Start by marking “An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)” as Want to Read:
An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)

An Echo in the Sorrow

(Soulbound #6)

Forgiveness is a hollow prayer you only hear in your dreams.

Patrick Collins has spent years handling cases as a special agent for the Supernatural Operations Agency, even as his secret standing in the preternatural community has changed. He should have confessed to his role as co-leader of the New York City god pack when he and Jonothon de Vere took up the mantle months a
Published March 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about An Echo in the Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Echo in the Sorrow

Start your review of An Echo in the Sorrow (Soulbound, #6)
Cadiva
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars and time to process the total head rush that makes up this book's story!

Every time I read a new entry in this series from Hailey Turner, I have to take a breath to absorb what she's just blown my mind away with.

Book Six is no exception, in fact, it's probably the most complex so far in all the Soulbound books as there are a multitude of big WTF moments that I won't be spoiling at any point in this review 😁

As the tension builds in this penultimate chapter of the series long arc
Corina
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, urban-fantasy
You betcha I dropped everything to read this book.

It’s the second to last book in an amazing MM urban fantasy series. And I already feel the goodbye coming, it will be bittersweet.

From the very first book I fell in love with Patrick and Jono. Their pack. The friendships. The dynamic. The stories. This series has it all.

Actually the series combines two of my most favorite tropes/genres, MM romance as well as a fantastic urban fantasy. It’s rare to get both in one. That’s why the Soulbound Series
deadrun
4/7/2021: Waiting for audio was the right call. Patrick and Jono's relationship continues to develop. Wade is really growing up and I adore their found family. I want to sit with this book for a bit before I write a proper review.

Some fuckery is happening with other people rating this low before it's even out. This is one of my top favorite series so I'll just five star before I inevitably read this book, love it and rate it five stars legitimately.

[edit: it's December 23rd and I want this book
Aimee Nicole Walker
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m always in awe of Hailey’s talent, but this book just blew me away. It’s so brilliant. All the components you expect from her stories are amplified by a thousand percent. I loved the witty dialogue and banter, the bond between pack and chosen family, the action scenes, the amazing lore and legend she wove into every page, and her ability to write multidimensional villains. It just left me breathless. I cannot wait until series fans get their hands on An Echo in the Sorrow.
Lisazj1
Hailey Turner's newsletter says "this is a rollercoaster of a book" and she "put the Pack through the wringer"? And the other books weren't? *side-eyes book* 👀

*edit*

Now, that I've read, thanks for the warning Hailey! 😭 Despite all the divine interventions on Patrick's behalf, thank all the gods for Jono. Because this last situation might have shredded Patrick if not for Jono there to anchor him, and his Pack behind that.

I love this series, every bit of it. All the gods and goddesses of all diff
Deborah
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.75*

The penultimate book and it does not disappoint.

I always feel a little sorry for Patrick. The guilt and the weight he carries with him. Here his past, his life and his secrets are exposed. And I have to wonder if he’ll ever catch a break?
The final book ending with him and Jono on a Caribbean beach would be a nice start. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Estelle has upped her game and she’s determined to force Jono out of New York. So Jono and Patrick face more attacks on their pack and themse
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I don’t think I realized this was the calm before the storm.

Calm. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAA.

No. There was nothing calm about this book but still, I didn’t realize there was only one more book in the series until I started writing this review.

I almost feel better about what I just read with that knowledge.

Almost. This was a lot and with what is to come, well, it’s only fair that that should be all that is left for them to deal with. And hey, let’s be fair, yeah? Please?

The last book ov
Gerbera_Reads
Hailey Turner is back and is at her finest. The story has everything I wanted: unexpected plot twists, meddling gods, love and devotion and fantastic finale that kept me on the edge of my seat with nerves and excitement. Witty entertaining banter, diverse cast of characters and some serious action scenes full of magic and fighting for their lives made this a very enjoyable story.

We hit the ground running, and the story never lets up its intensity. Patrick and Jono really show how strong two peo
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 A Ferry of Bones & Gold: ★★★★★ | 5 stars
#2 All Souls Near & Nigh: ★★★★☆ | 4 stars
#3 A Crown of Iron & Silver: ★★★★✮ | 4.5 stars
#4 A Vigil in the Mourning: ★★★★☆ | 4 stars
#5 On the Wings of War: ★★★☆☆ | 3 stars

5 stars!

"I'll always be happy with you."

I love!!! when things happen!!!

