Start by marking “A Righteous Man” as Want to Read:

A Righteous Man

Salinger Dolan.
You know his name.
You've seen his face.
You've spent money on the endless amount of useless crap he endorses.
Of course, you've heard the stories.
You know the ones…The one that claimed he was hard to work with and totally unprofessional on set.
The one where he got caught doing drugs on the set of the most popular, family-friendly show in America.The one where
Kindle Edition
Published December 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Righteous Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Righteous Man

Start your review of A Righteous Man
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I will start my review with this: PLEASE READ THIS BOOK!!

Jay Crownover blessed us with a surprise book to end 2020 and it was really everything we needed to end this rollercoaster of a year.

This story was seriously a rollercoaster of feelings. I really felt invested in the characters and their arcs and I just wanted them to have their happy ending.

Salinger is the kind of character that you will either like or really love. I don’t think you can actually
Robin
Redemption at its best

I just love this book it was so beautifully written. Salinger and Maren were great characters and I really felt the chemistry between them. Great story.
Rachel
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story felt like everything I expect from Jay, and yet something so different. I enjoyed getting to know Salinger and Maren, brand new characters in a whole new setting for Jay. Hollywood is a brutal place to work, and when Maren's career is rocked by the addition of a 16 year old her her established show, she finds herself rebuilding. Ten years later, she hasn't forgotten the blow Salinger Dolan caused her career and hasn't forgiven him. But her career is on an upswing again, despi
Pamela Lilley
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Salinger Dole and Maren Copeland, moviestar magic, or movie star disaster? That is the question. An enemies to lovers to so much more. Actors, they can be so fickle, and the 10 year age gap when Salinger and Maren first met seemed huge, but 10 years later it seems that Salinger has matured way more than Maren would have ever expected. When she swore she would never work with him ever again, she didn’t have all the facts. She was unaware of the way that 10 years, and a LOT of maturity, along with ...more
Lisa
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this

Okay, it's kind of hard to focus on this book right now, because at the end there's a glimpse of a future book I wasn't sure would ever happen and I'm so pumped omg! But ok...ok...deep breath and focus.

I loved Salinger and Maren. It was a great redemption love story, with movie stars, an age gap, and a recovering addict. This balanced between heavy and not. And I like that both of them aren't your typical romance go to characters. She's kind of cold and closed off and untrusting. He's
Danielle
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They got what they deserved.

This was different but at the same time so her. I could pick her writing style out with just a page of dialogue. I started and finished this book in a day. It kept me captivated from the first sentence.

I am kind of hoping you know who and you also know who (or will after you read it) also get a book. You kept one of them mysterious enough to make it so. Also the sneak peek at the end! Yay! Not who I expected but still so excited to see what you've come up with for thi
Kerri
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Righteous Man is Right

I loved the feelings of this book and how they dealt with all of the feelings.
Jay always manages to make you fall in love with all of her characters to the point that your cheering for them to succeed.
Shana Downs
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So amazing good !! There was so much emotion in this book.
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)

Salinger Dolan is a tatted up bad-boy actor who has a reputation for hard partying and taking the wrong path in life. When his older co-actor Maren Copeland expresses her concern, she's the one written off the series and with a ruined career. It's no wonder she hates Salinger in a very serious way.

But you know what they say about hate -- it can be pretty close to love, too. When Salinger gets clean and writes a movie script that is sure to be a hit, there's only one person he wants to
Katie Koziczkowski
A Righteous Man was an enjoyable read. I liked that the storyline was different, that always makes it more interesting. It was a bit emotional at times with difficult topics, but it still had a lighter, upbeat feel to it at times as well. I really liked Salinger. I found him to be very intriguing and I wanted to know more about him. He's been through some rough times for only being 26, but it's made him the best version of himself. I loved how he is now taking responsibility for his actions and ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
This read was SO much more than I’d hoped for, and I had high expectations going into it. Salinger and Maren gave me such a gripping and emotional story, from their first encounters to their downfalls to their climb back to greatness in life. Jay didn’t shy away from the gritty and painful here, and she managed to weave any drama around Salinger and Maren so wonderfully into the background of their journey that I willingly lost out on sleep to find out what happens next.

Yet again, Jay proves th
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

A Righteous Man is exactly the type of book I'm hoping for when I pick up a book by Jay Crownover. It was the same as the books I love from her, but different. Her writing captured me from the beginning right along with Maren and Salinger's story.

Maren and Salinger were an unlikely couple that came together perfectly. It wasn't that Maren was significantly older than Salinger. She was, but that was backseat to their sordid history. Salinger had basically ruined he
Kimberly
Jay Crownover is one of my favorite authors and she blew me away with A Righteous Man. It's different from her typical books, but no less spectacular. Maren is about 10 years older than Salinger and that really worked for me. He's been through enough in his life that the maturity is there to match Maren's so it didn't feel like Maren was "mothering" him. They've both had a rough go of things, Salinger is a recovering addict and Maren had a crappy marriage with a guy who was a complete jerk.

One
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara
Exactly what I needed. A simple straight forward love affair with great characters, only a small amount of angst but good solid story telling. I loved that the heroine was older than the hero and that JC didn't dwell on this as a major point in the story it was mentioned resolved and left alone...it didn't become a character and I LOVED that. The hint of darkeness in the story didn't overpower the love story and the pace the book moved was perfect. Thanks for this plan old fashioned love story J ...more
Flo₂₂
i liked the idea of it but not the delivery :(
i liked how it started but then i didn't like what turn this plot had
i was getting really annoyed with her behavior and her push and pull, i felt like she didn't deserve him... this H also was to good, i mean, no bad boy vibe in him at all other than his past. He was 10 years younger than her, i wanted more from him i dunno.
I was also REALLY annoyed that the most important steps in their relationship or when they were being close were OFF PAGE, the
Amy Schoppman
He is indeed!!! 4 & 3/4 stars for Salinger & Maren

"Righteous: morally right or justifiable; virtuous." (Google dictionary)
I had to google the definition, as even though I thought I had a pretty good handle on what it meant, our boy Salinger didn't seem to fit my idea of righteous when we first met him. No spoilers here, but he certainly changed my mind😉.
Jay takes us on a beautiful journey of redemption in this one! I'm always amazed at her story-telling & character development in each & every tr
Diane Heffner
Outstanding,incredible,phenomenal

As your read the words I put in the title, they don't begin to describe how good this story was. The author out did herself. I don't like to write about the story and give things away but I will tell you that this will have you turning the page by page not wanting to put the book down.It will have you squirming in your seat and fanning yourself. I can't recommend this highly enough.If this is your first read for 2021 it will be a great way to start the year.
Jewelz L
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A righteous read...

As usual, Jay has given me a book that I will read over and over again. Maren and Salinger’s story gave me all the feels without so much angst that my heart would hurt, which honestly is what I needed. I only have a handful of authors who I one-click no matter if I’ve even read the blurb and Jay is on that list. I am so happy to say this book did not disappoint. Also the teaser at the end for Fortunate Son was everything I could have hoped for. I can’t wait to read whatever co
Robin Shawn
Great

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the journey these characters went on. Maren’s hesitancy made total sense. Salinger had changed the trajectory of her life. I appreciated how hard he worked to show her he changed but I really loved that she also needed to show him how much she supported him too. This was really well written. I hope to read more about Jeno and Arrow someday.
Shannon
First let me start by saying I am a huge Jay fan. I would buy and read anything she wrote. I know this past year was hard for everyone and I am sure that had some influence on this book. This book, I just didn’t love. I didn’t feel a connection to the characters. I didn’t care for Maren honestly at all. I felt like Jay told us how to feel and there was very little conversation between the characters. It felt very skimmed over. For me, It was just missing something.
Kirstyku
Hollywood Hearts

What are the odds that a spoiled brat like Salinger Dolen could become a righteous man?
What are the odds that Maren Copeland will ever forgive him for what happened 10 years ago?
Jay Crownover takes us on a rollercoaster of emotion, you feel every bump in the road. A story that keeps your attention with characters you want to know. A brilliant read.
Tammy
Jan 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Second chance sweetness

3.5 stars really. This surprise Jay book doesn't feel like Jay. Not in a bad way. It has a different feel to it that longtime fans can probably sense. A hopefulness that 2020 surely needed. this book is about a second chance to make things right. To love. Low angst. Good communication. Glad this is my first 2021 read.
Anna
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Good writing and strong characters

This is a quick read but it will stay with you for a while. The main characters are growing up throughout the whole book and although this is mostly a romance it touches important subjects like drug abuse and infidelity. This is a good start for 2021!
Kat
Best way to end 2020,

Reading this book on New Years Eve was the best thing I could have done this year. It was a story that lifted my spirits and put into perspective how rough times (2020) can grow beautiful futures.

Thank you Jay for pulling me from the funk I had been in unable to concentrate on books for most of this year. 5 stars for sure!!
Tracy Ballantine-bianchi
A beautiful story

I absolutely loved everything about this story. Salinger had my heart from the beginning and I loved how he and Karen's story played out. This was a perfect escape from the reality 2020 has been and a beautiful story. Thank you, Jay for doing what you do best.
Carrie L
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Righteous read!

I can honestly day that I enjoyed reading A Righteous Man immensely. This is so different from any of Jay Crownover 's books. Salinger & Maren have crazy chemistry and their journeys apart and together wove an incredible story.
I didn't want it to end!
Aimz
Love this story!!!

This book was so incredible! I started just this morning and couldn’t put it down! Salinger and Maren brought so many emotions throughout their story! Absolutely loved it!!!
matt
I want Salinger!

I am a huge fan of this author and this was another fun and cute story for the books. I LOVED it!
Jill
Great book!

I love everything Jay writes and get sucked into her world's so easily. One of my favorite author's. Always look forward to reading anything she writes.
Cori
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow!

I absolutely loved this book from the first few words to the last sentence. It grabbed me from the beginning and I was reluctant to put it down. Jay, you've done it again!!!

• Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • Christmas in Quincy (The Edens, #0.5)
  • Waiting on the Rain (McKinney/Walker Brothers, #3)
  • Honor (Heroes of Big Sky #1)
  • Loverboy (The Company, #2)
  • About Tomorrow
  • Steele (Arizona Vengeance, #9)
  • One More Round (Cocktail, #4.6)
  • 'Tis the Season for Romance
  • Reclaim
  • Dream Chaser (Dream Team, #2)
  • This Much is True
  • Love Song (Stage Dive, #4.7)
  • Dashing Through the No (Summersweet Island, #3)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Clash (Left Turn, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas Is You
  • The Not-Outcast
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more