Start by marking “Everything Behind Us (Murphy Brothers Story #3)” as Want to Read:
Everything Behind Us (Murphy Brothers Story #3)

Everything Behind Us

(Murphy Brothers Story #3)

Neither wants to relive the past, but they need each other to face the future.

Connor Murphy lives by a code of honor and service. Dignified, duty-bound, and responsible, he’s spent the past eight years as a single enlisted airman, determined never to mess up another person’s life the way he did Sadie’s. As long as he follows orders, does his job well, and avoids romantic e
Kindle Edition
Published January 12th 2021 (first published January 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Everything Behind Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything Behind Us

Start your review of Everything Behind Us (Murphy Brothers Story #3)
Carolyn
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read Everything Behind Us with a gentle ache in my heart. That ache is how I know an author has done their job well. The characters are real, the narrative is smooth, and my heart is fully engaged. And this book is all sorts of moving.

Connor is one of the good guys. One of the very best, in fact. And his God-led conviction to be a father to Reid and a husband to Sadie is admirable. Sadie has so many regrets and her life is, frankly, a mess, but she still comes off as sympathetic and dignified.
Dana Michael
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Everything Behind Us features Connor. He is the most awesome hero ever. This book is a modern day marriage of convenience that is so heartwarming. I might have swooned and shed a tear or two. But don't worry this has a precious happily ever after. I enjoyed it very much and highly recommend it.
*I was given a copy of this book by the author and this is my honest opinion.
Emilee
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet series! I love the Murphy boys. Conner and Sadie's story was hard to put down. ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'Lord, help.'

Jennifer Rodewald writes good books. I am a forever fan. She somehow manages to pull such depth of emotion from the characters in her books that it astounds me.

Here, in her Murphy Brothers, book three, we find Connor's story. Along with Sadie, who has lived some pretty rough years. Now she is back in town, along with her four year old son and a devastating diagnosis.

Connor has prayed for Sadie for years and now feels a divine pull to marry her, even though neither loves the other.
Brittany
This was such a powerful story! It is part of the Murphy Brothers series, of which I have LOVED each book. I definitely recommend reading the whole series because it is so good, however, you can also just jump in and read this emotionally rich tale and enjoy Connor and Sadie’s story.

The title, Everything Behind Us, illustrated to me the vast hurt that these characters experienced in their past. They had things that they both regretted and felt guilty about and they had to learn to leave that gui
Julia
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Everything Behind Us by Jennifer Rodewald is a powerful Christian contemporary novel that will fill your heart and soul with love. It is part of the Murphy Brothers series but can be read as a stand-alone.
At the heart of the novel is a family and their journey through cancer. It is heart wrenching. There are difficult choices to be made. Both the characters and the reader realise the end result is uncertain but God is always faithful and will walk us through the valleys of life.
The past still ha
Ashley
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rodewald has done it again! I'm beginning to sound like a broken record when it comes to her books, but she never fails to deliver an incredibly authentic, poignant, and faith-filled read.

I absolutely loved Everything Behind Us. It's an emotional read, for sure. There's lots of tears, but it's also brimming full of hope, showcasing the wonder of God's steadfast love.

The characters were wonderful and likable. Connor was a great leading man. He's upstanding, honorable, and an all-around
Suzie Waltner
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Everything Behind Us is not an easy read, but oh, what a beautiful journey it takes you on. Connor and Sadie have regrets about the same event but are both trying to move forward.

Sadie carries a lot of regret from decisions she’s made since that event, but necessity has brought her home to Sugar Pine. As Connor and Sadie talk and spend time together, he feels a definitive call in his life.

Connor Murphy is a protector and dutiful. He’s the stable, sure-headed Murphy brother. Sadie’s life is falli
Alison
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Connor and Sadie have a history. She made some poor choices, and never intended to return to her hometown. With her failing health, she doesn’t have a choice. She needs help caring for her son. She hoped she wouldn’t run into Connor. She didn’t need that complication.

Connor has prayed for Sadie for years, ever since she went away. When he sees her back in town, he feels compelled to help her. He feels God leading him to marry Sadie and to be a father to her son.

I loved this book. Connor is a g
Susan Jalosky
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Everything Behind Us made me cry at the injustice of teen love. I was mad at how Sadie was treated and wanted justice for her and Connor. I wish every teen could read this book and see how how their actions had long reaching consequences. Sadie left home and hadn’t returned for nine years, but circumstances beyond her control brought her back. Connor hadn’t stopped praying for Sadie and for forgiveness, but so far neither had made life easier for him. The decisions they had made as teens couldn’ ...more
Brenda Moser
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story with strong characters and a realistic story line. She brings out all the feels in this emotion filled story and pulled at my heartstrings reading. It's well written with perfectly painted scenes , moves fluidly and is a spiritual read.

