Start by marking “Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)

Fighting For You

(The Callahans #5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  696 ratings  ·  222 reviews
Diego Garcia.

Class bully.

Football star.

My boyfriend.

I fell hard and fast for the resident bad boy and he fell just as hard for me too. We were the perfect couple, until things turned sour.

Senior year and we’re both super busy. He has football. I have volleyball. Soon enough, I hear the rumors - Diego’s cheating on me. After everything we’ve been through, I’m devastated. Br
Published February 11th 2021 by Karen Erickson

To ask other readers questions about Fighting For You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ing
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)
Monica Murphy
Dec 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
It's LIVE and FREE with Kindle Unlimited! Are you ready for Diego and Jocelyn's story?

Grab it here: https://geni.us/FFYAmz

FFY-Teaser-7-AN

FFY-Teaser-1-1

FFY-Teaser-2-1

FFY-Teaser-6

FFY-Teaser-6-PO
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, hmmmm 2.5* I'm conflicted on this rating because there were parts I enjoyed but ugh it was so much teen angst I rolled my eyes a lot.

My original thoughts which appear after my review were based on reviews, because of conflicting reviews however I decided to try this for myself which was actually a HUGE leap because I absolutely do not condone cheating! I think ARC reviews haven't done this book any favors. There are some that imply he cheated and a couple that said he actually di
Melanie (mells_view)
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lol, wait. HOW did DIEGO end up being my favorite Callahan series hero?!?!

How? Monica. How? Alexa, play “started from the bottom by Drake,” because Diego was the worst, but now he’s the best.

Ok, so if you’ve read this series (you really should) then you know that Diego is somewhat of the villain in Falling for Her (Callahans #2)! He betrays his newly PREGNANT girlfriend, Jocelyn, by cheating on her with his best friend’s horrible ex, and he’s just a huge jerk to everyone. Mean to his best friend
Mickeysreads
1 star

Both the leads were competing against who can give me a more severe migraine.

This might be a complete me problem, I understand that both the main leads are 17-18 and that’s the reason why they were so immature. So many times I wanted to throw my phone away but I had to keep on reminding myself that they are just teenagers! But every time they went through the Cami hole I JUST GOT SO FRUSTRATED!!! They both KNOW how psycho she is so why are they even entertaining her in the first place!

SPOI
Florence ❁
Feb 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021
mila
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 | If the other books were pure high school drama then you can mark this as a new era, because Diego and Jocelyn's story was nothing but pure ANGST and I live for that.

"I thought we were done. Destroyed. Guess I was wrong. And I’ve never been happier to admit my mistake in my life."

Once the high school golden couple, now Diego and Jocelyn's relationship is hanging by a thread. Diego's sudden mood swings, the lack of time and communication, and cheating rumors were enough for Jocelyn, bu
RJ
Feb 07, 2021 marked it as no-thank-you
Shelves: ow-drama
Not for me. Too much teenage angst, asshole hero, and OW drama. He didn't "technically" cheat but fooling around with OW after knocking up a girl you claim to love is pretty close in my book. (H/h were broken up during this time) Of course she must've stayed celibate and never even got tempted by another man.

See: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Thank you Rachel for taking one for the team! lol

- - -

wait wait wait...

are we redeeming a cheater in this?????

someone tell me it isn't how it l
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read, proofread
This book pulled at all of my heartstrings. Diego & Jocelyn's battle to be together had many ups and downs to it. I came into this book knowing that Diego had to win me over, and he did. Jocelyn is a fierce, yet forgiving and compassionate heroine who I adored. I loved the layers to these characters that M Murphy unfolded and the depth to their story. I can't wait for more to come from this series!!

*Beta Read *
Nikki (Deeply Bookish)
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

If you read the previous books in this series, Fighting For You is definitely worth reading EVEN if you found yourself hating Diego - trust me you are waaaay wrong about his character.