An Echo in the Sorrow is now my favorite book in the series, thank you! So many things I wanted to see from the moment I started the series happened in this book. There was one very big plot conflict
Carol (bookish_notes)
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2021, 5-stars
THIS BOOK??? This was THE MOST action-packed of all the Soulbound books so far that had me guessing what could possibly happen next, and it had me sobbing by the end (but for good reasons). Rest assured this book does end with a HFN but it is a VERY hard fought road to get there and we still have one more book, one more epic showdown to go!!!

The rest of this review will be as spoiler-free as possible for this book, but will reference things that happened in previous books.

Trigger warnings includ
Amanda
"Love was the only alter Jono would ever worship at from here on out, and Patrick would be the only one to hear his prayers."

Set aside your need for sleep, this is one book you wont be able to put down. From page one it is nonstop action, and the war we've seen building is finally coming to a head. So many twists and turns, so many heartstopping scenes. I honestly don't understand how Turner can keep coming up with these stories that are beyond amazing. Patrick and Jono have my heart (and Wa
Joyfully Jay
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay, kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

4/4.5 stars

Today, Jay and Kris are continuing their Buddy Review of Hailey Turner’s fabulous Soulbound series. An Echo in the Sorrow is the sixth (and second to last) book in the series and continues a series-long storyline, so you are best to start at the beginning with this one. This review will also naturally reveal some plot points from earlier books.

Read Jay’s and Kris's review in its entirety here.

Claudia
I love this series, every book in it and Pat and Jono are one of my all-time favorites ... but this book is maybe even better than the rest.
I loved the pacing, the developments, how Patrick sees his family and defines new priorities

The situation with the other god pack comes crashing down and the consequences are different than what you would expect

Wade grows up a lot and I liked that he is shown as an important member of the pack. And Sage is perfect ... as always:)

But best of all are Patric
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via A Novel Take PR. This has not influenced my review.*

Wow, so much action! And so much you-know-what hitting the fan! I think this was the most plot-heavy and action-packed book yet in this series. These poor characters just couldn’t seem to catch a break. But it also finally really advanced some of the plot threads that have been building throughout the series. Which is good, since I think I remember the author saying somewhere that there’s only
M.A. Grant
This penultimate chapter of the SOULBOUND series is impossible to put down. The threads spun in previous novels twist together as the overarching story nears its close and there’s no escaping the emotional fallout. Readers will revel in the suspense and action in this book; the screws continually tighten as pieces from previous books slip into place and the pages fly by as a result. What amazes me most is how Turner uses the reader’s connection to all the characters—lead and supporting—to deepen ...more
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Finally, after all my days of waiting for Estelle and Youssef to get their comeuppance it finally happens. Am I said it wasn't as drawn out as I wanted ? yes but at least they are finally old news.

I cannot wait for the finale, everything is coming together, the gods are choosing their sides in the war to come and Patrick can finally pay for his soul.
Bookreader87(Amanda)

I have such a love hate relationship with this series. I hate with passion so deep all the sh*t Patrick & Jono have to go through but I love the two of them and their pack so much.

In this one Patrick is prime suspect in a murder case. He and his pack have to work to prove his innocence. In doing so secrets kept close to heart must be let out to the public. All this occurring while Jono and the pack are also dealing with pack issues.

Jono is still working on taking over the City but E
R
What to say when the whole book is one big spoiler. Let’s see...wow, yes that did happen, they really went there, major butt kicking applied, huge run on snacks (expensive stress eating), more butt kicking, gods still demanding (they can be aholes), epic clashes, and Jono and Patrick are still perfect together.

The author continues to give the reader surprises. The writing is excellent and the storyline just keeps getting better. Love this series.

I received an arc of this book.
Jacquie Stewart
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's impossible to get this far into a series without being connected to the characters in some way. I love Jono and Patrick. Their bond, their pack and all the little alliances and friendships that they have, that are so important to the story, have kept me hooked since book 1.
This one hurt in places because I know the end is coming and it is going to be brutal. The way the stakes have changed certainly point towards it.
Attempting to keep to a spoiler free review is incredibly difficult. Some s
iam
Great setup for the series finale, bringing in new complications and hurts and finally closing up my favourite subplot!

Read the full review on the blog!

Content warnings include: violence, unnamed character death, demonic possession, court proceedings, protagonist is charged with murder, torture, graphic injury, abduction, sex on-page, alcohol and food consumption on-page.

