Start by marking “A Tale of Ashes” as Want to Read:
A Tale of Ashes

A Tale of Ashes

Across the country, human teens are going missing, and all eyes are turning to the fae.

Seventeen-year-old Freddie is a human at a magically diverse boarding school who longs to report on the war-torn realms of Fairy. When humans disappear on campus, it’s the perfect opportunity to jump-start her journalism career. While the public blame the fae, Freddie wants facts. If she
Expected publication: April 13th 2021 by Onyx Fire Press

To ask other readers questions about A Tale of Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of Ashes

Start your review of A Tale of Ashes
Rachel
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive and ARC copy of this from the author.

The modern world melding with Fairy is great! This book tackles many issues we are facing today.
The characters are interesting. Freddie is super relatable and who doesn’t love a “bad” boy, Aiden.

The story definitely pulled me in, though there were a few slow moments.

I highly recommend for fans of fae and can’t wait to see what else happens!!!!
Megan Rivera
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Aiden is a fae soldier with a murderous reputation. Raised in the dark fae court and forced to partake in the brutal Fairy Civil War, he thirsts for revenge against the realm which murdered his family. It was a great book and I highly recommend reading it. Thank you to StoryOrign for allowing me to read this book.
Maddie Powell
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I do not typically enjoy fantasy novels but this was fantastic and impossible to put down. It felt like the political climate of our reality but with magic and mythical creatures added in. I need a sequel. Stat.
Morgan Bernard
Jan 29, 2021 rated it liked it
An intriguing mix of contemporary mystery and fairy love story. This novel melds modern day issues (racial profiling, biased reporting, deportation, and corrupt politics) with the cruel possibility of war in a neighboring fae world.

The book weaves together two narratives--a young reporter's passion to find the truth in a kidnapping plot alongside a traumatized fae soldier's search for revenge. Freddie's and Aiden's stories merge into a tentative tale of friendship and potential love. Although th
Kirsty Dunn
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dawn
Jan 23, 2021 rated it liked it
I am used to YA fantasy books being dark and heavy, A Tale of Ashes was not. The book would be perfect for middle grades and lower young adult if they want something fantasy but without all the gore and darkness. Dayleview creates two worlds (I think); the human world and the supernatural world. It seems they border each other and the human and the supernatural creatures (vampires, werewolves, and fae) can cross between the two. I wish the author would have spent more time setting up the worlds ...more
Kylie
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-digital
3.5 stars.

Thanks to the author for providing me an ARC of this book!

A Tale of Ashes is story about Freddie, an aspiring journalist in the human world, and Aiden, a broody fae warrior hailing from battle in his own realm. Freddie is investigating the disappearances of several human classmates, and Aiden is fighting a war with the Summer Court. Their stories become intertwined after the two meet at a fae night club.

I thought this book was a great debut with a lot of promise for the rest of the ser
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Was a great quick read and would recommend it to anyone who wants to fort lost in a new world for a little bit.
Mar 02, 2021
Suzanne
Yara
bookittothelibrary

• Keeper of Shadows
  • Soul Bound (The Shadow World #2)
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • Energy Of Love : A How To Program To Self-Empowerment And Self-Love
  • With Shield and Ink and Bone
  • Aberrant (The Lost Series #1)
  • The Death Sparrow's Shadow (The Assassin of Acreage, #1)
  • The Heir of G.O'D. Revelations: A LitRPG Gamelit Adventure Series
  • Deviant Descendants
  • Tempest Court: A Ghost and a Cop Series
  • Descendants Academy
  • Heir of G.O'D. Epiphany
  • We Of The Forsaken World...
  • The Project Sare.
  • Heir of G.O'D. Book 3
  • Beasts and Beauty (Kingdoms and Curses Book 2)
Ann Dayleview writes fantasy novels which aim to transport the reader to worlds unlike any other. She reads any young adult and middle grade fantasy novel she can get her hands on. Her writing is often inspired by the wild assortment of music she listens to as well as her travels into different countries and cultures.

In addition to writing, Ann loves spending time with her two dogs, baking all th