Start by marking “Not Even Close (A New Generation Series)” as Want to Read:
Not Even Close (A New Generation Series)

Not Even Close (A New Generation Series)

Bitter. Broken. Explosive.

He should’ve known he was in trouble the moment he heard that sweet laugh. Normally, something that sweet would’ve annoyed his bitter ass. Instead, he was drawn to it—to her—like he hadn’t been drawn to anything in too long.

He should’ve run the moment he found out she was just eighteen. Normally, he steered clear of girls that young and their dram
Published 2021

To ask other readers questions about Not Even Close, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Even Close

Start your review of Not Even Close (A New Generation Series)
Katie
Apr 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Overall solid writing. It started out with so many sweet moments. From one third in until the ending, misunderstandings and poor communication drove the storyline.

I did find it easy to keep putting down the book but I also would go back to it when I had the chance.

The pranks were a weird fit with the story-
Especially the one where Byron was breaking up with Vannah and she was laughing so hard when explaining it was just a prank. Everything about her character made that scene not make sense. Perh
Courtney
Mar 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Not Even Close is Elizabeth's newest release and the start of her next series – A New Generation Series. This series is bringing the offspring of her characters from her other series – the Moreno Brothers, 5th Street and Boyle Heights. You don't need to have read any of those books to start off this series.

I am actually torn on this one. There are parts that I love about this book and parts that really bother me.

Not Even Close is about Byron and Savannah (Vannah). Byron is Beast's brother and w
Beeg Panda
🎁Alex Moreno’s daughter and Beast’s brother !!!!
🎁Byron and Savannah’s next gen story!!!!
🎁AND he works at the 5th Street Gym!!!!

Alex and Valerie - Moreno Brothers book 2 - Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #2) by Elizabeth Reyes
Beast and Allison - Boyle Heights book 2 - Beast (Boyle Heights, #2) by Elizabeth Reyes

🚨NTS: neaten review: grammar / tenses / typo etc

✔️Third person POV for a change

Misunderstanding 🚩 no communication🚩misunderstanding 🚩no communication
🚩The usual pusual

Why don’t I stop reading at this point?
Because:
😭😍It’s Alex and Valerie Moreno’s daughter’s book and I’m not m
Harv Virdee
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The next generation series is finally here following on from the wonderful Moreno brothers, 5th street, fate and Boyle heights. A wonderful collision of worlds.

In this initial book we got to revisit all the wonderful characters we have grown to love in the Moreno brothers series, 5th street and of course Boyle heights. The different worlds have literally collided in the best way.

We are now getting to experience the love stories of the babies that we met in these books - the next generation. I c
Ivette
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
FIVE FAT STARS!

Elizabeth has a way with words that keeps you wanting more with every book she writes. Byron and Vanna's story was absolutely amazing. There was a few throat punches that I want to give Byron. 🙄. You are in for treat with a few great characters come back. I know it's only book 1 of New Generation but I already know it will be amazing series! Loved it!
Biancamarie Brown
Wow

I love this book. It had me on my toes a few times. What a great book. I love the story line. Cant wait to see who is next.
Joyce Martinez
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Reyes never disappoints when it comes to her books. This sweet and steamy story is what I come to expect by this author. Alpha male and a wonderful heroine that besides some obstacles or challenges find their way to a happliy ever after. Byron was introduced to us in Beast's story and had many of ER's readers intrigued. When she decided to write his story I was so excited that one of the next generation Moreno"s would be his love interest. Vannah kept me guessing who her Alpha papa wou ...more
Nicole
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

Wow! Just Wow! This book has it all. I could not put it down. In my opinion noone writes the drama that comes with interpersonal relations better than Elizabeth Reyes.
She gets the nuances and lays them on the page in such a way that the reader can feel every miniscule drop of emotion contained within.

This New Generation Novel, Not Even Close, is an epic start to a whole new set of adventures which includes characters we know and love or love to hate, in some cases. The connection of these
Frances Hernandez
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book blow me away! I wish I could give this book 10 stars!
Hands-down one of the best book Elizabeth has ever written . I couldn’t put it down. This book captured my attention so much when they laughed I laughed when they cried I cried and when they were sad I was sad and when they were happy I was happy when they were smiling I was smiling oh my goodness I just I can’t express how much I really enjoyed reading it!
This is a great beginning to the next generation Series.
I can’t wait to see w
Jewel
Apr 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love seeing the 5th street and Moreno family meet and join together. I love Savannah and Byrons story. Laughed and enjoyed.
Claudia Arensdorff
I already need a re-read!!!!

Not Even Close was absolutely amazing, it had me laughing, A little sad but most of all super excited about all of the things happening. All I needed was to keep reading because I needed to know what was going to happen next. Reading about the new generation was absolutely as captivating as it was reading about their parents. ITS A NEED TO BE READ BOOK!!!!! Definitely worth more than five start.... 😍💗
Tiffany Kirk
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another must read

Elizabeth has done it again. I loved reading every minute of the book. If you love her books, then you will love this next generation. I can’t wait to read the next one.
Mrs Darcy reads
Love!

