Start by marking “Body By Night” as Want to Read:
Body By Night

Body By Night

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Zuri Day sizzles with a seductive story of one woman's quest to take control of her life.  .  .while experiencing an attraction too explosive to resist.  D'Andra Smalls has had enough. She's tired of being overweight, she's had it with her overbearing family, and she's fed up with settling for any guy who'll have her--especially since she caught her boyfriend cheating with ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about Body By Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body By Night

Karla
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
African Americans on the Move Book Club
I must say that Body By Night was a absolutely perfect read. I enjoyed this story so much that I am still thinking about the characters and only wish I knew them to see what they were up to now. This is a romance novel focused on a woman who is a not your small petite frame but she will claim the heart of one on the most honorable and sexy men in L.A. This book reminded me so much of a beauty and the beast but the main character De’Andra will face more then you ever imagine in the short amount o ...more
Connie
An awesome story about two people striving to achieve their dreams despite jealous and vindictive ex-lovers as well as selfish family members. D'Andria's out of control weight has now threatened her health. So she joins a health club and runs smack into super, sexy personal trainer, Night Simmons. D'Andria can't believe this gorgeous man could possibly be interested in her because even her own parents rejected her and there are no words for her sleazy, cheating ex-boyfriend. Just as Night finall ...more
Shawnette
Mar 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I REALLY enjoyed this story! While reading I was treated to an inspiring, intriguing, amusing and romantic DELIGHT. I was TOTALLY caught up in the voluptuous Ms. D'Andra (her MANY issues) and the AMAZING, sexy-as-all-get-out, BOSSY Mr. Night, and their budding friendship-turned-relationship from beginning to end. Ms. Day weaves quite an ENGAGING storyline, with a cast of well-developed and UNFORGETTABLE characters. The conflict and drama that the characters, (main and secondary) struggle with ma ...more
Wilki J
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Eh what can I say..big girls don't cry..and Dandra def wasn't crying..maybe a moan..ahem from workouts..but Night def was the man to bring this unhealthy shy chick into her own.. I liked the plot and the characters. My first read by Zuri..def not my last.
Tamara Parks
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Plus sized ladies can be beautiful too! There were points where I felt the writing was a little too cheesy or juvenile, but I love rooting for the underdog and D'Andra was it in this book. Pretty steamy too!
Kyra Gates
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who love love stories
Recommended to Kyra by: no one
I loved the story it kept you on your toes; I just felt the ending was incomplete but I was satisfied with it nevertheless. This book almost brought me to tears because I was able to relate on some level to alot of the situation. It is a great read!
Chantavis
May 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very well written book. This was my first time reading a book by this author and I truly enjoyed this book. I would definitely read anything else written by the author.
Glenda
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading how determined D'Andra and Night were to make the relationship work. D'Andra's self esteem was low and she was not making her sister responsible for her children
The lives of others really has an influence on our lives. Mary led the liife of a user and it could have ended badly for her daughter.
Mary
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aa-romance, own
Amazing!

This story was just that! Amazing! Plus-sized diva meets chocolate hunk. They had a lot of obstacles to deal with: family, crazy ex and secrets. They prevailed and got their HEA.
C
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say...loved it. This book has expired me to get in shape. I wish my love was a personal trainer. I enjoyed reading about the love that developed which was based on more instinct not sight. I even enjoyed reading the insecurity of Sandra and Nights caution.
martha belk
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I love the book. It made me feel like I can do what I set My mind to do about my eating right and exercising. I'm on the right road and this book gave me a little more strength for me to keep doing what I'm doing.
A. Jones
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet romance. I didn't get the amount heat I read in other reviews; more warm than hot. Still, I liked it.
monita massey
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!!!

This book was great to read. It kept me interested. I can't wait to read more books by this author.
Tonya
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! Please read! 😁
Carmen Blalock
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The way that society is nowadays we are very visual beings. Basically if it looks good then we like it. It is rare that a person will like something for its worth and not for its appeal but when that happens it is almost always going to be a benefits from the results.

