Start by marking “Slapshot (Moo U, #3)” as Want to Read:
Slapshot (Moo U, #3)

Slapshot

(Moo U #3)

I’m banished to Vermont for a scandal that wasn’t my fault, and broke because my famous father cut me off. And did I mention my roommate stole my boyfriend? Yeah, I’m loving my Moo U experience.

Now I need a job, because this gel manicure won’t upkeep itself. The only available option is the last one I’d ever want--a job as the hockey team’s equipment manager. My plan is t
Published February 15th 2021 by Heart Eyes Press (first published February 12th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Slapshot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slapshot

Start your review of Slapshot (Moo U, #3)
The Romantic Rush Blog
What a charming, feel good story! I just live for Rebecca Jenshak’s new adult sports romances, and I was so excited to dive into this new world. We get a feel good romance, a heroine who does some growing, and all the fun I love about a college sports story- a team full of lovable goofs, parties, high stakes athletic moments, and young adults learning how to be adults, in love and life. While I’ve not read the other books in the series (yet), I loved all of the characters both big and small in t ...more
Carmen Rae
I just love it when some of my favourite authors come together on a project. Seriously what more could I ask for than Sarina Bowen's world and Rebecca Jenshak's writing? Everything Sarina Bowen has written I have devoured. And I couldn't get enough of Rebecca Jenshak's Smart Jocks series. So, this book being announced had me jumping with joy.

And with Sarina Bowen publishing them and doing the promotion I jumped on them before they had covers and blurbs and I'm loving every second of the journey.
Halle Reads
3 Stars 🌟

I really liked Lex he was so sweet, funny & kinda a goofball but boy was Kaitlyn annoying AF to the point that I kind of didn't want them to end up together. She was ok to begin with but as the story went on she became more and more unbearable other than that this was actually a super quick and easy read.

I loved the side characters and def plan on checking out the other books in this series written by the various other authors 😊
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

LENGTH: 6 hrs and 1 min
RATING: 4 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Gonna be honest here, when I read college romance I want to be that young again, when you're on the cusp of adulthood but still have the bonus of being young and don't know better. Enough rambling, let's talk shop.

STORY

Audiobook Review
Overall 4 stars
Performance 4.5 stars
Story 4 stars

This was such a fun and sweet sports romance. Rebecca Jenshak always manages to take my favorite tropes and twist them in just the perfect way making them wonderfully unique. Slapshot is book 2 in the world of True North Moo U series, but it can be enjoyed as a standalone.

I loved that Kaitlyn was a little older than Lex and that she was the more "famous" one. Things in Kaitlyn's past have left her wary and untrusting of others, and
ItaPixie
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

Slapshot was a wonderful read. I've freaking loved everything about this book, the characters, main and friends, the hockey, the plot, it was impossible to stop reading it.

Kaitlyn Dalager is a new transferred student at the Moo U, she likes to spurge money until the day she finds herself broke because her famous ex NHL player father cuts her fonds. She has to get a job quickly and her only acceptable choice is the hockey team’s equipment manager, so even if she came to despise everything hocke

Angie
Hard work for the win. Or maybe it's just love conquering all. I'm going to choose to continue to believe that love is like everything else--it works only as hard as you do. And I'm a damn hard worker.

4.5 Baby doll stars!

This book was such a nice surprise for me. I know I can always count on Rebecca Jenshak to deliver a sports romance with heart, but SLAPSHOT was like a warm bubble bath on after a long day at work. I settled into the Moo U world so effortlessly and loved every word of Lex an
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was such a good listen! If you follow my reviews, you already know that I love a good hockey romance and that I have really enjoyed Sarina Bowen's World of True North so I was eager to listen to this book. Rebecca Jenshak is a new to me author so I was also looking forward to sampling her writing. This book turned out to be a very enjoyable listen from beginning to end.

Kaitlyn is new to Moo U after a bad situation. She is livin
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

We're in Burlington, Vermont again!
Kaitlyn just started at Moo U - after being thrown out of her old New York school. And her famous hockey legend dad stopped giving her spending money until she gets her life on track again. So she needs a job.
And she finds it working as the equipment manager for the hockey team. She hates hockey! And hockey players. And Lex.
But of course she doesn't really hate the rookie - there's huge attraction on both sides.
But she thinks he only wants to get to her dad thr
Brandi
How have I not read a Rebecca Jenshak book before this?
Are they all this amazing?

Slapshot is one of those feel good, light, fun romance stories.

I. Just. Seriously? This was good. I enjoyed the banter, the chase, the chemistry. I am always a sucker for a hot hockey guy and the woman who brings him to his knees.

