Start by marking “Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)” as Want to Read:
Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)

Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  308 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
As usual, the Strega-Borgia family can't seem to get a break:
They've just welcomed a newborn boy Strega-Borgia into the world, but before they can give him a name, he's snatched and replaced with a demon baby. Mrs. McLachlan, the super-efficient (and supernatural) nanny is back, safe and sound--but so is the demon Isagoth, and he hasn't forgotten what he wants from the St
Published August 14th 2007 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published August 3rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Pure Dead Frozen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure Dead Frozen

Rayan Phillips
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My personal opinion on this book would always be seen through a pair of nostalgia goggles. I read this as a young teen, and as a teenager who loved abnormal and scary things I felt this book - the last in the series - was a good mix of abnormal and scary situations and child-friendly fun to end the story on. I have not gone back to it recently, so I have no idea what my impression of it would be reading it as an eighteen-year-old; I might develop a whole new opinion on it, but as of now I still ...more
Traci Haley
Sep 29, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol-worthy-books
The Strega-Borgia family is back, along with the collection of odd creatures, demons, and other hilarious characters that fill their lives. This appears to be (possibly?) the last in the Pure Dead series; if it is, the series goes out with a bang as the Strega-Borgias find themselves caught up in a battle between good and evil, featuring the return of the Dark Lord of Hades himself, S'tan, and his diabolical demon henchman, Isagoth. Debi Gliori once again weaves a fantasy that is both intricate ...more
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first half of the book wasn't as fast of a read (I had even set the book aside for a time) but the second half more than made up for it. Given the series has leaned toward magical beings and abilities throughout, it was a nice surprise at how a faith based element played a major part in the resolution of one of the toughest plot lines for this final book. It was fun to read about the Strega-Borgia family adventures.
having finished the series now, I think at the core of the whole thing is a very strong family feeling. the love between the parents, the love of a great-great-great-great-grandmother (cryogenically frozen) for her descendants, the love of siblings for one another, the parents for the children. one big family love fest! with dragons and nessie and a yeti and a crocodile who lives in the moat, and some witches. you know, just a normal scottish-italian family.
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
OK -- Now I'm liking the series, and this seems to be the last of it.

This was a great and very exciting story, and now that I'm understanding the author's writing style and humor, I definitely liked the book more than the first one I read.

Lee-anne Mager
good imagination
Jun 01, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
Clare Mac
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far the best in the series - I'm glad I finally got round to reading it!
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aka 'Deep Fear'
Jan 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
It is incredibly sad that this ends the series. These books are truly unique, very funny, & very enjoyable, & I really want to hear more about the characters.
Jun 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009
Love this series, I hope another book is coming soon!
Scott Williams
Helen C
Jul 26, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magicfantasy
Purportedly the last book in the Pure Dead series, why on earth the name change I don't know. Happily, Pure Dead Frozen is being released August 14.
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good for TABOB
Dec 07, 2008 marked it as to-read
Last of all the books can't wait!!!
Dec 31, 2014
Nov 27, 2014
Mod Deang
Apr 05, 2015
  • Escape from Castle Cant
  • Water Thief (Universal Companions, #1)
  • Soul Stealer (The Alchemist's Son #2)
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Curses and Ash (The Siren Chronicles #2)
  • Eight of Swords
  • The Vengeful Half
  • Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Shadows in the Darkness (Changeling Detective, #1)
  • The Secret Country
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
  • The Lighthouse Land (Lighthouse Trilogy #1)
  • Mirage (Above World, #2)
Debi Gliori (born 1959) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books.
She grew up as an only child in Glasgow, and when young began drawing and writing stories. She started writing children's books in 1976, and attended art school in Edinburgh from 1979 to 1984. She then received a travelling scholarship award to go to Milan, and worked as a freelance from 1984 onwards.
She is the author
More about Debi Gliori...

Pure Dead (6 books)
  • Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4)
  • Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)