Start by marking “An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)” as Want to Read:
An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)

An Echo in the Sorrow

(Soulbound #6)

Forgiveness is a hollow prayer you only hear in your dreams.

Patrick Collins has spent years handling cases as a special agent for the Supernatural Operations Agency, even as his secret standing in the preternatural community has changed. He should have confessed to his role as co-leader of the New York City god pack when he and Jonothon de Vere took up the mantle months a
Published March 1st 2021 by Hailey Turner

Start your review of An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)
Cadiva
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars and time to process the total head rush that makes up this book's story!

Every time I read a new entry in this series from Hailey Turner, I have to take a breath to absorb what she's just blown my mind away with.

Book Six is no exception, in fact, it's probably the most complex so far in all the Soulbound books as there are a multitude of big WTF moments that I won't be spoiling at any point in this review 😁

As the tension builds in this penultimate chapter of the series long arc
Simone - on indefinite hiatus  -
Reread September/October 2021: Audiobook = ***4 Stars***

**********************
Original review March 2021:

***4.5 - 5 ❤️***

*wheeeeeeeeeze*

That.... that... was one hell of a ride with a dash of WTF-moments *side-eyes Patrick*, meddling of old gods, new gods, known gods and never-heard-of gods (umm, with that I mean me) and quite some heart-squeezing feelz. Oh, and a once again adorbs cookie monster – aka Wade – I would adopt on the spot if I wouldn’t end up dead broke. ;-)
Corina
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, urban-fantasy
You betcha I dropped everything to read this book.

It’s the second to last book in an amazing MM urban fantasy series. And I already feel the goodbye coming, it will be bittersweet.

From the very first book I fell in love with Patrick and Jono. Their pack. The friendships. The dynamic. The stories. This series has it all.

Actually the series combines two of my most favorite tropes/genres, MM romance as well as a fantastic urban fantasy. It’s rare to get both in one. That’s why the Soulbound Series
Diana
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Whew, well that story stressed me out!! Poor Patrick and Jono are put through the ringer with this one. They are getting hit from the meddling gods, the law and of course the other New York pack. They also have to deal with all that plus Patrick’s past comes into play.

I listened to the audiobook, and once again, Gary Furlong did an amazing job. He has distinct voices for each character, my favorite is Jono’s voice, of course.

For some strange reason, I thought this was the final book and I start
Lisazj1
Hailey Turner's newsletter says "this is a rollercoaster of a book" and she "put the Pack through the wringer"? And the other books weren't? *side-eyes book* 👀

*edit*

Now, that I've read, thanks for the warning Hailey! 😭 Despite all the divine interventions on Patrick's behalf, thank all the gods for Jono. Because this last situation might have shredded Patrick if not for Jono there to anchor him, and his Pack behind that.

I love this series, every bit of it. All the gods and goddesses of all diff
deadrun
4/7/2021: Waiting for audio was the right call. Patrick and Jono's relationship continues to develop. Wade is really growing up and I adore their found family. I want to sit with this book for a bit before I write a proper review.

Some fuckery is happening with other people rating this low before it's even out. This is one of my top favorite series so I'll just five star before I inevitably read this book, love it and rate it five stars legitimately.

[edit: it's December 23rd and I want this book
Aimee Nicole Walker
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m always in awe of Hailey’s talent, but this book just blew me away. It’s so brilliant. All the components you expect from her stories are amplified by a thousand percent. I loved the witty dialogue and banter, the bond between pack and chosen family, the action scenes, the amazing lore and legend she wove into every page, and her ability to write multidimensional villains. It just left me breathless. I cannot wait until series fans get their hands on An Echo in the Sorrow.
Deborah
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.75*

The penultimate book and it does not disappoint.

I always feel a little sorry for Patrick. The guilt and the weight he carries with him. Here his past, his life and his secrets are exposed. And I have to wonder if he’ll ever catch a break?
The final book ending with him and Jono on a Caribbean beach would be a nice start. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Estelle has upped her game and she’s determined to force Jono out of New York. So Jono and Patrick face more attacks on their pack and themse
Loulou
LOVED THIS!

1. Fast paced
2. Action packed
3. Jono
4. So many Feels
5. Wade and his stomach
6. Jono
7. Patrick being stupid but that's oka.
8. All the gods and goddesses
9. Jono
10. The worldbuilding

Did I mention Jono?
Eugenia
Devilishly divine!!!

Wow!! 4.5 Stars in this penultimate book in the series.

