Start by marking “And Ampersand: Short Stories on Endings and Beginnings (of a Sort)” as Want to Read:
And Ampersand: Short Stories on Endings and Beginnings (of a Sort)

And Ampersand: Short Stories on Endings and Beginnings (of a Sort)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Your death comes on slowly, while elsewhere, a nameless man fakes his own. Encased in glass, a young man navigates a world meant for those beyond. A mudslide washes away a once romantic weekend, and a childhood swim drowns all illusion of innocence.

These are but some of the tales in And Ampersand: Short Stories on Endings and Beginnings (of a Sort). In this collection of f
ebook
Expected publication: March 8th 2021 by Cedarbrook Books

To ask other readers questions about And Ampersand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Ampersand

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of And Ampersand: Short Stories on Endings and Beginnings (of a Sort)
Gregory Renz
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
And Ampersand: Short Stories on Endings and Beginnings (of a Sort) left me in awe of the poetic passages and emotion-laden prose. This collection of flash fiction and short stories will tug at your heartstrings and surely resonate with anyone who has struggled with losses in their lives. The author laces the stories with plenty of surprises that had me gasping out loud. To be able to say so much with so few words is a gift. And Ryan R. Campbell is indeed a gifted writer
Leander
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book from the author himself. If I have to be honest, I must confess I was a bit wary or starting this book. For lest it fall short of my expectations and disappointment set in.
But voilà! Was I surprised!
Not only did it keep me hooked for the entirety of it, it also reminded me of one of my favourite authors, Vladimir Nabokov. (If you've read his short stories, you'll know what I'm talking about).

I must confess, the premonition of disaster, which thankfully wasn't realise
Ivy Ngeow
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting. Minimalist and visceral, these American literary short stories address the themes of fatality, mortality and the continuum of existence. Campbell's prose is reminiscent of Hemingway and de Lillo. I highly recommend this collection. ...more
Laurie Buchanan
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The author tackles the subject of death with curiosity and grace in this book of short, thought-provoking stories that stay long on the mind.
Valerie Biel
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow—I’ve enjoyed this author’s other books, but these short stories pack a big emotional punch. Lyrical, thought-provoking, poignant, and memorable, you’ll appreciate the beautiful writing. Impressive!
Lacey Struensee
Jan 25, 2021
Ellie
Feb 15, 2021
Read 4 Review: ARCs Available: Works of Short Fiction 3 13 Jan 09, 2021 07:24AM

• Strangers in Death (In Death, #26)
  • Memory in Death (In Death, #22)
  • Salvation in Death (In Death, #27)
  • Innocent in Death (In Death, #24)
  • Promises in Death (In Death, #28)
  • Kindred in Death (In Death, #29)
  • Creation in Death (In Death, #25)
  • Born in Death (In Death, #23)
  • Survive the Fall (EMP: Return of the Wild West #1)
  • Labeled
  • Quickies mini book
  • The Woman in the Dunes
  • No Longer Human
  • عام السباغيتي
Ryan R. Campbell lives in Stoughton, Wisconsin, with his wife, Lacey, and their cats, Hashtag and Rhaegar. Together, they own and operate Kill Your Darlings Candle Company, which sustainably illuminates the lives of readers, writers, and their communities with their candles for the wordsmiths of the world.

The author’s work as R.R. Campbell has earned him accolades including finalist placement in t

News & Interviews