Start by marking “Sleeping Beauty” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  627 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Anne Garnett was a brilliant Los Angeles divorce lawyer -- tough, smart and untouchable. The vulnerable girl who had run away from her wealthy, influential family was hidden now behind the glossy facade of her high-powered career. Only the death of Anne's beloved grandfather could bring her back to the town he had built -- Tamarack, the Colorado playground of the rich and ...more
Published August 1st 1994 by Pocket Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Beauty

Adriana Melo
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Although the beginning was hard to get through with what happened between little Anne and uncle Vince I needed and wanted to find out what happened next.
It is very easy to fall in love with some of the characters including Gail, Leo, Eleanor and of course Anne. It was also easy to hate certain characters. I enjoyed reading about the stages Anne went through to grow into the independent woman she became and I had huge respect for Josh who was patient with Anne but nev
Ti Seta
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mostly got a 4 because it was such a long book to read. It took a while to understand it. Otherwise it would have been around 3 - 3.5 stars. Simply because there were a few areas where it was rather slow and dull before a big or eventful occasion occurred. Ending was brilliant. It was one of the reasons why 4 stars would suit it entirely. It's one of those books that will leave an imprint on you. Make you see things through different perspectives/eyes. Makes you really sympathize with the main c ...more
Saharatos
This book was really well writen. I enjoyed reading the changes that occurred over time, but it could be offensive to some people and should only be read by mature adults. The title does not really give the book justice. I almost didnt read it because I didnt like the title.
Paulina
Carol
Sep 15, 2009 added it
I like this.
Mauser
Questo libro mi ha colpita moltissimo.L'ho comprato quasi per caso acquistando altri titoli online e questo è stato aggiunto quasi come "bonus", non mi aspettavo di trovare granché, invece si è trattato di una lettura molto coinvolgente, profonda e ben scritta.
La storia è molto cruda, parla di caratteri troppo deboli per proteggere quelli che si amano, parla di violenza addirittura all'interno di una stessa famiglia, un clan di personaggi che si muovono lungo trent'anni di vita disseppellendo gl
Barbara Leuthe
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good family saga.The way the family reacted to anne you just wanted to slap them.Seeing the whole family through the ages was very interesting.
S.
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nadirkitap'tan alışveriş yaparken, kargo ücretini tamamlaması için siparişime eklediğim bir kitaptı. beklentilerimin üstünde çıktı, oldukça güzel bir romandı. günümüzün gerisinde, ağırlıkla (tahminimce) 80ler ve 90lar amerikasında geçiyordu. çocukken ikinci el kitapçılardan aldığım ve okuduğum kitapların tadını aldım. kitaplardan oluşan dağ yığınını erittiğimde bu karı-kocanın birlikte yazdıkları diğer kitaplarını da okumayı isterim.
Susan Ross
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, romance
This was a good book but a heavy read. I was stressed through the entire book. There were multiple characters and I like very few of them. I wouldn't read it again (which I frequently do) but it was definitely good for one read. I did not find the ending satisfactory (can't say why but suffice it to say it was not because of the romance).

I generally prefer books that make me smile and this one certainly did not. The subject matter is very intense which I guess means it was a very good book. Just
Kimberly
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up at a garage sale back when I was in 6th grade, because I thought it was actually about the fairy tale sleeping beauty lol. Ooooh how wrong I was lol. I got to the part that was "risque" (if you could say a rape scene is risque), got freaked out and vowed never to read that book again!
I decided, however, to read it when I was older and in high school lol, and it turned out to be a very intriguing book. Right up till the end anyway...everything was exciting and believable un
Carly Movius
Normally, I find romance novels really cheasy and predictable. But, his particular one has a lot of suspence within the story.

I knew what would happen with the story and could predict what characters would do and what would happen in the up and coming chapters and pages, but I wanted to see how the plot and story was going to be carried out. It was definetly one of those books that is a page turner and written in a way that will draw you back to the book until you reach the end.
Jody
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
2nd read. I did skim a lot of the Vince scheming since I remembered it, but I loved Josh and Anne and appreciated how slowly the authors allowed the romance to develop. Yes, it's dated in lots of ways, but I am glad the authors were brave enough avoid euphemisms for sex (Nora Roberts). I think I'll check out other books by this husband and wife team.
Emily
Apr 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book 5 stars; however, I have to give it 4 because of some subject matter (child molestation) that should be implied and not explicitly detailed in the book. I know that is an integral part of the book, but I had to skim that portion because it was just too much for me. Other than this issue, this book was well written, kept a good pace, and held my attention until the end.
Kristy
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is mainly about a horrible subject that many people shy away from or don't go into details, but this author tackles it perfectly. The way the author writes the main character and how she ends up moving forward with her life after the horrendous event of her childhood is inspiring. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Sharon
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a number of Judith Michael's books and while somewhat predictable they are always entertaining. This one had enough conflict going on to keep me turning the pages. While considered by most to be romantic suspense, the romance part is not overdone so that it feels like the mystery is thrown in as an afterthought.
Aimee
Oct 01, 2012 added it
This is one of my favorite books. It was so realistic and hearbreaking. I agree with one of the reviewers that the book should have focused more on Anne. Too much focus given to the politics story. I wish it also had a longer ending. A sequal would have been nice.
Bj Hoover
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think I like this book best of the Judith Michael books I have read. Just reread it and found it quite intriguing. I would prefer all loose ends taken care of at the end, but one can't have everything. I guess life is like that! I like their style in writing.
Manuela
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dlittle
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
ok read about a girl from a well to do family gets molested by uncle and tells family and then leaves. She goes to school and becomes attorney and then reunites with family. Uncle has become state senator and has hopes to become president.
Marianne
Nov 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put this book down. Some heavy reading in the beginning because of the subject matter, but the authors wrote poignantly about abuse, how it happened and what came of the characters because of a families "looking the other way".
Lenny Husen
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very moving and also entertaining, one of the best "Chick Lit" books I've read. This is a story about a woman who was raped when she was 13 and about her long road to success and recovery. A worthy, important topic and very well written.
Jacqueline
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book :)
Laura deLuna
why are none of the book synopsis things in English? the book description says its written in English but none of them are showing in English... theyre all in French or Spanish...
Cholera
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: litterature
Relu avec plaisir. Un niveau au-dessus des romans d'amour normaux.
Pas mal écrit.
Raffaella
Un harmony con qualche intrigo e pagina in più. Da spiaggia.
Debby Roberts
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Worth ready. Easy to read and follow. Definitely kept my interest I call this type of book "Fluffy"
Diane Wachter
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
HB-B @ 91, 3/92. A high-powered divorce lawyer returns to her estranged family when her beloved grandfather dies and is shocked to find that the old pains are resurfacing. Good.
Mannula
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved every minute of this book.
Ray
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
This was a great story of family strife, good and bad, and all comes out in the end.
  • Dazzle
  • The Movie
  • Lace II
  • Too Much Too Soon
  • Pandora's Box
  • Last Summer
  • The Crowd Pleasers
  • The Property of a Lady
  • Laying His Claim (The Protectors, #23)
  • Moonfire (Australian, #1)
  • Uncommon Knowledge
  • My Lady Beloved
  • The Beautiful Being (The Being Trilogy #3)
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • The Lonely Lady
  • Without Remorse Part I of II
  • Inventing Memory
  • Rightfully Mine
Judith Michael is the pen name of husband/wife team Judith Barnard (b. 1934) and Michael Fain (b. 1937).
More about Judith Michael...