There is lots going on here, but Turner does a fantastic job of reviewing the main plot points in case it’s been a while since you read the last book.

So...the fight for the NYC Alpha God Pack comes to a head with some crazy fights.

More gods come on the scene & it’s anyone’s guess as to whose side they are one.

There is a wedding to plan.
Fenrir wants to come out to play.
A murder charge locks up one of the alphas.
A mi
Gerbera_Reads
11/02/2022 reread

8/24/2021 reread. Now I am all caught up and ready for the grand finale. Can't wait!!!

Hailey Turner is back and is at her finest. The story has everything I wanted: unexpected plot twists, meddling gods, love and devotion and fantastic finale that kept me on the edge of my seat with nerves and excitement. Witty entertaining banter, diverse cast of characters and some serious action scenes full of magic and fighting for their lives made this a very enjoyable story.

We hit the gr
Jewel
That was some edge of seat reading, right there! We need to wrap Patrick and Jono in some nice, fluffy cotton and hide them away! Holy moly! I cannot wait for the next (and last) book!
fleurette
This series is simply brilliant. And every book proves it.

I hadn't read a book in this series for a while and I missed those characters, especially Jono and Patrick. I like how the author balances their POV. Both of them are always involved in any story, and we spend practically the same amount of time with each of them. At this stage, I can't say which one I like more. It was wonderful to see them working together again.

This series is getting darker and darker and the stakes are really high. Pa
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I don’t think I realized this was the calm before the storm.

Calm. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAA.

No. There was nothing calm about this book but still, I didn’t realize there was only one more book in the series until I started writing this review.

I almost feel better about what I just read with that knowledge.

Almost. This was a lot and with what is to come, well, it’s only fair that that should be all that is left for them to deal with. And hey, let’s be fair, yeah? Please?

The last book ov
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 A Ferry of Bones & Gold: ★★★★★ | 5 stars
#2 All Souls Near & Nigh: ★★★★☆ | 4 stars
#3 A Crown of Iron & Silver: ★★★★✮ | 4.5 stars
#4 A Vigil in the Mourning: ★★★★☆ | 4 stars
#5 On the Wings of War: ★★★☆☆ | 3 stars

5 stars!

"I'll always be happy with you."

I love!!! when things happen!!!

An Echo in the Sorrow is now my favorite book in the series, thank you! So many things I wanted to see from the moment I started the series happened in this book. There was one very big plot conflict
Carol (bookish_notes)
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, read-in-2021
THIS BOOK??? This was THE MOST action-packed of all the Soulbound books so far that had me guessing what could possibly happen next, and it had me sobbing by the end (but for good reasons). Rest assured this book does end with a HFN but it is a VERY hard fought road to get there and we still have one more book, one more epic showdown to go!!!

The rest of this review will be as spoiler-free as possible for this book, but will reference things that happened in previous books.

Trigger warnings includ
Joyfully Jay
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay, kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

4/4.5 stars

Today, Jay and Kris are continuing their Buddy Review of Hailey Turner’s fabulous Soulbound series. An Echo in the Sorrow is the sixth (and second to last) book in the series and continues a series-long storyline, so you are best to start at the beginning with this one. This review will also naturally reveal some plot points from earlier books.

Read Jay’s and Kris's review in its entirety here.

Kaity B
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Reread/relisten #2

One more day until the finale!! What a whirlwind this book was!

Reread/Relisten

There was so much that happened in this book that you don't want to put it down.

but still T-3months until the final book of the series!!!

This series man, each books gets better and better and the things they have to go through, it’s like watching a movie.

The world building in all of Hailey Turners books is flawless and I can’t believe I have to wait until OCTOBER before the final book comes
Halcyon
The fact that I was dancing in glee when the bitch, ahem, Estelle was finally dead should make me a bad person, isn't it? ...more
Alisa
Another good installment of this series. Jono and Patrick are a favorite couple of mine. I could read about them forever. I like that this is one of the few true m/m UFs.
Amanda
"Love was the only alter Jono would ever worship at from here on out, and Patrick would be the only one to hear his prayers."

