Start by marking “Overruled by Love” as Want to Read:
Overruled by Love

Overruled by Love

Returning to my childhood home feels surprisingly nice, but this is no vacation. I’m a man on a mission, and as soon as I clear my friend’s name, it’s back to Philly to be named partner in one of the most prestigious law firms on the East Coast.

I need to stay focused.

Which would be a lot easier if I didn’t keep running into Zara Phillips, an intriguing, hot as hell newco
ebook
Published January 27th 2021 by Altiora Press

To ask other readers questions about Overruled by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overruled by Love

Start your review of Overruled by Love
Maggie Whitworth
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋

Very enjoyable read.
These boys, a group of friends and siblings from a small Philadelphia town, begin to make names and lives for themselves, but never forget where they came from.

The Bridgwater boys series begins here with Cole and his love interest Zara.
Love is never a smooth road, this one it seems is destined to travel a bumpy journey, surely Bella will put them together in the end?

Of course she does, can’t have an unhappy romance. But the two don’t start off smoothly and she gives
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cole and Zara are the perfect blend of big city and small town! The funniest part is that they’ve each been both in life, yet they’re seemingly in different spots along their “who am I really” journey while being exactly where they should be. They have a less than stellar first (and second, and third) meeting before they both bend a tad to figure out how to proceed, but that only gave me more of a reason to like them. Zara needed some confidence, Cole needed some insight to what he truly wanted ...more
Brenda Moser
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book with strong characters in Zara and Cole. Set in the small town of Bridgewater , Zara wants to stay. Cole wants to return to Philly and the law firm. What will it take to make them both happy? This is their story. The author moves the story quickly and smoothly with her detailed writing and perfectly painted scenes. I loved watching them work through the rough times and coming together in the end. It's an enjoyable story and I would recommend reading.

I voluntarily revi
Lorrie
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
When your first impression couldn't be further from the truth.

Zara noticed this big-time city attorney walking into the coffee shop, who wouldn't notice a man commanding your attention whether you wanted to give it or not? He has success written all over him in that suit. Too bad the case he has should prove his client is guilty so just the idea that he would represent him gets under her skin. And she's angry at the way her traitorous body responds when he looks at her. This has tangled love/hat
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely awesome. It stars Cole, who is lawyer in his home town of Bridgewater/ Its a very small town and he is defending a doctor who is accused of malpractice when a child was injured being born. He is doing it because the doctor is a friend and innocent and the family has no cause for the trial but an ambulance chaser talked them into the malpractice suit.

Zara has moved to Bridgewater and was left her house by her now deceased grandmother and she loves Bridgewater so much that
Margaret Watkins
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
A well-written and gentle romance, this story touched my heart as I could identify with Zara and her need for roots. Returning to Bridgewater to defend his friend in a court case, Cole discovers more than reuniting with family and old friends when he comes across the beautiful coffee shop patron who unexpectedly would rather have nothing to do with him. Unused to being spurned, Cole sets out to win Zara over, but when his overtures are rejected, he calls it a day. Seeing Cole with his family mak ...more
Kat Tolle
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
COLE IS EVERY GIRL’S DREAM. Overruled by Love by Bella Michael is book 3 in the Boys of Bridgewater series and this book is one of the most romantic books I have ever read. What I wouldn’t give to be Zara… she is one lucky girl! What I especially loved about this book is that it’s almost like reading two books in one. This contemporary story is told by Cole and Zara in each of their own perspective. It take a true writing talent to pull this off and Bella has done just that. If you want to escap ...more
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
A wonderful love story where choices are central.

Cole is a young lawyer who has the opportunity to become a junior partner in the company where he works. A goal he has been living towards since he left school. Before he can become a partner, there is 1 more case that he handles in the town where he grew up.
Zara lived in that town until she was 13 years old. Her grandmother leaves her the house when she dies and Zara decides to stay in Bridgewater. As a freelance writer she can work from anywhere
Esme Greiner
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cole returns to his hometown to defend his friend in court. Zara has just moved to town and when she meets Cole and finds out why he’s there wants nothing to do with him. She doesn’t believe his friend is innocent and that he would help him out. Cole finds her attractive and wants to win her over but what happens when the case is over and it’s time to go home? She doesn’t want to leave the small town and he has a career in the how’s it going city.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprou
Cathylynn
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cole is a big city attorney and he wants to do what he came to do and leave and get partner. Zara is a distraction he did not need. He is big city and she was big city. There was no love loss at first, but after awhile things changed. They are at different stages of their lives but can they find common ground. I really enjoyed the journey these two took. The interaction and the way they started out like water and oil. It was a very entertaining story.

I received a free copy of this book via Books
Maja
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read from this author and it's a Boys of Bridgewater prequel. I absolutely loved the first person point of view of the story and I loved our hero, Cole. He made me laugh out loud a lot of times and for me it's a hero who either makes or breaks the story for me. This will not be the last story I've read from this author.

Teresa Zimmerman
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Nielsen
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an arc for my honest review

This was a lovely story and I enjoyed reading it. I liked the characters and the story but I was just left with a want for more information especially in regard to the case Cole was working on. Why was he so sure of the outcome? Stuff like that will annoy me for a while. But other than that I liked it.
Rach H
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Cole and Zara's story.
It was a lovely romantic story that was well written and enjoyable to read.

Kathy Mccalmon
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the prequell to the boys of Bridgewater series. The characters are fun and exciting and the storyline will take you on an adventure between these 2.

Thi
Feb 05, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a good read. I wasn’t sold on Zara making a 180 regarding Cole. It just didn’t ring true that she would judge him so quickly, wanting nothing to do with him, to turn around and go out with him just because something happened to his grandfather.
Kimberly
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
The book is a good enjoyable small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Bella Michaels
Dec 20, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Get Overruled by Love FREE as a newsletter exclusive starting on January 2nd, nearly one month before its release on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited.

Sign up here 📨 https://buff.ly/3aw47zM
Carla  Moreira
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
A sweet easy read. This little novella is a true feel good romance. Very much looking forward to reading the rest if the series. Im probably most looking forward to Tristano Story.
💜💞💜💞💜💞
Victoria Weston
Christa Bengtsson
Cheryl Nichols
Dec 29, 2020

• My Highland Bride (Kingdoms of Meria, #2)
  • Just Desserts (Zaftig Dating Agency, #41)
  • Melt My Heart (Stupid Cupid)
  • Artist Seeks Mountain Man (Bear Mountain Brothers, #3)
  • Blue Forty-Two (Quick Snap)
  • The Star (The Insta Lust Collection)
  • Irish Doctor's Secret Babies (Doctors of Denver #3)
  • Take Me Gently: A High School Forbidden Love Steamy Standalone Romance (Dirty Elite Academy)
  • Love Baked (Valentine's Day Series #1)
  • In Praise of Older Men (The Boston Silver Foxes #1)
  • Lucky Man: A Single Dad Romance (A Liszt Brothers Series Book 1)
  • Third Time Lucky (The Bennett's Bastards Series, #1)
  • Hearts and Flowers (Zaftig Dating Agency, Book 43)
  • In the Shelves (Zaftig Dating Agency, #44)
  • Rancher’s Pregnant Ex
  • Tempting Tristan: A Stepbrother Romance
  • Repairing Her Heart
  • Out of the Blue (Another Try #6)
Bella Michaels is the pen name of a contemporary romance author who debuted her first contemporary novel in summer 2020.

When not writing romance, Bella loves dreaming up new sassy heroines and alpha heroes for readers to enjoy. Firmly Team Gryffindor, Stark and Reylo, she lives with her husband and two pre-teens in Pennsylvania.

News & Interviews