Start by marking “Excalibur #16” as Want to Read:
Excalibur #16

Excalibur #16

(Excalibur (2019) (Single Issues) #16)

The team is left changed in the aftermath of X OF SWORDS… and some things lost cannot be replaced.
Published December 23rd 2020 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Excalibur #16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Excalibur #16

Start your review of Excalibur #16
Tanabrus
Dec 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel, comics
Le conseguenze di X of Swords su Excalibur:
Rictor è sempre più preso dal suo nuovo legame con i druidi e dal suo rapporto con Apocalisse, è distrutto dal fatto che il suo mentore sia andato su Arakko e fa l'apprendista stregone studiando i suoi testi;
Rogue è più comprensibilmente ossessionata dalla morte di Betsy, assieme a Remy e a Jubilee, e cerca di recuperarla o di avere la certezza della sua morte per poterla fare rinascere.

La cosa implica l'intervento di X-Factor e di Avalon, con un finale
heidi
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
First of all, the Excalibur books are always always so beautiful and as always my eyes are pleased. Immensely. Even Rachel's horrendous costume looks so much better when drawn by Marcus To.

- I'm not enamored by overly precocious kids so I guess we'll see how it goes with Maggie possibly being a regular in Excalibur. Rictor is right. Why couldn't she be a dragon or something?

- Jamie is an idiot. Can't wait to see how complicated it'll get when Sinister rolls out Clone Betsy and Lost Betsy comes
Scratch
Dec 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
I am really losing all respect for Tini Howard.

So this whole issue was dedicated to the idea that Betsy Braddock is missing, and weirdly presumed dead, after the bizarre events of X of Swords. (For anyone who hasn't been reading my reviews-- I did not approve of X of Swords.)

For some strange reason Jubilee, Gambit, Rogue, and Rictor are still hanging out together. This whole run of Excalibur has been odd, because none of these people are particularly close friends (other than Gambit and Rogue be
Tiag⊗
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Marcus To draws such beautiful people, his art style is perfect for Marvel, still the biggest selling point of this series.
Emily
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nicely done. Betsy is still missing. X-Factor can't figure it out so maybe Excalibur can do some magic to find her. My guess is that Saturnyne did some shady shit.
Maggie Braddock is quite precocious, isn't she? She and Jamie well be fun to watch! Speaking of Jamie, he's going to screw up everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the source of Betsy being missing.
Papasmurfiiiviii
This is exciting to me. Tini (the author) is not just going to leave this plot thread from X of Swords dangling. It seems like it’s going to be a part of the story arc going from issue 16 onwards.

Reader discretion advised for those that are little tired of the slower pace of Excalibur before X of Swords because it seems like that pace will be here in this issue and (likely) going forward. For those like me that can stand it, I think this series will continue to impress.

Reviewer note: kept some
Ian Sharman
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Is that accent fake?! It sounds fake."

Just want to throw something out there before I get into it. The "Corps" in "Captain Britain Corps" is pronounced "core" and not "corpse." It's the same with the Green Lantern Corps. Just so you all know. Got that? Ok. Let's continue...

See, this is Excalibur. You've got Brian and Meggan and their precocious daughter, Maggie. You've got Otherworld and the Captain Britain Corps. You've got a weird mystery that needs to be solved. This is Excalibur.

You also ha
Roman Colombo
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first real issue exploring the consequences of X of Swords. And in Excalibur fashion, things are getting weird.

Also...the Five? They were just the first five. Now SWORD and Excalibur have their own versions of the Five to perform different functions.

David
Jan 28, 2021 rated it liked it
I mean it wasn't awful, which is a step up for Excalibur. Inevitably they will find Betsy alive so theres no real tension here.

Miss Apocalypse, he made the series for me the rest of the characters haven't really been fleshed out and just feel a bit bland.
RG
Dec 27, 2020 rated it liked it
An arc about finding Betsy..ive lost interest in this one
Ned Netherwood
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hopefully we're done with the Marvel crossovers because last issue's cliffhanger isn't resolved here BUT it does seem over. ...more
Vicki Gooderson

• S.W.O.R.D. #2
  • X of Swords: Destruction #1
  • X-Factor #5
  • X-Men #15

Excalibur (2019) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Excalibur #1