D'Andra Smalls is a beautiful woman. She has a pure heart of platinum and is a BBW ~ big beautiful woman. Though she is confident in her work abilities her size is beginning to causing her problems with her health. She has finally m
Laverne
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sister's it is more than a notion when we try to take back control of our lives. Funny thing is at the very moment we plan it out God laughs at out planning and His Spirit jumps right on in showing us who truly is in control. Try as she might D'Andra Smalls manages to work on losing weight because she has truly had enough. But what I love about this sister, she wasn't interested in leaving her dysfunctional family members behind she shared the knowledge as she learned it. As tired as she was of ...more
Regina Ricks
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just right for me

What's a girl to do when a handsome fit guy hears your inner battle spoken out loud about NOT going into the gym and he responds? You get out the car and go with him. After a health scare D'Andra is determined to be healthy and get fit and who better to help her than Night a personal trainer. Night and D'Andra's chemistry grows as they work together to help her meet her goal to get fit and his goal of opening his own gym. As they go through the process they encourage and build
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This girl sure has serious family drama in big spades. Her momma needs an ass whippin and her sister needs to be strung up and educated in more things than sex.

Night is a very odd name for a black man in today's world. But this man has turned a nickname from the streets into a future legacy for himself.

D'Andra has been the brunt of many a jokes, snide comments, and more for as long as she can remember. This bbbw (big, bold, beautiful, woman) has a heart of gold and is a determined to make healt
Toni
D'Andra Smalls is tired of her overbearing family, being overweight and most of all settling for the wrong guy over and over. As she's making up her mind to start exercising enter JaJuan "Night" Simmons, a personal trainer and 6' of chocolate goodness. Night offers to help her train and lose weight, after all their goals are similar - promoting health and fitness.
I love the way their relationship developed through common goals. D'Andra was scared of losing her heart, but Night challenges and enc
Elle1986
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: aa
Let's see...

Overall nice simple read, I don't know why I felt like something was missing or maybe I just wasn't connecting well with the characters but at one point I was... bored while reading like right about the 60% mark I just wasn't really into the story anymore.

I enjoyed the fact that D'andra was working towards a goal of getting healthy and Night was a good guy it just that the situation was.. I guess predictable. The only shock was her father but by then I was like okay cool...

So for
Tamara
Although this book was a HEA, Night and D'Andra went through quite a bit as friends first, then a couple!

This story is the perfect example of why parents need to be honest with their children about an absent parent! Even more so, it makes you think - How would you handle a situation with a mate that could possibly be seen as taboo?

Through it all, they supported each other and made it work! This was a really good story, one of my faves from this author.
Mikka
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aa-romance
This book was a bit too corny for me, especially Night's character, and the sex scenes were cringeworthy (as far as how they were described). The twist with D'Andra's father felt unnecessary and like it was supposed to be shocking and seem super dramatic, but all I could do was roll my eyes at who it was and the reaction. This one is not one of the author's best, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't finish it, so it gets 2 stars.
Crystal
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this book and I can totally relate to D'Andra's life minus the family issues. Would love to have someone to work out with. And it's such a small world for her father to have been Night's stepfather. I was very disappointed in Night when he automatically left D'Andra like it was her fault what her mom did to his parents. And if I was in that same situation I would have done the same thing D'Andra did. Again, great book. I was sad when it ended.
Shavonna Futrell
Body by Night!!

This was a very good book. D'Andre had made an unexpected trip to the emergency room that prompted her to make some life changes. She decides to join a gym to help her lose weight. Who would have known that the trip to the gym would change her life dramatically. I am looking forward to reading more books by Zuri Day. If you like romances I highly suggest you read this one.
Carla
Apr 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good, it held my attention. I could feel for the main character's drama. I did not like how silly she was when it came to her mom and sisters and how she could not get her mind right about that man. SHe seemed to just to conclusions alot.

I loved the story and I would recommend it.
Layeshia
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got to tell you it's wonderful to have a sister with a little bit of meat on her bones and a brother who is tall and dark chocolate and with a bald head.....oh my! Anything by Zuri Day is great 5 star read.
Shannan Harper
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zuri Day is another author that will be kept in my rotation. D'Andra Smalls ends up in the emergency room after a health scare and is determined to loose weight. What she did not count on is the Sexy trainer "Night" who comes into her life. A great romance story. I enjoyed it very much.
M Landry
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Fairly easy read. Not a book that will leave you gasping for breath, but enjoyable.
Renee
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Zuri Day and I loved the book!!!
  • Weapon of Seduction
  • The Edge of Dawn
  • One Night With You (Grayson Friends, #3)
  • Give Me Fever
  • Beyond Temptation (Forged of Steele #3)
  • To Love A Stranger
  • Winter Kisses
  • Release Me (Holmes Brothers, #2)
  • Taken By Storm (Whitfield Brides #3)
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte
More about Zuri Day

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be