Start by marking “Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)” as Want to Read:
Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)

Booklover

(Vino & Veritas #6)

Two guys meet over a stack of romance novels. Soon they're turning pages late into the night...

Jamie Morin’s college GPA drops every time a cow breaks through a fence, but he’s determined to get his degree and keep his parents’ Vermont dairy farm afloat. He’d rather be reading than milking, but he can’t let his family down…not the way his brother did. So the last thing
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 265 pages
Published March 29th 2021 by Heart Eyes Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Booklover, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)

Start your review of Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 5+++ Stars!! I'm impressed with the narrator selections for this series so far. Cooper North and Tim Paige did an amazing job.

Story - 4 Stars

Well this story turned out to me more angsty and exhausting than what I've read so far in the series. It was also a bit frustrating at times because I don't have patience for characters with martyrdom syndrome. I loved the MCs. They had great chemistry.

JE Birk is another author who deserves extra points for featuring an MC who was a bit pudgy. I lo
Rosabel
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I don't think I'll be reading the other two books that came out at the same time than Booklover, but this story was worth it for sure, the best one yet. 🥰❤

Everyone who loves to read will feel connected to this, is inevitable and since the story is enjoyable as hell, it's a well thought story. I'm so in love with all this farmers and in here we have one with cows, who wants to be a librarian and a guy who's running from his past and is working in V & V.

I really liked this relationship, the pace
Cadiva
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this one, I wasn't sure it was going to be one I would find myself enjoying as much as I did.

I don't often read books with protagonists as young as these two because often I end up losing patience with the lack of maturity which comes with life experiences.

However, Briar has a past which has given him a more cynical and weary approach to life and it makes him feel older. Jamie, although he's 20, has had responsibility thrust on his shoulders because of his family farm.

Th
Gustaf
Jun 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: sh-2021-tbr
I liked this well enough.

Both Briar and Jamie where quite interesting characters, they were both likable enough, had interesting lives and quite a few big flaws. Both men were carrying more weight on their shoulders than they could handle. Sometimes these flaws made me scream at them to just get their shit together, but it made for an interesting read for sure. My favorite part was being surrounded by books in the book. I loved the setting of the bookstore and the library. I loved reading about
JESSI ☾
Aug 29, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, kindle-unlimited, 2021
For some reason this book didn't really tick any of my boxes, I didn't dislike it at all. It was such a sweet story about two men who needed something, but they weren't entirely sure what that something was until it fell into their lap.

Jamie Morin is juggling far more than any twenty-year-old should have to. Going to college, working in the school library and helping on his families Dairy Farm is taking every drop out of Jamie. The one thing he has decided to do for himself is join a book club
ItaPixie
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

Booklover is the perfect story for book lovers.

I share the same love for Romance books as the main characters, and even if I didn’t have a troubled past or a messy life like them, I also escape into stories with a sure happy ending to forget real life for a few hours.

Briar came to Burlington for a new start, his old life put him in danger and he made some bad decisions with his old friends. Now he is the new clerck at Vino and Veritas bookstore and he can forget about his past. Jamie is a stud

Jessica Alcazar
I’m going to use bullet points to describe this book because at this point, there are enough wordy reviews that I don’t need to add to. Plus, I like this method best :)

1. Adorbs
2. Charming
3. Heartfelt
4. Insta visceral attraction with great build-up

And then it fell apart …. Briar has a complicated history that should have blended with the journey between him and Jamie waaaaay before it did as to not come across as rushed and frankly, a bit forced. His history came to blows in a cliché kind of way
Miriah
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
This book was not for me.

I hate forced farm work just because a characters family owns a farm. A lot of the plot revolves around how one character’s brother left the farm for school and how awful that was for everyone else, and all I could think was: good for him!

I also hate unnecessary drama, late plot health scares, and martyrdom. We get it all in this, all with an impressive lack of romance. There was a ton of internal dialogue in this and not a ton of relationship building. There was zero c
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Jamie + Briar.

Jamie's dream is to become a librarian. He just loves books.
But a lot of reading and studying-for-college-time gets stolen by his family's farm. There's always something that his dad needs help with.

Enter Briar. He's new in Vermont. He's working his dream job at the book-side of Vino & Veritas.

It's insta attraction between those two.

But two problems:
Jamie doesn't have time in his busy life for a relationship and Briar doesn't think he deserves it. He's afraid his past might catch
Denise H.
It's complicated. They meet at the Booklovers Club, agree on a few reads, and the hint of more is stopped by a "cow" emergency on the family dairy farm.
Jamie is tall, lanky, dark curly hair and brown-eyed.

