Start by marking “Rise for Me” as Want to Read:
Rise for Me

Rise for Me

Vampire and warlock, Roman Lee, spent centuries alone as ringmaster of the carnival. After befriending and healing a scarred, young woman, Roman realizes Mariah is his mate. He waits for her, but when she departs from his life, his torture knows no bounds. Now he's risen, unforgiving and angry, forced from his grave by the one woman who captured his heart, but will another ...more
Published February 1st 2021 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Rise for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise for Me

Start your review of Rise for Me
Serial Romance Librarian
Sydney Winward
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Vampires. Modern-day gypsies. Two people destined for love. Rise for Me is the perfect blend of paranormal and romance, with a mix of vampires and darkness. I loved everything about this novella. It was perfectly paced, the details really pulled me into the story, and the stakes were high.

Kristal Dawn Harris excels at making exciting, sexy, and swoon-worthy heros. It was far too easy to love both Mariah and Roman, and effortless to immerse myself in the world the author created. If you love para
Lori Porter
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an arc of this book for an honest review. This book is really good. It’s a quick read that was perfect for an afternoon by the fire. Even though I read it quickly though doesn’t mean it wasn’t fleshed out. It was very well done and a had all the feels. I liked the characters very much and would love to read more from this author.
Robert Baker
Jan 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Not My Cup Of Cocoa

Before reading this review, bear in mind it is only the opinion of this one reviewer. You may have a completely different reading experience from me.

Rise For Me covers all the bases for lovers of vampire and fated mate paranormal romances. I suspect Harris’ steamy paranormal romance will delight many readers. However, I did not personally enjoy the read.

The Opening

Roman and Mariah are quickly established as sympathetic characters in the prologue and first two chapters. Roman b
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Roman had waited two hundred years for his mate and when he met Mariah as a young child he was surprised just how open minded she was and how accepting of his lifestyle in the carnival. When Mariah had grown up though they were drawn apart and deeply hurt Roman had gone to ground, wanting to bury himself with his agony. But now Mariah is back and determined that her short last time in this world will be with the only man she has ever loved.

I found this to be an interesting and well structured pa
Sara
Jan 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, arcs
Thank you to the author, publisher, and BookSirens for the advanced reader copy

I’m not going to lie, the cover of this novella was the first thing that caught my eye. For one, his eyes are bright green so I figured it would have to be something fantasy or paranormal which is right up my alley.

When I started reading this book I was a bit confused. The reader is thrown into an already established plot, which is referred to in the summary. So, I started out a bit confused but as the story progresse
Book Reviewer
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rise For Me is a thrilling paranormal romance novella that surprises me with the amount of emotion that is packed into so few pages. Although the vampire romance genre is dense, Rise for Me is still able to remain unique and bring something new to the genre. The story surrounds a carnival run by Roman, our alluring main character, who is the ringmaster, vampire and warlock. Our female protagonist is Mariah, a character with emotional depth, who becomes Roman’s mate after a spell was performed. A ...more
Sarah  Woodhouse
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Goodness, Kristal Dawn Harris has done it again! Another wonderfully sensual, ethereal love story filled with Vampires, Witches, and all things mystical! This book has a great mixture of my favorite kinds of romance tropes: paranormal, enemies to lovers, dominant bossy alpha males, and sassy females.

From the beginning, you feel this story wrap around your heartstrings and not let go. There is so much angst, longing, regret, pride, pain, passion, and satiation in these pages. Kristal Dawn
Dimitrius Jones
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying that paranormal romance is not my usual cup of tea, especially when dealing with vampires. However, I do love well-written paranormal fiction, and Rise for Me thankfully manages to fall into this category.