In typical Reyes fashion this was was so entertaining and great to read! I also love that we are seeing the new generation and snippets of our old favorite characters!
Frances
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG, those pranks! I would be so maaaaddd if I had been on the recieving end of them. That first one though was VERY RISKY! I wouldn't have played with fire. ...more
Kelly Junior
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super hot

I loved this story with bryon. Savanah was great a character and her sister twins. Awesome next generation story to read.
Copper78
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this 2 stars b/c it was just ok. Reyes writes one book with different character names and she switches the details up. But it's all the same book with the same hero. The heroines are similar too. I have come to expect this so I don't actually have a huge problem with this. She has a formula that works for her. I just felt this book was not very well written. First, there are TONS of grammatical errors. I highlighted several. They are abundant in this book. Was it edited or proofread a ...more
Elizabeth Ospina
Somewhat disappointed. Grammatically, the book is a disaster. Needs serious editing. Storyline is incomprehensible. Pranks are immature, cruel to a certain extent. Alex, as portrayed in his own Morenos book, would never, ever consent to the final escenario described in this book. No comparison to Ms Reyes original Morenos Brothers series. She needs to up her game in this new generation series. I know time has changed since her original series, and also the new younger generation is different, bu ...more
Illa
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it

09-D57-B88-07-C3-4-EE4-8-BC3-326-BBD970384

The words use and overall review shouldn’t reflect personally on the author or any other of her series and books.

It’s been a while since I finish a book! Like maybe since last year or beginning of this year! But I surely like this one. I love this age gap range and it will surely go in my recommended age gap books list I have here in GR! I love how Bryson was romantic at times and she was a pretty cool Lead girl.

The reason this wasn’t a 5 stars is that Bryson was a bit too much at times an
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth Reyes keeps me coming back for more. I love the dynamics of her characters. At the root there is family. Having a family or building a family of friends gives a solid foundation to these characters.
This book falls under the category of next generation. We get to meet one of the daughter's of an original character from The Moreno series. from the beginning chapters I knew who she was related to and squealed with excitement when I got confirmation.
Vannah and Byron are possibly one of m
Karja26
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Epic Alpha-ness from Byron from the first page! Byron we know as Beast (Boyle Heights Series) little brother and he’s got a massive chip on his shoulder and trust issues when it comes to the ladies.

Vannah’s identity is revealed pretty early on especially if you’ve read Elizabeth’s original series and can remember the updated family tree 😬😬 I don’t want to give too much about her because trying to solve her identity was really fun. Elizabeth just loves teasing us with these secrets!!

Byron gave
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Not Even Close is a good read. It is a New Generation series featuring the offspring of couples from Elizabeth Reyes previous series but that really didn't mean anything to me because this one was my first read by the author. Byron is a little older and has graduated from college and runs a business. He has a brother he's super close with and a couple of friends who are like family to him. He has a pass and has his insecurities from it. Savannah is just 18 and starting out at college. I liked he ...more
Marcy
Apr 02, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
***3.5 stars***
I like this story and seeing the Moreno's again. It was really fun to see how they are now as parents. Byron and Savannah had a few years between them, but they did have great chemistry. I thought Vannah could be a bit naive at times, but she was a sweetheart. Byron was a typical hot headed alpha. It could be over the top sometimes, but not any different than the Moreno brothers when they were falling in love.
Stace
BETA READ

I won’t rate this until I read the revised and final edition. I had a LOT of problems with Byron and E.R. knows them all, but I was in the minority so I don’t think he’s going to change much....I’ll still try and read this again when it is “finished” because she does write heroes I do love....Noah and Nine are 2 of my faves. 😁
Samantha
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book fits with all of the others in intensity and fierce protection. Only reason it's a 4 instead of a 5 is due to more than a couple spelling or grammar errors. Otherwise, it's amazing.
Stephanie Hammack
Mar 25, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible

I really liked all the books about the Moreno brothers but this book was terrible. They were immature and in their heads to much.
Ashley
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Elizabeth Reyes books and have fallen in love with her characters. This book doesn't disappoint. Yet another brooding alpha and his temper keep you enthralled to the very end. ...more
Lucinda Ramirez
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous read! I love the Morenos and now we get to read about the new generation! There were a couple of things that had me 🤔 but the story was just amazing anyways.
Taylor
May 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cute
Melissa
Insta love. some steam but not super steamy. A lot of inner dialogue that was super repetitive. The guy was a little too controlling for my liking but sorta sweet in away.
Angie
Sep 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story!

I really enjoy this series and Byron’s story is one of my favs. I love how the 5th street series and the Morenos combine in this book.

• Reaper's Stand (Reapers MC, #4)
  • The Finish Line (The Ravenhood, #3)
  • Baby for the Russian Boss: A Mafia Romance
  • Push
  • Charmed by the Bartender (Modern Love, #1)
  • Stay with Me (The Crawfords, #1; With Me In Seattle, #9)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #5)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Enemy's Secret: An Enemies to Lovers Second Chance Romance (Love Comes To Town Book 2)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • The Game Plan (Neighbor from Hell, #5)
  • Truce (Neighbor from Hell, #4)
  • Until April (Until Her/Him, #10)
  • Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3)
  • One More Time (Ruby Falls, #2)
  • Fortunate Son (The Forever Marked, #1)
  • Wild Wind (Chaos, #6.6)
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate, Looking Glass, De Luca Boys series' and two stand alone novels Desert Heat, & Defining Love.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussion

News & Interviews