Start by marking “Limits and Stakes (Suit of Harte's #3)” as Want to Read:
Limits and Stakes (Suit of Harte's #3)

Limits and Stakes

(Suit of Harte’s #3)

Professor Danny Stone doesn’t date students. Though the university does not forbid such relationships, he’d rather be safe than sorry, but with his sparkling blue eyes and silky blond hair, Christopher Owen is a temptation begging him to break the rules. He already bent them when he kissed Chris over winter break.

Spring break will be different. Danny’s plan is to spend the
ebook
Published December 21st 2020 by NineStar Press (first published June 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Limits and Stakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Limits and Stakes

Start your review of Limits and Stakes (Suit of Harte's #3)
Trio
Four stars for this series as a whole.

While you could read each of the novels in Jacqueline Grey's Suit of Harte's series as standalones, I'd recommend doing them in order - especially this last one. The scenes at the end of Limits and Stakes include all three couples, and they're marvelous.

Jacqueline Grey has won me over with her creative and interesting characters. The hurt/comfort aspect of the three friends who tragically lost their buddy, each making a life for themselves, finding love, and
Nadia
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a short and fast read. I literally spent maybe two hours reading this story. The story was about Daniel, a professor, who liked one of the students in his university Chris. During spring break he was surprised to see Chris in one of the BDSM clubs. They spend a week together with a no sex clause in the agreement but Daniel would show the ropes so to speak with Chris. Chris though had feelings for Daniel beyond the student/ teacher relationship and wanted more than a week. Overall, it wa ...more
Malkhai
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
Original review: https://myshelfbooks.wordpress.com/20...

Erotica: Danny Stone is a teacher who enjoys his dominant role during his free time. But he has some rules: no students and keep some distance from his place of work when practising the lifestyle. That’s why he traveled several miles to spend his spring break in a BDSM club. He wasn’t expecting to find there Chris, a student to whom he shoul
Jeff
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BDSM stories are intriguing to me. The level of connection between parties is so different from the typical romance. I think there is a deeper longing for trust and intimacy than is expressed in more traditional relationships. (I read the first book in Jacqueline Grey's series, Suit of Harte's, some time ago, and the familiarity of characters stayed with me.)

Daniel and Chris are familiar character types (professor and student) though the situation here is slightly different. What's unique is Gr
Charlotte
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a simple, yet effective plot and a great continuation of the Suit of Harte's series by Jacqueline Grey. As someone who enjoys reading authentic BDSM plotlines, I've been enjoying this series. I hadn't read it the first time it was published and as I've said before, it's being republished with great, eye-catching covers.

In this book, Chris is a 26-year-old student at the same post-secondary institute Danny Stone teaches at. During spring break they both end up at the same local BDSM club.
Stephanie Panach
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed every story in this series - they are definitely a serious entry into the BDSM world. This one maybe a little, less intense than the first one but more so than the second. You can 100% read this book without reading either of the prior books in the series. This is also a professor/student relationship - which is very sexy. Although Chris isn't Stone's student - but he does go to school at the University where Stone teaches.

This story focuses primarily on Stone's back story
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun, and hot, little romance. Danny can't stop thinking about Chris, but Chris is a student at the University that Danny teaches at and he doesn't date students, even though there are no actual rules against it. When they meet up by accident at a BDSM club at a nearby town, they can't seem to resist one another.
I really liked the dynamic between Chris and Danny. They worked well together and there was certainly plenty of chemistry. Danny does his best to keep Chris at arm's length, but
Heather (AllTheJuicyBits)
Limits and Stakes was an interesting peek into the BDSM world. It was a little bit grittier than I usually read - Stone was a pretty strict Dom who didn't share much of himself with Chris, but it kept me interested. The dynamic between the two of them was interesting in that Stone expected Chris's submission even when they weren't in a scene. I would have loved a bit more back story on both main characters, although I'm not sure whether the earlier books in the series provide that context. It's ...more
Allyson
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Limits and Stakes is by far the best yet out of the Suit and Harte's series by Jacqueline Grey.

I truly enjoyed Daniel Stone and Chris Nole with their Professor and student dynamic. The element of D/s was intense of keeping it separated as Daniel didn't want to cross the boundaries where Chris took every notable caring-bratty steps to push the Dom to his limits to see where their relationship could go.

