it.sgottabethebooks
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Agreement, book 1 in The Darkest Lies Trilogy, had my mind reeling. I didn’t know what to expect and i was definitely surprised. The author delivered more thank just a Bratva story. It was complex and couldn’t have been more different than Roman’s grandfather or even father’s story. This rollercoaster ride is far from over and is gonna be wild and reckless. I look forward to more of this pairs story to unfold. Bring on book 2.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
SALE
→ On sale for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

dark

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

cover

Blurb:
Criminal. Spoiled. Entirely out of control.

But then he laid eyes on her.

Karine Yazov.

She’s forbidden—alrea
Hopelessly Addicted To Books
Ok Bethany I've finished and you expect to wait for another two installments nooooooo. This is a book where you will think you are getting just another mafia story but this is a deeply complex storyline and one that is best to go into blind. Roman is one of those guys who really are their own worst enemy. I alternated between wanting to knock him out or hug him. Sent away for his own good he should just do his time then go home a different man but no he has to make waves. I won't lie he is like ...more
 ♕ Isa_ Books & Tea _
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 ★

I always love Bethany kris stories. However,From my point of view, the first generation of mafiozio’s were the best. For the italians at least.

I won’t say the same thing for the russians. I loved Roman as much as i loved his father and his grand father.

The storyline was perfect and so interesting. The MCs were perfect and were perfect for each other.

I will definitely recommend this book!
Douilleny
Jan 23, 2022 rated it really liked it
I neeeeeed answers like what!!
Ri
Jan 30, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This author has a way of creating a story that starts out small but ends in a huge way. The story, itself, is riveting but when complex characters, and an intricate mystery get involved then it takes the story into another dimension.

So many twists that I didn't see coming. It ends at a pretty pivotal time after learning a big secret. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Suzanne (Lily)
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t add a rating nor a few words after I finished because I couldn’t come up with either. I read the warning at the front but I don’t usually have a trouble with challenging subject matter so I read on.

So much for bravado, it did make me squirm but not enough to make me regret reading.

I loved the chemistry between Roman and his family. The romance between Roman and Karine was inevitable but how it is going to pan out will be interesting. It’s not going to be easy to say the least. The end
Fiordiligii
I‘m aware authors evolve and all that but I’m missing the good ol‘ books by Bethany Kris. I can’t connect with her newer characters and plots, they have just become so dysfunctional and what’s worst, I don’t like the MCs anymore. I forced myself through this book, hoping it would somehow get better and grip me like some older titles but nope that wasn’t the case… so I won’t continue on to book 2 and 3 on the trilogy.
Janee
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Very unconventional take from Kris. This is going to be emotional kinda book or series.

I think Karine is going to give Roman the kind of life to live. At the start of this book it seemed Roman needed some direction.

Honestly excited to see where this is going.
A Klue
The first line in the synopsis says it all, my fellow mafia romance book loving friends. You have been warned. Roman, the hero, was a privileged, self-entitled, way over indulged by his family, coke snorting, mafia prince, young adult criminal who was spoiled and entirely out of control. So much so, I almost made the mistake of giving up on him before he had a chance to starting wising up and begin the journey of becoming the mafia made man he needed to be.

Honestly, I have to admit the early on
Aminah Ahmad
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"What good is giving someone the world if you haven't ruined it first to get to them?"

As always, another great read from BK. The Agreement follows Roman Avdonin, "Demyan Avdonin's pup." , a bratva prince used to getting himself in and out of trouble, and Karine who comes from a world shrouded in secrets and stories that have yet to reveal themselves.

Roman is cocky and brash with seemingly no cares for the chain of command within their world or his own well-being, "I don't think I ever
whatjtreads
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Bethany Kris is no stranger to mafia romance, and if you look at her backlist she’s written a ton. Still, she manages to surprise you with some plot twists in this one, and it will have you guessing at the many characters and their motives and the multiple perspectives that are to come.