And if you're really feeling frisky, do the audiobook. The narrators NAIL THIS STORY.
Do it.
You know you want to.
Jessica Alcazar

I read the first three books in the Moo U series back to back and I don’t wanna play favorites but here we are *snickers*

I enjoyed this story tremendously! I love this author’s style and voice. I don’t have a whole lot of reading experience with her but what I have read has made me super happy. It also doesn’t hurt that I’m a huge fan of the True North World! One of the main things I love about a sports romance series is that you don’t just get to be captivated by the romance journey but also en
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
Lex and Kaitlyn were just good, old-fashioned, sexy, swoony fun!

Good gravy but Ms. Jenshak managed to capture all of my favorite things about sports romance: the bromance, the team camaraderie, the adorable athletic buffoonery, and the magic that comes from watching an elite athlete brought to his knees by his love for a woman. I die for this stuff, you guys. I gobble it up and keep coming back for more!

Lex was one of those heroes who made it absolutely impossible not to love him. He was so swee
maggieandteddy
True North spin -off- Kaitlyn- did you change my mind about you? Yes you did!
Ok. Goodreads. I dare you to delete this review again. Maybe you can learn from better websites
like Amazon and Bookbub.
Here goes again:
I really enjoyed this new look at Kaitlyn- the heroine in this book. She was a dorm-mate to Chastity in Heartland (Dylan dated Kaitlyn in Heartland).
In this book, Kaitlyn has to make her way & get a J O B. (gasp). She works with the hockey team.
Lex, the hero is a hard worker, who's a n
Beeg Panda
I started reading this because of her
I finished it because of him
he's utterly sweet and sweet and so sweet

“She just does something for me that I can’t describe. Being near her is a rush. Kissing her is a high. Loving her is the best feeling in the world.”

sweet..

Antonella
May 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it even though the heroine annoyed me a bit
this is a hockey new adult story with a heroine that appears in Sarina Bowen's Heartland the only book in that series that I haven't read..
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author but it definitely won’t be the last! I enjoyed every second of this book and it kept my attention from the very first chapter.

Lex and Kaitlyn were fantastic together. I really enjoyed Lex’s sweet and honest side. And I liked the contrast with Kaitlyn’s more closed-off nature and difficultly with all kinds of relationships. Kaitlyn’s dad is a famous retired hockey player and they have a complicated relationship. The progression of their story was a great part
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
***AUDIOBOOK REVIEW****

4 STARS

Rebecca Jenshak never fails to deliver a light-hearted sports romance that has everything I adore about the trope, and this foray into the hockey world was one of my favorite books from her.

Lex is absolutely adorable in every way, and generally sweet heroes are not my favorite but he worked for me. I loved that he listened to the heroine, that he tried to understand her feelings, and that even when he messed up, he actively worked to make it right.

Kaitlyn is a her
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

ARC received for an honest review

Just as the new NHL season is ramping up, so is my reading of my hockey hotties.

I loved that this second installment of the Moo U series focuses more on the hockey side of the things, more than that farm side (don't get me wrong, I love all the Vermonty-farmy stuff, but the hockey has my heart 💜)

Lex is just all kinds of swoony. How any girl can resist him is beyond me. And our girl Kaitlyn tries.

And lord, did she try me! More and more as I read, I wanted to
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Out today, 2/15/21!!!
4.5

I knew it from the first few times that he was mentioned in Blindsided and it was so good to have it confirmed: Lex Vonne is one of my all-time favorite male leads in a romance. First of all he's the perfect opposite to Kaitlyn. He's calm, he's steady, he's focused on hockey. For someone like Kaitlyn who has had trust issues her ENTIRE life, he is everything she needs (even if she thinks he's got to be playing some kind of game).

Kaitlyn. Man...it has been a while now sinc
Claire Annovazzi
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by the author! She writes new adult and sports romance like no other. College companionships are well described, with the teasing by the pairs, the parties, but also the loyalty inside the teams. With characters at a crossroads, when they’re beginning to realize that they must make difficult decisions for their future. It’s never too heavy, and this book isn’t either.

While Kaitlyn struggles with her relationship with her father, Lex is trying to find his place in the hockey te
Katie
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! The characters were great together! Everything flowed so well and it was a quick read that kept my attention. I loved the bonus epilogue at the end and how it connected to characters from other books!!
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
description
Slapshot by Rebecca Jenshak is the second interconnected standalone in the MOO U series (connected to Sarina Bowen's World of True North universe) and a brilliant addition to this college hockey world. This super sweet and adorable romance had me swooning right from the start and I quickly found myself completely lost amongst the pages.

