Start by marking “The Lady of the Sea (Tristan and Isolde, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lady of the Sea (Tristan and Isolde, #3)

The Lady of the Sea (Tristan and Isolde #3)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  926 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Isolde, heir to the throne of the queens, is now a sovereign in her own right. With the glories of the throne comes the responsibility of a queen, and Isolde knows she must return to her beloved Western Isle. She can no longer tolerate her marriage to King Mark of Cornwall, a marriage she has accepted for years in order to save her country from the threat of war and to be ...more
Published November 22nd 2005 by Broadway Books (first published December 7th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady of the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady of the Sea

Nicole D.
Mar 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: england
This book was mind-numbing

I felt obligated to finish the trilogy. It was a mistake. This book was so unbelievably boring.

You see, Tristan and Isolde get separated. Then Tristan is beset by something and then Isolde whines to the Goddess, oh my love my love. Then they get back together, and then they get separated and then Tristan is beset by something and Isolde whines to the Goddess, oh my love my love. Repeat.

It's horrid. I wish I could get a refund. Truly, don't waste your time. Try the Kus
Jan 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
This series is just awful and the third book is the most awful because the author only uses the Tristan and Isolde source material in books one and two. Book three is all the author and her fascination with the mother goddess and her plot conflicts that seem like they will last throughout the book until she suddenly resolves them midway through and picks up a new one. I love the original story but these three books were incredibly painful.
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
3rd installment of Miles' story of Tristan & Isolde. Excellent series and this book might have been my favorite one. I read every page not knowing how she would end the story and that's always a happy surprise. I hate when books are too predictable.
Elizabeth(The Book Whisperer)
Great series!
Jody Baer-Swanson
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Dear God or should I say Goddess Mother? (No offense to my pagan friends, and I do have a couple, however; I will say this book should definitely be offensive to them.)
I kept hoping that this story would somehow come up with a good explanation for some things, yet so many things made no sense.
Maybe I am totally clueless and if so then that's my misunderstanding and lack of knowledge, BUT...
If the Picts were so vicious and scary that Isolde thought her knights would be outmatched, why w
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would read again and buy
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Sarahz by: Librarian
This book was enjoyable, but the writing was not extraordinary. A light, easy read. I rated the entire trilogy a 3, but I almost rated this book a 4 due to the last 25 pages or so. I particularly enjoyed Isolde's conversation with the arrogant envoy from "the ear of the Pope himself," "Dom Luis Carlos Felipe Arranganzo de Sevilla y Cadiz y Pinca y Salamanca and so forth and so forth..." p. 72

Arranganzo curled his long, elegant lip. "God has ordained that only men should rule. Why should we share
Erin Miller
May 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Rosalind Miles is a historical fiction author and has written an interesting trilogy on the original star crossed lovers Tristan and Isolde. The book The Lady of the Sea is the third book in the Isolde and Tristan trilogy by Rosalind Miles. It was interesting but could have been done better but it was definitely better than the second book in the trilogy.

Isolde in The Lady of the Sea by Rosalind Miles is Queen of Ireland. The King Darath of the Picts is threatening to invade Ireland so she sets
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 3 stars, whereas Ive given the other two books 2 because it was set at a faster pace and everyone got what they deserved. Plus, it was the last one and I dont have to feel obligated to read any more of them.

I have known Tristan and Isolde to be such a terrific tragedy. Ive known their story to be one of epic love and soul crushing loss. This invention of them left me wishing for bad things to happen to them so that they would experience that burn for their missing half. So the
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
The conclusion to the Tristan and Isolde story that started with Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle (Tristan and Isolde, #1) by Rosalind Miles and The Maid of the White Hands (Tristan and Isolde, #2) by Rosalind Miles. I love Miles portrayal of Isolde, the Queen of Ireland as she maneuvers her way to becoming a fierce political rival and warrior queen. She had so much great and meaty dialogue that I really enjoyed reading.