He's in college to become a Librarian, but he also has to help on the farm, because his older brother had taken off and never came back, plus has a job. He carries a ton of responsibility.
Briar is a new resident working at the Veritas

Bookstore. He has dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, and n
ellie
Apr 01, 2021 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 38%

i really thought i’d adore this book. i mean, Jamie and Briar had every book lover’s dream meet cute— in a book shop, obsessing over their fave book? i mean what could be more perfect?

a lot of things apparently.

if i had known this was going down the FWB route, i wouldn’t have ever picked this up. it takes a lot of work on the author’s part to convince me that two FB can eventually fall in love. i feel like the romance is always way too forced and stilted, the couple never seem to actual
Larissa
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
*4.5 stars*

J.E. Birk’s Booklover is a departure from the other books in the Vino & Veritas series so far. Actually, it strikes me as a departure from M/M romance books in general. The book really doesn’t rely on any of the typical M/M romance tropes as part of the premise or drivers of the story. Instead, we just get a straightforward story with emotional complexity, a little action and suspense, and a whole lot of two guys getting to know and trust each other, and falling in love.

Jamie and Bria
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Awww, who doesn't love a book about a booklover?

Our lovelies, Jamie and Briar, are younger than the other books so far, but they are also more mature and know what they want in life.

But neither of them have it easy - Jamie is run ragged with work and school and cows - MOOOO! - and Briar is trying to escape his past, and has maybe, finally, found his place in the world.

They are so cute and adorkable and sweet with the love of their favourite books helping them
Nadine Bookaholic
I absolutely lost myself in this book, I was instantly grabbed and it didn't let go not even with the last page, I couldn't download the bonus content fast enough! Oh my between Briar and Jamie, I don't know who pulled at my heartstrings more. Briar had a tough life and he moved to Vermont with the hopes of putting his past in the past but unfortunately it didn't stay that way. And Jamie, this poor guy was feeling the pressure from everything crushing him down...school, working on the family dai ...more
Gabi
3.5 stars.

My first time reading J.E. Birk was a mixed one. Sometimes I would find myself really enjoying the book and other times I would be not interested at all. If I had to describe this in one word it would be long, even though this isn't long at all. On the other side, this review ended up super long, sorry! I just had a lot to say, ops.

It's told with double POVs, following the perspective of Briar (21yrs) and Jamie (20yrs) as they fall in love. It's also very well edited (one mistake that
Claudia Fosca Stahl
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Booklover is the sixth book in the Vino and Veritas series set in Sarina Bowen’s World of True North. It is a standalone and can be read without reading any other books.

Briar is new to Burlington. He has recently moved there to start a new life. He loves books and is delighted to work at the bookstore side of Vino and Veritas. He loves romance novels because they promise a happy ending, and decides to form a romance book club. And there he meets Jamie.

Jamie is a student at Moo U, and he also lov
Cassandra Martin
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a slightly suspenseful friends to lovers romance, and I love how vivid the author created the locations in this book. V&V of course, but also the rental house of Briar, and the dairy farm where Jamie grew up.

I love how this book centered around two characters that loved romance novels, and the book club that brought them together. It’s simply any book lovers dream.

“Happy endings, in books and real life, are always just stopping points before the next conflict comes.” ... “That’s why b
Caz
I've given this an A- for narration and a B for content at AudioGals, so I'm calling it 4.5 stars

One of the things I’m enjoying about the Vino and Veritas series is that it’s bringing a number of new-to-me authors to my attention, some of whom I’m planning on reading/listening to again. J.E. Birk is one of my ‘unknowns’, and with two such excellent narrators at the helm, I was happy to jump right in to Booklover, book six in the series. As I’ve mentioned before, all the books work as standalones
Ruth Kamau
DNF @52%

I put this down for like three hours and when I picked it up again, I knew I was not going to subject myself to it anymore. I stopped caring about the MCs, and I was not really looking forward to getting angry at them anymore.

I doubt I’ll pick this up again, and I feel greatly disappointed that I ended up not liking it. The book cover and the title gave me so much hope😓😓

I’ll be skipping the next two books in the series...and hopefully the other books in the series will be better.
Airy
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is one of my favourites of the V&V series! It was really really great. The chemistry was great and the story was very interesting!
Aimee Lou
I am so loving this series! And I love that I get to find new mm romance authors along the way. Birk is a new to me author.

We're back at Vino & Veritas. I love this wine bar/book store. This is Jamie and Briar's story. Two super sweet guys. Jamie grew up on a dairy farm. As much as he loves his family and the farm, dairy is not the business he wants to go into. Jamie loves books. He especially loves romances. His dream is to be a librarian. Then he walks into the new bookstore in town and spots
ButtonsMom2003
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, blog
5 Fantastic Stars!!!

Booklover is the first book I’ve read by J.E. Birk and OMG, I loved it so much! I confess that I wasn’t sure how I felt about it in the first chapter or two but it just kept getting better and better and I ended up loving everything about it.

