Start by marking “Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)

Fighting For You

(The Callahans #5)

Diego Garcia.

Class bully.

Football star.

My boyfriend.

I fell hard and fast for the resident bad boy and he fell just as hard for me too. We were the perfect couple, until things turned sour.

Senior year and we’re both super busy. He has football. I have volleyball. Soon enough, I hear the rumors - Diego’s cheating on me. After everything we’ve been through, I’m devastated. Br
Published February 11th 2021 by Karen Erickson

To ask other readers questions about Fighting For You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Ing
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)
Monica Murphy
Dec 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
It's LIVE and FREE with Kindle Unlimited! Are you ready for Diego and Jocelyn's story?

Grab it here: https://geni.us/FFYAmz

FFY-Teaser-7-AN

FFY-Teaser-1-1

FFY-Teaser-2-1

FFY-Teaser-6

FFY-Teaser-6-PO
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, hmmmm 2.5* I'm conflicted on this rating because there were parts I enjoyed but ugh it was so much teen angst I rolled my eyes a lot.

My original thoughts which appear after my review were based on reviews, because of conflicting reviews however I decided to try this for myself which was actually a HUGE leap because I absolutely do not condone cheating! I think ARC reviews haven't done this book any favors. There are some that imply he cheated and a couple that said he actually di
Madita
Aug 19, 2022 rated it did not like it
this book gets a whopping 1.5 stars

Okay sooooooo this couple annoyed me throughout the entire series. Diego was constantly being rude to his girlfriend and overall they seemed like the most toxic couple ever and guess what? they are.

Overall we have wayyy too much drama going on with not telling the truth just to hurt somebody when it is very clear why she has trust issues as well as overall making a girl the issue of this all.

The only good thing about this book is that Jos made him at least b
flor
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2021, series, 2-stars
FictionalDen
1 big headache star

Both the main leads were competing against each other on who can give me a more severe migraine. In the end it was a tie.

description

This might be a complete me problem, I understand that both the main leads are 17-18 and that’s the reason why they could be so immature. There were so many times I wanted to throw my phone away but I had to keep on reminding myself that they are just teenagers! Let's let them off the hook... right?

description

I tried okay? I really did but every time they went through
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lol, wait. HOW did DIEGO end up being my favorite Callahan series hero?!?!

How? Monica. How? Alexa, play “started from the bottom by Drake,” because Diego was the worst, but now he’s the best.

Ok, so if you’ve read this series (you really should) then you know that Diego is somewhat of the villain in Falling for Her (Callahans #2)! He betrays his newly PREGNANT girlfriend, Jocelyn, by cheating on her with his best friend’s horrible ex, and he’s just a huge jerk to everyone. Mean to his best friend
nikita
Jul 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
moral of the story: if your girlfriend hears a rumour about you cheating on her behind her back, don’t just nod and go with the flow. tell her the whole truth.
mila
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 | If the other books were pure high school drama then you can mark this as a new era, because Diego and Jocelyn's story was nothing but pure ANGST and I live for that.

"I thought we were done. Destroyed. Guess I was wrong. And I’ve never been happier to admit my mistake in my life."

Once the high school golden couple, now Diego and Jocelyn's relationship is hanging by a thread. Diego's sudden mood swings, the lack of time and communication, and cheating rumors were enough for Jocelyn, bu
RJ
Feb 07, 2021 marked it as no-thank-you
Shelves: ow-drama
Not for me. Too much teenage angst, asshole hero, and OW drama. He didn't "technically" cheat but fooling around with OW after knocking up a girl you claim to love is pretty close in my book. (H/h were broken up during this time) Of course she must've stayed celibate and never even got tempted by another man.

See: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Thank you Rachel for taking one for the team! lol

- - -

wait wait wait...

are we redeeming a cheater in this?????

someone tell me it isn't how it l
Nikki (Deeply Bookish)
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

If you read the previous books in this series, Fighting For You is definitely worth reading EVEN if you found yourself hating Diego - trust me you are waaaay wrong about his character.