Kaitlyn Dalager and Lex Vonne had an explosive chemistry that gave me all the feels and I couldn't get enough of
Books I Flove
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlyn and Lex meet at the rink, where she takes over as the equipment manager for the team. Cut loose by her famous former NHL player das, she needs the job, badly.
Lex knows hockey. He focuses on hockey, and has his goal to move up from 4th line.
Kaitlyn doesn’t want to have to do anything with the team outside the rink. But Lex slowly weasels his way into her life. He’s so sweet and swoony about the way he’s doing it, it’s quite adorable.
This is such an awesome & amazingly well written book,
Lindsey  Domokur
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads, arc
I love reading Rebecca Jenshak and was so excited to find out she was writing in the True North world.
Kaitlyn's roommate and her ex boyfriend are together now, so that's fantastic. She's just DONE with men right now. She transferred to Moo U from another university and is a hockey players daughter, so naturally, she isn't fond of hockey players. Her relationship with her dad is strained but when he cuts her off until her grades get better, she needs to find a job quick. Most of the campus jobs
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Spoiled rich girl meets devoted hockey player! Kaitlyn is starting over at Moo U after disaster in NYC. Her dad is hockey and Moo U legend who has cut her off financially until she shows him she is taking school seriously. So, she gets an on campus job...as an equipment manager for the hockey team. Lex loves hockey, but he is struggling. I enjoyed the story as I have previous college romances by Jenshak. She writes new adult well!
Sabrina
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Moo U Hockey book 2 and it was another great one! So I started this book and within the first few pages I was like something is familiar. Why do I feel like I know our main girl Kaitlyn... then I saw the names Dylan and Chastity and click! Roommate. Ex. Everything came together. So one thing to know about this series that is exists in the True North World that was created by Sarina Bowen. And Moo U was introduced in Bowen's book, Heartland, which featured Dylan and Chastity. Meaning we saw our f ...more
_booktopia_Gem
Nov 27, 2021 rated it liked it
You know what’s frustrating?? Starting a series with a bang and the next one is a little flat & lacking.

I have a love - not so love relationship with Rebecca Jenshak’s books so I have put this one off since loving the first book in the Moo U series. I absolutely loved her ‘The Fadeaway’ but some of her other books just didn’t hit the mark for me.

So on to Slapshot, the second book in an anthology of authors that all have a hand in writing about Moo U and the students within. This time round it’s
Michelle
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to, arc, 2021
It's official, I'm obsessed with Moo U. Rebecca Jenshak absolutely killed it in this second book in the new series from Sarina Bowen's World of True North. And the narrators of the audiobook? Perfection. Perfection to the point of seeking out other books they've each narrated for my next audiobook listens.

If you read Bowen's Heartland, you probably hated Kaitlyn like I did, so Jenshak had her work set out for her in making Kaitlyn likable and the heroine of her own story, but she did a phenomen
lowkeyreader
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved Kaitlyn and I loved her and Lex's story from the beginning until the end. Kaitlyn is trying so hard to not get kicked out again of college and to avoid hockey players. But when working as team manager is the only job she could tolerate, there is no way she could avoid the sport or the players.

If you can gather, Kaitlyn does not want anything to do with the sport because of her dad. She is very wary and skeptical when people come to befriend her. So the same applies to Lex when he approac
Cassie
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Rebecca Jenshak’s sports romance books. She always gives us plenty of sporty scenes, and I cannot appreciate her enough for this. Add in that she decided to dive into one of Sarina Bowen’s worlds, and this book was truly meant for me.

I would consider Slapshot a twinge of enemies-to-lovers, although it is entirely one-sided. Kaitlyn was a problematic character, but it is explained why she is that way. She had many issues to work through, and she saw that and even grew, thus growin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Bombshells (Brooklyn #5; Brooklyn Bruisers #8)
  • Sweetheart (Busy Bean, #1)
  • Waylaid (True North, #8)
  • Cowboy (Busy Bean, #2)
  • Cakewalk (Busy Bean, #3)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Touchstone (Speakeasy Taproom #1)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Heartwood (Speakeasy Taproom, #2)
  • It's Our Secret
See top shelves…
Rebecca Jenshak is a new adult romance author.
Sign up for her newsletter for a free novella: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon: https://goo.gl/6VtdGu
Facebook: https://goo.gl/ix1kB2
Instagram: https://goo.gl/MQw2FW

Moo U (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Boyfriend (Moo U, #1)
  • Blindsided (Moo U, #2)
  • Holdout (Moo U #4)
  • Gametime (Moo U, #5)
  • Overtime (Moo U, #6)
  • Halftime (Moo U #7)
  • Darkroom (Moo U, #8)
  • Playmaker (Moo U, #9)
  • Snowballed (Moo U, #10)
  • Goalkeeper (Moo U, #11)