Jump to ratings and reviews

Mud Pies to Blue Skies: The Colorful Life of Randy Ray

GOING SOMEPLACE TO BE SOMEBODY

“I didn’t know where I was going. I just knew I was going someplace to be somebody.”

Randy Ray left home at the age of sixteen with less than two dollars in his pocket, hitching a ride to an adventure that has taken him around the world building a record-breaking billion-dollar enterprise. In Mud Pies to Blue Skies, Randy vividly describes his dirt-poor childhood: barefoot in winter, living in shacks with no electricity or running water, and eating mud pies to satisfy his hunger. He tells how a college education through military service was his springboard to a mastery of computer science, and an astonishing coup—a contract to develop the launch system for NASA’s Space Shuttle missions.

Randy, with wife Wendy Lewis, went on to create successful medical software companies before providing services for direct sales startups, which ultimately led to the launch of their own company, Jeunesse Global, and the development of a network of 675,000 distributors in more than 145 countries. In this down-to-earth memoir, master storyteller Randy reveals never-before-told episodes in his life journey and shares his secrets for success.

To commemorate his humble beginnings, all proceeds from the sale of this book will support Jeunesse Kids, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation, and its mission to empower kids born into dire circumstances.

Hardcover

1 book1 follower

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
0 (0%)
No one has reviewed this book yet.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.