Start by marking “The Firflake: A Christmas Story” as Want to Read:
The Firflake: A Christmas Story

The Firflake: A Christmas Story

4.83 of 5 stars 4.83  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"But what if I'm looking near the field and the Firflake falls by the old stream?" Engleberta Ruprecht is this year's Watcher, and she takes her job seriously. The Watcher is tasked with waiting for the first snowflake of winter and leading Papa Knecht, the head of the family, to where the Firflake will fall. While the parents prepare for the special day, Papa Knecht and M ...more
Published November 6th 2008 by iUniverse (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Firflake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Firflake

Eric Bauman
I will admit that, when it comes to the Christmas season, I have become somewhat of a Grinch over the past few years. As mentions of Christmas come earlier and earlier, I find I get tired of the season, to the point where by mid-November, I find myself wishing for January.

Given that, it was a singular pleasure to discover Mr. Cardno's gentle retelling of some Christmas stories from a new perspective. I read it after Christmas, but still found myself heartened by the beauty of the tale.

Start a
Nathan Burgoine
I love tales retold cleverly.

I'm not one who loves Christmas in a traditional sense these days - working retail often leaves much of the "ho-ho-ho" replaced by "go-go-go" and the end result is being tired. I've made it a point to find new traditions for myself and my family and friends whereby I can enjoy small pieces of the holiday.

"The Firflake" just became one of those traditions. It's a lovely story, taking pieces of Christmas tales and turning them just a little sideways, so the light can s
Tom Burkert
A great tale to keep your mind off the commercial aspects of Christmas.
Christine Opela
Christine Opela is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2013
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012
Elizabeth Marshall
Elizabeth Marshall marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2011
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
Anthony
Jan 22, 2011 Anthony rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2010
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2010
The Many Tortures of Anthony Cardno Beyond The Sun SF Space Battles: Full Throttle Space Tales #6 Oomph: A Little Super Goes a Long Way Galactic Games