Set aside your need for sleep, this is one book you wont be able to put down. From page one it is nonstop action, and the war we've seen building is finally coming to a head. So many twists and turns, so many heartstopping scenes. I honestly don't understand how Turner can keep coming up with these stories that are beyond amazing. Patrick and Jono have my heart (and Wa
Claudia
April 2021 - review of the audio edition
I loved the book when I first read it - which was immediately after it was released as this is one of my favorite series.
in the last year I discovered my love for audio books - so as soon as the audio edition of this book was released I had to listen to it. Lucky for me I got a free copy for review purposes.

even though I read it just 1 month ago, I loved listening to the story again. Patrick and Jono are just so great together and the storyline is faboulos
Caz
I've given this an A- for both content and narration at AudioGals.

Note: The Soulbound series features a number of overarching plotlines, so this book is unlikely to make much sense unless you’re familiar with at least some of the previous entries in the series. There are likely to be spoilers for those in this review.

Following their battle royale against a zombie army in Paris, An Echo in the Sorrow finds Patrick and Jono back in New York and facing danger much closer to home. There are two majo
Bookreader87(Amanda)

I have such a love hate relationship with this series. I hate with passion so deep all the sh*t Patrick & Jono have to go through but I love the two of them and their pack so much.

In this one Patrick is prime suspect in a murder case. He and his pack have to work to prove his innocence. In doing so secrets kept close to heart must be let out to the public. All this occurring while Jono and the pack are also dealing with pack issues.

Jono is still working on taking over the City but E
Gabi
Dec 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
There is just a stupid amount of Godly presence in this book. The Asians are still missing, but hey maybe next time.

There was an element...
...oh wait, did you think I was gonna talk about that bomb that was dropped at the end of the previous book? Did ya? I thought I should just ignore it for now and only acknowledge it way past the halfway point. M'kay, good idea huh? XD

So that was annoying. I think I got so used to superhero movies making a big deal out of every detail that I expected some ki
Kathleen
What the h e l l happened to my review back in April???

All I can say these many months later is that I loved it as much as I loved all that came before it.

Now that I've finished #7, A Veiled & Hallowed Eve, I look forward to a re-listen of the series in the near future. What a glorious urban-fantasy adventure! An all-time, all-genre favorite.
Jessica Frances
Sep 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant book in this series! It was full of action, suspense, nail-biting moments, and an explosive ending. I'm so relieved one major problem was finally resolved, and looking forward/terrified to how the rest will be resolved in the final book. Highly recommend this series to m/m fantasy readers. ...more
M.A. Grant
This penultimate chapter of the SOULBOUND series is impossible to put down. The threads spun in previous novels twist together as the overarching story nears its close and there’s no escaping the emotional fallout. Readers will revel in the suspense and action in this book; the screws continually tighten as pieces from previous books slip into place and the pages fly by as a result. What amazes me most is how Turner uses the reader’s connection to all the characters—lead and supporting—to deepen ...more
Lori S.
Well done.

Reread for the last book - just as good as at the beginning of the year. 💜💛💚💙
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via A Novel Take PR. This has not influenced my review.*

Wow, so much action! And so much you-know-what hitting the fan! I think this was the most plot-heavy and action-packed book yet in this series. These poor characters just couldn’t seem to catch a break. But it also finally really advanced some of the plot threads that have been building throughout the series. Which is good, since I think I remember the author saying somewhere that there’s only
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Wormwood Summer (San Amaro Investigations, #1)
  • The Oak Wood Throne (San Amaro Investigations, #2)
  • Love Springs Eternal (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #5)
  • Fluke and the Faithless Father (The Fantastic Fluke #2)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #3)
  • A Shattered Silver Crown (San Amaro Investigations #4)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • A Gilded Iron Blade (San Amaro Investigations #3)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #4)
  • Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters, #1)
  • Twisted Pretty Things (Shadows of London, #1)
  • Of Betrayal and Monsters (Winsford Shifters, #2)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #1)
  • The Heart's Blood Arrow (San Amaro Investigations, #5)
  • Blood (Scales 'N' Spells, #3)
  • The Scars That Bind Us (The Magi Accounts #1)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
See top shelves…
Hailey Turner is a big city girl who likes to spoil her cats rotten. She writes science fiction and fantasy with lots of action, epic plots, and romantic relationships that satisfy the heart. Hailey lives in sunny California when she isn’t adding stamps to her passport.

To keep up-to-date with Hailey's future projects, join her mailing list, where you can download free Metahuman Files and Soulbound

Soulbound (7 books)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound, #5)
  • A Veiled & Hallowed Eve (Soulbound, #7)

News & Interviews

The internet, on balance, has been something of a mixed-blessing for our species. But one thing everyone agrees on: It’s a great place to watch...