Start by marking “Luka” as Want to Read:
Luka

Luka

Luka makes a desperate wish and the earth shifts to his will. Regretting it immediately, he tries to undue the sorcery, but it is too late. He asked for hope, and to his horror, all the hope in the world is given into his keeping. He desires nothing more than to return this gift to the world.

Aethan wants to get his hands on the Well of Hope in Luka’s keeping. If he can ran
ebook
Published January 11th 2021 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Luka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luka

Start your review of Luka
Emily
Jan 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
I was kindly supplied with an advanced reader's copy of this book by the publisher NineStar Press however I really did not enjoy this book and I could not finish it. I had to put the book down fairly early in the reading process.

The thing that saddens me most about this book is the amount of potential the world and characters had, and the way it was wasted.

This brings me to my first issue with this book, it is the way it was written. The book did not read smoothly or make a great amount of sens
Christina Frøkjær
Jan 18, 2021 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.
Even though I'm not a regular romance reader I gave Luka a shot, because of the blurb. I however was sorely disappointed.

Definitely heed the content warnings for this one, primarily the sexual assault and incest warnings. These warnings are given as happening off the page, however, they are regularly mentioned throughout the book, including regular taunts from the abuser to his victims.

I enjoyed the story of this book, in partic
Eila
Jan 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
TW: rape, incest, paedophilia, pedarasty, torture, gaslighting, enmeshment
With warnings like that (and I don't make them lightly: these themes are persistent throughout and you can't skip past them as they're mentioned every few paragraphs) this novel would need to be truly groundbreaking and brilliantly written to be palatable. It isn't. This uncomfortable book reads like bad fanfiction with all the abuse tropes thrown in in lieu of plot. There's constant exposition and the two main
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was ok
Sarah Wilson
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Initially this book confused me slightly and it took to some concentration to understand what was going on but then very quickly i was enthralled by this book. There is a trigger warning for abuse, assault and mentions of incest in this book but it does add to the plot. The characters are also very diverse and that is always something appreciated in a good book. Definitely worth the read.
CR
Jan 21, 2021 rated it did not like it
I wanted to love this one with this amazing cover. But sadly this one just didn't work for me at all. This book has massive trigger warnings and I think that the note at the front of the story was perfectly done. But the story itself just didn't mesh with me at all. ...more
Maggie
Megan
added it
Appi
Dianne Hartsock
Jan 11, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Khadeeja ☆
is currently reading it
Kristy Johnston
Jan 14, 2021
After growing up in California and spending the first ten years of marriage in Colorado, I now live in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon with my incredibly patient husband, who puts up with the endless hours I spend hunched over the keyboard letting my characters play.
I have to say, Oregon’s raindrops are the perfect setting in which to write. There’s something about being cooped up in th

News & Interviews