Start by marking “Johnny's Girls (Ranger Paraversum #1)” as Want to Read:
Johnny's Girls (Ranger Paraversum #1)

Johnny's Girls

(Ranger Paraversum #1)

Could you fall for someone who looked just like you?

An apprentice Cartographer, working for a secret society in a city which has just barely made it out of World War II, Lina is just about to embark on her first job assignment in a parallel world. For her, the answer is about to become tricky.
Because Karol, the parallel world engineer looking for her help in a missing pers
Published October 30th 2020 by Shtriga

To ask other readers questions about Johnny's Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny's Girls

Start your review of Johnny's Girls (Ranger Paraversum #1)
Petra
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Thank you for your hospitality, apart from the murder... it was fun."

Let me tell you, I loved this book even if it made me realize that I know nothing about Croatian geography. Murder mystery in a locked room is one of my favorite subgenres and this book did it in such a cool and innovative way. I liked our main characters a lot and chemistry between them there so the relationship was very believable and felt natural (even though I felt a bit iffy about whole concept with dopplegangers). My abs
m7star
Oct 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wlw, favorites
A copy of the book was provided to Sapphic Book Club for free in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 5/5

Oh my GOD. This book was AMAZING!! It took me a while to actually start because of some personal life challenges, but this book was on my mind almost constantly. I'm not very familiar with Croatia, so I have to imagine that Croatian readers would be even more blown away by this book- although I'm impressed that's even possible!

Johnny's Girls follows two members (or "Cartographers") of a sec
Entazis
It was such a joy to be a part of this production. To borrow from The Boys: Girls get it done!
Johnny's Girls is a lesbian dieselpunk romance with locked room mystery, skyscrapers, parallel universes in which world wars never happened, gold and riches, and the town Rijeka like you've never seen it. Hop into this world hopping adventure with Lina and Karol.

Also, this book is a joke how lesbian couples look alike taken a bit too seriously.
Ana Cerovac
"Wait till you see the tower." She winked.
"What tower?"
"The Capuchin bell tower of Rijeka."

On the night of 8th of May 1945, Lina will pass through the paraversum portal and leave the post-war Rijeka for another version of her hometown, in which the World Wars never happened. Rich, cosmopolitan city-state, with its huge skyscrapers and floating vehicles, will capture her heart but her greatest surprise and challenge is bound to be her own double - Karol.

A great lesbian dieselpunk murder-mystery r
AntiCharles2point0
TuuPii
added it
May 23, 2021
Goodreads Librari...: Please update the cover 1 7 Dec 26, 2020 09:28AM

• The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Three (Ruins of the Empire, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire (The Legend of Korra, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars (The Legend of Korra, #1)
  • Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, #1)
  • Defending the Drag Queen (Face Off for Love #2)
  • Redshirts
  • Girls Save the World in This One
  • My Heart Goes Bang
  • The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grishaverse, #0.5, 2.5, 2.6)
  • Frederik Sandwich and the Earthquake That Couldn't Possibly Be
  • My Brother's Husband, Volumes 1 & 2 (Otouto no Otto, #1-4)
  • The Night Belongs To Us
  • Fall Through Spring (Winter Ball, #3)
See top shelves…
Vesna Kurilić is a Croatian writer and werewolf loving cosplayer who moonlights as a librarian in defense of all things romance and queer.

Her recent release is the sapphic alternative historical romantic suspense Girls in Black, the second book in her series Ranger Paraversum.

She reads a lot of romance, some mystery and the occasional SF/F series. To find out more, including the up-to-date status

Ranger Paraversum (2 books)
  • Girls in Black (Ranger Paraversum #2)