"...but rules have no sway over feelings.

Grey wrote this novel full of emotion to which yo
Cody W
Dec 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading any kind of book like this. I have not read any of the previous two books in the series, but it was easy enough to understand what was happening without it.

This genre of books isn’t really what I’m into, but for people into BDSM books then this is a good introduction I think.

Short enough to get through in one day or even a few hours if you are dedicated.

Read as an ARC from NineStar Press, LLC on NetGalley
Nikki H. Rose
Wow. I can safely say this is nothing like anything else I've ever read. This book is short and definitely quick to read – I finished it in a matter of a couple hours. The relationship between the two main characters is both endearing and tantalizing, but the BDSM definitely deserves a bit of warning before diving in – just in case some are uncomfortable with it. This was well-written, and I did not want to put it down, but it's not my preferred genre, hence my rating. ...more
Stephanie
Dec 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Meh -- I did not like this story. While I usually enjoy BDSM books, this one was too much in the humiliation arena.

The writing was okay. Longer than it needed to be.

In general, I found Professor Stone to be unlikeable. He just seemed indifferent until the very last pages. Chris is sweet and kind, but seemed desperate for whatever scraps Stone tossed to him.

I struggled to finish the book. The ending was very lackluster and pretty much anticlimactic.

I would not recommend.
Mar
Dec 20, 2020 rated it liked it
This quick short and very hot read was not what i expect. The chemistry between the main characters was great although the power dynamic bugged me a bit. Two things I have to say, I like the side characters sub plot a but more than our main plot and i was not expecting the bdsm content I got here. I'm not bothered with that kind of kink but it needs a warning.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review
Nicole Pinto
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
So I read this book and it was not what I was expecting. I did not read the prior books in the series. I did not expect the BSDM aspect. Also the secondary plot came in like 80 percent into the book. Overall it was just not for me. Thank you to netgalley for the ARC.
Theresa
Short and sweet Intro to BDSM. Experienced Dom Danny and newbie sub Chris. Unfortunately, mismatched Dom Jesse and vanilla Adam from book 2 got engaged.
Blake
We follow the last best friend of this trio while he fights his attraction to a student.

Normally I wouldn't be "okay" with this type of dynamic. BUT, the student is in graduate school and he resisted as much as he could while the student fought for their love. I really enjoyed this book and how the dominant helped teach his submissive things in the bedroom. While the submissive taught him outside of the bedroom.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"

This installment is a bit similar to the last in that one MC is experienced in the BDSM scene, and one is not. Here, we have a Danny, a professor who shared an attraction and kiss with Christopher, a student, but chose to not pursue it. Instead, Danny decides to take his mind off of Christopher by spending some time at a BDSM club away from where he works. Unfortunately, among the potential subs he finds the very man he was trying to forget.

Once they get over the surprise of finding one another
George
Andrew
Jan 01, 2019
Len Evans Jr
Oct 21, 2019

• Maybe This Time (One Time Only #0.5)
  • Flashpoint
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • Her Turn
  • This Time Next Year
  • Burning It Down (CalPac Crew, #3)
  • Love at First
  • Be Dazzled
  • The Protector (Fire's Edge, #4)
  • Pretty Little Wife
  • His Holiday Crush
  • Realigned (Coming Home #1)
  • Roommate
  • More Than We Bargained For (Timber Falls #4)
  • Tempting Fate (Love in Eden #1.5)
  • Subduing Ryan: A Wild Possession Romance
  • Holidays in Blue
  • Bad Daddy (Dirty Little Secret Duet, #1)
Jacqueline Grey is a bit of a Jack-of-all-trades. She has many different interests and if you asked her what her job was the answer would be a list, even if she gave you the simplified version. She spends her days juggling work with her many hobbies which include dancing, aerial silks, sewing, cosplay, role-playing, drinking tea, and above all, writing. She currently lives on an island on the east ...more

Suit of Harte’s (3 books)
  • Tricks and Bids (Suit of Harte's, #1)
  • Shoot the Moon (Suit of Harte's #2)

News & Interviews