Start by marking “Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)

Wish

(Scales 'n' Spells #2.5)

North has a map of Europe, a dragon scale, and a little bit of magic.

He’s currently short a dragon, but all in good time, right? Right.

Because he can totally dodge dangerous men and frustrated calls from his family, all while searching for a dragon during the Christmas season. He’s got this.

Christmas wishes do come true with a little magic, after all.

Tags:
Tropey tropes a l
Published January 11th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 1st 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish

Start your review of Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
Cadiva
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a lovely short catch up with the dragons and mages of the Scales 'n' Spells world, this time it's Warin who finds his mage mate in the very cute North.

Jenette
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
What this book had going for it was that it was a quarter the size of the rest of the books in the series. That was a breath of fresh air. What was not was that this book contained nothing new. Nothing. It was exactly the same as the two books that came before it (only, and I don't think I can say this enough, blessedly much shorter).

North and Waren were fine. But they weren't anything we haven't seen before. Their romance plays out exactly like Cam's and Alric's and Tori and thingamies (I can't
Natalie panda eyes
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tinnean
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. I'd have loved to see North's family blow their collective tops at his decision not to come home. ...more
Bibliophile
Fans of this series will not be disappointed by this novella set in the same universe. :)
Meep
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, promo-deals, meh
Meh 1.5*? I got to 41% and didn't see any point reading on, it all feels too predictable. I get it's a taster for a series but I've read far more developed feeling fanfics. Didn't wow me. ...more
Teresa
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

There’s far less action in this than the previous books but I loved seeing Warin and North find love in each other. I liked seeing the other dragons again and look forward to more in this world!!
Badh
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
North is fun.

I love the adventurous spirit that North has. He knows there's more out there, and he wants to get what's there.
Ornella (Nyx)
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, lgbt, sequels
Pretty formulaic by now but I don't mind! ...more
Aster*
Feb 03, 2021 rated it liked it
not bad, but so super similar to the 1st book and cameron's story that i couldn't enjoy it as much as i wanted to.

I mean we're only 3 stories in to this new series and already we're recycling themes and tropes and storylines? or maybe because they didn't bother to include cameron's blow up with his parents they got a do-over here?

not sure, but either way, it's an ok addition to the series which i hope gets better!
Dan
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good! A beautiful story! Still full fledged even if it's shorter than the full novels. I seriously appreciate in a novella. ...more
Alakazam
When you wish upon a star.....North a young mage raised in a narrow minded family, had dreamt of finding dragons inspired by his grandfather who taught him magic. When he was young he wished that a nutcracker soldier would become a Prince and carry him away from his pitiful existence.... well dreams really do come true. Using a family heirloom, a beautiful red dragon scale as his guide, North ventures across Europe to find his red dragon prince, Warin, who is also in search of his North star. Ma ...more
Sunne
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winterwonderland
This came as a freebie in the famous Winter Wonderland Giveaway.

I had just read the first two books of this series and I have to admit - I was soooooo happy that I could get my greedy hands on this one immediately.
Amazin series so far - I am in love. I've love this freebie especially because North is just such a great and refreshing character. Also this time it didn't take this couple not as long as the others to just get it - they are mates.

So - totally in love with this series and already wai
Tam
Similar plot but still enjoyable. American North finally convinced his family to let him go to Europe (although he's 21 - you don't need permission, dude). He has a dragon scale that has been passed down in the family and his grandfather and him are the only ones who believe in magic. He figures out a tracking spell and sets out to find out if dragons are real or not. In Brussels he find out the dragon is in Southern Germany but before he can head off, he's attacked by the bad mages. Meanwhile W ...more
C G BOND
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
No continuation of the series storyline

Sadly I am disappointed by this book. There is a whole lot of focus on the physical romance and not enough character development. I never really got to know the characters.the last two books were very satisfying to read with a developed world building and great characters that grew as books grew . This felt like a romance novel that culminated with sex. I want adventure, danger, diplomacy, character development, and fun along with a sweet romance. The autho
Viki /LostForReal/
You know that feeling when you suddenly have a lot of baked goods and sweet things on the table and you're so giddy you can actually eat as much as you can and the first bites are great, maybe heaven and you eat and you eat and you eat some more and suddenly you're stomach is like, "eh, buddy, maybe we can slow down" and you brain is like "wait, we do need to finish the book, it's just a few chapters" and suddenly you have eaten all those stuff and you look at that table with all those irresisti ...more
Dawn Siemer
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So cute!