When I heard we’ll get Diego’s story I got worried. Because he was really getting on my nerves especially in Jake’s book. He was this „king“ of school that annoyed me so damn much I just couldn’t stand him. He treated his best friend awfully, and then we
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Writing this with tears in my eyes. Monica never lets me down. Listen, I didn’t know if I wanted to read this book after what we know about Diego from the previous books. He’s arrogant, a cheater, just an all around loud mouth jerk, or is he? This book is proof that we never know someone. We never know the struggles they go through behind closed doors. We never know why they do what they do; lash out, beg for attention.
Diego has a reputation. He’s “that guy”. You know the one, the one who wants
The Romantic Rush Blog
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I just love Monica Murphy’s young love/new adult stories- stories that make me feel all nostalgic for the epic, angsty, hyperbolic first love. How everything felt bigger, more dramatic, and new and exciting when I was a teen. While her characters might have extraordinary lives, I love the ways MM captures the normal teenage experience- the universality of growing up and maturing, while experiencing romance for the first time.

Fighting For You is the story of Diego and Jocelyn- two characters we’
Siobhan Davis
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Love Monica's words. Can't wait for the new spin-off series and that snippet at the end has definitely whet my appetite! ...more
The Magical World of Reading
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
All those who have felt the magic of this author in the previous 4 books, surely were impatiently awaiting the release of this 5th book in The Callahans series, which will take you on such an emotional journey that will make you forget about the world around you. But even if you have not read the previous ones, Fighting for You can definitely be read as a standalone, and never feel lost or lacking some background story while reading this story.
Senior year is something that young high school stud
sunny
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"I'll do what it takes to get this girl—especially this girl—to talk to me again. To tell me what's going on in her life. To explain to me where we went wrong, and why we can never make it right."

Ever since I read Falling For Her, I fell in love with Diego and Jocelyn's story. I'm an ABSOLUTE sucker for second chance romance and when I heard Monica was going to write their story, I was over the moon. This book is one of my highly highly highly anticipated reads of 2021 but also of my life becaus
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Star Rating : 4/5 Stars

POV : Dual

Cliffhanger : None

Hero : Diego. He was the perfect Bully who regretted a lot of mistakes and I loved the way his character progressed.

Heroine : Jocelyn. She was the perfect partner for Diego. She was mature and I loved the way she loved him throughout everything that happened with them!

Pace of the story : Moderate

Angst Rating : 5/10

Heat Rating : 5/10

Triggers Involved : None

Plot Summary :
J
Dawn
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story!! Full review to follow

Jocelyn and Diego were the perfect combination. Because of the strength that Jocelyn was able to show, she inadvertently helped jumpstart Diego into being the best version of himself. I LOVED THIS STORY. I knew and trusted Monica Murphy to take a character that you kind of disliked, or were drawn to if you're me lol, and made him real. She created a total package, showed the layers that created the "bully" that you may have met in prior stori
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "GiGi" stars***

OUT NOW!!!!

"She was mine. Until she wasn't."

If you have already met the rest of the Callahans, you will know that Diego wasn't the greatest guy in there. Honestly, I didn't like the guy!!! He was cocky, arrogant, he cheated his poor girlfriend and he was a bully, especially toward his cousin who was gay...
But can I be honest with you here???
When I heard that Monica will deliver his book, I was intrigued, even though I sort of hated him...
But in here, Diego proved me w
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I have to admit, I haven’t read the previous books in this series, so I don’t have overlapping feelings for these characters. I must say though I now have a feel where people are coming from with a certain character. One thing is definitely certain, Jocelyn and Diego brought the emotions.

Jocelyn was a very likable character. I loved her fierceness and her strength. She had to make a tough decision for the sake of her heart, and even though she knew it’d bring pain she put herself and he
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, young-adult
I'm not a huge YA romance reader, but when I do, it's a Monica Murphy book! Maybe because hers are more NA than YA romance that deals with the trials and tribulations of first love and high school all wrapped up in one.

Let me start by saying that you can surely read this book as a standalone and still have your feelings all over the place about our main male character, Diego. You'll know why the past readers of the series aren't totally on board with him. BUT, if you've read the past books you k
Ing
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was NOT a big fan of Diego at all in the previous books. His character was a bully and big-time jack-hole towards his girlfriend. I was really surprised he was getting his own book and I could not for the life of me think how Monica Murphy would redeem his character. Lo and behold she did. For those who were not fans of Diego and are leery to read his story, I think you should read it because IMO Diego redeemed himself. His character is not perfect but there is more to the story than what goss ...more
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Monica Murphy absolutely killed this story. From start to finish I was hooked. I devoured this book in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. Diego and Jocelyn are more than I could have imagined. The push and pull of their relationship, and the back and forth was heart wrenching but also beautiful. Fighting For You is so beautifully written and pulled out so many emotions in me.