Unfortunately, I continued to dislike Tristan throughout this series. I couldn't stand all the weeping and stamping out in temper tantrums when Isolde and he disagreed. Dareth, King of the Picts was so interesting and
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
interesting twist to the classic love story
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
How oh so romantic! Normally, this isn't really my thing ,but this series was quite wonderful. I very much enjoyed Miles' feminist take on a very old story. Its like she stripped away the awful male-dominant Christian veneer a found the true tale of a time when women were strong and not broken down beings who were owned by their husbands. That being said, not all the men in this were horrible sexist pigs. Quite a number were Goddess worshipping and loved fierce independent women. A great book fo ...more
Betty Strohecker
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Accepting her loveless marriage to King Mark and staying in Cornwall to be near Tristan and keep her country free from war, Isolde now finds she can no longer stay away from her beloved homeland, but must fulfill her duties as thir Queen. When she arrives, she finds her lords upset and facing an invasion from warriors to the north. Thus this final book in the trilogy brings together all of the major players to face their destiny. War, treachery, and passion play out in this exciting finale.
Dec 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think everyone knows my views on Rosalind Miles' work, by now. If you don't, just search for my reviews on her other books... The writing is competent enough to read, but full of purple prose and I am not sure at all that Rosalind Miles has ever tried to examine her opinions about other women. Outwardly her work seems to celebrate female sexuality, but there's something very disconcerting about the way Miles approaches it.
Emaline Lapinski
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
actually, i didn't like this book as well as i liked the others. it just didn't have the right punch ending like i'd expected after the two previous, suspenseful books in the trilogy. i'm happy though to learn that tristan and isolde's love lasted the test of time, and i will be using those characters (albiet they're fictional) as a guide in my other relationships.
Apr 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
this series was really good. having reading this author's guenivere trilogy and the elizabeth book also, i was looking forward to tristan and isolde's story... i only knew a little about them from my many Arthur books. i was not disapointed! a very good story spread over 3 books. a great tale of true undying love!
Sep 05, 2007 rated it it was ok
I really liked the first two a lot... and then I got to this book, and I felt like I had already read it... because it's so damn similar to the other two. If you do read this trilogy, read some other stuff in between. It'll just be too repetitve. I recommend Diana Gabaldon.
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars-or-less
I like the story of Tristan and Isolde and this was great. I only read the 3rd book because I found it for $1.00 and I already was knowledgeable about their love story. It was not amazing, but it was good. For 1 buck, why not? I don't feel like I wasted my money or my time.
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
I read that book and the previous a year or two ago and I remember loving those series! Best Tristan and Isolde series ever! The third one was amazing with an amazing ending! Praise to Rosalind Miles!
Beth Kauffman
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
I read this book strictly because I had gotten the Trilogy 5 years previous and had struggled to finish it. In my opinion there were too many sub-plots adding unnecessary length. But it wasn't as bad as 'Moby Dick', so it's got that going for it.
Nov 11, 2009 rated it liked it
The third of the Tristan and Isolde stories holds a surprise ending that I have never read in any other version. The book has love, action and betrayal in it. But how much do they love each other? The ending tells us.
katherine drake
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dramatic-fiction
This series of books just makes me smile, for reasons all my own. They do expand out well on this lovely story at the fringe and outer reach of Arthur's Round Table tales, amid the lush green and mystical tradition of Ireland.
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mythology readers
Recommended to Cassie by: book series
The end of the Tristan and Isolde trilogy. The series kind of petered out near the end, so this was a bit of a disappointment. But as a whole, the series is great for anyone interested in Celtic/British mythology.
Apr 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This saga was thoroughly entertaining. I loved every minute of it.
Jamie Kay
Jul 18, 2007 rated it did not like it
I bought the trilogy, so I might as well finish it out.
Jenny Pearsall
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
The Guenevere trilogy is far superior to this series.
Erica Yatsuk
Jun 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
dissapointed only because i knew the trilogy was coming to an end, but other than that i couldn't put it down.
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful ending to a beautiful trilogy.
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • Dark Moon of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #2)
  • The Chessboard Queen (Guinevere, #2)
  • Queen of the Summer Stars (Guinevere, #2)
  • In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1)
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • Gwenhwyfar: The White Spirit
  • The White Raven
  • Avalon
  • Yseult: A Tale of Love in the Age of King Arthur (The Pendragon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Green Knight
  • Banners of Gold (Alix of Wanthwaite, #2)
Rosalind Miles is an author born and raised in England and now living in both Los Angeles and Kent, England. She has written both works of fiction and non-fiction. As a child, Miles suffered from polio, and had to undergo several months of treatment. After being accepted to a junior women's college, Miles acquired a working knowledge of Latin and Greek, along with developing her life-long love of ...more
More about Rosalind Miles...

Tristan and Isolde (3 books)
  • Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle (Tristan and Isolde, #1)
  • The Maid of the White Hands (Tristan and Isolde, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion