Jump to ratings and reviews

Ouroboros

Kindle Edition

Published December 18, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Andrew Davie

29 books6 followers
Andrew Davie has worked in theater, finance, and education. He taught English in Macau on a Fulbright Grant and has survived a ruptured brain aneurysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage. in January 2022, he'll begin a Clinical Mental Health MA program.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (60%)
4 stars
2 (40%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for Scott Cumming.
Author 7 books50 followers
March 12, 2021
Davie's private eye pairing McGill and Gropper return in Ouroboros dealing with somebody out to settle an old score.

Davie is meticulous in building his plot and characters as always and writes brilliant stretches about our antagonist. We learn a bit more about McGill's past in this one, while Gropper is still the hammer drop.

The ending crept up on me as I forgot about the previews at the back of the book. This is a short follow up that whets the appetite for further Gropper and McGill adventures, but I do worry for McGill's health with all that diner food he's eating. I don't know what a deluxe pizza burger is, but I can feel my arteries clogging just reading the name.
Profile Image for Ross Cumming.
597 reviews16 followers
July 16, 2021
P.I. duo Gropper and McGill are new to me and this is a short story of revenge involving someone from McGill’s past. Davie builds the story up nicely and has a kind of no nonsense writing style where even the violence just sounds matter of fact. He tells the story from both McGill and Gropper’s viewpoint and also from Mark’s, the avenger. We get a little bit of their backstory too and also there’s a nice bit of humour where Gropper’s new domestic arrangements see him playing a lot of ‘hide and seek’ ! An interesting pair of detectives where McGill appears to be the brains to Gropper’s brawn and I look forward to reading more of their escapades.
18 reviews
March 3, 2021
Excellent! I want another one!

Great characters. I love the development of Gropper with the little girl. And it feels like there is another coming, because there's an unfinished thread.

I look forward to the next one!
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.