At only 78 pages, Rise for Me is incredibly easy to digest. It can be difficult to judge whether or not a quick read will flesh out its characters, but Harris manages to make her two leads interesting and mysterious. The “summoning an undead lover” hook is fresh and
Rachel
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
JohnnieA
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this novella focused on the relationship between a vampire and his mate. Roman is a vampire and warlock who owns the carnival. Mariah is his mate, but she left him at a young age only to return later in life, ill and close to death. She's determined to gain his forgiveness and release him from their bond thinking he could find love again. Roman healed her once before which only adds to Mariah's guilt. The story is filled with the angst of lovers denied. I liked the history behind Maria ...more
Pamela Street Gramlisch
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
My review of the book Rise for Me.

This is a Mild mannered Vampire Tale

Mariah Stone was born with a horrendous birthmark on her face. She was constantly ridiculed for it. As she grew older and feeling more alone she finds solice in a Gypsy carnival. There she meets the Ringmaster Roman Lee who happens to be a vampire. Roman realizes that Mariah is his mate. So begins the tale of the lost loves. This is a HEA.

This is an advanced review copy that I received for no cost and and I am voluntarily leav
Shawnae Aiu
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a hot vampire vs love mate. He’s still in love with her, she has come back to make things right. She regrets her choices and knows he’s the one. But she’s not going to be able to fulfill her desires. She has come to say goodbye. He’s brooding and barely comes above ground, she requests that he rise for her. What will happen if he does rise for her? What is her secret? Find out by reading this book, it’s a short story that will be hard to put down!! I received an advance copy for free, an ...more
Neena Bestun
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Well this is the first time I am reading one of Kristal Dawn’s work and I must say I enjoyed it very much. It’s a complete different experience but I liked it. First I kept getting distracted and keep forgetting that I even had this book in my Library but once I Started reading couldn’t put it down. I liked the style Of her writing it kept me interested till the end. I also liked the characters actually all of them specially Roman Lee. I am glad I chose this book and would be looking forward to ...more
Gurasees
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
(I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily)
Some books are good. Some are great. Some are excellent. This book is from the 'excellent' category. I loved the writing style. Although it was just 61 pages, it was informative. This book is highly recommended for vampire and warlock lovers.
Pamela Woodson
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book. Both vampire and warlock lovers will love this book. I am new to the author however, I am impressed with the flow and edge of the seat integrity of this book.

Trina
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
A quick read very romantic story. Loved the development of the characters and descriptions of locations. Felt there could have been more making the book longer. A happy ending which I love.
Phyllis
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. The storyline was captivating. I loved the characters. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Sherry Vaughan
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it
I felt like I was dropped into the middle of a series. I was confused and perplexed. I couldn't get into the story. However, the characters were good.
Eileen
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
A great paranormal love story. The start was unexpected but the journey to a happy ever after had just the right amount of angst for me. Nice!
Sunni
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Two broken souls find solace in each other. This was a beautiful tale of grief, longing, and acceptance, and I happy when Mariah and Roman found their HEA.
Kat Doran
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As a young child, Maria Stone faced ridicule and bullying over an accident of nature. In an act of kindness, Roman Lee a Gypsy as well as a vampire, saved her from a lifetime of abuse and pain. This simple act forged a bond between them—one neither was able to forget. Then, suffering from an aggressive form of cancer, Mariah returns to him, determined to die in his arms—the man she has loved all her life. One problem: she must convince Roman of her feelings and her love.

Though much to short--we
Booknerd_dragon (TANIA)
The book started with a good pace. A very fun, mysterious and interesting plot. Also to read about our main character and How guys mess up and how society fuck up our thinking of feeling content.

The book even gripped me into it till 5th chapter.

But pretty soon the book started getting boring and slow paced. It felt like only the 1st 5 chapters were supposed to get you hooked enough to read through the other chapters.

The book obviously had a pretty good plot though and even very strong world buli
Marilyn Barr
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Rise for Me” is another masterpiece by Kristal Dawn Harris. I’m a huge fan of her vampire romances and this book didn’t disappoint. This is a fresh twist on the Romani Vampire legend in that Roman our swoon-worthy hero has already met his mate and their relationship fell apart. He’s not pining over one he has never met but angry at the choices made by his true love. Roman’s complex situation and his soul-crushing decision to put his love’s best interests first make this book an emotional roller ...more
Komal Chhabra
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
🤗There are many kinds of books, but often you have to choose a certain part of life in order to understand it. Have you ever wondered if you should read something with some amazing scenes, the best stuff I met a book recently named "Rise for Me"

🤗For this story, the title is fully appropriate. It's appealing, I like the cover. The author has used plain and straightforward words and allows the readers to communicate what the author tries to.

🤗You let the story wrap around your heart and don't let g
Bewitch_me_please
Mar 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: magic, pirates
The story follows Roman the head of the group of gypsies and also a vampire. He found the other half of his soul, only for her to run away from him. A few years later Mariah, the other half of his soul comes back and tries to convince him that he is exactly what she needs.

The story is sweet, the chemistry is hot, the world building is so much fun that it is criminal to make this such a short story. This is not your typical vampire and finding his soul story with the usual tropes of vampires and
Ellen
Feb 14, 2021 added it
Mariah returns to her childhood home with secrets. She has cancer and is dying. She has one wish. To die in the arms of the man she loves but abandoned years before. He doesn’t know the reason she left and has been angry with her the entire time.
Mariah was different as a child and spent many hours at the visiting carnival that visited her town. She felt comfortable there as no one saw her imperfections. She had many years of enjoyment and acceptance by these people. But, her dad didn’t want her
Kelly Brennan
Feb 08, 2021 rated it liked it
I received this an advance copy of this book and am leaving my review voluntarily.

I am a big sucker for Vampire novels i just think this was lacking a bit more backstory. I felt for Mariah having to watch someone I love go thru what she was going thru personally. However they did they not have Roman, lucky Mariah :) I did enjoy the storyline and plot of this story. I just felt it would’ve been a little better told from each of their POVs and so we could’ve felt more connected to these character
Tracy
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I was surprised by how much story this author was able to get into less than 100 pages. The story flowed nicely and didn't seem rushed. Characters were quickly well established and there was just enough held back for it to be a real page turner. This is a sweet but passionate tale of two true soul mates who need to heal their future, forgive their past and ultimately seal their fate. Life, love, and magic make this an exciting and gripping supernatural/paranormal read.

I received an adva
Nikki H Stokes
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it
This brief story details the unfolding relationship between Roman, a vampire, and Maria, a child who grew up around Roman's circus.

Although the story unfolded well enough, it didn't provide enough depth to really connect with the characters and their struggles.

A sweet but short love story that's worth a read, but don't ask too much of it.

Note: I was provided with a review copy of this book free of charge, and am leaving this review voluntarily.

• Romancing Paris (Warwick Dragons, #3)
  • Playing with Fyre (Alien Dragon Shifters, #3)
  • Knight of Runes (Druid Knights #1)
  • A Farewell to Charms (Down & Dirty Supernatural Cleaning Services #3)
  • Wildest (Demon Hunter Romance #2)
  • Claw (Coven of Desire, #1)
  • Thieves of Fate
  • Return of the Raven (The Novels of Ravenwood, #5)
  • Taken by the Tiger (Alpha Claimed, #2)
  • Caught by the Wolves (Alpha Claimed, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to a Highlander's Heart (Lady's Guide, #3)
  • Knocked Up by the Beast (Kingdoms #1)
  • Fallen Warriors (Intergalactic Enosis: The Pyxis System, #1)
  • Siren's Call
  • A Warlock's Storm
  • Fishing for Trouble (Alaskan Diner Mystery #2)
  • Cozy Up To Murder (The Cozy Up Series Book #2)
  • The Earl and The Heir (House of Hale #3)
Kristal Dawn Harris is an award-winning, Rone nominated, American romance author. She has been married for 27 years and has two children. Kristal finished a degree from Miami University in Accounting Technology, but quickly realized she preferred words over numbers. She is an avid reader and, in particular, loves darker paranormal romance. Her hobbies include coin collecting, physical fitness, sta ...more