Start by marking “Mistress of Geese” as Want to Read:
Mistress of Geese

Mistress of Geese

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  2 reviews
The undiscovered, occasionally almost uninhabited remote areas of the old European land of Croatia hold secrets only the bravest of women can find. The only question is, will they survive the discovery or be taken into darkness as the land demands?

MISTRESS OF GEESE
Jela lives in complete, self-imposed isolation, but when a malevolent curse falls down on the neighbouring tow
Published December 21st 2020 by Shtriga

To ask other readers questions about Mistress of Geese, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistress of Geese

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  2 reviews

Start your review of Mistress of Geese
Cameron
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I don’t normally write reviews for books, but given that this one is so gorgeous, and the author’s notes requested it, I thought I would.

Mistress of Geese is an incredible work, weaving horror, Croatian folklore, and queerness into an exciting, fresh, eerie, and compelling series of stories. Mežnarić seamlessly brings her queer characters to life. They appear in her stories as fully-formed and deeply relatable, and this was one of my favourite elements of the book.

I also particularly enjoyed how
Antonija Mežnarić
Dec 21, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
What to expect?

A collection of 5 novelettes (65k words in total!). 5 different women in 5 remote locations. From Lepoglava to Dalmatia, these queer folk horror stories will give you different views on isolation, loneliness, oppressive societies, hungry nature, desolation and magic.
Vesna
Jennifer Ricard
Dec 23, 2020
Edelgard
Dec 30, 2020
Antonija is a Croatian writer, editor, conrunner and speculative fiction fan. She especially likes horror, urban fantasy and fairy tale retellings.

Notable works include her sapphic horror comedy novella What do Nightmares Dream of and queer folk horror collection Mistress of Geese.

News & Interviews