Start by marking “Meet You By Hachiko” as Want to Read:
Meet You By Hachiko

Meet You By Hachiko

What would you do if your best friend lived half a world away—and suddenly vanished?

Loner Grace Ryan feels completely invisible. Awkward and shy, she can't seem to get ahead in her studies, social circle, or new relationship with her childhood best friend. But discovering Tokyo street fashion ignites her creativity and leads her into an unlikely online friendship with a J
Paperback, First Paperback Edition, 304 pages
Published December 31st 2020 by HachiPress (first published February 25th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Meet You By Hachiko, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet You By Hachiko

Start your review of Meet You By Hachiko
KrisT A
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this story.
The story regarding the two main characters and their likeness and strength come through beautifully. I love HEA. Even though this isn’t a love-love story.

However some things I noticed where the time stamps didn’t make sense to me. Time zone differences were backwards?!?! And Japanese wasn’t translated.
I get that this story took a long time from start to publish, so I think that may have been lost in the re-reads for beta testers.
As a first novel, I think it was overall well
Iris Ymra
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, y-a

________

I love the plot building, and though the reading pace somewhat slow for me, but it's the kind that not tedious at all but rather exciting and one I really enjoyed. While the narration going back and forth from Grace to Kana, that really helped to make the storyline well arranged -- a style of writing that I do prefer.

The storyline still in the kind
Janelle
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading "Meet you by Hachiko" for many reasons, the first being that I lived in Japan for nine years on American military bases (1996-2000, 2004-2010). Because I know some basic Japanese language and I was able to go to Tokyo a couple times, I could easily put myself in the story. I got to see firsthand how amazing is the Japanese culture of consideration for others, honesty, hard work, giving, cleanliness, respect for your elders and many other lovely things I wish were part of ...more
Kirsten
The book was too slow paced in my opinion, though I started liking it more after page 150 or so.

I loved the way the author described the characters and how they're completely different but still drawn to eachother. I liked the plot and the ending but it took me so long to finish this book because of the slow pacing.

In a few parts, the japanese wasn't translated to english, which left me confused because I had no clue as to what it meant. However I did appreciate the love this book has shown for
Josefa
Dec 29, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice YA about friendship and Japan. It brought back memories from my trip there a few years ago. The friendship portrayed in this book looks so pure and at times unrealistic. I believe that when you portray people from another culture it is a tricky one. It does show an understanding of Japanese culture.
Jessica Phillips
is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2021
Charlie
Jan 12, 2021

• Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 1 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #1)
  • Tunneling to Freedom: The Great Escape from Stalag Luft III
  • The Inkberg Enigma
  • Pele
  • A Whirlwind of Color (The Light to My Darkness #2)
  • This Is Love (The Light to My Darkness #3)
  • James the Christmas Grouch (The Hunted)
  • Before the Coffee Gets Cold: Tales from the Café
  • Dylan (Dark Legacy, #4)
  • Stroked Hard (Stroked, #3)
  • Psycho-logical
  • The Boy I Am
  • Best Year Ever
  • City of Sin
  • Third Chances
  • Missing Pieces
  • All On The Board: Inspirational quotes from the TfL underground duo
  • The Cut
Loren grew up expecting she could be the next Gordon Korman, except she wasn't particularly funny, which was a bit problematic. Then she wanted to become an exchange student in Japan, and use her newfound fluency to consume Japanese comic books by the boatload. That didn't work out as planned, either.

Instead, as an adult, she earned an English degree in her hometown of St. John's, Newfoundland and

News & Interviews

“Sayonara is for long goodbyes. Don’t be gone so long.” Kana raised her hand in a stilled wave. “Let’s say ‘see you later’ instead. Mata ne.” 0 likes