As second to last for the series, An Echo in the Sorrow worked well. It wasn’t as big on the chapter long battles as previous
Diane Dannenfeldt
Wow, I do have to say, y’all need to read this ASAP! Okay so buckle up this was one hell of a ride. Ms. Turner put our characters through hell in this one so much more than in the past books. I was really worried for so many of them, I was sure they were not going to make it to the end of the book. I don't know how much pain and torture one person can go through and remain standing. Patrick & Jono's love has never been stronger. There are things that finally come to a head that how they did, I d ...more
Jacqueleen  ♡
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Things sure are ramping up as we get closer and closer to the conclusion of the Soulbound series. I don't think Patrick and Jono had much more than a one chapter of breathing room before the next chapter brought them fighting something or hearing bad news from some god or another. There was never a dull moment and plenty of surprises and twists that kept me glued to my kindle.

Wade was present as always and he is still a much loved favorite eating everything in sight. I think Patrick and Jono wou
Teeny
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, pnr-spn-fantasy
I really took my time reading this because each chapter I read, I was that much closer to finishing the book and the feeling of dread, seeing the way things were going, was increasing.

It's always frustrating to me the non-choices put forth to Patrick, his acceptance of what the gods ask of him and I really, really wish he could adopt a bit of Jono's and Wade's attitude towards them (gods) and tell them to EF themselves. But as Patrick realizes, if things haven't gone that way for him then he wou
Dan
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Every time I get my hands on a book in this series I believe the stakes cannot be any higher, and every time I'm proven wrong. This time, the dominion sect strikes in New York, Patrick and Jono's home base. Combined with the threat of a rival god pack and the PR nightmare they stage, plus more gods coming into the fray, the stakes do definitely get higher.
As always, the pacing and the transition between plot and action scenes is smooth as hell. The only thing I wish is that the character list (
Lexicdark
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So I know you thought the last book was stuffed full of action and story, and it was, but apparently we needed to squeeze in more this time around. Granted there is no globe hopping, but there sure is a lot of jumping around NYC with a little trip down to the Library of Congress. Just to grab one little book real quick like, what could go wrong?

Our beloved characters go through some drastic changes in this book. A burning question I have now is, does Wade not like tomatoes? Or is it situational?
Lily
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is as amazing as the ones that came before it!

There are more mini plots in this book than I can keep up with and it was just really captivating. Jono and Patrick have gone through so much but this book pushes that even further. There are new and old alliances and you just don't know where its heading until the end. I honestly can't wait for the next book and the one after that and the one after that one and I hope it never ends but I also cannot wait to read the end! Its quite the con
Carissa
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again Hailey Turner has delivered another epic mythological adventure within her Soulbound Series. I love the way this series is able to combine multiple mythological pantheons and incredible fight scenes into an amazingly sweet and funny story.
Carmen
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oooh boy... where to begin with this one! Hailey has again exceeded and as well up the feels train with this release. Without a doubt, she is an exceptionally talented author who if you don't already, need to allocate an entire day to read and drown in all the feels she puts Pat and Jono through.

In her newsletter when she said this book was going to be a rollercoaster SHE WAS NOT KIDDING! I'll say this and only this as a warning, Patrick hardly gets a break in this book. The emotional journey i
Katie
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, m-m-fantasy, m-m
An Echo in the Sorrow by Hailey Turner is the sixth book in the Soulbound series. Echo picks up after the events in London and Paris with Patrick on desk duty at the SOA and Jono and his New York City god pack fighting a civil war throughout the five boroughs. The two sides of Patrick's life collide when an item he is investigating on behalf of the SOA is found in a dead enemy of his god pack. Patrick is accused of the murder and while the investigation continues he finds himself being pulled aw ...more
Jess (starlitlibrary)
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let's start this by saying I whined and bribed everyone until I got an ARC from the author because I have no self control or shame. Those who know me also know that I don't take ARCS for review anymore 😂 so rest assured, this is 100% honest shrieking. I'm just a screaming lunatic who wanted this book before everyone else and somehow got her way. Will this review be somehow professional? HA, GOOD JOKE! Has anyone ever read a review of mine that wasn't total chaos and paragraphs full of me screami ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Of Betrayal and Monsters (Winsford Shifters, #2)
  • Fluke and the Faithless Father (The Fantastic Fluke, #2)
  • Wormwood Summer (San Amaro Investigations, #1)
  • Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters #1)
  • Hexes and Horns (Magic Emporium)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • Elven Duty (Magic Emporium)
  • Must Love Demons (Magic Emporium)
  • A Dragon's Fortune (Magic Emporium)
  • The Quiet House (Black and Blue, #2)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Knight and Day (Magic Emporium)
  • The Muffin Man (Magic Emporium)
  • Brought to Light (Magic Emporium)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Hijinks With a Hellhound (Hidden Species #3)
  • Other Half (PsyCop #12)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Soulbound (7 books)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound, #5)
  • A Veiled & Hallowed Eve (Soulbound #7)

News & Interviews