This may not make sense to a lot of people, but one of the ways I measure how much I like a book is how much it affects me emotionally. Booklover had my emotions all over the place. Towards the end I was nearly sobbing – most of those wer
alyssa
The premise had so much potential (two booklovers falling in love while obsessing over a shared favorite author and later reenacting smexy scenes from said author's library of books?? *makes grabby hands* 🥺) and I wished so hard for it to be a hit but....a lot was just too much for me: too cheesy, too dramatic, too contrived.

Not to say it was completely off the mark. The beginning roped me in, the writing was smooth and easy to read (will give other works by this author a go), and we got a few s
Kaity B
Nov 26, 2021 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

This was cute, but didn’t have the wow factor haha.

I do think they acted a little more like teens than in their 20’s but they were adorable together.

The way that this was written was good, and it made me want to continue! I know I will keep my eyes out for more JE Birk books!

The narrators were great.
Chappy
These 2 guys tugged at my heartstrings in a big way. The fact that they both love romance book didn't hurt either ;D

Briar had a hard upbringing and that affects everything about him. He is reluctant to let Jamie in. Poor Jamie is hanging on by a thread and he can't see a way out.

They both lean on each other and slowly, some trust builds. I loved all the simple things like eating donuts and talking about books. The best was Jamie's dirty mouth.
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the sixth book in a series of stories written by a collection of talented authors and set in Sarina Bowen’s True North world. I am really enjoying the connections, and yet the variety of styles offered by the different writers.

This is my favourite of the series so far - but not for the reasons you might expect! I spent a lot of time closing my iPad and stopping from reading, because I didn't want to know how thin
Mrs. Schonour
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Everything else aside, I'd read it again just to hear the author talk about food. It's glorious! I loved the characters and really felt I got to know them. The perspective shifts between the two protagonists, which helps get inside their heads. It's hilarious that the characters are romance novel fans, and the book makes tender fun of its own genre in such a clever way. This is definitely an adult romance novel; it gets very steamy. It's clear the author knows the area and dai ...more
Tara Ramey
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series.

Written in dual first person POV. Good amount of M/M sexy times. The plot is fairly simple (overworked farmer/librarian/college student meets bookstore employee with mysterious, probably shady, past and they bond over books and pastries) and the book is low angst - Briar’s past is not as bad as it could have been. Can be read as a standalone, although previous MCs do make appearances. I did want a little more humor and more of a HEA instead of the HFN that we’re
Julie
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Equal Issues, until the Cows Come Home (ha)

Lots of issues with these two young men - both of college age. J.E.Birk manages to make the two of them equal in their issues. Often, one partner seems to have more than another. In this one they’re evenly matched. I do wonder what the heck is up with Jeremy, their friend. Will he feature in another V&V story?
Alisa
I enjoyed this one. It was sweet. Just a bit of conflict to keep the plot moving but nothing over the top. These two were great together and kind of adorable. It was my first time reading this author and I will definitely read something else by them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Jonty in Russia (Unfinished Business 1.6)
  • Getting Friendly (Never Just Friends, #3)
  • Fandom (Famous, #3)
  • Twist Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #6)
  • Order Up (Bold Brew #5)
  • Line Mates & Study Dates (CU Hockey, #4)
  • Puck Drills & Quick Thrills (CU Hockey, #5)
  • Fair Trade (Bold Brew #7)
  • The Quiet House (Black and Blue #2)
  • Off Key (Whispering Key, #3)
  • Silky Smooth (Bold Brew, #6)
  • Cup of Joe (Bold Brew #1)
  • Friendly Fire (Never Just Friends, #4)
  • Emerett Has Never Been in Love (Love, Austen, #1)
  • Encore (Famous, #4)
  • Vanilla Steamer (Bold Brew #4)
  • Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)
  • Extra Whip (Bold Brew #8)
See top shelves…
J.E. Birk was raised in Vermont and is now adulting in Colorado with intermittent success. She is a long-time lover of stories, and she writes and reads in worlds where imperfect characters find their happily ever after.

Vino & Veritas (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Undercover (Vino & Veritas, #4)
  • Aftermath (Vino & Veritas, #5)
  • Flipcup (Vino & Veritas, #7)
  • Hideaway (Vino & Veritas, #8)
  • Turnabout (Vino & Veritas, #9)
  • Unguarded (Vino & Veritas #10)
  • Insatiable (Vino & Veritas, #11)

News & Interviews

Hanya Yanagihara’s latest novel is actually three tales of New York.   In To Paradise, the highly acclaimed author of A Little Life and The...
“This is me going after what I deserve. This is me finally writing my own happy ending.” 2 likes
“Sometimes I just forget how to "people.” 2 likes