When I heard we’ll get Diego’s story I got worried. Because he was really getting on my nerves especially in Jake’s book. He was this „king“ of school that annoyed me so damn much I just couldn’t stand him. He treated his best friend awfully, and then we
Lindsey  Domokur
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020-read
Writing this with tears in my eyes. Monica never lets me down. Listen, I didn’t know if I wanted to read this book after what we know about Diego from the previous books. He’s arrogant, a cheater, just an all around loud mouth jerk, or is he? This book is proof that we never know someone. We never know the struggles they go through behind closed doors. We never know why they do what they do; lash out, beg for attention.
Diego has a reputation. He’s “that guy”. You know the one, the one who wants
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read, proofread
This book pulled at all of my heartstrings. Diego & Jocelyn's battle to be together had many ups and downs to it. I came into this book knowing that Diego had to win me over, and he did. Jocelyn is a fierce, yet forgiving and compassionate heroine who I adored. I loved the layers to these characters that M Murphy unfolded and the depth to their story. I can't wait for more to come from this series!!

*Beta Read *
sunny
"I'll do what it takes to get this girl—especially this girl—to talk to me again. To tell me what's going on in her life. To explain to me where we went wrong, and why we can never make it right."

Ever since I read Falling For Her, I fell in love with Diego and Jocelyn's story. I'm an ABSOLUTE sucker for second chance romance and when I heard Monica was going to write their story, I was over the moon. This book is one of my highly highly highly anticipated reads of 2021 but also of my life becaus
The Romantic Rush Blog
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I just love Monica Murphy’s young love/new adult stories- stories that make me feel all nostalgic for the epic, angsty, hyperbolic first love. How everything felt bigger, more dramatic, and new and exciting when I was a teen. While her characters might have extraordinary lives, I love the ways MM captures the normal teenage experience- the universality of growing up and maturing, while experiencing romance for the first time.

Fighting For You is the story of Diego and Jocelyn- two characters we’
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021, audiobook
All the feels!

Finally a book I loved in this series! I wanted to read Diego and Jocelyn’s story so bad. I’m a sucker for a good redemption book and this was so great. The way both Diego and Jocelyn grew up and matured was remarkable. I loved both so much and the pacing of the story was just great. Like I said before, I need some serious angst in my HS romances, and this one had it all. The audiobook is also brilliantly narrated by Teddy Hamilton (who I adore) and Sarah McEwan. Definitely recomme
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Star Rating : 4/5 Stars

POV : Dual

Cliffhanger : None

Hero : Diego. He was the perfect Bully who regretted a lot of mistakes and I loved the way his character progressed.

Heroine : Jocelyn. She was the perfect partner for Diego. She was mature and I loved the way she loved him throughout everything that happened with them!

Pace of the story : Moderate

Angst Rating : 5/10

Heat Rating : 5/10

Triggers Involved : None

Plot Summary :
J
Dawn
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story!! Full review to follow

Jocelyn and Diego were the perfect combination. Because of the strength that Jocelyn was able to show, she inadvertently helped jumpstart Diego into being the best version of himself. I LOVED THIS STORY. I knew and trusted Monica Murphy to take a character that you kind of disliked, or were drawn to if you're me lol, and made him real. She created a total package, showed the layers that created the "bully" that you may have met in prior stori
... Lost  In Bookland...
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
All those who have felt the magic of this author in the previous 4 books, surely were impatiently awaiting the release of this 5th book in The Callahans series, which will take you on such an emotional journey that will make you forget about the world around you. But even if you have not read the previous ones, Fighting for You can definitely be read as a standalone, and never feel lost or lacking some background story while reading this story.
Senior year is something that young high school stud
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I have to admit, I haven’t read the previous books in this series, so I don’t have overlapping feelings for these characters. I must say though I now have a feel where people are coming from with a certain character. One thing is definitely certain, Jocelyn and Diego brought the emotions.

Jocelyn was a very likable character. I loved her fierceness and her strength. She had to make a tough decision for the sake of her heart, and even though she knew it’d bring pain she put herself and he
Jen (jensdreamylittlereads)
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Monica Murphy absolutely killed this story. From start to finish I was hooked. I devoured this book in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. Diego and Jocelyn are more than I could have imagined. The push and pull of their relationship, and the back and forth was heart wrenching but also beautiful. Fighting For You is so beautifully written and pulled out so many emotions in me.

Diego and Jocelyn’s journey is certainly not an easy one. From the start I knew that this read was going to be quite the
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Diego. Sigh

Listen, I hated the dude with a passion reading this series. Like I wanted him to die a fiery death. Alright, that’s a little harsh but thr sentiment was still there. When Ms. Murphy announced that she would be writing a book about the man we love to hate, I was a little worried.