Ann
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written book. It is full of emotions and you can feel every one of them. Sadie and Connor's story is full of hope and inspiration. It shows that if you follow God's plan for your life everything will work out in God's time not ours. Grab a box of tissue before you start this book, you will need them. ...more
Donna Dv
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book!!!! This book was so compelling and so emotional. I think I cried through most of it. It was so well written. Connor was an angel. Great, exceptional book!!!!
Edith Ellen
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rodewald never disappoints! She does an excellent job of keeping a series interesting and relatable. Everyone has regrets in their lives and she has a way of capitalizing on the good. She uses real life situations and demonstrates how good can come from bad experiences if we let God be in control. I would highly recommend any of her books and this one is no exception!
Phyllis
Full of mercy and grace

Full of rich emotions and characters of depth, Everything Behind Us shows what can happen when we surrender fully to God's will and do what He directs us to do; what we know is right, even when it is the most difficult choice. When all of Connor's family discouraged him from marrying Sadie, it would have been so easy just to walk away. After all, there is wisdom in a multitude of counselors, right? But Connor was a man of prayer and conviction. He knew that God was directi
Sharon Dean
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and well thought out, I enjoyed Sadie and Connors story so much. And Reid was such a sweetheart. Full of emotional moments, I needed the tissues. A story of hope and everlasting love that God does love all His children. Outstanding characters that you grow to feel so much for. I enjoy Ms Rodewald’s work. She never disappoints.
I received a copy of this book and this review is my own.
Michaela
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series is just amazing. It's incredible. And, each book is even better than the last, how that is possible blows my mind! This book is totally a page turner. When I'm away from the book, it is constantly on my mind. These strong characters, difficult situations - past and present, and so much more. There is just so much to be learned and reminded about commitment in our instant gratification and me first culture, blown with the winds. Simply wonderful. I cannot wait for more!

I received an
Courtney Clark
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Everything Behind Us celebrates the normal and challenging sides of life (and marriage). With Rodewald’s typical depth, this story has emotional themes balanced with joy and purpose. I was happy to get another Murphy brother story! I am always delighted at their family’s dynamics and practical jokes, along with the balance of wisdom their parents offer in various situations.

I really appreciate the lesson Connor learns in this story, one that is gleaned from reading between the lines: that it’s o
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Jennifer Rodewald; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Nancy De
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
God does reign - grace comes in midst of the dtorm

Jen Rodewald's books in this series are amazing, hard to put down, full of encouragement! Her characters are captivating, her plots are riveting. An excellent author going to top of my list alongside Francine Rivers who has held that place of honor for many years. So special to have fresh inspirational writing to look forward to!
MaryEllen
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grab a box of tissues before even starting this one.

Great story.
Really well done characters.

There's so much to learn about marriage, honor, commitment, guilt, forgiveness, and communication in this story. They all play an important role, either by inclusion or exclusion, in the situations these families face. Communication really sets up the HEA, though.
Carolyn Hiatt
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Rodewald is one of my favorite authors. I can always depend on her to write about real people who struggle with life and doing what is right. Connor is a man who realized that doing the wrong thing leads to pain for all involved and based on that decides to live a life that is honorable and serving others in the military. But a chance meeting with Sadie from his past, pushes him to face the past, those he hurt and realize that being honorable is not always easy. Loved the characters of ...more
Mary A. Lopp
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this story about Connor and Sadie. They new each other in high school and Sadie really liked him and things happen. But she found out she had cancer her and her son went to her parents. Connor and her got together again. God was in controlled. I recommend this book.
Johnie Bearden
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let the past be the past

Quite an unusual story. Proves that God has all the details of our lives in HIS hands. Well written to the end.
Niki
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In this book we read about Conner the straight laced brother and Sadie. She came home to because she has just received some terrible news about her health. They get marriage so that her son will have a father if something happens to her.

Kelly
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It can be so easy for a couple to jump to conclusions. It can lead to so much time spent in misery. I like the way that they trusted the Lord also. Very well done!
Beckie
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A definite win. Love the Murphy brothers and how they come together through trials. Can’t wait for the next book
Rhondia Cannon
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It seems unlikely that characters in a story could move one to heartbreak but that is exactly what is accomplished in Everything Behind Us. The folly of teen decisions and ensuing consequences, regret that continues even years later, a terminal diagnosis, and the unfulfilled longing to be loved. It’s all there and spawns similar feelings of regret, fear, and sorrow especially for a young lady who is sure she is unworthy of being loved. This author leads me to dig deep, to think and to consider a ...more
Seyi Aderinola
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Incredible

An absolute tearjerker in the best possible way. This story will linger long after it's been read. So well done😊
Kimberly
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
The book is a good inspirational romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable moving and heartbreakingly romance read.

• Chasing Amanda (Amanda #0.5)
  • Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes, #3)
  • Fatal Exchange (Southern Crimes, #2)
  • Afraid of the Light
  • The Lost and Found Bookshop
  • Love & Redemption
  • Relative Silence
  • The Light Over London
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • The Billionaire's Promise: a sweet billionaire romance (Always the Bridesmaid Book 1)
  • True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)
  • Small-Town Secrets (Door County #1)
  • Greenlights
  • Still the One (Deep Haven Collection, #1)
  • A Match Made at Christmas
  • Hope's Promise (Potter’s House Books (Two) Book 19)
  • For the Love of Joy (Coastal Hearts #5)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
Jennifer Rodewald is passionate about the Word of God and the powerful vehicle of story. Four kids and her own personal superman make her home in southwestern Nebraska delightfully chaotic.

Born in Colorado, she experienced both the seclusion of rugged mountain living and the busy streets of a Denver suburb during her growing up years. Somewhere in the middle of college, she married a Husker and fo

Murphy Brothers Story (4 books)
  • Always You (Murphy Brothers Story #1)
  • In Spite of Ourselves (Murphy Brothers Story #2)
  • This Life (Murphy Brothers #4)

News & Interviews