I love North, and I seriously pay love his idea to go find a dragon. No need to know dragons and mages were made for each other. Just seeing a dragon scale and knowing they once existed is enough for him to gather a few ingredients and buy a plane ticket!

Of course, once he finds out dragons are bi, it doesn't take much to convince him to run off with one or two. The only problem is other mages aren't always as friendly.
Kaffey A Hinds
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
I Told You

North had been told his entire life that magic and dragons were real, by his grandpa Earl. Using what magic he had he set off for Europe to find a dragon. Warin was minding his own business when he felt a pull. Going in search of whomever was pulling him, he finds his mate. Their journey was short and sweet.
Ken Cook
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Winter Wonderland download. Third story in Sherwood's series, this novella is a brilliant tale of magic, dragons and found mates. A speedy plot to start, it did slow a bit once North reaches the castle. But their love overflows the pages, the alt-world never got less than intriguing, and I was left wondering about the backstories and future match ups. ...more
Beth
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, heartwarming story that continues the theme of the previous two books in the series...dragons finding their mages and their mates. This one only has a brief interaction with the familiar bad guys. It spends more time on the idea of acceptance and doing what makes you happy rather than caving into guilt, especially from those who don’t accept you as you are.

It was a lovely read.
Anna Vermey
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
More please

A great addition to the series! Great to see Warin getting a mate at last. Can't wait to see where the authors take the next book in the series. It would be nice to see some more about the Ice dragons too. Highly recommended!!
Lee Hall
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!

This Christmas story was just as wonderful and adorable as the first two books in the series! I can’t wait to see what these two amazing authors get up to in the next book in the series!! Highly recommended
Manlove
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps these are getting a bit same-y, but I enjoyed this latest book in the series nonetheless. In particular I thought it got off to quite the interesting start. And I was happy enough with how the rest went.

LauraSt
Adorable

Such an adorable short! Warin finally gets his mage, in the form of a gorgeous American boy that likes colors and make-up. North was so sweet and in need of saving. I loved their cuddles and insta-love.
Such a cute short!
CB
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc-book
Love this series - more please! Fun, sexy, unique MC's. None of them are perfect but they are all lovely and fun and sexy in their own way!! 2 books and a short out now with so much more room for lots more sexy dragon/mage partnerships!! ...more
Tony Williamson,jr.
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fun and quick read

Loving this series and this novela is just as fun. A little lighter than the others, but just as fun.
Robbin Ward
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
SUCH A SWEET STORY.
Ponster
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring. I think this series is not for me. Bland characters and to much instalove. Sigh.
Christina
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Wish

4.5 ⭐️‘s I enjoyed Warin and Norths book and look forward to the next book in this series Ravis book
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add pages for ASIN B08Q8FG8CG 2 10 Jan 06, 2021 04:32PM

• Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters #1)
  • Knight and Day (Magic Emporium)
  • A Dragon's Fortune (Magic Emporium)
  • Raising the Ante (The Kings: Wild Cards #2)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Stop Kidding Around (Magical Mates #2)
  • The Fairest
  • Dragon Scholar (Dragon Hoard, #1)
  • Brought to Light (Magic Emporium)
  • First Blood (Mismatched Mates #2.6)
  • A Very Armitage Christmas (Mismatched Mates #2.5)
  • Blind Warrior (Weavers Circle #3)
  • Treasured
  • Best Beast (Enchanted Occasions)
  • Cabin Fever
  • A Nothing Special New Year (Nothing Special #7.5)
  • Baby and the Bear
AJ Sherwood believes in happily ever afters, magic, dragons, good men, and dark chocolate. She often dreams at night of delectable men doing sexy things with each other. In between writing multiple books (often at the same time) she pets her cats, plays with her dogs, and attempts insane things like aerial yoga.

She currently resides in Tennessee with aforementioned cats, dogs, and her editor/best

Scales 'n' Spells (2 books)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)

News & Interviews

“He licked me,” Warin gasped.

“Huh. I don’t think Cameron licked Alric.” Gunter paused, and a
little smirk twisted his lips. “Well, I don’t think Cameron licked Alric
right away. But we’re getting off the subject we should be discussing.”
0 likes