I shouldn’t have worried though. And if you’re one of the ones who’re on the fence because Diego was the villain of the series. I think you should set aside your judgement and give the guy a chance.

As many o
Siobhan Davis
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Love Monica's words. Can't wait for the new spin-off series and that snippet at the end has definitely whet my appetite! ...more
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "GiGi" stars***

OUT NOW!!!!

"She was mine. Until she wasn't."

If you have already met the rest of the Callahans, you will know that Diego wasn't the greatest guy in there. Honestly, I didn't like the guy!!! He was cocky, arrogant, he cheated his poor girlfriend and he was a bully, especially toward his cousin who was gay...
But can I be honest with you here???
When I heard that Monica will deliver his book, I was intrigued, even though I sort of hated him...
But in here, Diego proved me w
HMS
Mar 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
The evolution of Diego was a wondrous thing to read. Wow did that boy step up and grown up when he had to. Outstanding!

My interest is piqued too! The new spin off series sounds promising. Why is Tony alone all the time and where do he and Jackson go. Hmmm.
Anne
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

I've been waiting for this ever since it was announced last year! Like OMG! Give me Diego now!

I must admit, I hated him through all the earlier books he was being featured. What he did... of course I sided with Jocelyn because I've been in her shoe and Diego wasn't also doing anything to appease her doubts. So it just snowballed from there on out.

I didn't expect some parts of the story to turn out the way it did... the author kept me on my toes.

I enjoyed the whole book. It's frustrating but a
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, arc
I'm not a huge YA romance reader, but when I do, it's a Monica Murphy book! Maybe because hers are more NA than YA romance that deals with the trials and tribulations of first love and high school all wrapped up in one.

Let me start by saying that you can surely read this book as a standalone and still have your feelings all over the place about our main male character, Diego. You'll know why the past readers of the series aren't totally on board with him. BUT, if you've read the past books you k
Ing
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was NOT a big fan of Diego at all in the previous books. His character was a bully and big-time jack-hole towards his girlfriend. I was really surprised he was getting his own book and I could not for the life of me think how Monica Murphy would redeem his character. Lo and behold she did. For those who were not fans of Diego and are leery to read his story, I think you should read it because IMO Diego redeemed himself. His character is not perfect but there is more to the story than what goss ...more
jordane
“Sometimes we have to walk away from the one we love the most, to heal ourselves.”

4.5/5

When I started this series, I didn't think that Diego and Jocelyn would become my favorite couple because Diego was such an asshole, but now I love them so much and need more of them!! I adore second chance romance and unexpected pregnancy tropes, and their story exceeded my expectations. Diego's redemption arc was well written, and it was so good to finally get his POV on his and Jocelyn's relationship. I
Erin Lewis
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Fighting For You (The Callahans #5) by Monica Murphy

I’m not a huge fan of new adult or bully romance, however in saying that Monica Murphy has written a strong book with characters who drew me in. Diego Garcia is a football star and has a reputation as a bully and if rumors are to be believed, a man who has perhaps cheated on his long time girlfriend, Jocelyn.

When Jocelyn learns about the rumors she is heartbroken and breaks up with him, only to discover she is pregnant. Hard de
♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction
I absolutely knew that Monica Murphy was going to wreck me with this book. I didn't know if I believed that Murphy would be able to change my opinion of Diego but she made me eat those words. She took a character from this series that everyone hated and flipped our perceptions on their axes. I really love that this series is a prime example of not making assumptions about people and not judging a book by the cover. What we see on the surface is just the tip of the iceberg and there can be any nu ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Still Beating
  • When Bae...
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Swoony Billionaire: The Kline Brooks Collection
  • His To Claim (Servite Academy Series, #1)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Spin (Captain Chase, #2)
  • The V Girl: a Coming of Age Story
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • The Princess Games (The Princess Trials, #2)
  • The Princess Crown (The Princess Trials, #3)
  • Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Pucked Over (Pucked, #3)
  • Sancte Diaboli: Part One (The Elite Kings Club, #6)
  • Quantum (Captain Chase, #1)
  • Without You
New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://monicamurphyauthor.com/subscribe

Hang out with me on Instagram:

I'm on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@monicamurphya...

The Callahans (7 books)
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Falling For Her (The Callahans, #2)
  • Addicted to Him (The Callahans, #3)
  • Meant To Be (The Callahans, #4)
  • Making Her Mine (The Callahans, #6)
  • A Callahan Wedding (The Callahans,  #7)