This latest installment is the third gen continuation of her Russian Guns series, my most favorite of hers. It was nice to revisit Anton and Demyan, but exciting to get to know Roman. Roman is as charming as his g
Lavender
4.5 STARS

The Agreement is the first book in the Darkest Lies Trilogy. Roman Avdonin lives up to his nickname Little Odessa’s Devil. Cocky of course. A boundary pusher. Often bored with the status quo. Impulsivity and rage are Roman’s primary emotions, although not the only ones, but what Roman allows others to see. A devil’s game of smoke and mirrors…

Born into the Bratva life, the only son of the Pakhan, Roman broke from his spoon-fed privilege building his own successful business, but not witho
Gin
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Danger, suspense and heart throbbing romance! Nobody does mafia romance like BK! Intense, dark and full of danger as Roman is forced by a deceit to a place that takes him away from all he knows. He’s the spoiled Bravta prince from NY that’s out of place in Chicago. I didn’t like him very much at the beginning but a change of scenery makes the man. He morphed into a hot hunk with the smarts to toe the line just enough to get what he wants and stay out of trouble. Well, maybe. I was biting my nail ...more
Fictionlove_alwaysforever
Mar 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Why should you read this book?🤔
👇🏻
It has those “agreeable” 4💫💫💫💫

👍🏻Author Bethany Kris has done an amazing job with the background of the story, the plot and storyline🤩 The book has yumm-licious characters! Swooooooonnnnn...😍😋
👍🏻 An amazing plot, seamlessly blended characters, it has a very unique and interesting storyline that keeps you hooked!❤
👍🏻 Roman doesn't give a damn...not about rules, or boundaries. But what happens when he finds another lost soul? Karine is lost in a world of her own! Sh
Kira
I never would have started reading this trilogy if I had known what it was about going into it. I know it's a real disorder but it always feels like a cheesy plot device in a romance. I strongly suspected what was going on early on in the story because I've read a few romance books with this same mental illness.

Aside from that there were other issues. First of all Roman isn't likeable. He's a junkie who thinks he can do whatever he wants because of who he is. It wasn't surprising he ended up in
No Book Behind
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Russian Guns Series were the first Bethany Kris books I read by her. And to this day they are still my favorites. When she announced the trilogy that will follow Roman Avdonin story to say I was excited was one big understatement ...

The Agreement is the first book in the series The Darkest Lies. We meet an unrestrained Roman, who, following his own paths, quite often acts in terms of impulse, disregarding the awaiting consequences. Thus getting in a lot of trouble. Being out of control
Brigitte
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2021, romance, adult, mafia
What can I say? BK never ceases to amaze me. This is quite the start to The Darkest Lies. The plot development is something else. One that I never would have anticipated. Mind boggling!

Roman has been a naughty boy and as punishment, he is sent away. All he has to do is keep his head down and do what he is supposed to do and everything will return to normal. Right? Only he doesn't know how to adhere to rules. When he meets Karine, all good intentions go out the window. Only this time, he has bitt
Wafeeya  Razak
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Agreement is the first book in the Darkest Lies trilogy.Bethany Kris has done an amazing job as usual in penning the wonderful characters;complicated and broken but amazing characters.
Roman is an entitled Mafia Prince. He comes from a family of legacy and privileges . He is a complicated character who trying to find his way. He has a difficult relationship with his family esp. his dad and due to his reckless he got set up and is sent Chicago as punishment.
Karine is a complicated, broken and

• Don't Kiss the Bride
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Decadent (The Devil's Due, #4)
  • Bound (The Devil's Due Book 3)
  • Sweet Cruelty (Ruthless Obsession #1)
  • The Reaper (Dark Verse, #2)
  • Depraved (The Devil's Duet, #1)
  • Guilty Stars (The Five Families, #2.5)
  • The Devil Wears Black
  • Pokusa gangstera (Gangsterzy, #4)
  • Requiem of the Soul (The Society Trilogy, #1)
  • Bloodied Hands (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #1)
  • All Rhodes Lead Here
  • Tequila Rose
  • Che (Golden Glades Henchmen MC, #2)
  • Mafia Bride (The DiLustro Arrangement, #1)
  • Pocałunek diabła (Dziedzic podziemia, #2)
  • Depraved (American Street Kings, #1)
See top shelves…
The author of too many novels to count, Bethany-Kris is a Canadian, lover of much, and mother to four sons, a glaring of cats, and a pack of dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, a snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a spouse calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she ca ...more

The Darkest Lies Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Promise (The Darkest Lies Trilogy, #2)
  • The Marriage (The Darkest Lies Trilogy, #3)