Diego and Jocelyn’s journey is certainly not an easy one. From the start I knew that this read was going to be quite the
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Diego. Sigh

Listen, I hated the dude with a passion reading this series. Like I wanted him to die a fiery death. Alright, that’s a little harsh but thr sentiment was still there. When Ms. Murphy announced that she would be writing a book about the man we love to hate, I was a little worried.

I shouldn’t have worried though. And if you’re one of the ones who’re on the fence because Diego was the villain of the series. I think you should set aside your judgement and give the guy a chance.

As many o
Erin Lewis
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Fighting For You (The Callahans #5) by Monica Murphy

I’m not a huge fan of new adult or bully romance, however in saying that Monica Murphy has written a strong book with characters who drew me in. Diego Garcia is a football star and has a reputation as a bully and if rumors are to be believed, a man who has perhaps cheated on his long time girlfriend, Jocelyn.

When Jocelyn learns about the rumors she is heartbroken and breaks up with him, only to discover she is pregnant. Hard de
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This was such a great redemption story. In previous books in The Callahan series, Diego is a huge jerk. He treats everyone, including Jocelyn, terribly. I was a little skeptical going in, but his story is written so beautifully that you cannot help but sympathize with him. Suffering from a truly awful home life, Diego Garcia acts out the only way he knows how; by being a complete jerk to everyone so no one looks too close. He had the perfect relationship with Jocelyn, until he felt he couldn’t ...more
Izzie d
Feb 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Anita Byars
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful read has an abundance of feels and plenty of aww moments. I had been eager to finally get Diego and Jocelyn’s story and it didn’t disappoint. All the repressed, simmering emotions, the angst, the anxiety over dealing with their situations, and for what their hearts desperately longs for, always makes my heart skip a beat and has me feeling swoony.

I simply adored their journey and the growth of their characters as these two struggle to deal with what life has thrown at them. I fou
Ariadna Basulto
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Monica Murphy delivers a perfect second-chance romance! Fighting for You delivers all the feels, a romance so good I didn’t want the story to end, a fierce heroine, and bully who redeems himself and proceeded to own my heart in the end. Loved it!
Dayang
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

I've been waiting for this ever since it was announced last year! Like OMG! Give me Diego now!

I must admit, I hated him through all the earlier books he was being featured. What he did... of course I sided with Jocelyn because I've been in her shoe and Diego wasn't also doing anything to appease her doubts. So it just snowballed from there on out.

I didn't expect some parts of the story to turn out the way it did... the author kept me on my toes.

I enjoyed the whole book. It's frustrating but a
PP's Bookshelf
I feel Monica Murphy captures the teenage angst beyond perfection in her new adult sports romance stories. The whole confusing emotional mess that gives me all the feels as Diego and Jocelyn fights for their future in Fighting For You.

Diego Garcia has a reputation. Bad boy. Hot head. Reckless. Volatile. He has hurt so many people. And the most affected was his ex girlfriend and mother of their surprise baby Jocelyn. Sweet, soft and kind Jocelyn. She thinks they are done now. But their baby binds
Cat Nunez
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
This was definitely my favorite!! I wanted to read Diego and Jocelyn’s story since they hinted all the problems happening to them and it was really good. In the previous books Diego was awful sometimes and I really wanted to see his redemption especially with Jocelyn.

I loved Jocelyn, she was really quiet and a good girl and I hated how her relationship with Diego was falling apart thanks to all the rumors and Diego’s bad attitude. She deserved happiness and despite all, she was an amazing mother
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hard to Score
  • The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)
  • Still Beating
  • Close Quarters
  • Return to Us
  • The Seasons of Callan Reed
  • Only Once
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • Riot Rules (Crooked Sinners, #2)
  • Condemned to Love
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Swoony Billionaire: The Kline Brooks Collection
  • On The Rebound (Steinbeck U, #1)
  • Nate
  • Hate Me
  • Mistletoe Kisses
  • All the Pretty Lies
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram:

The Callahans (5 books)
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Falling For Her (The Callahans, #2)
  • Addicted to Him (The Callahans, #3)
  • Meant To Be (The Callahans, #4)